Re: Who needs a prince when y...

By Mykheihei

Aside from being a typical mundane and boring adult, she had nothing going for her. Except for her vast colle... More

Chapter One: A schemer is born
Chapter Two: The schemer does not want love
Chapter Three: The schemer and the target
Chapter Four: The schemer is in trouble
Chapter Five: The schemer lives for another day
Chapter Six: The schemer's embarrassment, friend and hair
Chapter Seven: The schemer MAY be sent to the guillotine
Chapter Eight: The Schemer's decision
Chapter Nine: The schemer hates shoujo
Chapter Ten: Could the schemer be a glitch?
Chapter Eleven: The Schemer has a mission
Chapter Thirteen: The Schemer is at the academy
Chapter Fourteen: The Schemer in a Dilemma
Chapter Fifteen: The Schemer's observations
Chapter Sixteen: The Schemer goes to shop
Chapter Seventeen: The Schemer, the tangerine and the wolf
Chapter Eighteen: Can a schemer have propriety?
Chapter Nineteen: The schemer, crossroads and Matrix
Chapter Twenty: The schemer on emotions and handkerchiefs
Chapter Twenty-One: Another headache for the schemer
Chapter Twenty-two: There's no such thing as omegaverse in a schemer's mark
Chapter Twenty-Three: For survival, a schemer has to make a deal
Chapter Twenty-four: The schemer as a love guru
Chapter Twenty-five: The schemer on the context of jealousy
Chapter Twenty-six: Could the schemer be in another argument?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The schemer in manipulations and lilies
Chapter Twenty-eight: What does a schemer wear to a soiree?
Chapter Twenty-nine: The schemer should have eaten the croissant
Chapter Thirty: The schemer and the stages of being kidnapped
Chapter Thirty-one: How long before the schemer passes out?
Chapter Thirty-Two: How much is the schemer even worth anyway?
Chapter Thirty-Three: A schemer with a mage that does not lose his light
Chapter Thirty-Four: A schemer at a loss
Chapter Thirty-Five: Offering a hand to the schemer
Chapter Thirty-six: The schemer and interrupted thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Schemer in a momentum of awkwardness
Chapter Thirty-eight: The irrationality of a schemer's environment
Chapter Thirty-nine: A schemer in causality's laws
Chapter Forty: Just a schemer in confusion

Chapter Twelve: The schemer begins

2.5K 120 10
By Mykheihei

I kept on reliving the memories of four year ago. 

"Regard me as your master or else." 

"Ew, are you some sort of a lolicon?" I grunted my nose in disgust.

"No."

"Then what do you mean by becoming my master? That's sick!"

"Frankly, I did not expect you to be one with a perverted mind," He sighed dramatically and shook his head. "But, one cannot judge a book by its cover."

I could not believe how this guy was so eloquent. "You're the perverted one here! Bossing around a frail little girl like me to follow your twisted demands."

"If there's a word to describe you, it would never be frail," he mused. "And twisted? How could you say that? I have not even demanded anything yet."

I opened my mouth to say something but he wagged his index finger at me. "Now, it would be best for you to just comply, right? Above all, I granted you a chance at life, right? Or would you just rather have me cut off your head right now?" He placed his hand  on his sword and was prepared to retrieve it.

I cried in desperation. "NO!" 

He stopped. "No?"

"I mean, please don't kill me, oh wonderful and most amazing Prince Valentin! I will be willing to follow your words as long as they don't overstep my boundaries," I said in defeat.

"Not the answer that I was looking for but that's good enough for now," He beamed at me with his perfect set of  teeth and sat on one of the chairs. "Marcella, do fetch me a glass of water. I am terribly parched from this tedious conversation."

That day was a nightmare. I still cannot believe that I was not actually supposed to be reincarnated in this world. I was a glitch and I was supposed to be exterminated already. I thank the higher deities above for sparing me my life albeit temporarily. After all, I still have a mission to fulfill. 

But above all things, I still cannot believe that I have been tricked to obey that stupid person's commands. Ah~ How tragic is this life?

If it was not clearly established before, I was now twelve years old and apart from that encounter with the said stupid person, things were going smoothly. Jamie, Cedric, Viveca and Matthias constantly visited me until Cedric and Viveca had to start attending the capital's academy for nobility and royalty a year ago. They were a year older than the rest of us so it was a given already. When they stopped frequenting over to our estate, Jamie and Matthias also stopped. Maybe it was because the main reason that they kept coming here was for the prince and since he was already attending the academy, the purpose has already been defeated. Well, that's my theory, at least. Since then, I have not seen those guys for a year. I missed them but I cherished my peaceful lifestyle even more.

Anyway, since I have turned twelve, it was now my time to start attending the academy. I stared at myself in my bedroom mirror and tied my hair up in a ponytail with a red bow. This was my look before going to battle. On this day, the academy's entrance ceremony, will be the start of the actual plot of the game. 

I clenched my fist and determination was in my eyes. Yes, I shall make those capture targets fall in love with the protagonist!

A knock came from outside my bedroom door and I hurried to open it. A smile was formed on my face as I saw my eldest brother, Augustus. He was looking more and more like our father each day. His sandy blonde hair was swept upwards, revealing his neat and handsome face. Since he was the next heir of the von Altheione duchy, he had pinned on his navy blue coat a gold pin with the image of a sword crossed with a daffodil- the family crest. This pin was handed to him a year ago on his graduation from the academy. He is now doing his duties to assist father as that was his responsibility as the next heir. 

Upon seeing me open the door, he flashed a smile and his electric blue eyes showed fondness as well. Ah~ how could this world have such perfect specimens. Thank you to whoever made a mistake and placed my soul in this world.

"Marcella, are you ready?" He inquired.

I nodded fervently. "Yup! Mr. Evondale had my luggage taken to the carriage and Martinique already dressed me up," I twirled in delight as I showed off the new dress gifted to me by our father. It was a yellow one which was a great complement to my indigo hair. In the past four years, Matthias refused to return my hair back to its normal color and I just slowly accepted that.

Augustus patted my head. "Good," he stared at his pocket watch. "Time to go, Marcella."

I held his hand and we descended the stairs. Regardless of the mission that I was about to take, I still could not deny the fact that I was very excited. This was the same feeling that I felt back when I waited outside stores for the release of new horror novels. There were two reasons as to why I was feeling this giddy: (1) The plot of the game would actually start to take place; and (2) I could finally wear whatever I want!

If you can remember, my mother (the female version of the devil himself) was someone who cared so much about appearances. In the years that she stayed in this estate, she did not even look as if she aged a day. She was still as beautiful and as poised as she was before. Her appearance was her greatest asset and she managed to not lose father's favor even after so many years. No new concubines were taken and mother felt smug about that. Even if she could not be the first wife, she was still the one who was currently highly favored by father.  Because of that, she always viewed beauty as a weapon. She intended me to have the same mindset as her, hence, my clothing and style were all dictated by her. With me finally leaving here, I could finally dress in what I want. I will never be wearing anything so frilly ever again. Wait for me, my precious black and white simple clothes!

Father was standing at the house's main entrance and he showed me a smile as I rushed towards him. 

"My little lady has finally grown to be this big, huh?" His words were filled in amusement.

"Oh, father, I can't wait to go to the academy!" I hugged him tightly. "But I will miss you so much."

He kissed the top of my head. "Your father will miss you too," he glanced over at Augustus who was waiting patiently behind me. "Ah, I shouldn't have handed the capital duties to your brother yet. It would've been me escorting you."

Augustus immediately pulled me away from our father's embrace. "It's time for Marcella to go now, father," he announced. "Just behave here."

Father chuckled lightly. "Ah, even my own son is scolding me. How time flies indeed."

"Marcella darling," a sultry voice came from behind father. I looked over and saw that it was my mother, in her auburn-haired glory, wearing a rose red gown and wiping her imaginary tears with a silk handkerchief. If this was the modern world, she would definitely be winning the Oscar's. 

She stepped towards me. "Oh, Marcella. I could not bear to part with you. But since it's for the sake of your future," she bent down and hugged me. To some, it may look as if a mother was being very affectionate with her daughter but in reality, she was just whispering the words she would always remind me over and over again. "You must see to it that you make everyone fall in love with your charms. If a boy falls head over heels with you, he's be willing to do anything for you. Your charms will dictate your future so do not ever embarrass me." She pulled back slowly and kissed my cheek. "Mother will miss you so much."

I nodded at her and looked at her as she went back to her position which was beside father. Two pairs of piercing stares filled with jealousy were aimed towards her- they were from Lady Christine and Lady Rosette, my brothers' mothers. Ah~ A polyamorous relationship really makes everything so complicated. 

Augustus led me to the carriage and I waved my last goodbye to the people of the mansion. I was really going to miss them but, dang- I AM HELLA EXCITED!

"Why are you so excited?" 

A voice said and I stared at the speaker. Disappointment was clearly painted on my face. The speaker was sitting casually on one of the carriage seats with the least bit care in the world.

"Prince Valentin, how generous of you to grace us with your presence," I said monotonously and settled on the seat in front of him.

"I am indeed quite generous, huh?" His voice was smug. "After all, I chose to escort you to the capital. Last year, I did not even escort Viveca!"

I frowned at him. "You did not escort Viveca?"

"She said something about how the crown prince of this kingdom was the only one worthy to escort her," He answered and shrugged. "I could not care less, though. If she marries the prince, you would lose a prospective capture target which means the chances of me killing you will be higher. Also, if they marry, that would be a great win for my own kingdom."

My eyes widened at his words. How could he just say it as if it was nothing?It's a good thing that Augustus was still talking to the coachman outside. I glared at Prince Valentin. "Viveca must be so pitiable that she has you as her brother. Oh poor Viveca. Besides, if they truly love each other, then I won't interfere."

"Even at the cost of your life?"

I pursed my lips and thought for a moment. "Even at the cost of my life."

---

Author's Note:

Hi fellas! Here's another update since I promised you one yesterday. We are finally starting the actual beginning of the game. AHHHHHHHH I AM EXCITED!

What are your thoughts? Are you excited to see the growth of the other characters? Are you excited to meet the protagonist of the game? Will Marcella succeed in her mission? And who the heck is Valentin?

All these will be answered in time. Hopefully, I can update next week. I love y'all. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay hydrated. DRINK LOTS OF WATEEEEER!

If you liked this chapter, make sure to vote and add this to your reading lists. If you like me, follow me (aahahahahaa just kidding). No pressure tho, I don't want to force people into doing something they don't want to (I'm not Valentin, after all). But anyway, see you next time. Support this story! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lovelots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 18.4K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...
59.7K 1.7K 26
Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books. But here's the comical conundrum: I've...
67.8K 3.6K 51
She was a child formed from the union between a highly successful and charming Chinese man and an intelligent and witty black woman. Although this un...
538 52 13
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...