The Promise of Forever

By dreamysoul08

Arranged Marriages are most common in Indian Society...But what comes ahead is a marriage just to fulfil the... More

Prologue
CAST
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
Author's Note
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 30

4.7K 315 106
By dreamysoul08

Vikrant's POV

"Guys can we have some fun time tonight rather than sulking into our beds?" Nidhi questioned us as we all sat in the hall enjoying bowl of ice cream.

"Yup it's been so long and I haven't even seen your wedding album yaar Aaru when are you planning to show me?" Sarthak asked and I couldn't stop chuckling at it because I myself haven't seen my own wedding album yet....though it's gonna be a year in few weeks.

Generally people tell that the first year of marriage passes by in a blink but I swear to god this year was the slowest of my life. Everyday was such a huge task to complete.

"Would you mind if we stayed back tonight?" Arushi whispered asking me if I was ok with it and I really had no problem unless she was by my side.

Mom and Dad went back home and even mumma papa decided to leave the younger ones to themselves so yeah here we are Me Arushi Naina Nidhi Mahima and Sarthak in the backyard watching some videos and photos of our wedding.

Watching all of these all over again feels so nostalgic. It just felt like it was  yesterday when I was on that horse going to marry someone and share my life with her. Some photos were really too cute with Arushi blushing in most of them and me smiling at my blushing baby.

"Bro you were really good at that" Sarthak appreciated my dance performance at the sangeet little did he know how hard it was for me to be really good at that.

After watching all of them and playing cards for a while all of us got really very bored but the Mr. Hyperactive one present here decided to call it off.

"Guys I am bored...Let's just have some fun yaar....what is this like senior citizens you guys are making me play cards." Sarthak said. He was one such 'All the time Active' kind of human I understood that in the past few hours.

"Yeah Yeah....Mr. Lover boy gets bored of everything so easily. I just wonder how he did not get bored of my best friend even in almost past 9 or 10 years." Arushi said rolling her eyes at him. But her words were so confusing. Have these people known each other for so long? I thought Sarthak was some recent discovery here after Mahima's divorce.

"But seriously Bhabhi it's boring...Let's do something else." It was Naina this time who seemed clearly very bored.

"Not going by the stereotype of playing either truth or dare or even passing the pillow lets play something else...Any suggestions?" Nidhi asked and everyone seemed blank.

"Likes Dislikes" I suggested a game that I played with my friends long long long ago.

"Now what's that?" Arushi questioned clearly not understanding what it is.

"Very simple... Everyone has to write their likes and dislikes on chits and one person picks the chit and guesses whose like or dislike it could be. Whoever guesses it wrong gets a punishment from the person whose chit it originally was."

"Sounds Interesting." Mahi exclaimed

"Ok then I'll get some papers"

Once Nidhi was back with the papers all of us wrote our chits and put them in the bowl.

"This one's so easy... I can blindly guess it" Nidhi squealed as she read out the chit that had 'Paneer is my life'. Obviously Arushi it was. Writing about her first love Mr. Paneer.

"Guys there's a fault in this game. I got my own chit yaar." Naina cried out.

"Eww.... Who is that mad person who loves cheesy lines?" Arushi made a disgusted face as she read the chit.

"Sarthak I can only think of you... Mr. Cheesy Cheesy Lover boy."

"Jeez Woman No I know I use a few of them but I don't love them." Ok so my wife gets a punishment now but who is this cheesy lover?

"It was my chit" Mahima said and I couldn't stop laughing at the expression Arushi gave. Wide eyes as though they would pop out any moment.

"Being with this mad man you have gone nuts.... You are not my best friend anymore.... Chee I mean are you for real the same girl who had slapped him for using his cheesy stupid dialogue." So my wife hated cheesy dialogues so much that she was ready to disown her best friend just because she liked those.

"Mujhe yakin hai ke mai sirf isliye janma hoon ki tumse pyaar kar sakun aur tum isliye janmi ho ki ek din meri ban jao( I believe I am born only to fall in love with you and you are born only to become mine)" Sarthak said pinching Mahima's nose and trust me this line was something that was way beyond just cheesy. (The line is a dialogue from the movie Dil Chahta hai.)

"Guys don't start your romance now. Mahi di What's Di's punishment now." Nidhi asked.

"Hmm... So this punishment actually not a punishment but your wish that was thought of 10 years ago but now is the time that you should fulfil it Aaru" Mahi said smirking at her and Arushi's eyes grew wider than they were a while ago.

"No"

"Yes" It was Sarthak this time smirking along with Mahi.

"No guys... please"

"Yes Please" Both of them said in Unison.

"Nidhi go get her guitar."

'Her Guitar?' I never knew my wife plays one.

"You know Jiju this wife of yours is a big Emraan Hashmi Fan." ok so many shocks at once is a little hard to digest.

"Really Bhabhi" Naina exclaimed equally shocked like me.

"Oye mad woman don't talk nonsense it was just because of a song. Naina don't listen to her she has seriously gone haywire with this man" Arushi said pointing at Sarthak.

"O really... then tell me that its a lie that you made us bunk school just because you wanted to watch a Emraan Hashmi movie so desperately and Aunty wouldn't allow us for obvious reason that it was a Emraan Hashmi movie." Sarthak said raising an eyebrow at her and I was seriously dumbfound at what these people were talking. The girl who shy's away so much and keeps blushing almost all the while is an Emraan Hashmi fan. Seriously?

"You know Jiju we were in class 10 when this song from a movie 'Tum Mile' had released. This girl was so much head over heals on that song that everyday after school or in free hours she use to drag us to the music room and torture us by singing that song all the time. Not that she sings bad... you will know how she sings once that guitar arrives but seriously we were grilled like chickens with that song everyday for almost 2 months."

Another shock...my wife could sing as well. WOW.... I really need to play 20 questions with her.

" And whenever we use to complain about having enough of listening to it she use to be like..... 'Just bear with me for a few months or maybe years then I'll find someone who wouldn't get bored of listening to it day and night just for me." Mahima was mimicking her and all of us burst into fits of laughter.

"Guys will you please stop that." Arushi said in a serious tone glaring at all of us but that made us laugh even more.

"That was cute Bhabhi." Naina said while breathing for air between her laughter.

"Here's the guitar." Nidhi said once she was back in the picture.

"Go keep it back no one is using it." Arushi said pressing her lips in a straight line.

" Arre come on yaar Aaru we were just having some fun. Please sing na it's been ages since we have heard you."

"No"

"Please Bhabhi"

"No"

"Please." I whispered in her ear trying to please her because I really wanted to hear her sing. The whole place was awfully silent for a while before everyone jumped in excitement as she agreed to sing.

"For you" she came towards me and whispered in my ear. And hell I could not wait for even a minute more now.

"Please don't laugh at me guys." she said as she was adjusting the chords.

-----
(The song is in the media section please hear to it before going further you will enjoy it better)

Khwaabon bina,
Nigahe meri jee rahin thi
Koi nahin tha yeh akeli meri thi zindagi

(My eyes were living without any dreams
There was no one, my life was lonely)

Khamosh thi
Honthon pe baatein nahin thi
Koi nahin tha yeh akeli
meri thi zindagi

(I was quiet, There were no words to be said
There was no one, my life was lonely)

Tum mile, toh mil gaya yeh jahaan
Tum mile, toh har pal hai naya
Tum mile, toh sabse hai,
Faasla

(When I found you, I found the world
When I found you, moments were new
When I found you, I became far from all)

Tum mile, toh jaadu chaa gaya
Tum mile, toh jeena aa gaya
Tum mile, toh maine paaya,
Hai khuda

(When I found you, there was magic
When I found you, I learned to live
When I found you, I found God)
-----

Still striking the strings of her guitar she lifted her gaze to look at me. I was seriously in Aww of the beauty that was in front of my eyes. I have literally forgotten to blink ever since she has started singing. If this is what she meant by finding someone who would not get bored of listening to her then I am surely up for it. I can hear her and stare at her all day and night.

-----
Tune duaaein suni,
Dil ki sadaaye suni
Tujh se main maangu aur kya

(You heard my prayers
You answered my heart's call
What else I can ask from you)

Tujh bin adhura hu main,
tere sang poora hu main
Karti hun tera shukriya

(I'm incomplete without you
I'm complete with you
I thank you for that)

Kaise kahoon
Kaise kahoon,

(How should I say... How should I say)

Kaise kahoon, lamhe mujhe chu rahe hain
Aisa laga hai inme
tera hi toh ehsaas hain

(How should I say... These moments are touching me
It feels as if your presence is there in them)

Oh ho, kaise kahoon, dil
mein nayi aahatein hain
Aisa laga hain in mein
tera hi toh ehsaas hai

(Oh ho, how should I say,
There are new footsteps in my heart
It feels as if your presence is there in them)

Tum mile, toh mera dil gaya
Tum mile, toh sab kuch mil gaya
Tum mile, toh logon se kya, vaasta haann

(When I found you, I lost my heart
When I found you, I found everything
When I found you, others are nothing)

Tum mile, toh jaadu chaa gaya
Tum mile, toh jeena aa gaya
Tum mile, toh maine paaya,
hai khuda

(When I found you, there was magic
When I found you, I learned to live
When I found you, I found God)
-----

Every word she sang felt like she was pouring her heart out. It was clearly evident in her eyes. Neither did she blink for once nor was I in a mood to leave a glance of her even if it meant for milliseconds.

"Guys blink." I heard Naina as she snapped her finger in front of my eyes.

"So drowned in each other that you couldn't even hear our claps is it?" Mahima said making Arushi blush. And I could not help but smile.

"Look who's turning all red."

"Enough guys stop troubling my wife." I said as Arushi jumped towards me digging her face in my chest hugging me tight.

"Oooooo...oooo" I heard everyone shriek at us.
.
.
.
It was almost 3am when everyone decided to call it a night. Arushi had almost fallen into deep slumber a while ago but these people wouldn't let her sleep so easily.

"Come lets get in." I said as I stood up forwarding my hand towards her.

"I don't want to get up... Sleep here itself na."

"No get up you'll catch cold in this wind. As it is you got wet in rain yesterday."

"Please Vikrant sleep na." she said snuggling into the pillow beside her. She can be such a child at a times but she can't be sleeping here.

I know if I ask her to get up now she won't so I scooped her up in my arms.

"Vikrant...What are you doing?" she screeched. The person who was so sleepy minutes ago was wide awake now.

"Taking my wife to our room you know she is a Emraan Hashmi fan." I winked at her

"Leave me down... I'll kill this Mahi first then its your turn. Leave..." she was wiggling in my arms hitting my chest with those fragile hands that did not even hurt a little.

"Stop screaming first... You dont want to wake your parents right?" I said as I was crossing the hallway.

"By the way I thought doctor's were just into books.... I never knew they could be such good singers also. Why didn't you ever tell me about it?"

"I hate Mahi for this... I had saved it for some special day... She spoiled it all. Huhhh."

"You can make this day special even now." I said as I placed her on the bed and sat beside her.

Arushi's POV

"You can make this day special even now."

"And how is that?" I asked him because I was really pissed at Mahi. I wanted it to be a special day when I sing that song for my special one but she spoiled it all.

"What?" I questioned him again because he was continuously staring at me with a smirk.

Even before I could blink my eyes he pulled me closer and grabbed me tightly by my waist. My face was so close to him that I could feel his cold breathing. I felt the heat growing between us. I felt my breathing going hard and weird sensations running down my spine.

His eyes were getting bigger as he was leaning into my face. A second later his eyes closed and I felt something soft on my lips. It was just a touch between our lips nothing near to a proper kiss. He pulled back and saw through my eyes finding if I objected it but finding nothing he leaned in again placing his lips against mine. It felt so sweet as he moved his lips against mine. A strange feeling but I loved it. His hand was rubbing the nape of my neck. He smiled into the kiss as my hand found it's way into his hair and started tugging onto it.

Damn it was my first kiss... And this day is surely a special one.

•••••••••••••••

For no particular reason I loved writing this chapter the most amongst all the other chapters I have written. I don't know if it's really good or bad but I liked writing it.

I hope you guys liked it as well.

So they just had their first kiss. How many happy dances?

Please vote on this chapter guys I really loved writing it 😍. Can I expect 130 votes atleast? Please.

See you soon with the next update. Until then

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

782K 59.5K 38
Arrange marriage, I hated to even hear about it. But my fate didn't favour me. Being from a conservative family, I was forced into an arranged marri...
589K 37.4K 35
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...
116K 5.4K 36
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...
820K 53.2K 54
• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without the other, they knew they wouldn't surv...