Mikrokosmos (BTS Reverse Hare...

By KazeDancer

Soulmates are a worldwide phenomenon that occurred after a baby was born with a name on her wrist in 1856. A... More

Word of Fore
I Get Lifechanging Pills (I Swear I'm Not Taking Drugs)
I Have My Cake and Eat It Too (All Seven Pieces)
Akari's Marks
The Day BTS Fans Weep in Sorrow
I Guess I Better Download Duolingo Then
BTS's Marks
The 8 Simple Steps to Take If Your Soulmate Is Famous
I Trick a Guy Named Jake and BTS Plays Gawi, Bawi, Bo!
BTS Is Illegal and I Become a Secret Spy
BTS's Marks-Part 2
Chocolate Makes Everything Better (Except the God of Destruction)
Polaroids, a Muscle Bunny, and the Avengers
Airports Are Overrated and Some Fans Are Just Crazy (Also, Where Is Australia?)
Two Truths and a Lie Is Better Than Twenty Questions
Q&A and Fun Facts About Mikrokosmos
I Mean, Have You Seen Their Horns?
Clinics and Crying (Baby, What's Wrong?)
Fate Plays to Win and Taehyung Might Be a Genius
Abraham Lincoln Fails Me and I Contemplate Why I'm the Way I Am
I Just Wanted to Find the Washing Machine (Can Sleeping Be My Job?)
Music Is My Soulmate
Jet Lag? Buy It Here! (Who Decided I Should Be Near Makeup?)
Lamb Skewers, a Cracked Phone, and Backstage Vibes
In Which I Lose My Mind (Chandeliers? Seriously?!?)
In My Defense, It Was Either Murder or a Hook-Up
You Need to Calm Down (You're Being Too Loud)
Bonds and Star Trek, a Match Made in Heaven
Panicking Soulmates and Restaurant Discussions (With a Dash of Sleepy Cuddles)
Peace and Serenity (Obsession)
I Kinda Wish I Wasn't One Call Away This Time
Breakdown in the Bathroom

My Uterus Kills Me and I Meet My Soulmates

15.8K 546 501
By KazeDancer

TW: allusions to sex being used as payment
_______________________
(August 31, Tuesday)
(day of the BTS concert)

I had everything planned out. I'd wake up, jump in a shower, then go to the concert. After that? Well, I'd finally meet my soulmates. Unfortunately, me being born as a female derailed my plans.

For those of you out there lucky enough to not be killed monthly, I envy you. You've never experienced the excruciating pain that grips your insides. It feels like a hand squeezing my internal organs. And. It. Refuses. To. Let. Go.

I was one of those girls who actually had mood swings. Whether it was due to a hormone imbalance or whatever, when Aunt Flo came around I could switch my personalities at the drop of a hat.

I'd be happy one minute, little Miss Positivity. Then, five seconds later, I'd become a Debbie Downer. Then, I'd get angry. Then, it'd start all over again.

And my period decided to come the day of the BTS concert where I'd meet my soulmates face-to-face. Of fucking course.

I yank open my bathroom drawers. Okay. Okay. I can work with this. As long as I wear a pad and an (ultra) tampon, I could bear with it. My flow was always heavy the first couple of days, so I'd have to make sure to change every three hours or so.

I start the shower so it can warm up as I pull out a pair of underwear and a t-shirt. I didn't want to put on the clothes I had picked out for the concert too early. I wondered what they would think of me wearing their merc—fuck.

My body curls up as I drop the clothing in my hands. I wrap my arms around myself as I desperately try to alleviate the pain any way I can. The cramps had kicked in with full force. Cramps for me have always been the worse.

There's actually a funny story to be told here. When I was 12, I had appendicitis. However, no one realized it because I was on my period and they just thought it was cramps.

After I missed a week at school, my uncle finally took me to an Urgent Care who immediately sent me to the hospital's ER. They gave me an MRI and did some blood tests.

Not only did I have appendicitis, but my appendix had burst. Two abscesses had formed and I had an infection. If my uncle had waited any longer, there was a high chance I could've died. And all because we thought it was simply my period cramps.

I slowly make my way towards my bathroom. I snatch the clothes I dropped up as I stumble to the medicine cabinet. Some Tylenol would be quite lovely right about now. Using the counter as support, I pull myself out of my hunched over position.

Reaching my hand out to grab the bottle of pills from the cabinet, I dump three of the tiny capsules out. Setting the bottle down, I immediately toss the pills back. I turn on the faucet and gulp down the water to wash the pills in my mouth down.

Taking a second to simply breathe, I carefully strip and proceed to step in the warm shower. The water pounds down on me as I gently wash my body. After a good 30 minute shower, I shut the water off and take the towel hanging from the rack next to me to dry myself off.

After getting dressed, I grab my heating pad and throw Hwarang up on my laptop. I had enough time to take a nap right? I set a timer on for three hours. It was only 11:45, and I didn't have to leave until 4:00 after all...

(Five hours later)

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep

The persistent, never ending beeping slowly rouses me from my slumber. Blearily, I manage to open my eyes. What was going on? Why had I set an alarm agai—beep.

A yawn escapes me as I half heartedly fight my way out of the blanket I had cocooned myself in. What time was it? Probably around 3:00 or something. I should probably get ready for the concert now. Grabbing my phone, I quickly turn it on and check the time. Good, it's only 5:00.

Fuck, it's 5:00.

I toss my phone on my bed as I hurriedly start to strip my clothes. I had a reserved seat, yes, but if I didn't want to wait for hours to get inside the Ohio Stadium, I had to leave right now!

I make my way to the bathroom to change my, ah, feminine hygiene products and put my clothes for the concert on. While I was pulling on my socks, I hear a loud banging on the door.

"Give me a second! I'll be right out!"

I holler at the person who seemed determined to bring my door down. The pounding subsided but only by a little. Who the hell is outside? Checking myself over in the mirror, I then proceed to the door.

I take a second to breathe, so I can calm myself down. Maybe the person on the other side of the door didn't know how rude they were being? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I decide.

I pull the door open and am confronted with the smirking image of.....fuck my life. Sean Jackson is standing in front of my door with the biggest, shit-eating smirk in the world. If you don't know who he is, let me have the (dis)pleasure of describing him.

He is a chauvinistic asshole who gets pleasure only off of the misery of others. He enjoys breaking people down, and if you try to stop him, he'll find some way to make your life horrible. I have not a clue how he came from the same family as Mrs. Jackson. Not to mention, it was kinda creepy how intent he is on bothering me when you consider the fact that I am only 23 to his 45.

"Hello, Akari."

Sean utters the greeting as he leers at me. I shift uncomfortably.

"Yes? Is there something you needed?" I murmur, trying my best to end this conversation as soon as possible. I slide my eyes up from the floor to see his expression. Uh oh. That's bad.

Besides the fact that he's wearing a rather smug smirk, there's a hidden delight in his eyes, like he knows something that I don't. Shit. That can only mean bad things for me.

"In fact, yes, there is something I need from you," Sean says. "According to the contract, you were supposed to leave these apartments by August 27th. I'm giving you an hour to leave the premises or I'm calling the cops on you." He delivers the news of me being kicked out as if he were simply talking about how the weather was.

I feel myself start to worry. No. No. I need to calm down, even though this is quite possibly the worst time for this to happen. How was I going to swing this? What would BTS think if they learned I was, well, homeless? Wait, how the crap did he learn about the contract in the first place?

He seems to take notice of my wide eyes.

"Oh? You didn't think I'd know? My sister tells me everything." Well. There's that. Mrs. Jackson probably didn't even realize he'd use that information like this. Mrs. Jackson is my landlord anyway; it's not like he can actually kick me out.

"And by the way, don't think I can't kick you out. Sally signed me on as a proxy when she's not here."

What the fuck? Can he read minds or am I just that easy to read? Don't answer that. (I already know I have the worst poker face possible.)

"Wait a second! What do you want in exchange for letting me stay? I can pay, like, 1/8 of my usual rent?" I knew what he was playing at. He wanted something from me. I didn't know what exactly, but I reckoned he'd be telling me.

He leans against my doorframe, his breath ghosting over my face. I take a step back. He had clearly eaten some sardines or tuna before coming over. All I could smell was fish. Ew.

"I might be convinced if... maybe... you—I don't know—lend me a hand? Sometimes, I get so very lonely..."

Nope. Nope. Fucking hell to the no.

"I'll be out of the apartment in half an hour."

The look on Sean's face as I slammed the door in his face cemented my decision. No matter how desperate I got, I would never allow someone to try and coerce me into sexual acts. I'd rather be homeless.

(15 minutes later)

It's a bit sad, I reflect, that I can fit my whole apartment into one duffel bag. All I really had were my clothes and my laptop, so I suppose I really shouldn't be that surprised. The only problem now is what to do with my bag when I get to the concert. Which I am definitely behind schedule for. I was supposed to leave at 4:00; it's now 5:35.

It should only take me a 15 minute walk to get to the stadium. Then, maybe an hour wait in line? I can grab food on the way, that way I don't have to leave my seat once I get there. I can also change again.

Slinging my duffel bag over my shoulder, I take in my apartment one last time. I didn't feel any particular emotion leaving it behind. It had never really seemed like home. It was just a stepping stone to my soulmates. That being said, it was also here where I found out who my soulmates were. That alone would make it hold a special place within my heart.

I peek out of the door hole to confirm that Sean isn't still lurking about. I couldn't even stomach the sight of him right now. I'd either break down crying (yes, my hormones are that bad) or punch the fucking git in the face.

Luckily, he appeared to have graced me with his absence. Locking my door with my key, I slide it under the door. I then pull out my phone to text Mrs. Jackson.

*******

Mrs. Jackson

Me:
Hey Mrs. Jackson! So. Sean tried to
convince me to have sex with him
to stay in my apartment. I told him
no and already have packed
all my stuff. I mean, I was leaving
anyway, this just sped things
up. I left my key inside the
apartment. I love you and
I'll make sure to keep in contact!
Love,
Akari

*******

Blunt, straightforward, and to the point. Exactly what I was going for! Now, I have to worry about how I was going to convince the guards to let me keep my bag...

(1 hour and 45 minutes later)

The walk to the stadium wasn't that bad actually. It was nice to get some fresh air and clear my head. The food probably helped too. I always think better with food in me. I did have to wait quite a bit in line though. By the time I got to my seat, it was already around 7:30.

After me basically begging the guards to at least let me leave my bag at the security checkpoint, they finally agreed but only if they could go through everything. So, there I was, with a guard holding my red lace panties up as he looks at me. I'm pretty sure I died from embarrassment.

I might've also played up the "I just got kicked out of my apartment by an asshole asking for sex" card. Just a bit. At least it helped me convince them not to throw my bag out in fear of it being a bomb. The head guard honcho said I can come grab it after the concert, so that's all good.

I glance around at my surroundings. It was, in one word, massive. The fact that the stadium was completely filled spoke to the level of fame BTS had achieved. I couldn't move a foot in any direction without being elbowed by somebody.

The lights start to dim as a ten-second countdown appears on the screen. The crowd quietens as the timer ticks down. I inhale, my heartbeat speeding up as the numbers on the screen change from 1 to zero.

It was time.

~o0o~

Nothing could have ever prepared me for the concert I had the privilege of attending. I had to stop my screaming and shouting to simply wonder, what had I done in my past life to deserve this? To deserve these amazing, talented boys. To deserve these boys who didn't lose sight of their goal nor what has helped them achieve it?

Their voices soothed worries I didn't even know I had. They spoke to my heart. All the fears I held of not being enough, of being too much, faded as I listened.

Jungkook's soft melody took me back to my dreams, and Taehyung's husky baritone reminded me of what living was.

Jin's angelic voice carried away my insecurities, and Jimin's sweet notes comforted me. Yoongi's passion filled lyrics brought me the memories of everything I've held dear to me.

Hoseok's voice was sunshine, pure sunshine that swept the grey clouds away. Namjoon's voice was addictive and smooth, something I couldn't resist hearing again, and it told me to relax and let them take care of me.

Before I even realized it was happening, tears were streaming down my face. Nothing, absolutely nothing, could compare to this. Their dancing told the story just as well as their singing. I experienced entire life stories through their dancing. I stare desperately at the stage where 7 gods are performing. Even if they weren't my soulmates, I loved them.

I didn't realize the extent of what they put into their music. Their lives and souls are evident in their work. I can tell, without ever having met them, that they loved what they did, and they loved ARMY just as much.

(after BTS concert)

Unfortunately, due to the unlucky timing of my period, I ended up in the very back of the line to the meet and greet. Why exactly? Because I had to first, find a bathroom, then I had to change my pad and tampon. That wasted a good 10 minutes and led to me being the very last person for the meet and greet.

The way the meet and greet works is simple. The boys are waiting inside the room. The person claiming to be their soulmate enters the room. The person then proceeds to explain why they thought they were the soulmate of a specific member of BTS or BTS as a whole.

I've practiced what I wanted to say countless times, but I knew for a fact that wouldn't prepare me for them. That concert had left me uncomfortable in more than one way. Yeah. Moving on.

I look up from my phone where I'm playing Superstar BTS to check the line. After a good two hours, it had finally dwindled down. There were only two people in front of me. Hopefully, it will only take 15 minutes each.

After another half an hour of playing BTS World and Superstar BTS while jamming out to the Wings album, I'm jolted out of my thoughts when a security guard taps on my shoulder. I hurriedly pull out my earphones.

"Yes? Is it my turn to go now?"

The guard just nods his head at me and motions for me to go through the door he is holding open. Crap. This is it. Okay. Okay. Deep breaths. My converse thud repeatedly against the linoleum flooring as I walk into the room. When I finally make my way into the room, I raise my eyes from the floor.

All seven members of BTS are sitting in front of me. They look tired and exhausted. I'm not surprised, honestly. They had just performed a concert and gone through hundreds of people claiming to be their soulmate. No doubt, they just wanted to get this over with.

"It's nice to meet you. Can you explain why you think you're our soulmate?" Namjoon asks. His speaking voice is just as sensual as his singing and rapping. I take in his appearance. Dark circles under his eyes, and his shoulders are drooping slightly.

This was it. I've been waiting for this ever since my Marks had appeared.

"My name is Akari Bennett. Um, is it okay if I explain some of my backstory first?" I manage to force out. My hands are shaking, so I clasp them behind my back. The boys would probably think they're making me nervous, and while that's true, I don't want them to think I'm scared of them.

"Yeah! Go ahead!" Hoseok cheerfully says. Even though he's smiling brightly, I can see the weariness that lines his frame.

"Okay. I was born on July 16th, 1994, to Emily Bennett. She died in childbirth, and my uncle, Thomas Bennett, had to take me in." I pause and remind myself to take a breath. It'd suck if I had to leave in an ambulance. And it'd cost me a lot of money.

I continued on. "When I was 16, my uncle had stopped at a pharmacy to pick up the Soulmate Pills for me on his way to work. He had never found his own soulmate, but he knew how much I wanted to." I had to stop to clear my throat. "He... got hit by a car whose driver was texting." My eyes tear up without my permission. I usually can speak about this without crying, but I'm more sensitive than normal.

I quickly scrub at my eyes. As I open my mouth to go on with my story, I see that the boys all look sympathetic. I knew that if I needed to stop, they'd have no problem waiting, but I had to get it all out now.

"All of our money had to go to paying the bills he had left behind. I got put into the foster system. After I turned 18, I immediately started working different jobs to save up for the pills. It wasn't until a month ago, on July 19th, that I managed to buy them."

I can see that the boys are mentally calculating to figure out if my timeline matches up with theirs.

"The pharmacy has my records on file. A week later—July 26th—I received my Marks. All seven of them." My statement earned wide eyes from all of them. Seven was an uncommonly high number.

"I was shocked at first. But, I found that I didn't mind the fact that I would have seven soulmates. What convinced me that you all are my soulmates were my Marks."

I can see the confusion draw across their faces.

"Excuse me, Miss Bennett, but would you elaborate on that?" Jin calmly asks. I nod my head. "I can, but I think it would be easier to just show you." I hear numerous sounds of agreement.

I then try to think out how exactly I'm going to show all of them their Marks. I sigh and look up at the boys' faces. I guess I can go in order of the chant.

"Namjoon, can you come here please?" I ask. "It would be easier to see up close."

There's a moment of indecision before he rises and walks towards me. I pull my hoodie down slightly to show him my collarbone.

"We got different stars and stories," I say in a singsong voice as I look at his blinding grin.

"I remembered hearing some of your songs on the radio, and I found out that all of my Marks are the lyrics from one of your songs after a lot of research and googling," I giggle, thinking back on how many cups of tea I drank and how they only made me more tired.

"Jin."

My voice seems to shock him back into awareness as he had just been staring at me like he was in some sort of a trance.

"Come over here?" I smile gently at him. He jumps out of his seat and swiftly makes his way to me.

Pushing up the sleeves of my hoodie to my elbows, I lift my left wrist up to show him his Mark on me. "Not so perfect but so beautiful," I jokingly half-sing with a smile. His eyes don't leave my Mark. "Mr. Worldwide Handsome, right?" My question draws his eyes back to me.

"Yes. That's me."

Jin's lips turn upwards as we share a smile. I take a step back, so I can lock eyes with my next soulmate. He's already looking in my direction. I just grin up at him and receive a gummy smile in return.

"I'm 'without you I am nothing', right?" Yoongi asks as he steps toward me.

I beam at him as I reply, "Yes! That's you!" I'm not surprised he already figured that out. It is my most obvious Mark after all.

"Give me some room please?" I needed to show Hoseok's Mark; no one could really see it with how close my legs were together. I smile as I see him pouting in the corner. He's adorable.

The boys all take a step back, even though I can tell they don't really want to. I use the space to slightly turn and move my legs apart, revealing the Mark on my lower left calf.

"Hoseok! Want to dance with me?" I laugh as he practically skips over to me.

"Why, I would love to dance with you, cutie!"

He's all smiles and I can see why his nickname is "Sunshine."

A hand gently grasps my right arm as a soft voice sings, "I'm your calico cat."

Blushing, I turn my head slightly to see an adorable mochi named Jimin bouncing besides me.

"That's my Mark!" Awwww. He's too cute.

"Yes, it is!" I excitedly agree with him. Thank you God for blessing me with the sweetest, most adorable soulmates ever.

I'm startled out of my thoughts by a deep voice.

"It's my turn now, yeah?" Taehyung asks with his voice that is detrimental to my health. How can a voice literally sound like chocolate? Like how is that possible?

"Yes! Yours is a bit hard to show though." He had already made his way to my side, so I just turn around. I then tug my hoodie down in the back along with pulling my hood down, so his Mark is clearly visible.

"We are the children of the moon," I playfully half-sing, but I'm shocked to hear Taehyung's voice echoing my words. I turn around and am greeted with his boxy smile. Fuck. All of these boys should be illegal.

"Noona! Where's mine?"

A clear, bright voice cuts through my mental rants on why BTS should come with a warning sign. I turn around towards the voice. Jungkook is staring (more like pouting) at me with his arms crossed. Damn. What fine arms those are indeed. Forget a warning sign, they need a "I make people melt into a puddle of goo from lust" sign.

"Yours is..." I stop to clear my throat which was suspiciously dry. "Yours is on my right thigh." As I say these words, I reach down to hike my shorts up a bit to show Jungkook his Mark.

"You are the cause of my euphoria," I echo the words of my Mark as he stares at my Mark with happiness evident on his face.

I take a deep breath and glance around me. I am surrounded by my seven soulmates. Who are all in the famous K-Pop band BTS.

Seriously, did I save the world in my last life or what?

~o0o-
____________________________

A/N: They finally met!!!!! I'm thinking of the next chapter being in BTS's P.O.V. Thoughts on that? Also, thoughts on the chapter as a whole? I know I was hinting towards Friday but this chapter did not seem to want to be typed! I apologize if it feels a little stilted/rushed. Tell me what parts are wrong and I'll see what I can do to fix it! That goes for grammar as well. Also, some of the stuff with Sean being a proxy or whatever may not be legal but if it isn't then he was just lying to scare Akari. The appendicitis story is true and actually happened to me. Please vote and comment! Until next time, my fireflies!

Edit—5/28/20-I've changed the years!!! This was originally supposed to be set in the future of 2020. Due to lack of material and other circumstances, it's now set in 2017!!!!!!

Edit—9/05/20–I changed the texting style!

Edit—02/04/22–I edited some stuff to line up with other edits (like Akari's concert outfit).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 4.1K 35
People usually meet their soulmates at the age of 15-25. Human beings are born with a heart on their right collarbone, when they see their soulmate f...
132K 8.4K 56
BTS OT7-soulmate au BTS×OC poly They say getting your soulmark when you turn 20 is the best thing to happen in your life. A bond that allows you to f...
43.4K 1.3K 20
Soulmate is someone who can be said as your other half....The one when passes by or is just near you gives you butterflies and shivers down your spin...
224K 7.3K 44
Everyone gets a Soulmate; they only get the first sign when they turn 21. Once they turn 21 a tattoo shows up over their heart. Second sign of your S...