Setter Ace of Shiratorizawa

By worshipmezashu

[Haikyuu!xOC] [The rewrite of 𝑨𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 π‘Ίπ’‰π’Šπ’“π’‚π’•π’π’“π’Šπ’›π’‚π’˜π’‚] "Whoa, who is that?" "No idea, but she'... More

Announcement
1: The First Day
2: The Girl's Team
3: The Game Pt. 1
4: The Game Pt. 2
5: The Game Pt. 3
6: Practice and Recognition
7: Aoibajohsai
8: Confrontation and Memories
9: Stars and Bonding
10: Saturday
11: Assumptions and Group Chats
12: Practice Match #1
13: Three On Three
15: New Setter and Practice Match #3
16: New Roomie and Crushes~
17: Tendō and Extra Practice
18: Prelim Matchups, Moving and Memes
19: Prelims Begin
20: Ace Not Just Setter
21: The Finals
22: Azusa's Redemption
23: The Next Day
24: Begging and Oikawa
25: Aobajohsai Third Years
26: Fun and Confessions
27: Leaving
28: Start Of Training Camp
29: Bokuto, Akaashi and Texts
30: The Quick and Sleep Over
31: Day After and Realizations
32: Advice and Warnings
33: Plans and Confessions
34: Nationals
35: The Rescue Twins
36: Poof
37: Adjustments
38: PrObLeMs
39: The Boys
40: Alls Well That Ends Well
41: Pain
42: Reunions
43: Ushiwaka's Girlfriend
44. Filler
45. The Finals - Part One
46. The Finals - Part Two
47. The Finals - Part Three
48. The Finals - Part Four
49. The Finals - Part Five
50. Epilogue

14: Practice Match #2 and New Friends

19.5K 781 340
By worshipmezashu

Wednesday came and so it was time to play Fukurodani. As Kazane came back from their morning run with Ushiwaka, her coach beckoned her over. "What's up?" She asked as she stopped in front of her.

"You never told me you were a setter, Kazane." Coach Gushiken raised an eyebrow at her as the ace looked confused.

"I didn't?" She was positive she had said she could play any position that they needed her to, and that included being setter. Maybe she should have been more specific, Kazane thought as her coach sighed.

"You didn't. But I saw you with the boys last night," She told her, and Kazane raised an eyebrow. Yeah, she was setting but what was the big deal? She was nowhere as good as her twin. "It was amazing, the accuracy and consistency of your sets." Coach Gushiken complimented, a smile on her face.

"Oh, uh, thanks." Kazane laughed nervously, not sure what her coach was getting at.

"Don't worry, I won't switch it up today since we need to practice what I have in mind. You can go now." Gushiken nodded to her, so the ace slowly left as confusion swirled in her eyes.

"You're making the right decision." Washijo said, startling the female coach as he stood next to her, looking at Kazane as well, "I'd use her that way too."

"Oh, Coach Washijo!" Gushiken's eyes widened before they softened and went back to looking at the female ace as she and Ushiwaka talked. "Yes, I have a feeling this is exactly the edge we need."

"Hang on, I have to take this." Kazane told Ushiwaka as her phone vibrated. Since she didn't want it straight up ringing in the middle of practice again, she had put it in vibrate. It was her brother. "Hey bro, what's up?"

"Just checking in during our break." Tobio said after wiping the excess water from his chin. "How's it going?"

"It's going pretty good, what about you?"

"Same here. We actually have a practice game, so I'm excited about that. It's an old rival, too."

"Oooooh, who?"

"Nekoma." The name made Kazane grin.

"Dude we just played a practice match with their girl's team! That's awesome!"

"Seriously? Huh." Tobio's lips curved slightly. "Anything interesting going on today?"

"We have another practice match against Fukurodani, so that's fun. Also my coach said something about my setting so I'm not sure if I'm gonna be switched to a setter like I was last year."

"If she does that, she's wasting a wing spiker."

"Oh shush, I'm good with whatever I can do. And you know how much I adore being setter."

"Yeah, almost as much as me."

"Yo Kazzy-boo, who you talkin to???" Tendou popped up in her field of vision, causing her to squeak in surprise.

"Don't do that Tendou!!!" She slapped his chest as he laughed.

"Seriously, who you talkin to?" He asked again after getting over his laughing fit.

"My brother." Kazane rolled her eyes. "Sorry Tobi, it was one of my friends."

"It's fine. I need to go anyway. Have a good day Kazane."

"You too!" The two hung up before the female sighed.

"You are such a pain."

"But cha still love me!" Tendou giggled, prancing away.

~•~

"Why are we here again?" Kenma asked in annoyance, his glare focused on his best friend as they walked into Shiratorizawa academy.

"Because Bokuto said he would meet us here and then we could go out for food and he's paying." Kuroo told him, causing the pudding head to sigh and go back to his game. "Hey, know where we can find the gym?" Kuroo stopped a random student, who looked confused.

"The girls or boys gym?"

"Girls." Kuroo answered, so the student explained where to go and the captain thanked him before the two Nekoma players walked off. "Man this place is big."

"Yeah." Kenma said, not taking his eyes off of his device. The two found their way to the girl's gym, and managed to get up to the second level which was for viewing.

"Hey hey heyyyyyy!" Bokuto grinned, his arms outstretched as Akaashi stood watching the gym behind him. "Kuroo! Kenma!"

"What up bro!" The two crackheads did a secret handshake, Kenma getting lost halfway through so he just joined Akaashi near the window.

"How are they doing?" Kenma asked, glancing at the players on each side and then the score. It was the second set, being 17-13 Shiratorizawa.

"We've been slowly getting better, but they just.." Akaashi's eyes landed on Shiratorizawa's number 9, his lips pursed as he watched her receive. "Their number 9 is amazing."

"What's got Akaashi so focused?" Kuroo asked Bokuto as the two joined the setters by the window overlooking the gym.

"It's number nine, she's good." Kenma said as the set went up. All of the boys' eyes widened when she hit it off the blockers and it went flying and hit the wall, the sound even resonating in their viewing room.

"Damn," Kuroo smirked, folding his arms as he quirked an eyebrow. "Was that just a fluke?"

"No, she's done that several times." Akaashi spoke up. "They tried not blocking her but then she just started hitting every ball straight down. That's how the last game ended."

"Yeah, I can't wait to go talk to her!" Bokuto grinned, "I wonder what her name is!"

"Whoever gets her number last buys ice cream." Kuroo smirked at the owl, who immediately smirked back.

"Bet! Get ready lose, rooster head!"

"Right back at you owl boy."

"Will they ever shut up?" Kenma sighed as he rubbed his ear.

"Whoa look at that!" Kuroo pointed at the girl again. She had just hit it over the block and straight onto the ten foot. "Has she just been warming up this entire time or something?"

"Or maybe she was just toying with them." Kenma muttered.

"Oh man! Now I'm twice as interested." The two crackheads smirked. The game ended rather quickly after that, each side thanking the other before shaking hands.

Bokuto and Kuroo raced each other down to the gym, pushing and shoving as they tried to get there first. Kenma and Akaashi just facepalmed and followed silently as the pudding head went back to playing his game.

"Hey there!" Bokuto called, waving at Kazane as she refilled her water bottle for the rest of the day. She glanced over, then almost shrieked as the two boys ran at her, only to stop right in front of her.

"What's your name hot stuff?" Kuroo used his signature smirk, Bokuto scowling at him.

"Um, I'm Kazane Kageyama, so I know you?" She asked in confusion.

"Nah, we just saw your name and wanted to say hi." Bokuto butted in, holding his hand out with a grin. "I'm Bokuto! You were amazing out there Kageyama!"

"Oh, thank you." She shook his hand, still confused. "Uh, you can call me Kazane, or Kaz, or Zane. It's kind of weird for people to call me Kageyama."

"Why's that?" Kuroo asked.

"Well I always want to look around for my brother when I hear it, so it's just kinda weird." Kazane shrugged, smiling at them. "What's your name, then?"

"I'm Kuroo." He smirked, and instead of shaking her hand he kissed the back of it. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Oh wow we got ourselves a flirt pro." Kazane laughed, "you too. I'm guessing you guys don't go to this school based on what you're wearing."

The two were wearing their school track uniforms, which gave them away. "Yeah. I'm actually from Nekoma." Kuroo explained.

"Really? We played them on Monday! It was really fun. And I'm getting you," Kazane turned her attention to Bokuto, "are from Fukurodani, am I right?"

"Y-yeah! How'd you know?!"

"Your colors are the same." The female ace giggled. "Anyway, I have to go, nice to meet you both though!"

"Hey wait! Can I get your number?" Bokuto cut her off.

"Me too! Maybe we can meet up and hang out sometime." Kuroo once again used his signature smirk. Kazane giggled again before handing them her phone.

"Go for it. I'll be back in a sec, I need to change." She told them, jogging back into the gym to grab her practice clothes and head to the changing room.

True to her word, she came back a few minutes later. The two boys had multiplied, now a dark haired one and a blonde dyed one next to the two. "Oh wow, you multiplied." Kazane snickered as they looked at her.

"Here's your phone back, gorgeous." Kuroo handed the device back to her.

"So who are these two?" She asked.

"I'm Akaashi," The dark haired boy said, nodding to her. "Nice to meet you."

"I like you." Kazane grinned, causing all of the boy's eyes to widen.

"Huh?! What, why?!" Bokuto demanded.

"He's calm and to the point, unlike you two." Kazane have the two pointed looks, which caused them to deflate as Akaashi chuckled. "So who's that?"

"That's Kenma." Kuroo recovered first, wrapping an arm around his best friend's neck. "Say hi."

"Hi." Kenma didn't even look up, focusing in his game as he shrugged Kuroo off of him.

"Well nice to meet you all." Kazane smiled. "Anyway, try not to beat my little bro too hard will ya Kuroo?"

"Huh?" The captain furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, as did everyone else.

"He goes to Karasuno, said you guys are gonna be having a practice game in a few days." Kazane winked, "Good luck, see ya!" She waved, jogging back into the gym to continue with her practice.

"Bokuto! Akaashi! Come on let's go!" The girl's coach yelled at them, startling them.

"Uuuuhhh, coming!" Bokuto called, his eyes still on the place Kazane had disappeared to. "Man that was hot."

"You said it." Kuroo said, also staring.

"Come on you two, we need to go." Akaashi reminded them, so under his watchful eyes, they left Shiratorizawa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 1 9
*DISCONTINUED* Kageyama x reader Kageyama is the same as always uptight, moody, and socially awkward. Or is that just an act? (Y/n) is an average...
11.5K 586 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...
7.7K 268 57
"Let's play a game." "What kind of game." "It's to see how much we can annoy each other until the other wants to switch rooms." "You're on." This is...
299K 9.1K 67
The Miya brothers became famous in high school. Almost everyone into high school volleyball had heard of their incredible combo. They were a pair to...