descent | 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 [HIATUS]

بواسطة totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. © totheiakes The Orig... المزيد

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗

𝟎𝟕

18.8K 626 497
بواسطة totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory Gilbert, for one, is absolutely furious. After Elijah's— to put it quite frankly, shameless— display of violence and aggression, the brunette knew that the jig was up. The entire reason that they had this party was to call upon a truce with the people of New Orleans, and now that Elijah has just presented his violent temper on a silver platter, it gave Rory an extremely foreboding feeling in her chest.

"Thank you so much for coming," Rory's lips twist into a saccharine smile as she ushers out the last of the guests, lowering her head in an apologetic manner. "And I am so sorry for the disruption caused by the earlier actions of my dear friend Elijah. You know how the Mikaelsons are."

The woman gives Rory a look of distaste as she leaves past the gates. Rory exhales the breath she had no idea she was holding as Jasper comes to a stop in front of her, his lips pressed together in a thin line. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the underlying tone in his face— the people of New Orleans were not happy.

"What are the chances you can fix what happened tonight?" Rory asks in an unsure manner.

"16%. I used a calculator," Jasper responds. He flashes Elijah a look over his shoulder, turning to face Rory once more. "Between you and I, I think you might need to forget keeping that fiancé of yours on a leash— it's his brother you have to worry about."

"I'll talk to him. Thanks, Jasper," Rory places a hand on his shoulder, squeezing softly in support. Jasper gives her another nod, closing the gates of the Abattoir as he disappears into the roads of Bourbon Street. Rory turns to face Elijah, ripping the gloves off her hands as she strides towards him. She smacks him against the chest with cloth angrily. "What the hell was that about?"

"What was what?" Elijah asks in a shameless manner.

"That, Elijah. You single handedly ruined a party that was meant to create peace between the fractions of New Orleans!" Rory snaps.

"Dominic was a spy for the Hollow. Should I have just let him walk free instead?"

Rory gives him an incredulous look. "Elijah, you are smarter than this— you and I both know that. What you did tonight is completely out of character for you; what the fuck is going on?"

Before Elijah could reply, Kai and Klaus enter the courtyard. They look unharmed enough, but they did have a few spots of blood here and there. Rory can only assume it was the blood of the Hollow's followers. Rory gives the two of them a look of relief— at least one thing came up solid for the night.

"What's going on?" Klaus inquires, sensing the tense energy in the room.

Rory disregards his question. "Did Sofya's tip check out?"

"Yup," Kai pops the 'p'. "All is well. Wiped out some bad guys, grabbed a snack."

Rory licks her lips, shaking her head with a look of disgruntlement. "I bet Sofya's just fiending to know what's up with Marcel," she mutters as she stalks past Klaus. She slaps her gloves against his chest to make her way out of the courtyard. "And if you want to know what happened, ask your brother!" Rory calls, swinging the gate closed behind her.

Rory is right to assume that Sofya would be steadily awaiting Marcel's return. The older vampire is sat on the bench near the Quarter, one of her legs crossed over the other. Rory comes to a stop in front of her, letting her arms hang by her sides.

"Where is he?" Sofya immediately questions.

"All of this for a man," Rory responds.

"I think you should be the last person to tell me that, given you and your fiancé's history," Sofya retorts. She crosses her arms over her chest. "Where is Marcel?" she repeats her question.

Rory smiles. "Don't worry, he's safe and sound."

"We had a deal. You gave me your word," Sofya's lips twist into an ugly scowl as she stands up, furious at Rory's response.

"I've come to learn that words really mean nothing— at the end of the day, it's my choice on whether I choose to deliver. I choose not," Rory takes a step towards Sofya, quirking an eyebrow. "This is my city now. And I don't care if you're angry, I don't care if you're displeased— until the Hollow is properly dealt with and I can ensure Marcel doesn't play a threat to my family, I'll make sure to take good care of him."

Sofya lets out a soft round of laughter under her breath. Hurt and anger is clear in her gaze as she opens her mouth to speak. "You know, people would always go on and on about you. How you're so kind, and you're so great. Rory Gilbert would never hurt anyone— if only they knew the snake you actually are," Sofya hisses. "You are just as much of a monster as that family. This little façade of yours? It's going to get old. People aren't going to be fooled anymore. They're going to know that ugly heart."

"Your boyfriend thinks my heart is very pretty," Rory tilts her head to the side, a small smile on her lips. "I've had my fair share of shit thrown in my direction, Sofya. I've earned this ugliness— quite frankly, I'm surprised people still underestimate me. Me— the real me— has been standing here all along. You see, when someone sees something beautiful, it's rare they want to disturb that vision. I've never tried to hide the person I am, Sofya. People just choose to overlook it."

Rory turns on her heel to walk away, but Sofya calls out for her once more. "You don't even want to know why I despise that family so much?" she asks. "Why I was so determined to rid the world of Niklaus Mikaelson?"

Rory turns around to face her, folding her hands. "I've always liked a bedtime story."

"Five hundred years ago," Sofya begins. "A Russian village named Kalach— a nice summer day. Big, happy family, outdoor wedding feast. I'd gone off to get more wine; I returned to see him feeding on my sister. The wedding party...my entire family...all dead. I hid and watched what he did."

Rory's expression doesn't change. "If you think that a story about the loss of an entire family is going to sway my decision, I'm afraid I have to tell you not to get your hopes up. I'm so sorry that Klaus did that to your family, but I can't let you kill him— I still have to marry him," Rory gives her a sweet smile. "I'm glad he made sure to confiscate your weapons, though; I wouldn't want you to get ambitious."

"Careful not to overplay your hand, Rory," Sofya calls out as Rory turns to walk off. "That loyalty you speak of from the city will soon come to an end now that you've dropped the mask. Turns out what's buried on the inside isn't so pretty."

Rory doesn't turn around to give Sofya a backward glance, continuing to walk back towards the courtyard. She hears Sofya stalk off in the other direction, the brunette entering the compound once more.  Klaus turns to face her, rushing towards her in an urgent manner.

"Are you alright? Did she hurt you?" Klaus inquires, placing his hands over Rory's shoulders, giving her a nervous once over.

"Nik, I'm fine," Rory says, placing a hand over his. "I can take care of myself."

"Pardon me for being a worried fiancé," Klaus mutters as he relaxes, Rory intertwining their fingers together. He tugs the brunette against his chest, placing a soft kiss against the top of her head. "Have I mentioned how beautiful you look tonight?"

"You have, once or twice," Rory giggles as his lips trail down over the side of her cheek, brushing against her cheekbone.

"Allow me to tell you a hundred times more," Klaus murmurs.

Elijah clears his throat, giving the couple an irritated glance. "Did you retrieve all the weapons?" Elijah questions, shifting his eyes between both Kai and Klaus.

"Well, I don't know— let's confirm with Dominic, shall we? Oh wait, we can't. His corpse is currently burning in a dumpster," Klaus spits, clearly displeased with how his brother had chosen to end the night. "I try to avoid bloodshed, you become the town executioner."

"And I'm pretty weirded out by these turn of events," Kai comments as he leans against the couch, crossing his arms over his chest. "I thought Kenneth was the shitty brother and you were supposed to be the nice one, Elliot. What happened?"

Elijah clenches his jaw. "Just let me handle this."

"Why exactly should I do that?" Klaus retorts.

"Hope." Elijah states.

Klaus, Kai and Rory roll their eyes in sync. "You see, it's precisely because of her that I have to assert my involvement," Klaus responds. "So, brother— tell me what you know."

Elijah looks between the three of them once more, before letting out a sigh. "This thing wants to be reborn; this morning, Vincent said that whenever it resurfaces, it does so in four distinct locations. I can't tell why."

Hayley suddenly enters the courtyard. Kai, oddly, shifts in the opposite direction. He picks up a glass of alcohol, lowering his head as he rubs his finger against the tip of his nose in an awkward manner. Rory lifts an eyebrow, gazing curiously between the two.

Hayley doesn't seem to notice the awkward tension. "It's looking for something. Four things, by the sound of it, and I'm pretty sure that I have one of them," Hayley lifts what looks like a jaw bone. "My parents were killed protecting this from one of the Hollow's followers."

Kai swallows a mouthful of bourbon. "That makes sense," he states. "When a witch wants to come back to life or some shit, you need to find their remains. AKA their bag of bones. I'm guessing that," Kai points in a less than graceful manner at the bone sitting on the table. "Is a part of...it."

"Lucky me," Hayley says in a sarcastic manner. "Who has the other three?"

"Dominic. Dominic said that he had found something here," Elijah states.

Rory rests her head against Klaus' chest, feeling his arm tighten around her securely. "You're telling me there's a bag of ancient bones somewhere here?" Rory asks in an unimpressed manner.

"No. But there is one," Klaus suddenly states, as if coming to a realisation. "Dominic's death was a distraction."

"They used our own deception against us," Elijah says in disbelief.

"This thing has followers everywhere. They've infiltrated the entire city— if they get to the other bones before we do..." Hayley trails off.

"Then they may well try to raise this monstrosity, and it will come for us all." Klaus finishes.

"Dun dun dun," Kai says in a dramatic fashion, making everyone turn to him. "What? You're telling me that moment didn't call for a dun dun dun?"

/. ₓ˚.✧ ━━━

The next morning, Rory feels...odd. She doesn't exactly know how to place where it stems from, but she knows it's not a nice feeling. It's weird, though— it's not like she has a reason to feel that way. She wakes up in her fiancé's arms, just the way she likes. She feels Klaus press a kiss over the back of her shoulder before he clambers off the bed, stalking towards the shower.

For some reason, she just can't brush off the feeling of unease.

She sits up in her bed, rubbing her hands over the sides of her face. She grabs one of Klaus' shirts off the ground, tugging it over her head. Hearing the shower switch on, she takes his momentary distraction as an opportunity to close the door behind her and step out into the hallway. She runs a hand through her hair, walking down the staircase.

She stops as she sees Kai sitting by himself on the couch, staring into nothing in particular. "Kai?" Rory inquires. Kai lifts his head, nodding in response to her greeting. Rory drops herself onto the couch beside him, seeing the bags under his eyes. "You okay?"

"Duh," there's a fakeness in Kai's tone that's easy for Rory to detect. Her lips downturn into a small frown as he sips on his cup of coffee.

"Is this about Hayley?"

"Why the hell would anything be about Hannah?"

Rory pokes her tongue against her cheek. "So it is about her, then," she says. Kai doesn't respond. "You want to talk about it?"

"No, Rory. I don't want to talk about it— I don't want to talk about how she's obviously in love with Elliot and no matter how many times we kiss, it's not going to change that," Kai hisses under his breath, clearly growing agitated. "I was right about what I said— feelings are crappy and stupid, and for dumb people who obviously don't love themselves."

Rory sighs. "You know, when you have feelings for someone, it's going to be a little complicated. Especially when...especially when it's the kind of feelings that Hayley has for Elijah," Rory explains. Kai simply rolls his eyes. "I don't know what happened between you two, and I don't want to make any judgements or assumptions. But if Hayley doesn't choose you, then she's missing out. You're a great person, Kai, and you would make an amazing boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Kai scoffs. "What are we? In middle school?"

"Brushing aside how you really feel and replacing it for humour isn't going to take those feelings away," Rory states. Kai clamps his mouth shut. "If you feel hurt about Hayley, it's going to continue to hurt. But only as much as you let it. If she rejected you, move on. You're Kai Parker, for god sakes. You're a talented witch, a powerful vampire and you're an honorary Mikaelson. Anybody would be stupid to turn you down."

"Pretty sure the honorary Mikaelson bit is kinda what makes people turn me down," Kai comments. Rory purses her lips, unamused. Kai exhales. "Fine. Whatever. Thanks, I guess."

"It's fine. I care about you a lot, Kai," Rory replies sweetly.

"That's nice. Since you obviously really care about me and love me and everything, this is probably the right time to tell you that Freya put a boundary spell on the compound— no one's getting out or coming in," Kai responds.

Rory's eyes widen. "What?"

Kai stands up, holding his arms up in surrender. "Don't shoot the messenger— or kill him...or rip him to shreds like how your fiancé looks like he wants to do right now," Kai gestures over Rory's shoulder, seeing Klaus standing at the staircase with a steadily darkening loon on his face. "It's for your own protection or whatever; Freya didn't really spare me the details."

"Kai!" Rory exclaims in anger as Kai stalks backwards out of the courtyard.

"Sorry!" Kai calls.

"Kai!" Klaus shouts as he descends the staircase. "Siphon the spell right this instant!"

"No can do— I'm more scared of your sister than I am of you!" Kai wiggles his fingers into a wave. "Sorry not sorry. Bye!"

Kai disappears before either Rory or Klaus could protest. The couple exchange looks of shock with wide eyes, clearly not expecting the heretic's news.

"What the hell?" Rory inquires.

"Freya," Klaus growls under his breath, pacing back and forth over the floors. "Why would she do this? I'm not the one that has to be kept on a leash here, it's obviously Elijah that's off his bloody rocker!"

"Listen, you and I both know that Freya doesn't do things without reason, so maybe—"

"There is no maybe!"

"Hey, stop yelling," Rory snaps. "I hate it when you yell," Rory wraps her arms around herself, Klaus' shoulders slumping at her words. "It scares me. And I know that this isn't exactly an ideal situation, but it's one that we're stuck in, okay? Kai's obviously not going to siphon the barrier spell so it's game over for the both of us."

"Rory, I can't be trapped here," Klaus voices quietly. Rory parts her lips at his words, surprised at the gentle tone. "This place...this house. I can't be trapped here again. Not after..."

Not after suffering in that same underground dungeon for five years.

Rory takes a step forward, placing a hand on his arm. "Nik," she says softly. "I'm so sorry. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I am. And nothing will ever fix the damage that I caused you by leaving you down there, and as much as you tell me that my presence eased you, there is nothing that can make up for what I did. Those five years will be years that you won't ever be able to get back, and I know you feel trapped, and...and scared—"

"I'm not scared of anything," Klaus interjects.

"Stop," Rory states firmly. "You know full well that you don't have to play this part with me. You never did. Don't hide what you feel, not from me— I would never judge you," Rory squeezes his arm softly. "It's okay to be scared, and to feel...to feel claustrophobic. Honestly, after what you've been through, I wouldn't blame you whatsoever. But you're not in that dungeon anymore, Nik. You're here, you're with Hope. You're with your family."

"I'm with you," Klaus finally says. He turns around to face her, his gaze softening in defeat. He places a hand over Rory's cheek. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything," Rory nods.

"You're right," Klaus admits. "Those five years were years of my life that I would never be able to get back. I suffered in that dungeon, alone. I loathed Marcel for what he did to me, but I would never, ever, blame you. When you came down to see me— when I could...when I could hear your footsteps in the kitchen upstairs, baking some sweet treat for the day, I felt...safe. I could barely understand it— I've never felt safe. But you...I knew that you were there. Unconditionally, determined. I heard you fight for me everyday for five years, my darling. My misery was caused by a plentiful of things, but it was not at your hand."

Rory lifts her hand, cupping the back of Klaus' neck. "I won't leave you," she says softly. "I won't leave you ever again. I promise you."

Klaus presses his lips against Rory's forehead. "It's us against the world, sweetheart."

author's note,    woahhh this chapter was difficult
to write as i am slowly coming to the conclusion that
season 4 is just a shit show. barely understood shit,
attention span was literally hanging by a thread. julie
plec really fucked up after season three and that's just
sad... all for a spin off that shoves aside the main
character and reduces her to a love interest. but wtv.

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even if it was
a little boring :( let me know what you guys think
anyway. comment and vote for more! love you.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

408K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
528K 13.8K 38
eventually, everything connects. klaus mikaelson x fem!oc the originals, season one-two 2018 | © heavcnlyrising
27.9K 962 10
The Vampire Diaries Season Three to TBD Kol mikaelson x OC
8.9K 418 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...