The institution

Oleh Essien_Eno

Ugly events around Ivie Momoh's life made her preoccupied with a revolutionary three point agenda; to get her... Lebih Banyak

The institution episode 1
The institution episode 2
The Institution episode 3
The institution episode 4
The institution episode 5
The institution episode 6
The institution episode 7
The institution episode 8
The institution episode 9
The institution episode 10
The institution episode 11
The institution episode 12
The institution episode 13
The institution episode 15
The institution episode 16
The institution episode 17
The institution episode 18
The institution episode 19
The institution episode 20
The institution episode 21
The institution episode 22
The institution episode 23
The institution episode 24
The institution episode 25
The institution episode 26
The institution episode 27
The institution episode 28
The institution episode 29
Thr institution episode 30
The institution episode 31
The institution episode 32
The institution episode 33
The institution episode 34
The institution episode 35
The institution episode 36
The institution episode 37
The institution episode 38
The institution episode 39
The institution episode 40
The institution episode 41 (Final episode)

The institution episode 14

481 126 2
Oleh Essien_Eno

The Institution - Episode 14

****

Ivie watched one of the newscasters give a live news and she smiled. UD passed some Trance Fm annual report magazine to her as she had requested and Ivie smiled looking at it.
At June 12 general market for students in University of Benin, Ese entered into one of the photocopying shed. It was congested and it reeked of sweat so she quickly got out as a result of the thick stench.
"Ese Momoh?" Uki called out and she turned towards him smiling. "Hey!" She smiled, "What are you doing here?"
"I need to type and submit this assignment before the close of the day . We're supposed to submit it individually by three"
"When were you given the assignment?"
"Today. Apparently it's our second test and he called it a mini project and I'm even yet to write up something about it."
"Can I help out?" He asked, after a bit hesitation, she agreed and they both went into a bacha tent where Uki spoke to the owner was a friend then they both settled on a spot with his laptop.
"So what do you want to write on?"
"I don't know, I was thinking of..." She brought out her phone looking at it her topic of interest.
"Newspaper readers-perception on campaigns for the eradication of corruption nigeria"
"Um.... "Good topic. What do you have?" "I saved some pages and documents. I'll send it to you"
"How about you use something fresh. This is a relatable topic, I can even relate to it"
"There's no time"
"I remember a certain woman establishing a particular newspaper to tackle corruption here in Benin" he chipped in and she chuckled.
"I really don't want to write about my sister"
"Why? She's a legend"
"You guys should stop thinking of her that way! You're encouraging her. What she did was wrong"
"What's wrong about revolution? Every vitriolic government deserves revolution and that was what your sister tried to do." He answered.
"What do you have against what she did?"
"Every man should he loyal to the government. That was what I grew up learning"
"That's a big lie from the pit of hell, no girl is even loyal to their boyfriends" he answered and she chuckled.
"I'm serious. Take this example, imagine you're getting married to a man you didn't know was a beast. A day to your wedding, he hits you hard, what do you do?"
"I'll kill him! No one should ever lay their hands on women, I'll sue him to court, I'll take him to social media, I'll ruin his career"
"That was probably how your sister felt about Samuel Godwin? A beast who was about to be married to the whole affairs of our state. She decided to stop him"
"By plotting to kill him"
"Do you actually believe she did that?" He asked and she scoffed. "I... I..." She stammered, "She's not even my sister but I believe she didn't do it"
"I don't think Samuel's a bad person" she answered and he smiled.
"Well everyone's entitled to their opinion until they finally open their eyes to the truth" "And what's that truth"
"Newspaper readers-perception on campaigns for the eradication of corruption nigeria. Let's get on to it then" he chipped in and she sighed.
"I know I should be on my sister's side but where's the proof"
"Let's use another Paper then"
"We can stick with the institution, I'm fine by it"
"Okay" he smiled and he began typing based on his idea.
"What are you doing?"
"Helping you out" "It's my assignment"
"It won't be a first time helping people out with assignments. It's one of my many jobs"

****

Ivie did a little light observation between 2016 and 2015 report so she did a report sheet on what she expects in the year 2019 and beyond. A call came in from Ralph, and she picked up.
"Hey I'm busy, you might want to make it fast. Do you have any information that I might need?"
"I just got out of the bank from blocking my credit card and no information though. I'm just having this awkward feeling"
"How awkward? You finally saw a man you like?" She asked and he laughed sarcastically.
"Very funny Ivie" he answered and she laughed.
"What is it?"
"Okay... After you left and Adesuwa came in with my shirt, I was in the bathroom"
"She didn't see you naked did she?"
"Not all of it" he answered and Ivie shut her eyes. "I didn't know that I didn't tie the towel well and it wasn't my penis" "Don't say penis, don't ever say penis"
"Okay it wasn't my phallus, it was my back side. But it's the same for everyone right? Male back side, female backside"
"Poor Ade!"
"Poor Ade? I'm the victim here, she saw me naked" he answered and she chuckled.
"Okay why are you telling me?" "Can you help me apologize to her? I feel bad about it"
"That's so convenient. Let me think of it, I'll just say, hello Ade, Ralph said I should apologize to you for seeing his ass; thank you very much but I'll pass" she answered and Ralph hissed.
"Is that a no?"
"It's a big No" she answered.
On her way to Liam's office to give him the sheet, she noticed two men and a woman leave his office.
She entered and he sighed.
"Someone looks stressed" "I could use a massage"
"I would have given you if my hands weren't filled" she waved the books in her hands and he smiled. "You would have?"
"No!" She answered and he chuckled.
"Who were those people?"
"Sponsors. They came to sign a deal with the radio station" "Have you agreed?"
"I've gone through the papers" he answered, "And?" She asked dropping the books then she picked up the documents to read it.
"I'm just going to scan through it" "You can keep it, I went through it last week. I haven't made my decision yet, my heart doesn't want me to work with them; I don't like the deal. Yusuf is a friend and we're really close and he wants me to accept but...."
"For a barrister you seem undecided. I'll help you go through it"
"Thank you. What are you here for?"
"I came here to show you a report sheet on what I've noticed answered what I think should be done" she passed it to him and he opened it laughing.
"You can always say it with your mouth"
"I love being professional"
"I really don't feel like reading anything. I might not read it, just tell me"
"There's no way I'm making the work easy for you. Read it!" "I see you're reading our annual report"
"Yes I am, I just needed to compare somethings"
"What about the date?" He asked and she smiled.
"You haven't really said anything about it, since you proposed a second date, you've been quiet about it" she sighed and he chuckled.
"I was actually asking about the date on the report. The year"
"Oh" Ivie paused shutting her eyes.
"Can you just imagine that i never said that?"
"I can't cause you just did"
"It's 2016 and 2017 report"
"Were you really thinking of the second date?" "What part of can we imagine I never said this didn't you get?" She asked and he smiled.
"Are you free tonight?" He asked, Ivie cleared her throat.
"No. I just started blending with my siblings. We'll be having dinner tonight" "Have you actually planned it is you're just thinking of it"
"I just thought of it"
"Sounds like a good idea, let me know when you're free for a second date"
"Sure. I'll .... I'll leave now" she walked out and he chuckled.

****

Susan stopped by later at the bacha tent where Else and Uki was. She lets out a loud hissed but Ese's eyes were focused on her phone so Susan hissed again to get her attention.
"Someone is hissing and you cannot even notice"
"Okay" she dropped her phone.
"You've finally gotten my attention, what is it?"
"You won't believe what happened in that common room. I left the moment that woman changed it from African magic to zee world" she answered and Ese laughed.
"So that's the Important thing I'm supposed to listen to?" She laughed again returning back to her phone.
"The movie reminded me of my relationship with Elvis, I just wanted to know if it's the right thing to tell him to wash his boxers once in a while" she answered and Uki turned to her.
"Hi" she waved.
"Is the hot guy that's helping you out?" She asked and Ese cleared her throat. "I believe he can still hear you" she answered and Uki laughed now typing on his laptop.
"Print out that one!" He yelled at a guy and he nodded.
"I'm Susan, Ese's best friend. Three hundred level, theater art" she stretched her hands at him and he held it softly.
"Uki Benson, Final year, political science" "I envy you"
"Why?"
"You're about to leave this school" "The outside world is a lot more scary" "You're just as good looking as Ese described" she answered and Ese rolled her eyes.
"Suz, you're saying it as if he's not standing here"
"If I was dating he would have been a second choice" she said under her teeth and Ese rolled her eyes again. "He can still hear you"
"What?" Susan asked and Ese covered her face in shame. "I'm sorry about that, Susan is a talkative" she answered and Susan laughed.
Uki left then she glared at her. "What?" "You might start putting ideas into his head"
"And you'll tell him you're dating. I'm not wrong, he's fine and look at those ass." "What's wrong with Elvis' ass"
"Nothing is wrong with Elvis' ass, the sex is even good. If only the dude can clean up!"
Uki came back passing the print outs to Ese smiling. "Who am I supposed to pay to?" "You don't have to worry about it"
"Why?"
"Cause i already took care of it." "Why would you do that" "The guy said he already took care of it, what's your business why he did it?" Susan snapped and Ese folded her hands.
Susan does make a point, she exhaled.
"I guess she loves money shaming people" Uki answered and Susan chuckled.
"I don't. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I don't money shame, if the word exists. I don't like when people who don't have try to sacrifice the little they have"
"Ouch" Susan answered.
"I was going to say the same"
"I'm sorry about Ese, well she has a problem of saying meaningless things even when she doesn't mean it" Susan explained and Uki smiled.
"I think I'm getting used to it"
"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry"
"It's just photocopies" He smiled and she shrugged.
"I'm sorry about the way I spoke to you at the house the other day too. Just like she said, I don't think before speaking; I guess it's a family thing" she answered and he laughed.
"Are you free on Friday evening? We can go watch a movie or something" he suggested and she shrugged.
"I have this poetry thing on Friday"
"At the auditorium right? A friend invited me too"
"Exactly. So I can't go out with you "
"Okay. See you around then" he smiled putting his laptop and some paperwork in his bag. "Bye Ese, bye Susan" he waved leaving and Susan folded her hands at Ese.
"That was your shot to tell him you have a boyfriend"
"How will I just say it like that?" "The Ese I know will say just anything off her chest, except you didn't want to say it"
"Don't be ridiculous"
"Do you like him? Apart from the fact you described him as hot"
"I describe a lot of guys as hot, what makes him different? Susan I don't like the guy. I love Efe, even though he most times acts like an asshole. Can we end this topic already? I have an assignment to submit."
"Have you given my idea about meeting Jafar?"
"No! I'm not going to ruin my career because of I reported Dr. Odogwu" "So you'll allow the man fail you"
"I'd rather fail than put myself in that kind of mess"
Ivie left work by seven in the evening. Just before got into her room, she found Ese's door slightly opened so peeped into it.
"Oh mighty Odogwu, looking for the next student to woo, nice try your threats got me hooked but I'll break through. I'd rather die than fuck you, so you know what Odogwu, screw you" She recited with so much hate and frustration then she sat on the bed and Ivie walked in smiling.
"Was that a poem?" She asked and Ese got embarrassed knowing she was listening.
"There's nothing to be embarrassed about"
"I do a little poetry. I even have a poetry show this Friday, would you come?"
"I'll love to" she smiled. "Is that what you're going to use?"
"No. I was just venting out"
"Who's All mighty Odogwu? An ex?"
"He's just...." She stalled, "Forget it" she added.

****

Mutey's camera flashed on Elsie's face while she ate snacks and he laughed.
"This one's a keeper"
"Is it bad?" She asked and he chuckled.
"It's perfect"
"Are you going back home?" She asked drinking Pepsi and he smiled.
"Yes. I better leave then" she replied and he held her hands. "I don't want you to leave just yet"
"Why?"
"I still want to see your face" he kissed her and she kissed him too. She rubbed his arm and he unbuttoned her top.
"No" she moved back.
"As much as I want to, there's that tiny voice telling me to remember the house I came from. It's my mom's voice"
"I'm so sorry... Now it looks like I do this often here"
"Kind of"
"I don't. I'm so sorry, I was distracted and it was too fast right?"
"Not that. You do know I'm a virgin right?" She asked and he shrugged.
"I didn't"
"Seriously?"
"It's been years, I thought maybe you could have.... Whoa I'm shocked"
"Yes" she tapped on her lap.
"So...." Mutey paused, "Celibacy?"
"Kind of" she answered and he chuckled faintly.
"It's okay if you don't"
"I have to quit smoking, I have to quit a lot if things and I also have no choice but to quit sex too.... Great" he answered and she stood up.
"You know what? Forget it, good night Mutey" she snapped leaving and he followed her.
"If you dare follow me Mutey" she turned her back at him then she went off.
"Elsie!"

****

Ese knelt behind Efe while he played PS on the TV in his room then she wrapped her hands around his neck. "You won't believe what happened in school today" she began and he wriggled out of her grip.
"Not now shuga"
She moved to his front mounting on him, "The lecturer came into the class today and" she began and he shobet her off.
"You've allowed me to lose now"
"What's more important? The game or your fiancee?"
"Shuga you're important but not now" he answered. "I really don't want to hear about your school stuff. The topic bores me"
"Okay. I'll be participating in this poetry night this Friday. I'll like you to support me"
"Kill me any day Ese! There's no way you'll see my ass there. You know how much I hate those things"
"What don't you hate?" She rolled her eyes and he hissed.
"Call me for a party and I'll come. Don't come and bore me with nerdy stuff. I'm the last child of my father, I already scaled through school, I don't want to bored myself with poems and all these crap" he complained.
"If it wasn't so damn late, I would have have gone back home" she snapped laying on the bed and Efe resumed playing his game.

****

"So feel free to send your complains and calls to butress more points on the issue on ground. We have another caller" he picked up.
"What's your name and where are you calling from"
"My Martha and I'm calling from Isihor" the lady seemed to be in tears.
"I was just passing by when I saw some guys throw a girl's body in a bush at first power line and I'm scared to call the police because they might pin me to that murder"
"Okay calm down Martha, where are you?"
"I left the place, I don't want any trouble. The girl is still there, what kind of world are we in? Can't we feel safe anymore?" She asked and then the caller hung up.
"This is a first time having a caller report this kind of incidence" he muttered.
"Um, this is the time for the police to act fast and efficient. We have an address and we need the police there ASAP"
He immediately held his phone sending a text to a number.
DTV broadcast bus got there as quickly as possible. There were some people there surrounding the body, some were taking pictures.
"And na small girl oh" a man yelled folding his hands in horror.
Rita stared at the body, the victim barely had clothes on, just a skimpy gown that didn't cover much.
"Na runs go cause this one oh" another complained.
"Na so them boys one take carry her body go until we shout them con run. Only God know wetin they their mind"
Rita felt bad for the girl. She sighed looking at Dickson, her cameraman. "Roll the camera" she demanded and he did.
"So we came here just in time after we listened to that woman's distress call on radio . A very young girl has been murdered and her body heartlessly thrown across the road. What kind of world are we living in?" She paused and he stopped recording.
"This is annoying. I might have to do that again" she added.
"I'm not sure she's even up to twenty two" she complained letting out a loud hiss.
"Na so Judith take go like that" she heard a man say so she moved over to him and Dickson focused the camera on them.
"It seems like you're well familiar with the girl"
"Yes oh. Her mama dey sell things for market, I sabi her. She be student for Uniben"
"Is she a promiscuous type?"
"Promis..." He pondered the word, "She never make promise for me before oh"
"Not that. Na waka waka she be?" Rita rephrase her statement and he slapped his hands inadvertently, "I no know oh."
"You've been helpful. Thank you Sir, at least we got a name and her institution of study"

****

Elsie entered into her room cleaning her tears and Bimpe turned towards her. "You've been staying out late these days, why? Is it a guy?" She asked and Elsie hissed.
"That's my issue with virgins, when they begin dating, they'll be too ashame to speak until they get knocked up. You better speak so I'll tell you the right pills to take when he comes inside of you"
"Bimpe!"
"What? Are you not having sex?"
"I'm not and I'm a pharmacy student; I can take care of my self"
"Pele oh (sorry oh). Madam chemist"
Elsie turned towards Judith's bed, "Is she not coming back this night again." She asked and Bimpe hissed.
"How is your business Elsie?"
"I say this because I care about her, this late night thing is becoming too much"
"Her boo is clingy and the guy has cash. Do you know how much she got me that bag I wore to church on Sunday? Abeg let her go and give the guy joy so that he'll be happy and she'll come home with more money. My breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be on her today"
"I'm worried that's just all"
"Keep your worries, let her use her pussy well"
"Jesus Bimpe!" She snapped in irritation.
"What?"

****

The following morning, Janet rushed into Elsie's room while she was about to go take her bath.
"You won't believe what I just heard" she began and Elsie wondered what gossip she had that morning for her.
"What?"
"They found a body in town and you won't believe who it was"
"Who?"
"It's Judith" she answered and Elsie suddenly felt weak. "God!" She covered her face in tears.
"Which Judith you dey talk about?" Bimpe asked, "Elsie's bunkie now, you guys roomie"
"Tell me you're lying"
"Her picture is trending all over, people are reposting it."
Bimpe place her hands on her head then she screamed. Then she began snapping her fingers.

****

"Anybody that wants to slap me should better start exercising their hands cause I won't hold my mouth. What am I about to say ehn!" Hannah, a deeper life student exclaimed in the common room.
"You girls had better turn your ways cause it's the last days and you don't know when the world will end. Judith is going to hell fire and it's not nice"
"Haba Hanna!" A girl exclaimed, "Yes quote me right! She will go to hell because of her ways. Her parents sent her to school, why didn't she face her school work. But instead she kept on chasing after glittery things"
Elsie bought biscuit from the lady at the common room then she walked back into her room where Bimpe was seated, still in tears.
She didn't even believe Bimpe would cry this much over Judith's death.
"Are you going to eat?"
"I don't have the appetite"
"I don't too but.... We have to eat something"
"I still find it hard to process the news." "Are you sure you're not crying because of the freebies"
"Fuck the freebies. Judith was a friend"
"I told you it's election period"
"Oh please! Don't give me that I told you so crap. Judith is dead!"
"She wouldn't have died if we had called a spade a spade! If you had also try to talk to her against this late night behavior, maybe she'll still be alive. We all know she doesn't listen to me, she could have listened to you" she answered and Bimpe sobbed loudly.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

79.8K 5.7K 17
To read the completed book: Go to Okadabooks. https://okadabooks.com/user/FareedaHaruna "There's no point crying over spilled milk" a popular adage w...
66.4K 16.9K 36
Aisha thought she had her whole life mapped perfectly but things weren't going as planned...and yes, in the worst way possible. She needed an escape...
75.6K 13.4K 91
"What is your name? " he enquired with a staid expression. Obi's eyes roamed around still trying to ascertain the safety of their current surroundin...
1.9K 388 18
*** Only three things are certain in life: death, injustice and love. Umma had drilled this into Amina's head from the day she was born. One couldn't...