The institution

By Essien_Eno

Ugly events around Ivie Momoh's life made her preoccupied with a revolutionary three point agenda; to get her... More

The institution episode 1
The institution episode 2
The Institution episode 3
The institution episode 4
The institution episode 5
The institution episode 6
The institution episode 7
The institution episode 8
The institution episode 9
The institution episode 10
The institution episode 11
The institution episode 12
The institution episode 13
The institution episode 14
The institution episode 15
The institution episode 17
The institution episode 18
The institution episode 19
The institution episode 20
The institution episode 21
The institution episode 22
The institution episode 23
The institution episode 24
The institution episode 25
The institution episode 26
The institution episode 27
The institution episode 28
The institution episode 29
Thr institution episode 30
The institution episode 31
The institution episode 32
The institution episode 33
The institution episode 34
The institution episode 35
The institution episode 36
The institution episode 37
The institution episode 38
The institution episode 39
The institution episode 40
The institution episode 41 (Final episode)

The institution episode 16

483 135 0
By Essien_Eno

The Institution - Episode 16

26th of March 2011

Ben Oscar drove over to the Momoh's house. Mrs Momoh opened up and she almost rolled her eyes in disappointment. It was who emshe expected to see. She had been waiting for Ivie to visit.
She wondered why Ben would visit after a long time but she invariably guess that it had to be about Ivie.
"Good morning Ruth"
"Morning Ben" she answered then she let him in.
"Accept my condolences once again on Isreal's death"
"Thank you"
"Is Ivie home?" "No, why are you asking? You do know she's married" "I learnt the marriage was a bit shaky so I thought she would be here"
"She's not... Why are you asking about her? You haven't asked after her in years"
"You do know that's not true, even Isreal knew I asked of that young woman every chance I get . You can ask Dode too" he added then he saw Dode seated in the sitting room.
"Talk about the devil. I called your secretary, she said you weren't around so I decided to pay her a visit" he pointed at Mrs Momoh.
"And I'm pretty sure you didn't come for condolences alone and I'm pretty sure you didn't come to discuss burial matters either" Dode snapped, not ready to beat about the bush and Ben rolled his eyes.
"You do know I cared about Isreal like a brother would. Fine, we had our differences but he was still my friend"
"Why don't you go straight to the point Ben and going around in circles"
"Am I that transparent? Seriously? Okay. Can I at least have a seat?" He asked and Mrs Momoh scoffed.
"Don't be silly" Dode answered and Ben sat looking at her. "I came concerning Ivie," he replied and Mrs Momoh sniggered.
Just as she guessed!
"I've had more visits from your party members more than I have of my late husband's own. What do you all want me to do? To kill myself? My daughter doesn't even pick my calls anymore, she doesn't want to listen to anyone. She's bent on doing what she wants and quite honestly, I'm tired of trying. She's stubborn"
"I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree, does it?" Ben chuckled then be cleared his throat.
"This thing Ivie is doing is dividing people's thoughts towards the governor. If Ivie continues on this obsession of hers, it might not work well for her"
"Is that a threat?"
"No! It's not a threat dear, going against the governor himself, she can be charged for sedition and she'll have to stay a year or more. You have to talk to her"
"She's not picking up our calls and mom doesn't want to go over to her house" fourteen years ago Ese who had been listening in to the discussion answered from behind and Ben glanced at Dode.
"I don't want anything happening to my sister" she added.

****

"Okay spill" Dode answered after they walked out of the house. "What?" Ben asked, "I know you have more to say"
"Let's move far away from ears first. Ivie is biting more than she can chew"
"Say a word that sounds like a threat again and I'll punch a tooth out of your mouth"
"Babylon is suggesting they kill Ivie"
"That idiot will never stop acting rash! If he lays a single hand on my God daughter, I'll kill him personally" "Calm down"
"Don't tell me to calm down! Cause I'll personally kill him with my bare hands. Imagine how the state will be managed with the likes of Babylon!" "No one will be killing Ivie, that I promise you. I'm looking into talking to Samuel but Ivie has to act like she's backing down. It will be better she does this in secret. Samuel is really scared of her and he's willing to accept whatever means to get her out of the way"
"Ivie is stubborn, it's like her pregnancy hormone is making it worst. She's convinced her father was murdered, how true is that?" He asked and Ben stalled.
Dode scoffed then he held Ben's shirt pinning him down to his car.
"You just folded your hands and watched them kill your own friend"
Ben's driver came out to defend him but Ben raised his finger up.
"Stay back!" He ordered and the driver did.
"I wasn't until days ago I found out about it. That was what I wanted to talk to you about. I'm in full support of Ivie contesting the election results. I'm only being two faced"
"Like you always have"
"Call it whatever you want to, I call it deflection, I go where I feel is right for me and right now, I don't even want to be in the same room with Babylon much less the same party. I'm trying gather facts and when I do, I'll make Ivie win in court and maybe I'll make Isreal proud wherever he is; heaven or hell"
"Why don''t you tell Ruth?"
"I can't cause women talk a lot. Can you believe the daughter was even listening to our discussion? We can't let things like this spill. We have to do this carefully"

**** Now ****

Ivie entered into her room blushing, heat spread across her cheeks as she thought of the kiss. Mrs Momoh entered and she tried to maintain her cool.
"How was work?" She asked and I've smiled, "It was fine, thank you Mom"
"Your dinner is the kitchen"
"Thanks Mom. I'll eat later"
"Good night dear"
"Good night" Ivie answered and Mrs Momoh closed the door leaving Ivie to her excitement.
She was acting like a little girl, she sighed moving towards the mirror. "It was just a simple kiss Ivie, just a simple kiss and nothing more. Get your heads out of that cloud, you're still getting to know him." She exhaled one more time.
Shade knocked the following morning, "Wakie, Wakie! It's your best friend" she yelled and Ivie dragged her feet to open the door and she let her in.
"Shade I'm screwed"
"Why?"
"I think I like him"
"You're not screwed Ivie, love is a beautiful thing"
"Have you forgotten my plans?"
"You just have to let go of the plan and believe he's harmless."
"Is it normal to feel this way over a kiss, it's been barely two weeks"
"No it's not. It's not, that was why I married the one man that made me feel that way and I'll marry him over and over again if I'm being given a chance. Didn't you feel this way about Daniel?"
"Truthfully, I didn't. I took three months before I kissed him because I was playing hard to get. Remember I waited a year before I actually lost my virginity to him? That's why it been scaring the crap out of me. With Liam, I'm playing hard to get when in the real sense, my defenses are so down"
"Sounds serious"
"I know, I want to do the only logical thing and just leave the job but it'll make me look immature and I still haven't found out what I need to about him." "The kids and i will be going out to have fun later in the day. You can take a day off, call in sick and go out with us to get your mind off some things"
"I'm fine. I'll be fine, I'll go to work and I'll act like the professional that I am"
"I hate that part of you" Shade far contorted in irritation and Ivie rolled her eyes.
"What's your advice?"
"Give this guy a break and see where this leads to and I think you should see the therapist too"
"I know. Thank you Shade, for everything. I really can't stop thanking you" Ivie appreciated and Shade suddenly felt sad.
"What?"
"If I don't do it Ivie, who will? I owe you that much for everything you've done for me, right from when my parents relocated from Ijebu-Ode. You've been there for me and I'm just trying to be there for you too so next time you thank me, I might have to punch you on the face" she answered and Ivie laughed.
***
Ese sat by the pool in thought and Mutey held her by the shoulder almost pushing her in. "Jeez!" She yelled hitting Mutey on his arm.
"What are you ten?" She asked and he chuckled.
"Are you angry already?" He asked, "I'm sorry" he added leaving.
"I wasn't angry Mutey!"
"It seemed like you were"
"I wasn't. I'm just going through a lot and I was thinking of how to sort it out"
"And you're probably thinking of drowning yourself in a pool? You might want to jump into something big like a river?" He asked and she chuckled.
"Thank you very much for your wonderful advice Mutey" she answered and he chuckled too.
"You look sucidal"
"Trust me, I'm this close"
"Wanna talk?" He asked and she shook her head.
"Hey, I know we haven't really spoken for a long while but you can tell me anything"
"What happened to us? We used to be so close" Ese asked and Mutey scoffed, "You grew up"
"No." Ese shook her head, "It was after Big sis left, you started distancing yourself"
"After I got admitted Into the university and you weren't, you started getting angry at every slightest thing. Mom didn't let you go off to a private University, you've been angry ever since. I couldn't even joke with you any longer; It was like you were always on your period and it got weird. I just thought you needed a time out and I gave you that space"
"I'm sorry. I've been accused to saying things I don't mean. I'm sorry if I've made you angry and I'm sorry for anything I might say next that might insulting" she apologized in advance and he laughed.
"Do you still want to talk?" He sat on the edge of the pool with her and she shook her head.
"No. So you're dating Elsie now" she shoved him with her shoulder and he laughed.
"We had a quarrel"
"So fast? What did you do?"
"I freaked out when I found out she's a virgin" "You don't want to date her because you want sex right?"
"I like Elsie, I've like her since...." He paused, "I'm just scared, I don't want to cheat like Dad did and I get ladies attention like every freaking day. It'll break my heart if I hurt her feelings"
"I believe if you truly love her, you won't cheat. Easier said than done, I cheated last night on Efe, for the first time, I kissed someone that isn't my boyfriend and I'm angry at myself because I liked it and because I didn't tell him I had a boyfriend still"
"Do you like him?"
"I just met the guy, he's likable. He listens to you, he advises you. He's really determined and he's nice too" she smiled.
"I'm just really angry"
"That you cheated or the fact that you might like him"
"Did I mention that I'm engaged to Efe?"
"Efe's a douchebag"
"Aren't all guys?" She snapped and he chuckled.
"I'm a better douche you know why? When I act like a douche I'm aware of it and I try to apologize. Efe doesn't even know he's a douche, that's the worst kind of douchebag"
"He's going to be your brother In law very soon"
"At least you have time to think of your choices before the wedding day" he answered rising up.
"Let's talk'
"I have a girlfriend to get to. Later Ese"

26th of March 2011

News reached Ivie that Doctor Osawon who was supposed to testify to her father being poisoned had been released from police custody.
"Just turn on the local TV and see what that man is saying" Ralph announced on phone and Ivie quickly turned on the TV then she tuned to the TV station.
"As I was saying, Dr. Isreal died of natural causes and not of poisoning as Mrs Ivie assumed"
Ivie squeezed her fist angrily, She called the deputy superintendent but he bluntly refused to pick up her calls.

****

"They paid oga to set him free." Officer Faruq, one of Ivie's eyes In the police station confessed to her when he stopped by at her office.
"I think that's quite obvious Officer Faruq, what is it you want to tell me?"
"Madam.... I don't think this is a war you can win, why can't you surrender and just let the whole thing go?"
"I think you've overstayed your welcome Officer, you know where the door is"
"Ma"
"Please leave" she ordered firmly and he did.
Shade walked in afterwards. "What's Faruq doing in your office?"
"Can you believe he told me to give up"
"He might not be wrong about it" she answered and Ivie glared at her.
"Whether you want to listen or not. This is a dangerous game and you're playing with fire. This guy has already been made the Governor of the state already and as much as he might have entered through crooked means as other Governor in other states, it's part of the system"
"Shade please"
"Okay whatever! I just came to tell you I found out something" "What?"
"Remember Solomon, the media campaign manager? He likes me, I mean he likes me despite the fact he knows that I'm married to George and he wants us to meet up do things"
"Iew!"
"Same thing I said within. I figured out, maybe if I play along... I can get something"
"Shade... I don't want to put you in that kind of situation where you'll have to cheat"
"That's just gross! Me? I wasn't planning on sleeping with him. I just want to play with his feelings. I spoke to George about it"
"And?"
"He's worried no doubt, he said I should take good care of myself and I shouldn't get caught but i'm doing this for my best friend so what the hell?" She answered and Ivie smiled.
"What will I do without you?"
"Nothing"
"What have I done to deserve a friend like you?"
"You're more than a friend Ivie, you're my sister and I'll stick my hands on a blade for you"
"Thank you. Daniel sent me the divorce papers"
"Are you signing it?"
"Hell no! When I put Samuel behind bars, he'll come around" she answered and Shade went behind her wrapping her hands around her shoulder.
"I'm sorry"

****Now****

Ivie walked into Liam's office with all manner of seriousness she was determined to set things straight with him.
"Good morning Babe" he greeted with a smile.
"Good morning Sir, I believe that should be Ivie and not Babe"
"Uh..... Okay I'm lost here. I thought we're dating" he whispered and she shook her head that she cleared get throat.
"No"
"Of course you are. This is me saying we have to play by ethics"
"Oh you mean act like we're not dating in front of the officials and then play cuddle when we're indoor. I don't care what anyone thinks"
"We're not dating"
"Yesterday..."
".... Was a mistake" she finished his sentence breaking Liam's heart.
"I refuse to believe it, I felt it and I know you did too"
"Well I feel nothing and....." She stalled, she was obviously lying. "I thought so too" he answered and she rolled her eyes.
"I have a mission here and Liam I'm trying not to get hurt and I'm trying to put my life back in order"
"I want to help you with that. You can talk to me"
"Thank you, but already booked an appointment with the therapist" she snapped and he wondered why she would need a therapist.
"I never knew you had to see a therapist"
"My meeting with her begins next week, I'll be meeting her twice a week, 10-11"
"Is this a way of asking for permission?" He asked and she shrugged.
"Are you okay? You can always talk to me" he stood up moving close to her and she moved back in fear of kissing him again.
"The last time I checked, you don't have a degree in psychology" "I don't but you can always talk to me" he moved closer and she shook her head.
"I'm sorry Sir, I have to get back to work" Ivie left the office then she exhaled shutting her eyes.

****

Elsie opened the door and Mutey entered smiling at her. "I know you're mourning but I think you have to cheer up. That's why I'm here"
"Thank you very much"
"Is your sister around?"
"No, why?" She asked and Mutey kissed her on the lips and she kissed him back then he stopped looking into her eyes.
"Good morning" he greeted and she smiled.
"Okay I've been rehearsing this speech but I wanted this burial thing to blow over before I speak to you"
"It hasn't blown over yet"
"When you told me you were a virgin, I freaked out because I was scared. Because I'm wasn't ready to be subjected to a celibate life and I love sex, I really really do and I don't want to cheat too" he moved close to her.
"I understand Mutey, we can break up if you want"
"Elsie I'm willing to give this a shot, let's be celibate together" he proposed and she smiled kissing him on the lips and he held her above her waist.

5th of April, 2011

Shade massaged Solomon's shoulder and he m*aned pleasurably to it. "How do you do this so well?" He asked, "Years of practice"
"Is this what that your husband gets to enjoy everyday? I want to enjoy more" his hands wandered blindly to touch Shade and he gripped the fabric of her gown and she frowned.
She was getting irritated already.
"You have no idea how long I've dreamt of this moment. How long I've pictured you in bed with me, how long I've masturbated to your pictures" he answered and she almost puked.
"I want you to relax dear and just let me take good care of you" She answered and Solomon grinned.
"I want to feel you Shade, I want to get in there and show you I'm a better man than that your husband"
"What's the rush?"
"When will you let me in now? I've been knocking for too long" he answered and Shade grimaced in disgust.
"You'll get what you want soon" she poked him on the nose playfully and he laughed.
Solomon soon fell asleep on his bed and Shade stealthily searched his drawers for documents by couldn't find anything.
She opened his laptop, turned it on, it needed a password and she turned back at him wondering what his password will be.
After two wrong trials, what finally worked was her name. "What the?" She turned her back at him again.
"Pervert!" She whispered then she began rummaging through his files. She saw some NDP classified files so she had it transferred to her phone.
She turned towards his phone then she picked it up looking into it. Then he saw an outgoing message hours ago giving permission to have Ekhator murdered.
"Jesus" she muttered turning back at him in fear; he was still in bed.
There was no other messages except bank alert messages, it was only logical to have other messages deleted.
Shade turned back but Solomon was no longer in bed. "Looking for me?" He pointed a gun at her and she stood up raising her hands in fear, "Solomon" she called out and her heart beat in fear.
"Who sent you? Ivie? You're working for her right? You're working with the opposition against your own party"
"I'm not in support of any party. Solomon we can talk this out without the gun, you're making me nervous"
"Did you.... Wait... So all you just did now... Was it planned"
"Yes. Do you think I'll cheat on George? No! I love my husband too much to cheat on him" she snapped then he pointed at his laptop which was still on.
"I see you went snooping around my laptop. How did you get the password"
"No one asked you to use my name"
"Because I like you Shade, what don't you understand there?"
"And what don't you understand about the fact that I'm married" "What did you find out?"
"Ekhator" Shade muttered, "He had it coming"
"Why because he asked for a little money to cover up your deceit" she snapped and he scoffed.
"You were the one listening to our discussion the other day right?" "I don't have anything against you. Just let me go and I'll pretend I didn't see anything. I'm good at pretending" Shade proposed and Solomon scoffed.
"See the mess your friend has gotten you into? She's not going to win this war, I hope you know"
"Ivie is a winner and Solomon you're a good person, you shouldn't hold guns against people"
"I'm not a good person Shade stop trying to kiss my ass. My job is to save the image of the party and your dirty tricks will not ruin it for me; no it won't!"
He picked up his phone calling Babylon. "Sir we have a situation" "What has that Ivie girl done again"
"She sent her friend to snoop around and I have her here" "Did she see anything"
"I don't know Sir"
"Kill her!"
"Kill her? Sir, I think we could use this to our advantage. We could use her to finalize plan B" he answered and Babylon smirked.
"That's brilliant, let me make some calls" Babylon answered and Solomon gazed at her.
"I'd rather have you kill me than make me betray my own friend. Do you think I'm stupid? Solomon if you have bullets in that gun, I'll advise you start pulling the trigger cause I will not and I repeat, I will not betray my best friend"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106 10 9
Things would have been better if I hadn't remarried but stayed single. It happened when I was thirteen. A man had forced himself on me and impregnate...
360 77 14
An empire and a company comes together to get stronger. But by what means??? . The sound of her favourite music track woke her up. though not willin...
11.3K 1.9K 40
Three years down the line and Kendra still can't find any reason that pulled her into a marriage that was now crumbling. With every impact of Connor'...
1.9K 388 18
*** Only three things are certain in life: death, injustice and love. Umma had drilled this into Amina's head from the day she was born. One couldn't...