Our Sensational Future

By chonisloves

It's been 15 years since Cheryl and Toni have graduated high school and their lives couldn't be better. Two y... More

cast descriptions
a typical day
the trouble with tayleigh
Bonus Chapter- i love you so much evabear
more kids?
the newest editions
meeting the girls
dead mother's daughter
the photo album
what the night brings
the wake
tantrums, tantrums, tantrums
suggestion page
the road trip
i just want this to last forever
the christmas spirit
what christmas means to me
terrible sister?
promises
tayleigh's birthday
"i'm happy i get to be a big brother"
i'm leaving
we do it as a family
wedding bells
goodbyes
characters
the last 3 years
the suprise!
the sorta siblings
"you'll never be alone"
one step closer to home
finally home
catching up- part one
catching up- part 2
taken
the rescue mission
recovery and aftermath
park day
"just simply because i love you"
never want to grow up
together
gotcha day!
a fun lil game
power outages and would you rather
gender reveal!
we can't change the past
bonding time
would you like to be adopted?
jealousy
keep the ones you love close
meet our 3 new kids
despite everything
morning routine
new characters? middle names?
disney trip pt.1
disney trip pt.2
i made an insta account for this book!
disney trip pt.3
disney insta posts pt.1
disney insta posts pt.2
we all cry sometimes
waiting room
noah flynn jones
gifted
easter disaster
all about avani
"i'm the lucky one"
pre nationals
nationals day one pt. 1
important a/n
nationals day two
fights and advice
cheryl's interview
adventures in babysitting
bruno the dog
grace's family tree
the big graduation
forever family
christmas oneshot
SUPRISE

nationals day one pt. 2

366 12 10
By chonisloves

A/n: even though i'm a dancer some of this stuff may not be too accurate i got kinda lazy lmao

this time ev, cora, and viv change out of there costume and into the production costume. they don't perform that dance until much later but they decided to wear it anyway.

grace's first dance of the day is her lyrical group dance. the costume is a beautiful off white dress (seen in insta post below) and the hair piece is a cluster of flowers. grace gets changed into her costume and toni is pinning the headpiece on.

"i think i have to go to the practice room now." grace says and slips her turners on her feet. "ok go ahead." i say and she runs off. ev pulls on my arm and i look down at her. "what are we supposed to do?" ev asks. "go play with the big girls." i say and she goes to sit with gianna. cora is also sitting with amelia.

"mommy i don't want this in my hair!" viv says and tries to take her bun out. "viv no you need that for your next dance." veronica says. "i don't like it!" she whines. "do you want to come outside with me to go see daddy?" ronnie asks her. vivi nods and veronica picks her up. "i'm coming too. i need some air." i say and follow veronica out.

we find all the boys in the lobby but none of the kids who aren't dancing are there. "where's the kids?" i ask. "they went exploring the hotel." fangs says. veronica puts vivi down and she runs to archie.

"what's up?" he asks and she doesn't answer. "she's tired and complaining about her hair." veronica says and archie nods. "when is grace going on?" jughead asks. "probably soon." i say.

not even 10 seconds after that grace's group comes out with there teacher which i guess that means there getting ready to go backstage. i catch up with toni and katie who is holding ev on her hip. we walk downstairs and grace comes over to us.

"good luck gracie!" i say and give her a hug. "we love you and your going to do amazing as always." toni says and she smiles. "thanks! bye!" she says and runs to catch up with her group. we go into the auditorium and sit down.

"coming to the stage now is entry 229 praying." the announcer says and we clap. grace is the first one to come out and start the dance. the whole time i can't help but think how proud i am of her. this is one of my favorite dances grace does because she shows so much emotion. they finish dancing and we all clap and leave the auditorium.

she comes running out and runs into our arms. "you did amazing!" i say. "thank you!" she says. "we're so proud of you kiddo." sweet pea says and fist bumps her. "we have to get ready for your next dance." toni says and we all go back upstairs again.

this time grace has two dances with only one number in between so she has a quick change in the small dressing room closer to the stage. she got changed into her jazz costume which was a waitress costume and she had a menu as a prop. "let's go girls! and don't forget your other costume!" michelle says.

honestly this whole day is getting rushed. that's what dance competitions are like though. especially nationals. i think gianna, emily, amelia, and juniper are getting tired of going back and fourth from the auditorium to the dressing room but there not complaining. there having fun talking amongst themselves and keeping cora and vivi entertained.

evi hasn't left katie's hip since she's gotten off stage. probably because me and cher are both occupied with grace and sometimes she just has her preferences.

we get out of the dressing room again and walk downstairs. lea, ella, and angelica are going backstage this time with grace so they can help here with her quick change. the rest of us go into the auditorium and gets seats.

"coming to the stage now is entry number 187 this is what's on the menu." the announcer says and graces group comes on stage. they dance and basically do everything perfectly as always. we clap when she's done but this time we all wait in the auditorium instead of going out to see her because she has a quick change.

we end up sitting through 2 dances until grace comes on again. "welcome to the stage now this is entry number 190 this is will of oz." the announcer says. in this dance grace gets to be the scarecrow for wizard of oz. it's a musical theater piece so it's really fun to watch it onstage. the group does wonderful of course and we all clap once there done.

we go out of the auditorium and grace comes out with her team. she comes running to us with a big smile on her face. "you did so good. i'm so proud." kevin says and hugs her before we even get to. he pick her up and i give her a high five. "great job gracie." jughad says.

"back to the dressing room!" lizzie says. now it was time for tayleigh, nicolette, lizzie, and juliet to do there dances. they have 3 dances too but there all quick changes which might be stressful for them but there used to it. first was there jazz, then lyrical, then tap. they got there first costume on in the dressing room and then took the two other downstairs with them to put them backstage.

"good luck tay! i love you so much." i say and hug her. "i love you too." she says. "your going to do great." toni says and gives her a hug. "thank you. love you." tayleigh says and let's go of the hug before catching up with her group.

we go into the auditorium and get seats. brandon, liam, mason, dagwood, fred, kayla, luke, layla, and sebi have been sitting in here watching dances for who knows how long. they probably just didn't want to keep getting up and stuff and watching other dances is actually really entertaining.

"can i sit with you?" viv asks me sweetly. "yea sure where's your mom?" i ask. "she's with avani." vivi says and sits on my lap. i feel bad for vivi. she doesn't really understand that avani needs a lot of attention because she's only a baby. and with viv's anger i can imagine archie and veronica are stressed out to the max. they do have lea and fred though who are so great with there siblings and little kids in general.

anyway we wait for tayleigh's group to come on and when they do for there first dance we all clap. the jazz dance was really clean and the group as a whole did great. i loved the costume they were wearing. it was a sliver two piece that looked stunning on all the girls.

there lyrical dance was beautifully done and very well choreographed. it was a little messier then the jazz dance but overall it looked good. in that dance specifically juliet and lizzie were phenomenal. don't get me wrong tay and nicolette did great too but the twins emotion in lyrical is amazing. i even turned to betty and jughead to tell them how good the twins did.

lastly was there tap dance. the sounds were clean and the dance as a whole was really entertaining. i was really proud of all 4 girls. once they finish we leave the auditorium and wait to see them.

they come out but i can see that nicolette is crying and juliet is carrying her on her back. "oh my god nicole are you ok?" mason asks and takes her from juliet. nicolette shakes her head. "she twisted her ankle." tay says.

"in what dance? we didn't even notice." fangs says. "tap." lizzie says. "it hurts so bad!" nicolette cries and i feel so bad. "do you want me to get ice? just say whatever you need nick and we'll get it for you." reggie says trying to comfort her. "yea um ice." she says.

"we'll get it." amelia says and takes junipers hand. "meet us in the dressing room." i say. "ok." juniper says.

now the girls entire team is surrounding nicole even the teachers. "let's just get her to the dressing room and try to sort this all out." one of the teachers says and all the girls go back to the dressing room. the rest of the kids who aren't dancing go back to the lobby or back in the auditorium to watch some dances.

once we get back to the dressing room toni is carrying her in since obviously mason and reggie couldn't come in and amelia went to get ice. she places her on a chair and props her foot up on another chair. all the girls are trying to make her laugh and make her feel better.

"here's some ice!" amelia says coming over. "ok how did you twist it?" her teacher asks. "during the turns. i think i landed the wrong way." nicole says.

while nicole is getting her foot checked out angelica, lea, and ella are getting ready for all of there group dances for the day.

"aunt cheryl." gianna calls me over. she's sitting at a table with emily, viv, cora, and ev is on her lap. i walk over to them. "she wants you." gia says and i pick up ev. she immediately rests her head on my shoulder.

"what's wrong baby?" i ask her. "she's really tired." cora says and i nod. "i need sleep." ev says and dramatically sighs.

"i would bring you back to the hotel room and you could nap or something but we still have to watch your big sisters and you still have your production dance." i say. "ugh." ev says and tilts her head back. "diva." i say and roll my eyes.

"i want sleep too but my mommy doesn't hold me anymore because she's busy with avani." viv says. "vivi don't say that. i'm sure if you ask she'll pick you up." i say. "it's okay. i have emi and gia." she says. "me too!" cora says and i smile.

"mom we're going now." ang says and i nod. "nicole are you staying here?" i ask her. "yea. i want to keep icing it until i have to go on stage again. can you tell my dad that?" she asks. "yea of course. june and amelia can stay with you. right girls?" i ask. "yea that's fine." amelia says.

the rest of us go out of the dressing room and downstairs. i meet reggie and the rest of the boys in the lobby. "nicolette is still in the dressing room with amelia and juniper. she's ok but she wants to keep it iced until the production." i say. "ok thanks for letting me know." reggie says and i nod.

we all go downstairs and get ready to watch. "do you have all your costumes?" i ask ang and ella. "yea. we're just going to put them in the dressing room closest to the stage for quick changes." ella says. "ok good. you guys are gonna crush it out there." toni says and hugs them even if they find it embarrassing. "thanks." ang says. "good luck girls." i say but i can't hug them because i'm still holding ev.

"good luck!" ev says. "give them kisses." toni says. i bend down a little so ev can reach them and she kisses both of them on the cheek. "thanks evi." ella laughs. "ok we gotta go now bye." ang says and they run off.

everyone finds seats in the auditorium and we wait. there group competed jazz, lyrical, contemporary, and tap.

jazz was very hard hitting and i could tell they needed a lot of energy for it. lots of flexibility was used so angelica was featured for a lot of that dance. then contemporary was a really dark and meaningful piece. they definitely sent a message to the audience and i got chills. tap was very clean and fun to watch.

there lyrical dance was my favorite one to watch though. my god it was amazing. it was absolutely breathtaking and even got me crying a little bit. the costumes were these white flowy dresses that looked gorgeous on stage. overall they did so good.

we leave the auditorium and wait for them to come out. when they do there all so excited. kayla, being there best friend, runs to hug all of them. "you guys did so good." toni says. "thank you." lea says.

"one last dance!" juliet says. we go back to the dressing room and the older girls get changed into there production costume. the little kids already had it on. it was kind of funny to see the entire studio in the same costume even though everyone's different ages.

that's one of the things i love about productions. once everyone's done and ready we head downstairs. we say good luck and go to the auditorium for the last time.

"please welcome to the stage now this is let's get loud!" the announcer says. we all scream and clap knowing this is the biggest dance of the entire day.

all production dances are long and different age groups come out at different times in the beginning. then in the middle theres a tumbling section and a turning section. then at the end they all dance together. when they finish in the big ending pose there's about 100 girls on stage which is crazy. it was such a fun dance to watch.

there dance ended up being the last one before awards so they all stayed backstage until the stage was ready for awards.

awards lasted an hour but the end results were:

5 and under 1st place: ev, cora, and viv's jazz group
5 and under 3rd place: ev, cora, and viv's lyrical group
8 and under national grand champions: grace's jazz dance
8 and under 2nd overall: grace's lyrical dance
8 and under 5th overall: grace's musical theater dance
junior small group 1st place: tayleigh, lizzie, juliet, and nicolette's jazz dance
junior small group 4th place: tayleigh, lizzie, juliet, and nicolette's lyrical dance
junior small group 8th place: tayleigh, lizzie, juliet, and nicolette's tap dance
15 and under national grand champions: angelica, ella, and lea's lyrical dance (highest scoring dance of the entire competition)
teen small group 3rd place: angelica, ella, and lea's tap dance
teen small group 4th place: angelica, ella, and lea's contemporary dance
teen small group 6th place: angelica, ella, and lea's jazz dance
the production also won 1st place

by the time awards was over confetti was all over the stage and everyone was going off stage with there trophies. since this is nationals the trophies were absolutely huge and they needed at least 5 people to carry them. all the kids were so happy with there wins for today and just seeing them smile made everything worth it.

we celebrated by going to the restaurant that was in the hotel and the kids were allowed to order as much dessert as they wanted. it was a wonderful ending to a wonderful day. we're all exhausted but excited to do it all again tomorrow.

A/n: in all honesty whose been here from the beginning when i was posting chapters of this fam from when they were all younger? 😂 just wondering

Instas:

@Lea.Andrews

my little comp bud 💗
comments:
@angelica.blossom.topaz- awww
@ella.claire.blossomtopaz- the cutest
@tiny.topaz- this is adorable
@kayla.kelgarty- omg cuties
@emily_cecelia- cuteeee
@juniper_cooper_blossom- love this

@CherylBombshell

i adore watching this girl dance. she makes me so happy when she's on stage doing her thing 🤍
comments:
@tiny.topaz- gracieeeee i love uuuu
@kevin.the.gay- ahhh i love her
@sweet_pea- she's so entertaining!!
@betty1cooper- she killed it today
@ronnie.lodge- yes she absolutely stole the show today

@Betty1Cooper

lately i've been a little preoccupied with a new baby in the house but i'm really trying my best to find time for all my amazing kids. these two+ cora did absolutely amazing today. they love to dance and i loved watching them. keep following your dreams sweet girls!
comments:
@jughead.jones- aw this is too sweet
@archie.andrews- talented beans
@cherylbombshell- they took my breath away. love there dancing so much
@katie.fisher- so proud of them
@fangs.fogarty- love seeing them on that stage

@Angelica.Blossom.Topaz

stretching a bit till i hit the nationals stage! 🤍
comments:
@ella.claire.blossomtopaz- your so amazing ahh
@lea.andrews- yesss
@kayla.kelgarty- how does ur back bend like that
@liam_bt- your insane
@brandon_bt- omg what how
@amelia.mantle- your too talented omggggg

@Tiny.Topaz

tayleigh: i hate my bun in my hair
angelica: i'll take care of it
tayleigh: 😳
comments:
@cherylbomshell- comp weekend got them like
@ronnie.lodge- i'm deadddddd
@kevin.the.gay- ahahah
@angelica.blossom.topaz- omg 💀
@sweet_pea- i'm laughing wow
@jughead.jones- i'm sorry-whatttt

@Ella.Claire.BlossomTopaz

so ready for nationals! 💙
comments:
@kayla.kelgarty- i'm rooting for ya!
@angelica.blossom.topaz- kill it sis
@lea.andrews- yes omg love u
@gia.kelgarty- can't wait to watch u!
@juniper_cooper_blososm- your gonna do great
@liam_bt- yess lil sis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 10.7K 56
Betty... The perfect girl next door. A surfer. A soccer player. A mechanic. A writer. The perfect daughter. The perfect sister. But there is so much...
1.9K 95 26
A family returns to Riverdale after thirteen years. What was their reason for moving back home? Was Riverdale worth returning home to?
1.3K 4 27
Jughead and Veronica have never been interested to each other romantically, but what will happen if they're left alone together? While Archie and Bet...
15.4K 80 38
Life changes within a blink. We don't even realize the consequences of time passing. After seven years the former core-four has to face their past mi...