Self love

By jazzyfizzisbubbly

Love is something we all dream about, something we feel we need or want ONLY from our "dream guy/girl" somet... More

Introduction
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25 (THE END)

chapter 1

3.9K 62 7
By jazzyfizzisbubbly

The one thing that almost every teen has in common

What is that you might ask? A memory from a famous “party.”  Whether it was making a fool out of yourself then swearing that you'd never go back or it was where you had your first kiss or where you first played truth or dare or spin the bottle, seven minutes in heaven. Hey maybe it was where you met your boyfriend or girlfriend or where your relationship was ruined and enemies were made.

Almost every teen has some memorable moment from a party who am I kidding even adults from when they were young! Please take notice that I said ALMOST that’s because I have never been to a party.

Yes because apparently Kayli Elizabeth Jessica Parker is so boring that nobody has ever and I mean ever taken it upon themselves to invite me to a party. I mean come on people even the nerds, and socially awkward people have been invited to at least one party but not me no no no no. I have never and I mean never ever be invited to a party.

I mean you’d think dating someone like David that I’d be invited to many different parties but no see that’s where your wrong they invited him and then when he asked if he could bring me they HESITANTLY said yes.

That’s not an invitation!!! That’s inviting someone and because you want that someone to come you allow them to drag along someone who nobody cared enough to invite. I’ve had girls tell me to come to their parties but if I wasn’t bringing David not to bother show up. I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE that’s not an invitation you just want my boyfriend there and since I’m his girlfriend you use me to get him to come and no it’s not what u think it is.

They don’t invite him because they want to steal him from me or at least that’s what I hope, no they invite him because he’s the life of every party. He’s that one guy that’s always popping jokes, doing crazy stuff to make everyone laugh and have a good time.

Everybody knows that if your around David you’re bound to have a good time (one of his many personality traits that I like) unlike his “weird“ girlfriend and no I AM NOT WEIRD people don’t even talk to me so how dare they make assumptions about me being weird.

You don’t know me who gives you the right to judge me .It’s like judging a book by its cover just because I’m not in every activity and I don’t dress to impress and I don’t act crazy or get bad grades or acts particularly friendly to everyone that walks by me, people just ignore me and brand me as weird.

And not the good weird where your friend does something to make you laugh and you’re like “hahha you're  so weirddddd” and jokingly push them NOOOOOOOO I mean “let’s just avoid it and maybe it will disappear weird”.

Then you have those who have the audacity! To say “but David your so outgoing and your girlfriend is so *long pause with awkward glances* different….. how do you make it work ” I AM NOT AWKWARD DIFFERENT  if anything I am the most outgoing person in my family.

As I said before just because I don’t talk to everyone that walks by me does not make me weird. I’ll have you know missy that I have the trophy for most outstanding 3rd grade debater not you but me! How’s that for weird and awkward … this my friend is where I flip my hair in your face and walk away.

Back to the main point, I mean parties are so stupid anyway why do people even go? It just a waste of time. Why on God’s earth would I go somewhere where the music is deafening, everyone is smelly and drunk, and people are doing dirty stuff making you uncomfortable. When I could be in my bed eating some pizza and watching a chick flick. They should put a band on teenager parties!!

 So why am I ranting about this to u? I’ll tell u why it’s because my neighbor the same neighbor who I I have lived beside my entire life and went to the same school to from kindergarten up until high school is having a pre-Christmas party( I mean who the hell has a pre-Christmas party that doesn’t even make sense… stupid teenagers) and DID NOT INVITE ME.

Everybody got invited I mean everybody even Abby and David and she doesn’t even know Abby and I the same person who she sees everyday did not get an invitation, but why is that bothering me so much is because I am currently holding on to the bed frame for dear sweet life in fear of falling off.

I mean my entire house is literally vibrating from the music, I can’t even hear myself think!!! I wouldn’t even be surprised if a few of the dishes down stairs have fallen of the shelf and broken. I mean you're having a house party not the whole neighborhood!!

  Does she not have any decency to turn down the music just a tad bit? Has it not occurred to my dear sweet neighbor that some people like to be sleeping at 2 am in the morning?

I was tempted to call the police to shut it off and I was pretty sure they had some pot and alcohol over there so that would make them think twice before throwing a party beside me again but my parents took my cell phone and told me that I was just being bitter because I was not invited then they took it upon themselves to torture me with their own stories of parties back in the day.

The thought of my mom on a counter drunk and dancing would be enough to drive me off into the deep end. It really doesn’t help knowing that even your parents were invited to parties and I can’t.

Made me seem just that more pathetic, anyway I tried turning up the volume of my music to 100% and putting on my headphones but I still couldn’t even hear that.

What my friend was even more disgusting was the fact that from my bedroom window I could see into the Wilson’s guest bedroom and these horny teenagers didn’t even bother pulling the curtains shut so right here from my bed I was receiving an unwanted full view of two drunk teenagers having sex.

So why not just turn on your other side? you ask (you’ve been asking way too many questions)  well I can’t I have to lay on my right side , its been a thing since I was smaller I’ve always had to sleep on my right side.

I would get up and pull my curtain shut but I was afraid that if I was standing at the window the vibration of the house would throw me through it and I don’t fancy falling from 2 stories off the ground thank you very much.

“What the hell Kay you look like he--- beautiful hehe u look beautiful”

The look I shot Abby was enough to shut her up. I gave up on trying to sleep last night after 3 in the morning . Who the hell keeps a party all night on a school night!

“Beautiful as always my lady” David said while taking my hand in his and kissing it, “I see you hand a wonderful night eh? Some party “

I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker shut. “I’m not in the mood for this David, don’t you think I’ve had enough torture for one night.”

“Correction love you mean morning… the party didn’t stop until morning“ he said with a big smile on his face. In case you’re wondering yes David did go , yes I trust him completely he has never cheated or given me any reason to not trust him at a party( he doesn’t usually get drunk either) so I don’t mind him going. And he completely gets that I won’t tag along with him to any party (that is after begging for an entire year).

“Babe the party was awesome, I bet you regret not coming right” he said raising his eyebrows

“the only thing I regret is not calling the police when I had the chance”

“Party pooper”

“butlicker”

“Real mature Kayli ….. Real mature.. You have such a way with words”

“I’ve been known for being mature and you don’t get a trophy for-

“Most outstanding 3rd grade debater“ he and Abby joined in a chorus dragging out each word with long faces

“Exactly” I said “you don’t receive such a title for no reason so it’s only expected that I have a unique way with words” Abby and David both rolled their eyes at this

“serious babe you’re in the 12th grade it’s been 9 years how long do you plan on bragging about that… it’s not even that big of a deal”

“I see that some people are a bit jealous”

“We are not jealous  Kayli , almost every kid in the grade got the same trophy it was to ensure that every kid felt good about themselves for trying”

“Haters gonna hate –

“Potatoes gonna potate” they both said again in unison

“Seriously guys let me finish my sentences!!!!”

The rest of the day went by pretty fast and soon David was pulling up to my house. I kissed him then went straight to bed, it was a long day and I was really tired. I needed to make up for my lack of sleep. But before I could even get some shut eye someone was knocking on my door

“Come in” I yelled while pulling the headband out of hair. My mom came and sat at the end of my bed then started talking.

“Honey did I just see that boy Dave drop you off”

“Once again Mom his name is David and before you say anything he’s just a friend “ I said getting up. I really didn’t want to have this conversation again with my mom, lying was never really my thing.

It's not that she didn’t approve of David she just most certainly didn’t approve of me dating yet. I blame this on dad he’s the one who claimed I need to focus on my studies and that when I started working I could find time for dating.

Well I have been dating David for almost 3 years successfully without them knowing I think and my grades haven’t fallen. They aren’t the highest but hey I’m doing pretty well if I do say so myself.

“Honey I thought your dad and I told you that we didn’t want you seeing him “

“No you said you didn’t want me dating him … I’m not dating him I’m his friend there is a difference” I said rolling my eyes

Hey don’t judge me, we’ve all lied to our parents before , not that it makes what I’m doing right.

“Kayli Parker, do not get smart with me young lady and you will not use that tone when talking to me”

“Mom I didn’t even do anything and I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful okay I’m sorry”

She sighed the turned to face me “Honey I know you're young and he seems great and you feel so in love but it won’t last and it’s only going to distract you from your studies, you have SATs coming up and if you want to get into a good school you need to focus. When he breaks your heart not only is it going to affect you emotionally and mentally but it’s going to indirectly affect other areas of your life such as your school work. This is just a phase where you think you need to be in a relationship because everyone is doing it. Its just puppy love … a high school fling ”

“When he breaks my heart” I could feel the anger boiling inside me. She didn’t know

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 6.9K 59
The worst thing in a girl's life is supposed to be a bad break up. At least, that's what Grace Tanner thought before her world came crashing down on...
267 22 11
Its a story about a teenage girl who is in senior year of her high school. She have perfect family, perfect friend, perfect boyfriend but you know in...
4.8K 286 56
After living a tedious and monotonous life growing up all she wanted was fun. Fun like getting drunk several nights a week and coming home so hung ov...
238 10 15
Love is a death of a Life and the beginning of another. All the years of apposing the idea of letting someone in and giving all of her, will it be po...