Open fire

Από white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... Περισσότερα

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 2 "I wish for something else"

76 4 0
Από white_lies_me

"Okay, that should be plenty " Luke informs as he zipps up the last bag you've prepared. It was about five in the morning, the usual start of travel for your group. Although you haven't unpacked from yesterday there were some things that needed to be added, just in case.

"Great, but how will we know in which tunnel to go through?" Michael asks, putting his bag on.

"Our ancestors used to draw little pictures that showed which tunnel to follow. The barrier looks like half a circle that's white" Charlie explains, everybody taking the information in. Seems simple enough, doesn't it?

"Right, let's get going" Ashton says, hugging Charlie, the rest doing so too afterwards. You said your fairwels to your mom, Ash did too, Luke and Sarah to their parents and Michael to his. Crystal and Sierra didn't really want to say goodbye to their, but oh well.

"Let's hope for the best" Charlie smiles warmly at you, everyone returns a small smile transforming.

"Let's hope so" you add, starting to run, Calum of course first, everyone following. It's been quite a while, the dark circles returned under your eyes, tiredness would kick in occasionally, but there was this excitement you couldn't get rid off. Not because of th situation, but because of the nostalgic feeling.

***

It was simple running through the tunnels, taking short breaks here and there, you couldn't afford to waste time. There were some pretty small tunnels, others you could easily slip through, it was fascinating to know they've been here for so long. It's passed a few hours now, too many for your liking though. You were out of your game, being lazy is so much easier.

"Can we please continue tomorrow? I'm really tired" Crystal admits, stoping in her tracks.

"I agree, please" you add, sitting down. Your muscles hurt a little and you could use a bite to eat honestly.

"Alright, everyone turn back and set your sleeping bags" Calum chimes in. After twenty minutes everything was set, some were eating a snack they brought from home, others just peacefully laying down, a chill evening.

"Crys are you sure you're good?" you softly ask her as you take a seat beside her.

"I am Willow, don't worry" she reassures you. Although you didn't trust that, after knowing these guys for that long you could tell things aren't like they say they are.

"But you look really pale" you admit worried, but she shakes her head, seeming annoyed.

"No, it's just that Michael won't leave me alone. It used to be cute, but now he's a bit overprotective" she explains.

"Why don't you tell him then?" weird, Mikey was overprotective, he learned that because of your past, but he always let you have your space.

"I did, but he sometimes does it just out of habit. Kind of like something's telling him to do so" she says, laying down. You thought about what to say for a second as you took a glance at Mike.

"Well, you are mates after all, maybe that?" you try to reason her, but she shakes her head once more. Crys could be a very stubborn person when she's cranky, for instance now.

"So are you and Calum, but he can leave you alone. Same thing with Luke and Sierra" she answers, you furrowed your eyebrows. She then coughs a little, oh God.

"Babe are you okay?" Michael quickly asks, crouching down next to her.

"Can everyone please stop saying that!?" she snaps, clearly fed up with this. You felt bad for Mike, but you also understood Crystal, they'll be fine in a few days after her sickness is gone.

"Sorry, we're just worried..." he whispers, getting up and continuing his chat with Ashton.

"I'll leave you be, you're probably right, it's nothing" you offer a small smile and get up.

-

"How long are these tunnels? How did people even have the will to build all of these?" Sarah asks, more herself than you as she bites her sandwich.

"God knows how long it took them too" Mali adds, mesmerised just by looking where the end of the tunnel is.

"It's good that they did what they did" you say, them nodding in agreement.

"Hey Cal, did Charlie tell you anything else about these tunnels?" you question as he sits down next to you.

"Not much, no. I don't think he even knows a lot about them" he shrugs. You chatted a bit more, the sleepiness slowly getting to all of you. About an hour more everyone was softly tucked in, only breathing and small snores echoed throughout the long tunnels. What a strange day, you're really worried about what's to come. You just hope that whatever it is it's not permanent.

***

The second day of your journey to the barrier felt much quicker, even if you were walking more than running. Some tunnels lead outside so you had to be extremely careful just in case humans were truly there before entering another one.
Charlie was right, there were symbols all around, red dines for the red desert you visited, there were mountains that were labeled with letters N, S, W and E for the four sides of the world and then the white, half circle, the barrier, just to name a few. You payed more attention to your friends, all kinds of memories flooding back, the travelling, the lack of sleep, dangerous situations. Sure, maybe not all of them were happening right now, but it felt as if you were sixteen again. People did change, everyone, you could see the it on them, in them, physically and mentally. It made you somewhat sad, the time sure does fly.
Mali was a much more open person and she took part in almost all of the conversations, Sarah wasn't as silly as she used to be and she stuck with talking to one or two people at a time, usually Ashton. Sierra and Luke seemed happy, free, as if they knew what the other one would be doing even on the other side of the world. Michael did stay close to Crystal the whole day, she didn't seem to mind that much, but you had to take a couple more breaks because of her, she was getting a lot more tired which wasn't usual for her. Calum and you shared looks the whole day, some playful sprinting in front of eachother, just like the good old times. The second day came to an end, the sleep taking over all of you as you were safely wrapped in Cal's arms.

***

It was about noon on the third day, everything was going the same untill you had to go out on yet another tunnel. It seemed that the closer you got the more you had to be outside, you wonder why.

"Another one, seriously?" Sierra said in an irritated voice.

"That means we're getting closer" Ashton says, squeezing through the hole that led outside.

"Ah, the sunlight, it burns" Michael whines, his eyes squinting.

"If they were real, I would've mistaken you for a vampire Clifford" Sarah says, chuckling, resulting in him nudging her lightly.

"Come on then, I just wanna get over there at last" Luke rolls his eyes, focusing your attention on actually moving. You walked quietly through woods, taking in the warm breeze and light wind blowing in your fur. But soon enough you heard a loud buzzing in the air, followed by a really strong wind.

"What the hell is that?" Sarah asks, by the way her fur rose up she was scared.

"Take cover, it's coming closer" Calum orders, using the shadows of the trees surrounding you to hide. Everyone does the same untill in the sky a flying machine appears, the blades spinning fast, giving it the ability of flight.

"Is that a helicopter?" Ashton asks, terrified. Mali nods slowly as her eyes dart across the machine, your too never leaving it.

"So... It's true" Crystal chokes out. The barrier is broken.

"We're in so much trouble" Sarah finishes the sentence. The machine flies over you, leaving you a moment to get to the entrance of the next tunnel. You were frozen for a second, but you weren't going to let the situation get to you.

"Guys we have to go before it comes back" you say, trying to distract them from the helicopter. Everybody safely gets in the tunnel, shifting back.

"

I can't believe it" Calum whispers, a loud sigh leaving his lips.

"Please let this be a dream" Ashton begs, even though you all know it's not.

"I wish it was Ash" Sarah adds, everyone silent, trying to process what to your next move is.

***

"So we should inform Charlie then?" Sierra finally breaks the silence. You could tell that you were at loss of words, everyone, it was just so hard to get it in your head. This changes the way everything works, both worlds, you can't let humans see you that's for sure.

"Yes, do that now and then we have to figure something out" Calum says, standing up and pacing around. You watch as Sierra goes outside the tunnel to get in contact with Charlie. You were shaking, how could you not? Humans know this world exists and it's just petrifying, they know nothing about it, but that's even worse. Your people are trapped here and are waiting for your alpha to think of a solution to this chaos. Both sides are confused and shocked, your priority is your people of course, but the only solution you could think of is somehow bringing the barrier back up. Sierra comes back after a few minutes, not daring to look at any of you. As said, you have no plan, you don't think Charlie does either.

"So?" Calum says, a bit harshly.

"Calm down mate" Luke whispers not to annoy him, Cal sighs knowing that was uncalled for.

"What did he say?" he repeats, normally this time.

"He said that the only way we could do something is go to the human world to the address that Zaine gave you for supplies. He say that you'll know what after" she explains. Everyone shared looks, going to the human world does not seem like a good idea.

"In Perth, oh no" he sighs, looking at the ground.

"Well, if we plan on this all ending I'll go wherever" Ashton protests, you agreed with him.

"We have to go straight away" Michael adds, no hesitation in his voice.

"I know we do Michael, I'm just thinking of how" Calum says rather harshly again.

"It's okay bro, let's just first follow the tunnels to the barrier and then we'll think of everything else" Mali says very calmly.

"That's a good plan. We'll just travel as far as we can today and hopefully tomorrow we'll be at the barrier" you smile lightly. Everybody gives their approves and waits for Calum, who had a small smile again.

"Seems like you're the real leaders here" he chuckles. "No, just cause you're an asshole sometimes doesn't mean we don't need you" Luke reassures him, as they laugh.

"Okay then, come on guys" he says, shifting, everyone doing so too and finally you were back to your regular pace.

***

"Holy shit" you say, breathless, "This is really happening".

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Tall l.h. Από NatashaPavlova

Γενικό Φαντασίας

8.4K 339 133
Luke Hemmings Fanfic. First one, so be nice. So....read it and stuff....please...? Beta: @hyppogirl
480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
17.4K 477 24
What if... What if you were flying, but without wings to carry you? What if you communicated with words, without really saying them? What if you were...
488 6 32
"Lucy listen to me! Everything is going to be ok. Trust me" "Calum... I can't trust you. He's already ruined my life before so how do I know you won'...