Setter Ace of Shiratorizawa

By worshipmezashu

[Haikyuu!xOC] [The rewrite of 𝑨𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 π‘Ίπ’‰π’Šπ’“π’‚π’•π’π’“π’Šπ’›π’‚π’˜π’‚] "Whoa, who is that?" "No idea, but she'... More

Announcement
1: The First Day
2: The Girl's Team
4: The Game Pt. 2
5: The Game Pt. 3
6: Practice and Recognition
7: Aoibajohsai
8: Confrontation and Memories
9: Stars and Bonding
10: Saturday
11: Assumptions and Group Chats
12: Practice Match #1
13: Three On Three
14: Practice Match #2 and New Friends
15: New Setter and Practice Match #3
16: New Roomie and Crushes~
17: Tendō and Extra Practice
18: Prelim Matchups, Moving and Memes
19: Prelims Begin
20: Ace Not Just Setter
21: The Finals
22: Azusa's Redemption
23: The Next Day
24: Begging and Oikawa
25: Aobajohsai Third Years
26: Fun and Confessions
27: Leaving
28: Start Of Training Camp
29: Bokuto, Akaashi and Texts
30: The Quick and Sleep Over
31: Day After and Realizations
32: Advice and Warnings
33: Plans and Confessions
34: Nationals
35: The Rescue Twins
36: Poof
37: Adjustments
38: PrObLeMs
39: The Boys
40: Alls Well That Ends Well
41: Pain
42: Reunions
43: Ushiwaka's Girlfriend
44. Filler
45. The Finals - Part One
46. The Finals - Part Two
47. The Finals - Part Three
48. The Finals - Part Four
49. The Finals - Part Five
50. Epilogue

3: The Game Pt. 1

30K 964 480
By worshipmezashu

It was finally the end of the school week, and I was looking forward to seeing my brother. I got up at 6am and started getting ready, which sturred Goshiki from his sleep.

"Kaz? What are you doing?" He groaned, sitting up slightly and rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, did I wake you? Sorry.." I apologized as he looked at the clock.

"It's six in the morning on a Saturday, what are you doing?" Goshiki repeated, then yawned.

"I'm heading out, you can go back to sleep"

"What do you mean heading out? The cafeteria isn't even open yet, dumbass." He grumbled, laying back down.

"Just go back to sleep before you can't." I giggled.

"Fine, have fun I guess. See you." He hummed as he snuggled back into his pillow, his hair falling over his face as he went back to sleep.

Slipping my shoes on, I grabbed my Shiratorizawa jacket, volleyball bag, phone and keys before quietly making my way out the door.

It was a nice walk out of Shiratorizawa, the fresh morning air making me shiver slightly. When I saw a figure jogging towards me, I stopped and squinted. "Oh, hey Ushiwaka!" I greeted warmly as he grew closer.

"Hello Kazane." He nodded to me, pausing in his jog.

"Up already, morning jog?" I asked.

"Yes. And you?" The ace returned, to which I shrugged.

"I'm heading out to see my brother," I explained, "so I'd better go. Have fun on the rest of your run!"

"Thank you. Have a good day." Ushiwaka said, then continued to jog as I went to the entrance and exited the school grounds.

I met up with Tobio by our house street corner. "Morning little bro." I grinned as I ruffled his hair. Frowning, he fixed his hair as we started walking. "So how's school going?"

"It's fine, I don't really care about that." The male shrugged. "I'm a bit more positive about the outcome of the match though."

"That's good." I smiled happily, "School for me is going great, and volleyball is pretty fun too. I've become close friends with the boy's team too-"

"Really?!" Tobio turned to me, excitement in his eyes. "Tell me everything."

"Uh well there's a lot of people, my roommate is actually on the team, his name is Goshiki and he's a first year. Then there's Tendō, he's literally already my best friend he's just that awesomely weird." I laughed, then went on to describe everyone else.

"And what about your team?"

"I'm really excited about my team too," I smirked, "I don't think anyone can beat what we have going."

"If you say so." Tobio muttered. The rest of the walk to Karasuno was filled with him ranting about Hinata and how terrible he is at everything besides jumping.

~•~

"Hellooo!" I waved enthusiastically as I appeared in the gym. My brother and the orange haired boy were outside, practically dying as they had raced each other to the door.

"Oh, hello. Do we know you?" A dad-like make furrowed his eyebrows, and I shook my head.

"Nope! I'm Kazane Kageyama, nice to meet you!" I bowed.

"Kageyama?" He frowned, looking behind me as my twin nodded. "Then again, I do see the resemblance."

"That's because we're twins!" I wrapped my arm around Tobio's neck, giving him a noogie as he struggled and Hinata laughed his ass off, along with some other people I hadn't met. "By the way, you can call me Kazane, or Kaz, or Zane."

"Sure, nice to meet you. I'm Daichi Sawamura." The captain smiled, shaking my hand. "So you're here to watch?"

"Actually if it's cool with you and Tanaka-" I kept my arm around Tobio as he struggled, "I'd like to play with them! You can say no, I don't mind."

"Uuuhhhhh," Daichi glanced at a bald dude and a white haired dude.

"So you wanna play huh? Let's see what ya got!" The buzzcut dude grinned, "I'm Tanaka by the way!"

"Cool! Tobio, come on let's warm up~"

"Can you please let go of me Kazane?"

"Go get a ball dork."

"Thank god." He groaned as I finally let him go, causing me to laugh.

Tanaka and Hinata started warming up as Tobio grabbed a ball and tossed it at me. I passed it back, then he set me up. Hitting it at him, he drug it up so I set the ball for him to hit at me.

"Wow, they're really fluid." Daichi told the white haired male, who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, their movements are so in sync it's hypnotizing."

We continued to go back and forth for a while until I got bored and hit it really hard at him, making it shank. "Seriously?" He glared at me as I shrugged.

"Can we hit now?" I pouted at Tobio, to which he sighed but nodded. Jogging to grab the ball cart, I called Hinata and Tanaka so that they could hit as well.

Tobio hit the ball at me, so I passed it back to him and got ready to spike. He set, and after seeing the ball, I started my approach. Jumping, I slammed the ball in front of the ten foot before landing and giving my brother a thumbs up. He just scoffed.

"Holy crap."

"Um do you go to school here?" Daichi called as the white haired male looked at me in astonishment.

"Nope." I grinned, winking as I scuttled my way to the back of the line.

"Daichi, I'm pretty sure if Kazane played, they'd win without a doubt, but it's up to you." I heard the white haired dude say, to which Daichi nodded. I sighed, I knew I probably wasn't gonna get to play.

Suddenly, my ringtone rang throughout the gym, making me pause. "That's me, sorry!" I said, jogging over to my bag and getting out my phone. Its was Goshiki. "Yo."

"Kazzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy!" Tendō's voice whined through the phone. "Where are youuuuuuuuuu? Goshiki and Ushiwaka said you left this morning."

"Yeah I did, why do you have Goshiki's phone?"

"Because he's the only one who has your number."

"I see." I chuckled, "I'm in the middle of warming up for a game."

"Ooooooh where ya playin?"

"At Karasuno."

"Huh? What's Karasuno? Is that that new gym that opened last month?"

"No stupid, it's a school."

"Oh. Wait, why are you at another school right now? As far as I know the girl's aren't even awake right now."

"Yeah, that's because I'm playing with the boy's team."

"HUH?! ARE YOU REPLACING ME?!"

"No dumbass, Karasuno is where my brother goes to school and he offered to let me play with them."

"Ah, well, don't work yourself ragged! Have some fun over there and do me proud!"

"Yeah, later Tendō. Don't cause Ushiwaka any problems."

"I would never~"

"Who the fuck was that?" Tobio asked as soon as I had ended the call.

"Watch your language little brother. That happened to be Tendō." I smiled happily after bopping him on the back of the head. He just gave me a scowl as he rubbed the spot I had hit him.

"I'm not your little brother, Kazane."

"Keep telling yourself that, Tobi."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"Oooookay, we are not going to go there." Daichi broke us up, the others in the gym watching with their hands over their mouths, trying not to laugh out loud.

"Hey, I haven't properly introduced myself yet," The white haired male smiled at me, "I'm Koshi Sugawara."

"Nice to meet you Sugawara! What position do you play?" I asked as I grinned widely at him.

"I'm the setter." He told me, and my eyes lit up.

"Dude that's awesome!"

"Uhh it's not really that special or anything..." The white haired male trailed off, laughing sheepishly.

"Well as my brother always says, the setter is the team's control tower so it is indeed very special." I said. Sugawara just laughed it off.

"Alright guys, I think we should get started." Daichi announced. "Sorry Kazane, I don't think it would be fair to let you play."

"Aw that's okay. I guess i would scare the life out of the other first years so I guess I'll just watch." I shrugged, and I could see a reaction out of the brown haired first year and the one with the glasses.

"Please, as if we're intimidated by someone who can hit the ten foot without a block, anyone could do that." The glasses guy shrugged.

"Oh yeah? What if I did it with a block? Give me a three man block, right now." I challenged.

"I'm gonna have to say no to that, we really need to get started." Daichi bowed slightly in apology, but I waved him off before finding my way up to the balcony. Daichi was apparently going to be playing with the other two first years, and Tanaka was playing with my brother and Hinata. I was excited to see Hinata play again.

It started off with a block kill from Tsukishima, then two kills from Tanaka which were pretty cool. "YEEAAAHHH!" Tanka yelled, taking his shirt off and waving it around like a mad man. I couldn't hold in a laugh, facepalming. Everyone else told him to put his shirt back on and stop making a fuss, basically.

For the next serve, Tobio sent the set to Hinata, and to say I was surprised would be an understatement. Dang, he can still jump, I thought as I watched him meet the ball. Reminds me of me. But then I winced as the ball got shut down by Tsukishima. Only, I can get through the block, I thought to myself as Hinata looked annoyed.

"You took me by surprise before, you've got a really nice jump. Now, if only you were a foot taller, you'd be a real superstar." Tsukishima taunted. "Better start taking your vitamins."

"Hey that's RUDE!" I yelled, "At least act like a good sport during a game, or you're gonna get a red card!"

"Calm down up there!" Sugawara called, and I humphed in annoyance.

"Geez, who even is that?" Tsukishima wondered out loud as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I'M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

"KAZANE STOP YOU'RE GONNA FALL IF YOU LEAN OVER ANY FARTHER!" My twin yelled at me, so I sighed and crossed my arms, causing him to sigh as well. "Damn her."

"Well then, let's continue." Tsukishima said. And so they did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 588 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...
39K 788 44
[Going Through Editing] Hi there! I'm Oikawa Midori and yes, I'm the sister of that flat-ass, annoying brat, Oikawa Toru. I'm a 1st year at Aoba Josh...
191K 5.2K 21
{Rewriting} [L/N] [Y/N], a first-year student at Karasuno High who just moved around town. Her cousin, Shimizu Kiyoko suggested her to enroll there a...
96K 3K 57
Moving to Miyagi to live with her sister Kiyoko, it was the second time she made a decision that pulled her away from the future that her reputation...