Chapter Twenty-One.

You keep messing with my head

**************************************************************************

I woke up alone in bed. Harry's side was already cold, so he must have left a while ago.

I turned on my back. My eyes were swollen from crying and my head was hurting. I didn't get much sleep, I spent practically the whole night crying while Harry held me tight.

I sighed and got out of bed, walking towards the bathroom.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard a very familiar voice coming from the living room.

"Is she still sleeping ?"

Louis.

"Yeah, she had a pretty rough night." - I heard Mary's voice.

I leaned against the wall.

"And Harry ?"

"He left pretty early this morning. Said he needed to clear his head."

"So she told him..."

"Told him what ?"

"I-" - Silence. - "I'm in love with Carrie."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"No, Mary I wish I was kidding."

I heard the sound of a slap. - "You dickhead ! That poor girl has been in love with you for God knows how long and now that she had finally found a way out, you're making her lose everything !" - I heard footsteps so I locked myself in the bathroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. My whole body was numb, I still couldn't think straight after yesterday.

When I was sure the coast was clear, I left the bathroom and walked into my room to get dressed. Harry still wasn't back.

I called his phone but it didn't even ring. Went straight to voicemail.

"Good morning, Carrie." - Niall's voice startled me. - "Sorry, didn't mean to scary ya."

"No, it's alright. I just wasn't expecting anybody to be home." - I tried to smile.

"Yeah, they all left pretty early for a gym session." - He shrugged. - "I don't like workouts."

"Harry went with them ?"

"Yeah, Zayn, Liam and Harry went together. Why do ya ask ?" - He leaned against the door frame.

"Nothing important." - I put on a jacket and fixed my hair. - "I'm going out."

"Do ya want some company ?" - He walked down the hall with me.

"I really need to be alone for a few hours, Niall. I'm sorry." - I kissed his cheek and walked out of the front door.

Truth is, I had classes today but I wasn't in the mood for it. I'll just ask Caroline for her books tomorrow.

I walked for hours, stopping only for a coffee and a bagel on my way to- well, nowhere.

I eventually gave up and sat outside a small restaurant. My stomach was grumbling with all this walking. Plus, it was waaaaay pass lunch time.

I ordered a burger and looked around. There were lots of people shopping and a really big group of girls squealing outside a Nike store.

Wait what the-