Until Then [l.t. au]

De okaylondon

The problem with falling in love with your best friend is that you can't talk to your best friend about it. Mais

Before reading.
Prologue
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Epilogue.

Chapter Twenty-Five.

263 6 0
De okaylondon

You can only achieve your goals, if you try hard enough.

******************************************************************************

Wow, studying at last minute apparently pays off. I got through with a few A's and a couple of B's. No grades below those. Phew. 

I was so scared to fail, because I only started studying like two days before the exams. Stupid fucking Louis and stupid fucking Harry. If it wasn't for them, I would have never left, I would have never skipped half the semester and I would have had more time to study. But hey, I got good grades so I guess this should happen more often.

Please don't. I'd die. I barely held on throughout these last few months, if it happens again, I'd lose my shit.

I applied for the last year on AMDA. The subjects would be cut in half, but I'd have a new one: Drama. That subject will help with students on their stage presence. I was excited as the school play was about to start. I still need to know if I got the part I wanted though.

I fixed my ponytail and knocked.

"Professor Corelli, may I come in ?"

"Of course, Carrie. Come on in." - She smiled.

I sat down in front of her desk. - "I wanted to talk to you about The Nut Cracker. Have you already chosen the cast ?"

"Good thing you mentioned it. I won't be posting around school. I was meant to call each of you and give you your scripts and talk to you about rehearsals." - She reached for a drawer and took a script out of it. - "Now that you're here, let's talk."

A lump in my throat started to rise.

"You're gonna be Clara. Your audition was amazing. Neither professor Matthews nor I, in our long years in this business, have never seen somebody with so much passion while they're performing, Carrie." - She handed me the script. - "I'll be expecting you every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the auditorium after class. Don't let me down." - She warned.

I smiled and got up almost immediately. - "Thank you so so so so much for the opportunity, Professor. I won't let you down. I promise." - I shook her hand and walked out of the door.

Nobody could ruin my happiness now. Nobody and nothing.

I got in my motorcycle - cars were too mainstream for me, you know... Even though I wanted a car but after everything I needed a change - and I rode home.

As I looked for a place to park my bike - let's just call it this way - I saw a black Range Rover parked in my usual spot. Suddenly, the air got cold and my happiness was all gone. 

It never crossed my mind how he could not have had brought his jeep all the way from London. But then again, he could have rented one.

I parked almost too fast with my heart beating like crazy.

Please, let it be him.

I opened the door in a rush, just to find my mother talking to Mary in the hall.

"Mum ? What are you doing here ?" - I put my helmet and bag on the dining table.

"Carrie, honey !" - She hugged me. - "Oh my, you look so skinny ! But you're still so beautiful !" - I rolled my eyes. - "Your father and I decided to come and see you. It's been so long and we miss our baby girl !" - She hugged me again. - "When we landed, we bumped into Louis and his band mates at the airport. He said we could have his rented car, while we stayed here. He's such a sweetheart, that boy. He will never change."

My limbs were getting weak. - "You... You saw Louis ?"

"Yes. Apparently, they're going to South America. The world tour is going very well, from what I've seen."

"Huh, good..." - I looked around, disappointed. - "Where's dad ?"

"Dad's looking for a house with Ben."

"House ? What are you talking about ?" - I looked at her and raised a brow.

"We tend on staying here all Summer, dear ! Dad and I wanted something different, this year."

"Alright, well... Have fun." - I grabbed my stuff. - "I'm going to take care of some stuff I have to and I'll be right back." - I locked myself in my room.

"I have something to tell you guys." - That was the first time I talked during dinner.

Everybody stared at me waiting.

"I passed at all subjects with good grades. A's and B's. And I got the highest grade in Dance."

"That's how we do it, sweetie !" - My father cheered. - "I can see that the States are doing you well." - He smiled.

"She finally got something right." - My mother mumbled.

I ignored her. - "But that's not all. As you may know, my school is doing a showcase of The Nut Cracker this summer. It's a ballet kind of play. I auditioned and got the main role." - I shrugged and continued eating.

"We're so proud of you !" - My parents said at the same time, which was weird. - "Congratulations, honey !" - I smiled at them.

"I knew you could do it, Car !" - Mary got up and hugged me.

"When does it premiere ?" - Ben winked.

"August. It lasts until the new school year starts."

"That is terrific ! We can stay and go to every single exhibition !" - I rolled my eyes at my mother.

"For the moment, we're still rehearsing. Matt got the role of the Nut Cracker, which makes me more comfortable."

"He's that guy... The one who was your partner for the competition, right ?"

"Yes, dad."

"What about Nicole and James ?" - Mary asked.

"James was expelled after all the sabotage thing. Supposedly, Matt and I were the winning team but James bribed the judging panel so he could win." - I shook my head. - "Nicole is going to be my substitute in the play. She had nothing to do with what James did, and she is quite good as well. If I'm not mistaken, she was the second best at Dance." - I frowned.

"Of course that she was behind you." - I smiled at Ben's comment.

"Mum, did Louis say anything else to you, when you saw him?"

"No, why ? Should he ?"

"No, no." - I shook my head again. - "Just curious."

"Carrie, perhaps did anything happen between you and Louis ?" - My father whispered in my ear.

"It depends on what he told you." - I whispered back.

"His face looked like a giant potato. Just like that other guy huh..." - My dad wasn't any good with names. - "Henry ?"

"Harry, dad."

"Yes, Harry. Sorry. When I asked about it, Louis just told me This is the effect your daughter has on men. And then he left, laughing."

I gulped. They almost killed each other because of me.

"I dated Harry for a while, but I broke up with him due to his band. And Louis has a thing for me. I bet Harry thought I had cheated on him and they just.... killed each other." - I wasn't even hungry anymore.

"Well, I don't know about that because they seemed very friendly with each other. Harry is quite polite by the way. Nice fella."

"Despite everything they're good guys, Dad." - I drank a bit of water and got up. - "If you all excuse me, I'm going to sleep. Today was exhausting."

As soon as I was inside my room, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding until now. I locked the door and grabbed my phone.

"Carrie ?!" - Louis picked up after three rings.

"What the fuck were you thinking that you ended up throwing punches at each other ?" - I shouted.

"What the hell were you thinking when you disappeared for God knows how long ?" - He shouted back.

"Answer my question, don't be a dick."

"You answer my question."

"Louis, I am not in the mood for games."

"Me either."

"Do you at least realize what you've got yourself into ?!"

"And do you realize that I was seconds away from quitting the band and go look for you ?!"

"These are two different things, don't try to mix them."

"Oh but I am. You went missing after the last time I spoke to you. Now, I want to know why and where the hell you have been Carrie."

"Goodbye, Louis." - I threw my phone across the room.

I heard a crack sound but I couldn't care less.

Why does Louis have to be such a dick head ?! I just wanted to figure out what the fuck went through their minds by throwing punches at each other.

Despite the argument, it was quite good listening to his voice once again. I kind of felt.... at home.

I just don't want anybody to ask questions. I want everybody to forget about it all.

And please, do not let my parents find out I was missing.

***********************************************************************

(A/N: Shit is about to go down and I have never been more excited hehehehe I'm so sorry for not updating more often but I had to take care of some stuff. There will be one more update before Christmas and maybe one on Christmas day. It won't be a chapter, it's gonna be a special. I'll explain later :) Goals: 10 votes OR 100 reads ! .xx)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...