The institution

By Essien_Eno

Ugly events around Ivie Momoh's life made her preoccupied with a revolutionary three point agenda; to get her... More

The institution episode 1
The institution episode 2
The Institution episode 3
The institution episode 4
The institution episode 5
The institution episode 6
The institution episode 7
The institution episode 8
The institution episode 9
The institution episode 10
The institution episode 11
The institution episode 12
The institution episode 13
The institution episode 14
The institution episode 15
The institution episode 16
The institution episode 17
The institution episode 18
The institution episode 19
The institution episode 20
The institution episode 22
The institution episode 23
The institution episode 24
The institution episode 25
The institution episode 26
The institution episode 27
The institution episode 28
The institution episode 29
Thr institution episode 30
The institution episode 31
The institution episode 32
The institution episode 33
The institution episode 34
The institution episode 35
The institution episode 36
The institution episode 37
The institution episode 38
The institution episode 39
The institution episode 40
The institution episode 41 (Final episode)

The institution episode 21

459 130 0
By Essien_Eno

The institution episode 21

****

In the evening, Ade wore a silver halter neck a little above the knee gown while her best friend who works as a make artists brushed some powder on her face.
"You are good to go" Ego smiled putting her powder palette and other make up tools in her make up box.
"Oya transport" she stretched her hands at Ade so she removed five hundred naira from her bag giving it to her then she looked away knowing fully well her friend will complain.
"Shame no go allow you look me for face before" Ego pushed Ade's nose and she laughed.
"Do you want to spoil the make up?"
"How much you pay for am before?" She snapped and Ivie walked in and Ade turned towards her.
"Wow. I almost didn't recognize you"
"Is it too much?"
"You look pretty"
"Thank you"
Ade soon left and Ese walked into the house. "Weird, I just saw someone pretty that looked like Ade" "It was Ade" Ivie answered and Ese opened her mouth in shock.
"What happened?"
"She has a date?"
"Wow... Lucky her" Ese answered and Ivie smiled at her.
"What?" Ese asked and Ivie shrugged, she didn't want to tell her about her plans against Dr. Odogwu  without having it sorted out with the right authority.
She also didn't want to freak her out.

Ade found Ralph sitting at the bar alone then she sat close to him. "Good evening" she greeted and he turned towards her in surprise.
"How... What? Sorry, I'm actually looking for a compliment that won't breach our agreement. Wow.. you look really hot"
"Thanks. I guess I clean up nicely" she answered and they both chuckled.
"Wow"
"When will your friends be here?"
"In twenty minutes or so"
"Then we have twenty minutes to get comfortable so we can look natural" she suggested and he smiled.
"How was your day?" Ade asked and he smiled.
"It was fine, it was just paper business and I had a confrontation with one of the workers who called me gay"
"Really?" she widened her eyes in shock.
"Yes. It's not a new thing, I get called gay every time"
"Why? You don't look gay"
"I talk like a woman for starters and I have a feminine voice and I've had gay men approach me too"
"Seriously?"
"Yes it's that bad" he answered and she chuckled.
"And you, how was your day?"  He asked and she smiled,  "It was fine"
"Seriously?"
"Yes seriously, what? You think because I work as a house help I can't have a fine day" "I'm sorry" he apologized, "That wasn't what I meant. Okay that was what I meant but it wasn't in a bad way"
"I had a fine day, thank you for asking. What do you for fun?" "I write, journalism is a passion but, they make me look unimportant most of the time"
"Apart from work, what do you.di for fun?"
"I watch movies a lot"
"I couldn't just help but think about what you said yesterday about the movie. Do you really watch African magic?"
"Yes. It's something I'm ashame of but, what the hell?"
"Did you really watch My heart beats for Lola on telemundo or you were just joking" "I watched it daily and I even watched the repeat on Saturdays" he answered and she laughed.
"That's unusual and it's kind of interesting"
"And you don't think I'm gay"
"Not at all."
"What your favorite series?" He asked, "Maid in Manhattan"she answered without thinking.
"Why?"
"Cause it gives any househelp hope for the best. Maybe truly someone worthy can look past the fact that I've suffered In life and just be with me for real"
"Oh"
"Yes"
"Ralph Ralph!" Isaac wrapped his hands across Ralph's shoulder. "Stop chatting with girls that out of your league and come over to the table" he pointed at a table.
"What do you mean?" Ade asked, "Sweetie I'm sorry if this guy was bothering you" Isaac continued and she scoffed.
"He wasn't. Actually we came together" she answered and he treated his brow in doubt.
"Seriously?" He turned towards Ralph.
"You probably hired her"
"And who said he did? We're together"
"I don't believe it, weeks ago this guy wasn't even dating" he answered and Add interlocked her fingers into Ralph's fingers,  "Come on baby, let's join the table"
"Yes Mama" he answered and they both walked away leaving, "I called you Baby and the best you could do was Mama"
"That has always been my pet name"
"Why?"
"Because It actually does make sense, when you're like... Sucking..." He hesitated and she rolled her eyes then she chuckled.
"Seriously?"
"Whether I like it, when I get married, my wife would be my Mom, sister and friend. It's a sweet let name" he answered and Ade looked at the two men and three women at the table.
"Evening ladies" Ralph greeted the women, "Evening Ralph" they answered and he went ahead to greet the guys.
Ade greeted everyone at the table. She was obviously the youngest person there. She suddenly became nervous.
"Ralph did you come with your sister?"  Victor asked and Ade almost rolled her eyes.
"Everyone meet Adesuwa ...." He thought of her surname, "Adesuwa my girlfriend" he sat close to her smiling.
"Seriously?"
"I was shocked too" Isaac answered taking his seat.
"Why are you all surprised?" Ralph asked, "Because someone like you doesn't end up with someone as hot as her" he answered.
"Ralph is a wonderful guy" Ade held his hands,  "The guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode" Isaac snapped then Ade kissed him on his lips and he kissed her back.
"Well I love him that way" she placed her hands over his cheek,then she turned back at the men and women. 
"I must apologized for that"
"It's okay" they answered in choruses then Ralph flashed a smile at her.

****

Ralph walked out of the clubhouse smiling. "This is the best Friday night out ever!" He smiled, "Of course, thanks to you" he continued.
"You're welcome. You want my opinion?"
"What?"
"Why do you still keep on being friends with thise jerks, they don't have your interest at heart"
"Because it's gets boring being on my own and if you've met me, I'm a very boring person"
"That's a lie. You're a very interesting person, you just need to be confident about it" "You think so?"
"I know so. You couldn't even speak around them and that's bad. Next time, you should speak with them. These guys are feeding on your fears. I'm pretty sure their lives are pathetic too and they're just looking for a more pathetic individual to bully on"
"Ouch"
"I'm sorry, it's just an observation"
"I've always been pathetic. I don't know how to make advances on women, I've never tried it before. Anytime I try, I screw up so in the University, I paid to lose my virginity" he laughed nervously then he bowed his head in shame.
"I have no idea why I said that. I've just been paying my way with everything. I've never lasted in any relationship, I don't even count those relationships as anything. I always had this way of embarrassing my girlfriends, they don't even introduce me to their friends cause when they do. I always get all nervous and I ruin things"
"I'm sorry about that"
"It's fine. You were perfect, you really didn't act like..."
"Like what? A maid? Sir I have my social life, I have friends to" "I didn't mean it that way, was just expecting you to play the part but not perfectly. It was so believable, did you see Isaac's face?" Ralph laugh.
Ade sighted Isaac coming with his wife then she kissed Ralph all over again and he wrapped his hands around her waist.
"Na wa for this love oh. Make una reach house first" Isaac yelled and the wife laughed.
"We just can't wait"  she answered placing her hands on Ralph's chest.
"Bye guys!" She waved at them then she returned back to kissing him and he kissed her back.
He turned back at them then he laughed again. "Na wa oh. E just be like the guy use jazz" "Maybe the girl just want to fool him small and collect small money. Let's see how long it lasts" his wife answered.
Ade broke the kiss and Ralph smiled. "I have to say the kiss was the most unexpected package of the night, it was actually my favorite package too" he answered and she chuckled.
"Thank you for helping me out, I really appreciate this"
"You're welcome" she answered.

****

Chopper passed by Ziko into Babylon's house; Ziko followed him. Babylon was punching a man in the sitting room, "Sir" Chopper called out, "Any information?" He asked and he looked at the bloody scene.
"Sir .. Ivie Momoh hasn't left the house, except today when she went to the University"
"To do what?"
"I don't know Sir, but It appears as though she went into a lecturer's office"  "Lecturer's office?" He laughed.
"You don't think she's trying to pursue her PHD degree?" He directed to Ziko and he shrugged.
"It might be, I don't know Sir" Ziko answered and Babylon laughed.
"So she doesn't want to poke her nose any longer for real?" He laughed covering his face and Ziko joined in too then he looked at Chopper who was wondering what was funny
Babylon stopped then he continued laughing it. "Oh Ivie Momoh, won't make me laugh. Just like that" he busted into laughter.
"So Sir, should I keep on watching her?"
"For a few days more"
"I might get caught, I know someone in that street and for a while I've been hiding and trying not to get caught"
"If you anyone that recognizes you sees you, do what you were trained to do, kill the fool" he demanded and he nodded.
"Yes Sir"

****

Ralph walked into his verandah, opened his dog's cage then Izzy welcomed him.
"Hello Izzy"  he brushed his hands through it's hair.
After feeding it, he took a shower and returned back to bed. He couldn't stop thinking about every moment at Clem's clubhouse, especially the kiss with Ade; so he called Ade, "Are you home?" he asked and she chuckled.
"Yes. You?"
"I got home a while ago, my house is kind of close so.... I got in a while ago, I fed my dog and..."
"Okay"
"Will you be free one of these days to go on a date with me?" He asked then he shut his head. "I thought you said you couldn't ask girls out"
"I can't believe I'm doing it now" he answered and they both laughed.
"I realized how much I really liked you on this date and I'll be stupid not ask you out for a real date. The two of us"
"Sure. I'll really like that"
"Is that a yes?"
"Yes and good night Ralph"
"Good night dear"

****

The following Monday, Ivie requested a meeting with the HOD and Dean of faculty and she was told to return back the following day and she did.
"The issue of sexual assault in apalling in today's society and if this matter is not arrested immediately, these students will not feel safe" she stated and HOD knowing Ivie very well right from when she was just a student had in mind to talk her into changing her mind.
"Ivie" the HOD called on her, "Prof" she answered, "We will duely investigate the matter and"
"I already had this investigated. With all due respect Sir, I saw this with my two eyes and he even tried to bribe me. Should I play the recording for you to hear?"
"What do you want from us?" The dean of students asked and she smiled.
"Do the right thing"
"Exam is around the corner"
"Find another lecturer to set exams question and take over from him. If possible, let the lecturer call for emergency classes just before the exams. I've seen it happen in my days so let's not pretend it cannot be done"
"Why don't you let us handle this on our own accord"
"You won't do anything. I'm pretty sure it's not the first time the case has been reported but you guys won't do anything cause you're all guilty party in this too and just pray Sir that it doesn't happen to you cause, you might have impacted knowledge In me at a point in time but I won't stand and watch a man sexually assault my sister. It's either you stand with me and let's do this together cause when I take this to the news I will be merciless"
"This is the same behavior that took you to prison Ivie" the HOD snapped and the dean couldn't agree more.
"I thought you said you were coming to make peace" the dean added and she scoffed.
"With the government not the school. Prof, you can say anything you want but you know me; I never bluff. So what do you say?"

The news about Ivie's petition against Dr. Odogwu and his possible suspension hit up the whole Ekehaun Campus.
Students point and stare at Ese as she walked through school halls and parks. She knew they were definitely talking about her.
"Everyone's staring at me like I've done something wrong" Ese rolled her eyes. "Why did she have to... How did she even find out?" She complained to Susan and she simply rolled her eyes at how ungrateful she was.
"Is that the thank you she deserves?"
"Everyone's talking about me, now they'll be giving me that judgy look" "What useless judgy look? You're just being unreasonable admit it! And by the way, I was the one that told her about Dr Odogwu so she can save your sorry ungrateful ass but I guess I shouldn't have" she snapped leaving her alone.
Ese went over to a free class where she picked up her phone playing music on it to get her mind off it. She stucked a earpiece in ears to block out the noise other students were making.

Susan clashed into Uki who wanted to see Ese so they both walked into the classroom.
Ese now had a bottle of Pepsi on the table with biscuits and Sausage roll. Susan sat on the table.
"See enjoyment" she commented and Ese hissed.
"I'm sorry I told your sister but now you're free from that douche" she apologized and Ese rolled her eyes.
"You're right. I'm being ungrateful and I should show a little gratitude at least" she sighed then she waved at Uki.
"Hello. Everyone's looking at me strangely" she complained, "Because they probably wish they had a sister that can kick ass like yours" he answered and Ese chuckled.
"I think it's cool what your sister did"
"What if some lecture gets angry about it and decide to get even on my result?"
"Your sister isn't going anywhere is she?"  Uki asked and Susan grabbed the Pepsi sipping it.
"The same Ivie Momoh that kicks ass will still kick all of their asses" he answered and she laughed.

****

"You cannot be a lecturer and you decided to use that as a medium to exploit and trample upon students. It cannot be allowed," Ivie said on national news while the host couldn't agree more.
"I remember those days in school" she continued and Mrs Momoh shook her head while she watched her on television then she massaged Dode's bare back.
"Ivie is back" Dode muttered and Mrs Momoh scoffed.
"You say that like it's a good thing. This was the same thing that put her into trouble the last time. She'll only create enemies for herself" she complained leaning against his back and then he smiled.
"Leave her, it's her passion"
"You sound like Israel right now" she commented and Dode laughed.
"I hope her passion doesn't get her killed. She's making enemies all over again and I'm scared for her" "These are not enemies, they are small fries, she'll be fine" he assured and she scoffed.
"As long as they can hold a gun to her head, I'm worried"
"You worry all the time dear" "I worry about my children all the time, I'm worried about a lot of things these days. I fear for Ivie and now Ese, she was going through something as serious as this and she didn't even let me know"
"Just talk to her when she comes back today"
"Ese doesn't dive into details. I'm also worried what Ivie might think when she finds out about us" he held her hands and Mrs Momoh nodded.
"I wouldn't have kept this a secret if not for you. Ivie will definitely get angry, I can picture her anger already. Should I tell her?"
"Don't even think of it please." She moved away.
"I don't want her to start thinking maybe I had a hand in her father's death just because I liked his friend. My daughter has a very wild imagination and I don't want to hurt her"

****
0

Ese walked into the house and Ivie who was watching TV in the sitting room turned head at her.
"Hey dear" she greeted and Ese turned to her with a blank look on her face.
"Before you start getting angry" Ivie rose up, "Just know I didn't do it for the fame or anything. I did it for you, because I love you and it's what Daddy would have done too" she answered and Ese pressed a warm hug against her.
Ivie didn't even expect it.
"You're not angry?"
"I was at first, everyone was talking about me being the victim and all but then I realized with the help of friends that you just saved my ass and" she wiped her tears.
"And I've never been more grateful amd I know I've been a bit hectic  since I arrived"can  she busted into more tears and Ivie patted her.
"It's okay. You're safe now dear, he's not going to hurt you and infact, those lecturers should be scared for their life cause if they try any manipulation in your results this semester, I'll take them on" Ivie threatened and she laughed.
"I've missed you sis" she held her tightly shutting her eyes. "I've missed you so much"

****

Ade and Ralph went on their first date in a fancy restaurant. Ade couldn't eat much of the fried rice they ordered because she felt like it needed more salt and the chicken was not properly fried as would have loved it to be.
"It's not bad" Ralph commented and she laughed.
"What do you know?"
"You're not wrong though." He laughed, "As a bachelor, I eat a lot of crap. Like a lot of crap" he continued laughing then he cleared his throat.
"I'm sorry" he apologized afterwards.
"It's okay. How long has it been since you've had Mommy's food?"
"Six or seven months. I stopped visiting Mom because of the obvious reason. She wants me to get married and yeah... That hasn't worked so well. We interact through phones and bank alerts" he chuckled then cleared his throat again.
"I know what you're thinking, I'm a horrible son"
"You're talking weird"
"Because I'm nervous. You don't like the meal and I feel like I've failed at having a good date already and I might not even get another chance"
"Get a grip of yourself Ralph. Are you the last child of the family?"
"Yes"
"Makes sense" she answered and he laughed. "What do you mean by that?"
"Your behavior, are they all girls?"
"Yes and they're married" he answered and she laughed. "Is my behavior irritating?"
"No it's not, it's actually cute" she replied and he smiled.
"How about you and your family?" He asked and she said smiled.
"I am the first child and I have nine siblings" she answered and his eyes widened in surprise.
"N...n..nine?" He stuttered and she observed him for a while.
"Yes. Is there anything bad in it?" "Nine? How old is the smallest?" He asked, "Ten"
"Ten..." He muttered then he rolled his eyes.
"Your mom gave birth to all of them or she's taking care of some people's children" "No. They're all my siblings and why the sudden panick?"
"Nigerian culture. I mean you get married to the girl and you automatically get married to he whole family and did I mention you have to fend for them too?" He asked and she scoffed.
"You're an idiot, I hope you're aware of that" she asked rising up from the chair.
"Thank you for the date you've just managed to ruin and for your information Mister Man, I've been taking care of these children even before I finished secondary school and I'll keep on doing and I don't need anyone's assistant, not even yours"
"Adesuwa I'm sorry" he apologized and she stormed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 28.3K 51
A story of heartbreak, betrayal and bounce backs.
138 0 17
Mumbi Gathua fell in love. She thought she was in love with the right man with whom she'd spend her life with. Her world is shattered once she discov...
328 3 23
(Book is marked mature due to the language used! Also there is some scenes that aren't for all ages... *winky face* Enjoy.) Satsuki Momoi jus...
2.2K 523 30
When we talk about Anais Oku, we use words like academic prodigy, athletic star, and profound genius. There's a single word that can be used to summa...