The Stories of an Immortal

Galing kay AimeeRoseC

Random short stories about different adventures in a variety of places, times and situations, from the perspe... Higit pa

The Sea Monster
The Baby for Sale
The Victorian Séance
Victoria's Ball
The Lost Tresure
Ella
Katherine Howard
The Bear Cub
My Violin
Snow White
The Ghost
The Lonely Tree
Prey
Armour
Beautiful Humans
The Merix-Fairy
Vow of Protection
Daydreaming
The Light
Lurking
My Lonely Shipwreck
The Impossible Mermaid
Held Captive
My Werewolf Friend
People
Turtles
Flying Free (Story)
Flying Free (Poem)
A Tower
Goodbye
Time
Painting the Flowers
Aged
Scars
Not Human
Flying
My Castle
If I Was a Child
The Door
Darkness
Gone Wrong
A Dark Night
Children
Snow
The Circus
A Murder - Part 1
A Murder - Part 2
Life
Failure
Two of Them
The Education System
Rapunzel and the Window
A Child of Great Evil
A Dark Pit
The End
The Duke of Ferrara
Flora Sandes
Stars of Hope
The Ticking Clock
Love
The Lovers
Anger
Almost Drowning
Crying Wolf
A Day Out
Prison
My City
The Rightful Ruler
The Loss of Everything
Hero or Villain?
Henry Wears What He Wants
The Leaf
The Loveless Hero
A Child's Dream
Perfect
Mondegreen
Colours
The Enchanted Forest

The Boy Who Lived in the Trees

35 2 0
Galing kay AimeeRoseC

When I was a small child, before the darkness consumed my life, I had two friends. One, a ghost, who has a whole other story to do her justice. Two, the boy who lived in the trees.

My house, and the others near it, was surrounded by a thin layer of trees that stood on the bank of a river. Beyond them were hills and beyond the hills was a city. But from the point of view of my bedroom window, my house was surrounded by trees.

That's where he would be. Outside the window at home or school, on my way to the shops or the park; he stayed high above the ground, the complete opposite of me.

He always reminded me of Tarzan, or Peter Pan, probably because I always saw him surrounded in a blur of green and I could never tell if he was flying like a fairy or just swinging like a monkey. He used to wave at me, every time I saw him. I never waved back. I suppose I was too scared or maybe I wasn't curious enough. Not once did I believe he wasn't real.

Was he real? No one else confirmed that he was, but then, I never told anyone about him. Why should I? He always waved at me, followed me, smiled at me. That had never happened before. So why did I feel so troubled?

The answer is that he was an anomaly. Like most things in life, he was too good to be true. He never made sense, always disappearing as soon as I blinked. But, for a few precious years, he was my friend, my companion, my saviour. He was the light at the end of the tunnel that was my childhood. There will always be a place in my heart for the boy who lived in the trees.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

56 1 5
This is a domain of one-shot stories I've written with the full capacity of my imagination that is solely written for you.
16.1K 835 48
Imagine, just for a second, let's imagine you end up somehow travelling into your favourite book. Then you started working your magic and you cosy u...
65 2 34
This is a collection of short stories centered around soulmates. Each story has its own characters, with their own conflicts, romances, hopes, and dr...
186 4 18
A collection of stories and poems and such that I have written. More will be added as time goes on. Here is a list with what I have so far: Sky's...