Heavy Love

By MurphLove

Sarah Flowers has image issues. All her life she has been put down by her own family about her weight. Even s... More

Heavy Love
Pull Over
Drag It On
Home Sweet Temporary Home
2x to 2depressed
Stare Me Down
Sign Your Life Away
Amy Has a Secret
My New Little Winchester
Follow Thy Rules
Ride or Die
You Owe Me
TNT
My Little Flower
1-800-HELPME
Trick Me or Trick Me Not
Just Give Me My Dang Sugar
Wine and Dine
Hello or Hell No
Little Miss Innocent
Red Eye Devil
Not A Chapter But Important So Please Read
Fired Up
The Age of Darkness
Author's Note

Filing Cabinet From Hell

19.3K 746 119
By MurphLove

“Ms. Flower’s, we have some work to attend to. So, if you would please.” Mr. Hollington sounded extremely annoyed about the fact that Keith had come to visit me while at work.

“Yes. I’m sorry.” I followed behind him into his office and the door slid closed behind me.

“Your first task for the day will to be to organize that filing cabinet into alphabetical order. Once you are through, have Jacob take the files A-J to be put into the computer system. We are trying to go paperless. It is just taking us a little longer than most companies. I have a lot of…old clients who do not like the technology era.” As he spoke he had sat down at his desk and began going through a folder. I turned my attention to the cabinet. I was surprised when I opened it to find that it was a total mess. The folders were stacked on top of each other instead of being side by side. “Yeah, I couldn’t find a specific clients folder and I began to get frustrated.” I’m going to be frustrated. This is just terrible. How anyone can let their filing cabinet get into such a mess? “Just don’t read the files, Ms. Flowers. My clients would be very upset if you did. Most of them like to keep things personal.”

I took all of the folders out of the first cabinet and sat them on top. This will take most of the day. How does this man expect me to get this done in such a short amount of time? I quickly began putting the files back in. I would glance at the name and then put it in order. The more and more I would put back into the cabinet, the more seemed to pile up. It is like it is never ending. I was on a role; not once did I pause, until I was caught off guard by warm breath on my neck.

Mr. Hollington had quietly made his way from his desk and stood behind me, not saying a single word. I didn’t even hear him move. Instead of turning around to face him, I just stood there and held on to the filing cabinet. My fingers gripped to the cold smooth metal so tight, that I began to think that I would leave finger indentions. I couldn’t find the strength in my legs to even turn around. His velvety breath wrapped around my neck and I could smell the sweetness of it. My knees began to shake as I became weaker and weaker. What is this man doing to me?

It seemed as if his lips grazed my neck, but I’m not sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me. His warm breath moved up my neck and to my ear, and in a low husky voice, he whispered, “Now, now Ms. Flowers. I thought I told you to wear your hair down for now on.” I could feel his fingers grasp the band in my hair and he slowly pulled it out. As my hair fell down, I felt like I would fall with it. Once again his warm breath caressed my ear. “Besides, I believe you look much more beautiful with it down.” When his warmth left me, I felt so cold, that I almost shivered. This man left me standing there alone, holding on to the filing cabinet for dear life. He had left the room without saying another word.

How can him just breathing on my neck and ear, make me feel like my world was spinning? For the life of me, I couldn’t focus on organizing. I was still trying to make myself let go of the cabinet.

“Darling, are you okay?” Donna’s sudden voice scared me. The shock brought me out of my daze and back to reality.

“Uh yeah. I’m fine. I’m just a little overwhelmed right now.”

“I know. That cabinet is a mess.” Yeah, let’s go with that. I’m not going to tell him that Mr. Hollington is the reason for me being overwhelmed. “Mr. Devil sent me in here to help you. He said he needed it done as soon as possible.”

“It is a total mess, Donna. I can’t believe he even let it get this way.”

“Well, with the two of us we will be able to get it done in no time.” He placed his hand on my shoulder to reassure me. “I thought you had your hair up today?” I cocked his head to the side.

“Um…My neck started getting cold, so I let it down.” I could tell that he knew I was lying, but I didn’t want to tell him that Mr. Hollington had pulled my hair down, because it is a rule. I’m not even sure that Donna or Cassie knows about these ten specific rules. I’m not going to be the one to tell him.

“Right. Okay, well let’s get down to business.” He began sorting through the files. It took me just a few seconds to get back into the groove, but within a matter of minutes we had a routine going.

It didn’t take us nearly half as long as I thought it would. Maybe 20 to 25 minutes we had finished the entire filing cabinet. Donna sat down in the chair in front of Mr. Hollington’s desk, and he stretched out. He patted his knee for me to come sit on it.

“No sir.  I would break your leg.” I shook my head and giggled at the fact that he would even ask me to sit in his lap.

“Oh hush! Come here right now.” He patted his leg again.

“No! I know for a fact that I am too heavy.”

“Sarah, I am a big strong man. And this big strong man wants you to sit in his lap.” He smirked at me, flashing me his pearly whites.

“Why would I sit in your lap, when there is a perfectly good chair right beside you?” I pointed to the other chair. Donna caught me off guard when he reached up and grabbed my hand pulling me on to his lap. I squealed at the fast and sudden movement from standing to sitting.

“Now see, that wasn’t so bad.” He was right; it wasn’t that bad. I laid my head over on his shoulder and turned so that my legs were draped over the arm rest. Donna wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I snuggled into him a little more.

“Am I hurting you?” I felt like my weight would crush his legs.

“No sweetheart. You are perfectly fine.” He began playing with my hair, twirling the ends around his fingers. “Sarah?”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t want you to call me Donna anymore.” I looked up at him, confused. “I want you to call me Jacob. Or even Jake.”

“I don’t understand. You hate the name Jacob.”

“I don’t hate it. It’s when I’m in drag queen mode that I would prefer to be called Donna. And since you have been here, I haven’t had the need or want to be a drag queen. I only did it because Cassie talked me into doing it.”

“Well, if that is what you want, then I have no problem with it. It’s really not my place to have a problem with it.”

“You are something else. You know that?” He chuckled, causing me to bounce a little.

“No I didn’t. But thank you for letting me know.”

“Smart ass.” He popped my leg, which made me laugh.

“You just did not!”

“Yes, Mr. Jacob, you just did not.” We both jumped up out of the chair, from the sound of Mr. Hollington behind us. “I could get you for harassment.”

“We were just playing.” Donn…Jacob piped up.

“This is not a playground. It is a business. I understand that Sarah is new, but you should know better.”

“Don’t be mad at him.” I tried to turn Mr. Hollington’s attention towards me, but it didn’t work.

“Ms. Flowers, I suggest you keep quiet before you get on my bad side.” This isn’t his bad side? “Jacob, you have been one of my best employees. That shouldn’t change. Now, take the files A through J and go put them in the system. When you are through with that, I want you to go home.” Jacob didn’t say another word, he just walked out, leaving the Devil himself and I standing there. “What is he to you?”

“Excuse me?”

“Are you two dating? A couple? Fuck buddies?”

“Mr. Hollington! If we were any of that, which we are not, it wouldn’t be any of your business.” I grabbed my notebook and turned to walk out.

“It is my business. In that contract you signed it clearly states that none of my employees can date or have any romantic affiliations with one another. Now when I ask you a question, you will politely answer with a smile. Do I make myself clear?!” During his yelling he had took the few steps toward me, that he was now standing just a few inches from me. As he looked down at me with his dark eyes, his chest heaved up and down from his anger.

I went from one hell to another. His anger reminded me of my life back at home. All the hate my family had for me. I’m not even sure I have one memory of my home life being pleasant. That feeling of loneliness came back over me, and a single tear rolled down my cheek. “Yes sir.” I watched as his look of pure rage melted and into something else. I don’t know what it is.

“Sarah…” He reached up and wiped the tear away. “I didn’t mean to upset you. Sometimes I forget that I can be a little…”

“Scary.” I stated.

“Yes. I can be a little scary.” For a few seconds we stood there just staring at one another. This man was hypnotizing me; I couldn’t make myself look away. I’m not sure how to explain the feeling that I had deep in the pit of my stomach. If magic had a feeling, then this is what it would feel like. Then he broke the magic that I was feeling, by looking away and walking to his desk. “Here is a list of clients and their appointment times. I need you to call each client and confirm their appointment. Once you are finished with that, you can join me for lunch.” He left the office before I could respond.

He just left me standing there. Confused.

***Author’s Note***

I have had several of my lovelies message me and ask for Samuel’s POV, but I can’t do that. We need to keep his thoughts a secret…for now. ;)

Let me know what you all think.

Have you changed teams yet? Or are you sticking with your original choice?

Also, a picture of Donna is on the sidelines.>>>

HUGS AND KISSES

TO MY MISTERS AND MISSES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114 0 7
After witnessing a murder she shouldn't have Morgan finds herself in a downward spiral. She knows it's not right but she can't help the feelings she...
5K 125 53
Every guy, everywhere, just gives me mad attention. Like I'm under inspection. *** Deep down underground rule vampires. Adam is the head of a nightc...
153K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
1M 27.9K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...