Training Day.

Hand in hand both of you go down to the foyer of the hotel and wait for the valet to bring the car around. While you wait on the comfy lounges, various people check in as jazz music plays quietly over the speakers. The down lights reflect off the polished art deco tiles, creating a warm glow that adds to the ambience of the hotel. Tom wraps an arm around your shoulders and you lean into his chest, his familiar cologne curling around you.

Breaking the comfy silence Tom suggests," Hey, while we wait you should try and read my mind." You shift, glancing up at him, then at the two wives checking in on a romantic getaway at the reception desk, " Uhh... I don't know. What if someone sees the chaos magic?"

Tom shrugs, " Well isn't that the whole point of training? It'll be even riskier at the mall with more people. Trying to conceal your powers, whilst taking them to a whole new level at the same time will help you get stronger in the long run. But if the energy shows through I'll warn you. I can say a safe word."

Your eyes dart to the floor as you mull it over, " Yeah I guess you're right"-you sigh-"Okay I'll do it, but you better warn me the minute you see chaos magic. What's the safe word going to be?"

"Tessa."

" Aw, cute," you grin, thinking of the grey little staffy. Tom smiles back and kisses your forehead, " You ready to do this?"

" Yes, I'll go sit over there," you point to the lounge opposite Tom and he leans back as you get up and plop down opposite him.

You stare at him, his lips twitching as he fights a laugh, " Stop it!" You giggle, " I can't concentrate if you're going to laugh in my face." Tom presses his lips together in a mock stern expression and you shake your head with a smile on your lips.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, the various scents of the hotel pricking your nostrils. You narrow your concentration, picking apart each scent; pine antiseptic, sweet jasmine in a vase at the reception desk, citrus perfume from one of the wives at the counter. You exhale, shoulders relaxing, your mind clear as you reach out to the chaos magic. For once you don't grab it in a panic like you've usually done. This time you reach out, beckoning it gently and it comes as a soft wave bathing you in warm scarlet energy. You can feel it charging your cells on the inside and you know it's contained there, not exploding out of your skin like it normally does. You're in control. You wade through the energy, its force is like a gentle pool, guiding you to Tom's mind. You breathe in, then out as you step into Tom's head. You see yourself through Toms eyes and a strange sensation flickers in your gut as you watch yourself with your eyes closed, seated opposite Tom. There's not even a flicker of scarlet energy to be seen and Tom begins to wonder whether it's even working.

It is, you answer in Toms mind and he jumps, heart racing.

Holy shit! You're in my head?

Yes. Through Toms eyes you see yourself grin in your chair. Pride bursts in his chest as he watches you, followed by adoration. A smile stretches his lips and the pride is replaced by an overwhelming emotion, it's so warm and consuming that Tom's breath catches in his throat. It's love. He loves you so much.

The onslaught of emotion is so much that you're flicked back into your body like an overstretched elastic band. Your eyes fling open and you gasp as some of Tom's lingering emotions follow you back. Your heart's pounding as you look at Tom and see the love reflected there on his face, in turn it makes your heart burst and you race over clasping his face in your hands and kiss him, " I love you," you whisper against his lips.

"I love you too," he murmurs.

" I know, I could feel it when I was in your mind..."

" Really?" Toms cheeks turn red.