Collide (X Reader)

By ghost_writer_86

After meeting Tom Holland an undeniable chemistry sparks between the pair of you. But the more you and Tom ha... More

The dream.
At Ace.
An unexpected call
A lost memory.
The world's getting weird now.
An epiphany
A new theory.
Closer.
So it goes...
The past.
Missing Pieces.
Marvel.
A late night.
Spiderman and Scarlet Witch
Gone rogue.
Meeting the Hollands
Back to London.
Taken
Fight or flight.
Back Home.
A beautiful day.
High and Low.
Where and when.
Training Day.
Spidey Senses.
Getting stronger.
What if...
Be all, end all.
Epilogue

From the Shadows.

1K 31 80
By ghost_writer_86

Face crumpling, tears slide down your cheeks as you drive home. The drive back is so much worse now that you know Tom has left Boston. Chest raw and empty you watch as the sun rises, kissing the sky a golden hue as you fly along the freeway. It feels like a mockery of what you feel on the inside, like the sun has set on your happiness forever. Once you reach home, you race to your room and collapse onto your bed in a sobbing heap. What feels like an eternity passes until your bedroom door creaks open, making you look up from your pillows.

" Y/N?" your mom's standing in the doorway her face filled with pity.

You swallow around the lump in your throat, face hot and swollen, eyes raw, "Yeah?"

" Can I come in?"

"Sure," you flop back down onto the pillows.

" Honey... it's okay, he'll be back," your mom sits on the edge of your bed, a reassuring hand rubbing your arm.

Face crumpling, you sit up and your mom wraps you in a hug, holding you for a while as you cry into her shoulder unable to say anything.

Hiccuping, you voice the underlying fear that's dogged you all morning. "What if he doesn't come back? What if he forgets about me and I was just... I don't know, someone he "hooked" up with?"

" Oh honey, he doesn't feel that way about you." Your mom pulls out of the hug and gives you a look, " I saw the way he looked at you at dinner the other night. He adores you. He couldn't keep his eyes off you."

You sniff, " Really?"

"Yes. I know he's a big movie star and all, but he's humble and a good person. A mother always knows these things," Your mom taps her temple with a smile.

" Yeah... I suppose."

" Don't let doubt ruin this for you. He will come back, and if he doesn't... Then he's not the man you thought he was, and you're better off without him."

" I know. But I... I've never felt like this before, about anyone."

" I don't think he has either," Your moms eyes crinkle into a warm smile, and you swallow, looking down at your bed spread, thinking back to all the times you and Tom hung out. You think of the bond you share, the journey with your powers, the laughter and the fact that he actually saved you from Agent Wilson. You smile at your mom, knowing that she's right about Tom and you know that this insecurity was something that you've carried with you because of how your ex treated you. You'd always felt like you were never good enough, which was why you hadn't dated anyone else since him. But Tom changed that, he flipped your world upside down. Tom adores you.

" Thanks mom," you smile.

" It's okay, sweetie," she kisses your forehead and leaves your room.

***

The next day you drag yourself out of bed to go to college. You really don't want to go, instead you want to lie in bed all day crying whilst stuffing your face with snacks. But you put on a brave face, dragging yourself to classes as you try to ignore the empty dark cloud dogging your every move. In an effort to cheer yourself, you keep thinking about Tom coming back, and all the things you guys will do. But it still doesn't chase that dark cloud away because you miss him so much. He's all you can think about.

It's a beautiful sunny day and you're crossing the quadrangle heading to one of your lectures, a cool breeze rustles the dead oak leaves off the concrete, and students walk past talking cheerfully with one another. It feels like the sunny cloudless day and happy students are mocking you with their joy. Frowning, you cross your arms tighter around yourself, and head into the gigantic brick building where your next class will be held.

" Hey!" Your best friend sidles up, their hair windswept, grin faltering as they take in your glowering face.

" Hey," you mumble.

Your friend is silent for a moment, as they take in your somber mood. They sling an arm around your shoulder, a waft of sweet, candy perfume breezing across your face, " You really miss him huh?"

You nod, tears pricking your eyes. Blinking furiously, you focus on the milling students heading to class.

" Did he... break things off or something?"

You sniff, " No, I just miss him a lot... Plus I'm afraid that he might not come back-". Your friends arm slides off your shoulder.

" What did he say? Did he do something to make you think that?" Their eyes widen.

" No... It's just me. I guess I'm a bit insecure about it. I keep thinking of him coming back and us picking up where we left off, but then a part of me keeps thinking, what if he doesn't come back? What if he forgets about me? Or he gets interested in someone else? You know how famous he is... What would he want with me?"

Your friend stops in their tracks, arms crossing in front of them, " Y/N, are you serious right now? You're the most amazing person I know! You're smart, you're hilarious, stronger than anyone I know, and you're stunningly gorgeous- need I go on?"

Shaking your head you look at the ground, a grin breaks across your face, your chest feeling lighter. This is why you love your best friend so much, they're always there for you, no matter what. Your friend smiles along with you. Looking around to make sure no one is eavesdropping, they whisper, " Oh, and not to mention you're freaking Scarlet Witch! How cool is that?"

You roll your eyes, and you both continue walking, " Hardly a reason to date me though."

" Um... yeah it is. You're both superheroes and you discovered your powers together. You guys have this connection, plus you can stop any bad guy you want."

" Yeah, I suppose. Although, I feel kind of useless because the government has said that we can't do anything, or attract any attention," your voice lowers as you cast a furtive look around to make sure no one's listening.

" Hmm... Has Scarlet Witch said anything? When she might be strong enough to leave?"

" Nope, it's been quiet."

Your friend sighs as you both turn the corner and head into the classroom, people bustle through the front door.

" I wonder how many people in our college alone might have superpowers? There's more of them cropping up each day. Like that blond lady from Russia who's on the run from the cops. She can read minds and coat her body with this diamond substance." Your friend takes a seat, the chair squeaking, as you sit down next to them.

" Yeah, I remember seeing that on the news."

" I'm just surprised they haven't got you or Tom trying to catch her. You guys would be the best option to find her, I would think."

You sigh, " Y/BF/N the government doesn't want to cause mass panic, remember? People can be dangerous when they feel cornered, or when they feel their power is threatened. Whose to say the general public won't turn on people like me at the drop of a hat? It's so common for people to be hateful just because someone's different to who they are..."

Your friend sighs, " Yeah I know... The world's so full of pricks it makes me angry. But you could fight them off."

You snort, " I shouldn't have to fight them off, and I don't want to hurt anyone. If I used my powers on a civilian it'd be like using an atomic bomb on a mouse. So I'm just going to do as I'm told and lay low for a while. I can't exactly disobey the government, who knows what they might do."

" True." All the filing students start taking seats, their chatting voices a loud din. The lecturer walks in, a middle aged man with saggy skin and grey hair. The students hush as the lecturer clears his throat beginning the class.

***

The lecturer drones on and you find it hard to pay attention, your thoughts constantly stray to Tom, snagging on his chocolate eyes, his kisses... The day passes in much the same way, you barely pay attention to any of your classes, because all you can think about is Tom.

Finally, it's the end of the day and your mom's driving you home, chatting animatedly. You tune her out, doubt growing in the pit of your stomach. What if Tom doesn't call? You'd checked the time on your phone and knew that Toms plane landed hours ago, so why hasn't he called yet? Swallowing around the lump in your throat you try not to think about it, as your mom pulls up to the house.

" Y/N, Y/N, hellooo earth to Y/N!" your mom's voice surfaces like she's been underwater.

You shake your head, " Sorry mom... What were you saying?"

Your mom sighs, " I asked how your day was and all I got was a blank stare out the window... Penny for your thoughts?"

You shrug, gathering your bag, and opening the car door, " There's not much to say," your head drops as you walk towards the front door.

Your mother sighs and your hear her heels clacking behind you on the pathway, " Is this about Tom, Y/N?"

" No, I'm just tired. I'm going to have a nap," you lie, opening the front door.

Turning you see your moms lips purse, and you know that she knows you're lying. Sighing you head to your room, dragging your bag. Shutting the door you turn on the light, and flop onto your bed.

You close your eyes, hopelessness rising like a dark wave. I guess Tom didn't really like me as much as he said he did.

Suddenly, your phone rings in your jeans pocket. Bolting upright, you fish it out with fumbling fingers.

It's Tom, skyping you.

A smile breaks across your face, like the sun beaming through the clouds after a storm, " Hey!"

" Hey, yourself," Tom answers a grin on his face, there's dark circles under his eyes, his face droopy with fatigue. He's in a modern looking kitchen, with aluminium appliances, cream walls and light wood fixtures. He walks around a marble bench.

" Say Hi to Y/N guys," He turns the camera and it faces Harry and Harrison who are both sitting on a creamy couch in the lounge room, the TV blaring in the back ground. They both smile, yelling greetings at you, and Tom turns the camera back onto him. Huge windows that face a lawn, stand behind him and you can see it's night time already in London.

" Sorry I didn't call earlier, I waited till you were finished at college because I didn't want to interrupt you. How was your day?"

You stare at him like an idiot, a goofy grin on your lips, all the doubt disappearing like a puff of smoke, " My day was okay. How was your flight? You look a bit tired."

Tom sighs, " Yeah, I haven't slept yet. Planes are too noisy. I'll probably head to bed soon, I'm that beat- Oi down Tess!" Tom looks down, the camera shifts to a cute grey staffy, tongue lolling out her mouth in a grin as she jumps up Toms sweatpants.

" Aw she's cute," you grin, wishing you had a pet as well.

" She's my little girl," Tom says fondly, patting Tess's head.

The camera moves again, and the TV becomes more quiet as Tom moves down a hall and then into a room, the door squeaks shut behind him.

" Is this your room?" You ask.

" Yup," He turns the camera so you can get a good look. There's a wall with shelves filled with Marvel memorabilia, and a bed along one wall with pristine white sheets and light grey patterned pillows. There's a pale wood bedside table, and the floors have cream carpeting.

Tom turns the camera back to him, and flops onto his bed, " Is it weird that I already miss you?" He asks.

Warmth caresses your cheeks, " No, is it weird that I miss you too?"

Tom smiles, his warm brown eyes crinkling, " No... I wish you here. I think you'd like London."

" I think I would too... What would you do if I was in London with you right now?"

Tom smirks, " Well, we'd be on my bed. I'd be holding you tight and kissing you-"

Your cheeks flame and your stomach flips as you smile, " Well, besides that," you chuckle.

" Hmm, it's pretty late at the moment, so I would've taken you out to dinner already. Then the next day I'd give you a tour of London taking you where ever you want to go."

" Sounds good," you smile.

For a moment you just grin at each other, breaking the silence you say," You know I kind of thought you weren't going to call me..." your cheeks flare with more heat.

Tom sits up, a confused look on his face, " Why?"

You sigh, " I don't know... I kept thinking, like what if you forgot about me. Or I was just a fling and you didn't like me that much... You're so successful and famous Tom, you can have anyone you want, why would you want m-"

" No! I would never think that. I would never think of you as a fling. I'm not that kind of guy, anyway. I'm a relationship kind of guy, and I really like you... Who cares about fame? It doesn't change who I am on the inside. I've always been this guy, I've always been me. And of course I want you, we've been through so much. You're a bad ass, you're smart, and funny, and hot." Tom smirks. " So it's no wonder I adore you."

You smile, your heart swelling with joy, " I adore you too."

***

Every day since then passes by in a blur of college, your job as a barista on the weekends and talking to Tom everyday through Skype. Agent Wilson is still missing, and crime has risen because more people are getting powers. A woman from Scotland woke up to find her skin blue with the ability to shape shift into anyone she wished. Another was a man who turned into a big, green raging monster that ravaged down town Sydney, plus many more. Throughout the week you and Tom discuss these people who are still on the run from their governments, and the rise in crime.

Now, it's a Saturday afternoon and you lie, sprawling on your bed. The sun dips below the horizon from your window, casting an orange glow in your room. It's the end of the first week since Tom returned to London and you are Skyping each other.

" God, I really miss you," Tom says.

" I miss you too, when will you come back?"

" In a weeks time. I can't wait to see you," Toms grin lights up the screen.

" I can't wait to see you too," you smile back.

Tom lifts his hand and takes a sip of his beer. He's outside in his backyard, under a clear starry night, sitting at a glass set of tables and chairs. You can see Harrison in the background, flipping sausages on a barbecue, a beer in his hand. Music plays in the background and Tuwaine, Harry and Sam are chatting loudly. The camera shifts in Toms hand, and you see the many empty bottles of beer on the table. Harry and Tuwaine laugh at Sam as he tries to wipe his mouth, beer dribbling down his shirt. You chuckle at the sight, and Tom does too.

Footsteps pound down the hall and your best friend bursts through your door." Y/BF/N don't you ever knock?" you raise a brow, throwing a pillow at them.

" Hey! I told you I was going to be here at 5... Is that what you're wearing to the bar tonight? Sweatpants and a hoodie? I thought you'd be ready by now," your best friend huffs, putting their hands on their hips.

You roll your eyes.

" Is that Y/BF/N?" Tom asks.

You nod.

" Hey! Y/BF/N!" Tom yells, you turn the phone so it faces your best friend.

" Hey Tom, what's up?" Your best friend smiles and waves.

" Just having a few with the boys," Tom turns the camera onto Harrison who waves with tongs in his hand, and Sam, Harry and Tuwaine who all wave at your best friend.

" Well, I hate to interrupt but I need to steal Y/N because we're going to Home bar with Alice and Tash, and she was supposed to be ready by now," your friend shoots you a mock glare.

You sigh, " Alright, alright," You look back at your phone, " Well I better jet, but I'll talk to you tomorrow."

" Okay," Tom smiles, " Don't do anything I wouldn't do," he says with a cheeky wink and smile.

" You mean drink myself stupid? Hmm maybe," you chuckle.

Tom pretends to be offended by gasping and clutching his chest, " I never get drunk, isn't that right Harrison?"

Harrison snorts in the background, " I think you're drunk right now, ya div."

Tom laughs, then turns back to you, " Alright, then I'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a fun night Y/N," he smiles at you.

You grin back at him, " You too." Hanging up, a goofy smile graces your lips. Your best friend picks up the pillow you've thrown at them and pegs it back at you, smacking you in the face.

" Hey!"

" Get ready! We can't be late."

" Is this because Noel might be going?" you smirk, brushing a wayward strand of hair off your cheek.

Your best friends cheeks flush red, and they cross their arms over their body, glaring at you.

" Okay fine, I'll get ready. I don't know why you're so cagey about Noel. I'm your best friend, and I've told you some crazy stuff about me from the past week," You grumble, stretching your arms overhead.

Your best friend looks down, fidgeting with their hands. " Fine," they sigh, " I've been cagey because, I know that you won't like him... And I know I shouldn't like him, but I really do."

" Why won't I like him?"

" Because... He says he loves me, but he doesn't want a girlfriend right now. He says he's not ready for a relationship just yet, because of how things ended with him and Ella."

" Then why say he loves you if he's not ready to commit?"

" I don't know."

" How do you feel about him? Do you love him?"

" Yes! I've never felt this way about anyone. We have the same interests, he's an excellent photographer, he's so smart and witty, and GOD he's so hot," Your friend starts pacing, a dreamy, love struck grin on their face.

You wrinkle your nose, you don't know why but there's always been something about Noel that you never liked. Sure he was attractive with his tanned skin, blue eyes and dark hair, but there was always something sly about him that you couldn't quiet put your finger on.

" But he won't commit to you? Is he seeing other people or something?"

At that your friend turns an even darker shade of crimson, looking down at the floor.

" Y/BF/N! Please don't tell me, he's seeing other people after he's said that he loves you?" You stand up, shooting your best friend a look.

" Well... I don't know! A couple of days ago, Alice said she saw him with Ella and they were making out at this cafe and I confronted him about it and he said that Alice was lying..."

" Why would Alice lie about that?"

Your best friend shrugs.

You shake your head, and sigh, " It sounds like Noel's the one who's lying. If he loved you Y/BF/N he would make you his girlfriend, instead of keeping his options open."

" I know, but maybe he'll see that I'm the one and commit eventually."

You shoot your friend a look filled with pity, " I don't think he will, and if you have to fight for commitment, then he's not the one."

Your best friends jaw clenches, " It's not always perfect with love you know. Not all of us can bag Tom Holland."

You snort, " Yeah, well, you remember what my ex was like and all the things you said to me about him... I'm just repeating what you told me, and Noel reminds me of my ex, and deep down you know that I'm right." You shoot them a pointed look.

Your friend looks down, with a sigh, " I can't help how I feel."

You rub their arm, " I know. I was in your place once. But know that there'll come a time when you'll get sick of his crap, and that will change how you feel about him because you'll realize you deserve better."

Your friend looks away, unable to meet your gaze.

" Okay, well, guess I'll get ready then." You make your way to the bathroom, as your best friend flops onto your bed, deep in thought.

***

A couple of hours later you're at Home bar, music thumping so loudly it vibrates through you. A kaleidoscope of lights flicker over the crowd of dancing bodies, and the sour smell of spilled alcohol clashes with body odor as sweaty people jostle around you. The air's humid, and perspiration dots your forehead as you make your way to the bar for the third round of drinks. A light buzz settles over you making you feel light, warm, and giggly. Hopping into the long line, you look behind you with a smile. Tasha, Alice and Y/BF/N are dancing on the floor. Alice's silvery dress glints in the light as she spins, Tash curls over laughing, her bright blue hair standing out even from where you are. You can see Y/BF/N downing the last of their drink.

A tall, burly guy carrying a tray of drinks bumps into your shoulder causing you to stumble. Cold, sweet smelling liquid spills down your arm. " Shit! I'm so sorry!" he yells over the music, steadying you and the drinks in one motion.

" It's fine," you give him a tense smile, trying to wipe the drink off with your bare hand. Great, that's going to be sticky if I don't wash it off. He doesn't hear you, already maneuvering his way through the crowd to a group of rowdy people. You roll your eyes.

When you finally get to the bar, you get four strawberry daiquiris, something refreshing and cold to combat the heat of the club. Turning around you follow the electric blue of Tasha's hair and see that your friends are sitting in a dark corner of the club. You make your way, dodging past dancing bodies, past two guys making out, and a group of people huddled together yelling over the music. Finally you get to the table, putting the tray of drinks down.

" Hell yeah, daiquiris!" Tash cheers, grabbing a glass she hands one to Alice, who gives her a smile and a peck on the cheek. Y/BF/N eagerly grabs her glass and takes a sip. You take the last glass, and relish the icy, strawberry drink. The burn of alcohol leaves a trail down your throat, and you sit next to your best friend. " I see Noel hasn't turned up," you yell over the music, giving them a pointed look, and taking another sip of your drink.

Their lips purse and they shrug, unable to look you in the eye.

" If he can't commit to you, then you shouldn't commit to him, just sayin."

Your best friend glares at you.

" Is this about Noel? He's such a jerk! He knows I caught him out the other day. That's why he hasn't turned up-He's not worth it, babe!" Alice yells over the music, placing a hand on your best friends arm.

" He sounds like a fuckwit," Tash echoes.

Y/BF/N shoulders droop, knowing that you and Alice speak the truth. Your best friend puts down their drink, " He hasn't even replied to my messages. I've been asking him when he's getting here and he hasn't even bothered to text back!" Your friend rummages through their bag, brandishing their phone. It glows as they open their messages. Alice, Tash and you lean forward. You see all the messages and calls going out to Noel, with no replies from him. What a jerk. Your friend puts their phone back in their bag, their mouth drooping.

" Okay, forget about him! He's made his point clear. If he stands you up and doesn't even give enough of a damn to send you a text. Then he's not worth your time. Let's forget about him for now and have a good time." You wrap your arms around your best friend, and they lean their head on your shoulder. Alice and Tash, wrap their arms around you in a group hug. With a sniff and a laugh, your best friend agrees to have a good time tonight with no mention of Noel.

Ten minutes later you're all on the dance floor, jumping around, dancing and having a good time, while other people, bump and jostle you. After a while of dancing up a storm, you're all a laughing, sweaty mess. The dance floor is so hot it's almost suffocating. You tell your friends you want to step outside for a bit of fresh air, they nod and say they'll be at the bar when you get back. Making your way through the throng of people, your phone vibrates in the pocket of your jeans. A smile crosses your lips when you see it's from Tom;

I miss you, I wish you were lying here with me.

You bite your lip, wishing you could be in Toms bed with him as well. Despite the distance, you'd both grown closer through your daily conversations. Ever since he left you'd been thinking of his return to Boston, and you desperately want to take your relationship with him to the next level. You type out a text to him;

I miss you too, I wish I was as well...

Pocketing your phone, you exit the bar, music and laughter following. The cold night air hits you like a punch, and you pass by a girl out the front of the bar, teetering on her heels, a cigarette in her mouth. The smoke billows over your face as you walk past, you wave it away wrinkling your nose. You round the corner down a dark alleyway for a little bit of peace, away from the heat, the noise and the people.

You sigh, breath misting as you lean against a brick wall. Goosebumps prick along your arms, from the chill and the stars twinkle above you. You stay there a moment, relishing the peace.

The clatter of something falling makes your head whip towards the alleyway, pushing off from the wall, you squint into the shadows, from the direction of the noise, " Hello? Is anyone there?" you step forward, staring into the dark void. A rattling sound echoes down the alleyway, like metal hitting concrete. Did someone knock over a trash can?

" Hello?" you call again, walking in the direction of the sound. After a beat you stare into the darkness, unable to see anything. Must be a raccoon. With a shrug you turn to leave ,when an icy prickle races down your neck, making you halt.

You turn around to find a tall statuesque woman with blond hair stepping out from the alleyway, a coy grin on her lips." Hello to you too," She answers inside your mind.

Eyes widening, the chaos magic bolts down your arms, like scarlet lightning. Unending pain rips through your mind, causing the chaos magic to crackle then die. With a scream you collapse to your knees, clutching your head, it feels like a knife is inside your skull. You glare at the blond woman, her body cocooning in a sparkly diamond armor, her pale blue eyes narrow in concentration as she glares at you. It's the Russian woman from the news. What is she doing to me? Why is she here? Agent Wilson emerges from the shadows, a malicious smirk on his lips, behind him floats a metal trashcan, garbage trailing like breadcrumbs.

" Hello again," he murmurs. Flicking his fingers the trashcan hurtles towards you, crashing into your head. Neck ripping to the side, you tumble, hitting the ground hard. Pain explodes along your skull and neck, your arms and legs stinging from the impact. Your vision's blurry as you try to lift your head, watching them approach you.

" She's fighting me," the woman says through clenched teeth.

A hiss of pain, erupts from your lips as you try to call the chaos magic one more time, but a wave of dizziness makes you flop onto your side. Your eyes flutter, your limbs heavy like they're underwater. Agent Wilson and the woman reach you just as you close your eyes, darkness dragging you under. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 642 18
Wanda Maximoff and Peter Parker have been dating for so long, that people are getting jealous or unsupportive of their love. Everyday their life is p...
381K 8.2K 35
In which Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man) and the reader have insane, funny, sad, and happy situations together.
6.9K 150 62
If you have a request send it in the comments. Requests are open for these characters. Tony Stark Peter Parker (Tom Holland or Andrew Garfield) Th...
419 68 24
Used to her quite life in Queens, Diana's life takes an unexpected turn when she enters a world she only knew as the MCU. Suddenly surrounded by supe...