Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Désolée

3.1K 183 227
By smolestkohai

--we made 1k!!! y'all are giving me life, i swear. i'll have to make a 1k special 🤔. i made a spotify playlist if y'all ever want to hear what i'm vibing to when i write this thing > https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp < i'll be updating as the chapters progress. link will also be in the description. as always, i love y'all and thanks so much for reading 💖💖--

A dimly lit ballroom with soft piano music echoing over the idle chatter of its inhabitants. A cliche scene pulled straight from a low budget film, complete with the Eiffel Tower brightly lit in the distance. Except this film had scattered heroes among the suits and evening gowns. "Dude, just go say something!" An auburn haired man rolled his eyes hard. "Dave, no." All Might shook it off and turned towards the floor to ceiling window, the skyline flickering its yellows in the late evening. "Why? You keep staring. Might as well shoot your shot." Dave ran a hand through his hair. "She's coming this way."

"What?" All Might's eyes caught sight of her reflection as she crossed the room. Shit. "Good luck." Dave turned on his heel. "Dave, wait. No-"

"Bonsoir." 

Tall and fair, with hair that tickled her hips and moved in waves as she walked. If you could call it walking, there was no seam in her stride, she glided across the floor. A mouth that sat in a permanent smirk and eyes that made every light a twinkling star in their cobalt sky. 

"Bonsoir."

"Tu dois être timide." She said just before sipping from her glass of champagne. "Oh, I don't..." All Might spoke in English, giving an apologetic look. "You do not speak français?"

"It's very poor." He tried to laugh. "Hm, perhaps then, you'll let me teach you." Clearly, she was no stranger to flirting. "You have an accent. Tell me, where are you from?"

"I'm from Japan." His hand set on his chest as he spoke. "And your..." she eyed his costume, "name?"

"All Might." The blonde answered. "Well, All Might: the hero from Japan, care to explain why you've been watching me for half the night?"

"I! I apologize. Y-"

"Don't apologize, I'm not angry." She giggled, he pinched the bridge of his nose trying to find the words. 

"Tu...Parce que vous êtes beau." He brought his hand down. "Belle." She corrected softly, her smile remained. "Belle..." All Might nodded. "Thank you."

"Thank you." She grinned. 

"I didn't catch your name."

"I never threw it." She teased. "I am Bianca."

----------

"Shit." It drizzled lightly, but just enough to form a few puddles outside of Bianca's residence and of course she just had to step in one. At least it wasn't deep, she only suffered a splashed ankle as she approached the black vehicle waiting for her. The sound of the engine humming low disappearing as she got in. "Hi." Her voice was soft. 

"Hi."

The patter of rain and rhythmic swipe of the wiper blades, and her quiet directions weren't enough to cut the thick tension. "I-"

"Please don't. Not now."

-----------

"Why do I have to wear a blindfold?" Bianca laughed as All Might tied the fabric not too tight behind her head. "Because it's a surprise." He grabbed her hands, guiding her on a short journey. Around a few corners, on and off an elevator, just to do the same when they stepped off. The faint jingling of keys as they came to a halt for just a moment so he could open a door. "This way. Careful." His hands gripped tighter. "Step higher, just a bit."

"Where are we?" She asked now inside of this mystery place. "You'll see in a second." He let go of her to close the door behind them and turn on a few lights. "Ready?" All Might began to untie the blindfold. "I've been ready this whole time." It slid down the bridge of her nose. "What?" Bianca's eyes fluttered open, scanning the furnished apartment. "Since you said you wanted to live together," The hero started, "I thought I-"

"It's amazing!" Her face lit up.

--------------

"You'll have to park somewhere over there." A slim finger pointed to a nearby parking lot. It was empty save for a few scattered cars. He simply nodded and turned to park the vehicle. The rain picked up, All Might stepped out and went for the umbrella that rested in the back. "I'm fine." Bianca got out quickly. "It's this way."

Following behind, he opened the umbrella above her anyway.

---------------

"What?" She forced a sob back down her throat. 

"I can't. I will not retire, not now."

"But, but you said you wanted a family. I'm about to give everything up for us."

"I'm not asking you to give everything up. I'd never make you choose between your career and me. I want a family, yes, but not now."

--------------

They came up to a gray building, lit with purple and lined with foliage. What flowers were there had long shed their petals, the little specks of blue scattered around the surrounding area. "It's not as lively as I thought it would be." Bianca's voice just barely above a whisper as she stopped walking to look the place over. "You wanted a crowd?" All Might asked. "I...You enjoy yourself around fans, you look so happy. I don't remember the last time I saw you smile genuinely...at least at me."

-------------

"Where are you going?!" She tried in vain to block him from grabbing his things. A bag already packed on his shoulders and suits lied gingerly over his forearm. "I'm leaving." He slid past her out of the room, eyes refusing to meet hers. "Why?!" She was hot on his trail to the door, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I'll wait!" She screeched, his hand set on the handle. "Will that make you stay?!" She wiped forcefully at her wet face. "I'll stop! I'll stop trying to make you choose!" Her pleas hit his back. "The apartment's yours."

------------

"What is this place?" All Might asked, stepping in behind Bianca. "It's more of a restaurant than a karaoke bar." She answered looking around, spotting a familiar face behind the bar. "Welcome in!" The bartender smiled. "Hm?" A man's head popped up from a reclined position. His eyes widened as he stood quickly and shot over. "All Might, sir, you humble me with your visit." He bowed low. Deja vu, right? "Please, allow me to seat you." He snapped up. "Lead the way." All Might gave his signature grin.

-------------

Stepping on bruised toes, Bianca entered her dark home after an uncomfortably long flight. She sighed and tossed her keys on the table as she headed to her room. Sleep now, shower later. All movement froze when her gaze caught the bed. A body already there, a mess of blond hair barely visible at the headboard.

------------

"Is this alright? You can sit anywhere, really. I-"

"Here is fine, thank you." Bianca tried to smile while they sat. "Ah, well. I'm Koji." He bowed again, much softer this time. "Welcome to my business. I'll grab you some menus and return shortly."

"Thank you." The hero nodded. "I'm going to the restroom." Bianca stood as Koji left.

"Tauros, can you make them something nice, but not too flashy? And could you tell Bon to make a sampler?" Koji said to the bartender while he grabbed two menus. "Can do." He nodded and made a beeline for the kitchen. Turning on his heel, he went back to the new occupants.

Occupant. There was one missing when he made it back. "Here you are." Koji set the little booklets down. "What brings you here, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked. "Just trying something new." All Might answered. "Ah, then maybe..." Koji rocked on the balls of his feet, snapping as the thought came to him. "Why don't we have you serenaded?" All Might's eyebrows furrowed. "I don't think-"

"By our new girl, our Siren. She doesn't disappoint." Koji pushed. The blonde's eyes traveled to the empty seat across from him. "Why not?"

"Excellent." Koji grinned and headed back to the bar, Tauros resurfacing from the kitchen. "Where is she?" He asked quietly, grabbing a glass bowl, filled with tiny folded paper. "Up top." Tauros pointed with his thumb. "Thanks." Koji moved closer to the staircase. "Siren? My Siren!"

"Yes?"

"You have a serenade!" Koji replied. 

"What song?"

"He hasn't chosen yet."

"Alright, I'm coming down."

The serenade, something Gum came up with one evening, was meant to heighten audience engagement. Random songs were written down and tossed into the bowl every few days. The patron chose their serenade by blindly digging around and pulling a slip. It may be silly, it may be sexy, fun or aggressive.

Koji brought the bowl over to the hero. "Pick your poison." Might eyed the bowl, digging in and pulling out a smaller piece, he unfolded it. "Come Along." He read out loud. "Oh that's one of her favorites, you're in for a treat."

"Well guys, it's been fun." You pushed up carefully on to your skates. "But I've got to go work for my money now." You rolled over and on to the elevator, coming down next to the bar. "Come Along." Koji said walking up. "Let's gooooo!" You gave the air victorious punches. "Woah there!" Tauros laughed and dramatically dodged. "Where are they?" You asked Koji. "Over there." He nodded in the direction. HA! Why couldn't Cherry see this! "Oh shit!" You laughed, seeing the back of Might's head, his bangs standing high as always. "Oh shit is right, kiddo. Go show off."

"I guess I have to." You quickly adjusted your shorts and thigh high socks before rolling over. Tapping the shoulder farthest from you, you swallowed your laugh watching him fall for the old trick. "Hey, you." You smiled as he turned and saw you. "Hello, Siren." Might returned it. "You found me." Koji moved silently behind you, setting two drinks down, on either side of the table, and disappeared. Oh? You looked at the layered slush with no owner, and then the menu to its right. "Oh?" Your eyes met, a smirk spread deviously wide across your face. "So-"

"You've dyed your hair." Might clasped his hands together on the table's surface, leaning forward just a bit. "Aht aht aht! Redirecting is my thing." You set a hand on your chest. "That shade of purple suits you." He continued. "Really? You're just gonna-"

"How long did that take?" Might asked. 

Wow. "Not long, you should let me do yours." You poked the ends of one of his bangs. "Then we'll match."

"I'll have to think about that for a while."

"Three to five business days? Is that fair?" You giggled. "Very. What times are you available?"

"Eight to six on weekdays, any time on the weekends."

"Hello?"

"Hm?" Your head snapped in the direction of that voice. "Oh, hey!" You smiled fully, noticing her eyes shoot between the two of you. "Bianca, right?" She nodded slightly. "Siren?"

"That's what they call me." You shrugged, watching her sit. "I haven't seen you since last week. I guess everything's going wel- '' 

OH. OH NO.

 A shaking hand lightly covered your mouth as your smile hit the floor. OH NO. You looked back at Might, his wall up and higher than ever, and then back to Bianca. Your heart was thumping in your ears and a heat washed over you while you tried to hide your frown and sympathetic gaze. "I..." What words you would say were hitched in your throat. I can't do this. "What was that Tauros!?" You turned to shout at the bar tender, voice cracking. He read 'HELP ME' all over your face. "I said Bonhomie needs a hand in the kitchen." You mentally gave the world's largest sigh of relief. "Oh, okay!" With a quick glance at the two you pointed with your thumb. "I uh...yeah." You pushed off into a speedy glide, shooting through the kitchen doors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...
99.1K 1.9K 6
[ 𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦! 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗔 𝗫 𝗙𝗘𝗠! 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 , 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ] ❝...
19.1K 1K 32
"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘬𝘴." "𝘚𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢...
289K 10.9K 50
Toshinori Yagi. Pro hero, Symbol of Peace, #1 Hero...passionate husband. After years of hiding your relationship from the public because of the reign...