golden | taekook

By iadorekoo

一 i knew you were way too bright for me. a sad skaterboy meets a small ravenette in the park, and he tells hi... More

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
epilogue.

nineteen.

6.7K 602 62
By iadorekoo

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [과일]
↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩 ꒱

there was a slight breeze that tuesday morning. it must have been coming from the open window in his bedroom, something jungkook had a bad habit of forgetting to close before he goes to bed for the night.

he was about to close it, a leg hanging off the side and representing the slight attempt to leave the warmth of his covers. what stopped jungkook was the sound of footsteps getting closer. the floorboards in the hallways were old, creaking under pressure and revealing who was on their way over. it was easy to tell who was coming based on their steps.

that just made jungkook pull his leg up and under the sheets so quick, closing his eyes and hoping his roommate would leave him alone.

namjoon opened the door to the room, a audible sigh escaping his lips as he saw the open window and the sleeping boy. no wonder he seemed to have several more blankets than necessary huddled around his small frame. "jungkook," the older male said, "you need to wake up soon. ms. jung will be here in a hour."

that only made jungkook want to sleep some more, to avoid the lessons and the dumb repetition of pointless notebook work that seemed to lead no where— wait. jungkook remembered something. he remembered those words, everything he's overheard from namjoon and his teacher and his therapist, and now taehyung. they all talked about him like he wasn't there, like an outcast once again.

jungkook had decided maybe it was time to suck it up, to give up on thinking things would change. it was doing no good. this is how things were gonna be, and he needed to grow up and face that reality.

"okay." the small boy said, pushing the covers off and sitting up on the edge of the mattress. he rubbed at his eyes, and if he could see the shocked look on his hyungs face he may have giggled.

"okay?" namjoon resorted, eyes blinking. "wait, you're listening to me?"

jungkook just nodded and felt on the sheets for the hoodie he left there. he tugged the article of clothing over his head and further messed with the mop of black locks on his head. "did you make breakfast?" the boy asked.

"um, i can." namjoon was still a little confused at the boys off behavior. mornings like this typically consisted of more stubbornness and slight brattyness sprinkled in there. "what are you in the mood for?"

"fruit." jungkook said thoughtfully, following his roommate back out to the kitchen. the older went the fridge while the younger took a seat on one of the stool at the breakfast bar. "we need more than just fruit, bun." namjoon said to the boy. "make those sausages you like."

jungkook smiled at the idea and nodded, hopping off the stool and going towards the freezer. namjoon stepped out of the way and grabbed a pan for the ravenette, setting it on the oven and turning on the heat for him. "it's ready for you." he said, and jungkook just nodded again.

while the older male focused on cutting fruits and making biscuits, jungkook felt for the familiar box of sausages in the freezer. he broke open the cardboard and stood in front of the oven. the heat from the burner was evident on his knuckles as he tried to open the box. jungkook was successful, tearing the box and pouring out the mini sausages into the pan.

it was on the easier things he could help making. all jungkook had to do was move them around he pan until they were hot enough when he poked them with his finger.

one time he volunteered to cut the fruit, and that's not happening anymore when they spent breakfast in the hospital waiting room.

it was a simple breakfast, but the two boys were eager to set up their plates and sit on the couch once it was ready. jungkook pulled his legs up and say criss-cross, "thanks hyung." he said quickly before shoving a chunk of pineapple into his mouth.

"thanks for your help as well." namjoon smiled. he too started to eat, but there was still that curious glance casted over to his younger roommate. sometimes namjoon wished he could just read the boys mind, figure out what's going on behind those pretty eyes.

today wasn't the day though, and it wasn't his job anymore. there were other people that helped the boy with those things, figuring out what he was thinking and why he didn't share those thoughts. namjoon knows he doesn't. he knows jungkook doesn't lie to him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't keep things to himself.

one day he'd ask, one day.

maybe not. maybe this was new. maybe jungkook was finally no longer going to push away everyone trying to help him. maybe he'd listen to ms. jung when she came today and he'd do his lessons without such a struggle and he'd no longer encourage these fantasies he has. maybe.

it was a struggle, thinking about what he wanted for the boy. namjoon didn't know what to do anymore, he just wanted the boy happy. "let me clean up." he said, taking both dishes and walking to the kitchen to clean up the small mess from breakfast.

both their stomachs were full and content, little smiles that followed and stay for a while. it was even off that the ravenette wasn't pouring when ms. jung knocked and welcomed herself in — or when she asked if he practiced his lessons and he even nodded.

jungkook opened his backpack and took out his notebooks and lesson worksheets.

namjoon shouldn't be complaining. this is what he's wanted, for the boy to just learn and listen and be prepared for when he might be on his own later on. he shouldn't be wondering what's wrong with this picture.

"you've definitely been practicing." ms. jung said, and namjoon didn't miss the curious glance she tossed his way. the older just shrugged and ate another piece of fruit.

jungkook nodded and set the sheets down. "since i know those don't i get new ones to practice?" he asked.

ms. jung paused and tried to collect her thought, "uh yes, i brought some with me for whenever you felt ready for more." she dug through her own bag set on the couch beside her legs. this had namjoon walking over, he of course knowing a bit more of the curriculum that was to come as they progressed. for a while jungkooks been stuck in a spot, but it seemed like that may be over now.

"what comes next, ms.jung." namjoon had asked as he sat in an armchair across from the two on the couch. jungkook bit on the inside of his lip and just decided to mess with his own hands as they sat and talked about him.

"well he's been doing well with the vocabulary and the alphabet and can clearly recite them despite the order presented." she said. namjoon was nodding along as the woman spoke, listing off requirements and essentials that jungkook would need to learn and go through. part of that was the educational aspect, like learning to read again, but the following factors would be more independent based. this was the part jungkook didn't like, the stuff that made his stomach turn.

it was learning how to do everything on his own. of course he knew basic things, like making toast and taking a shower. it was the big things he knew he feared — like crossing roads and knowing when to go and listening for the traffic. it was going out on his own knowing where we was and learning how to not let his anxiety win.

it's almost like it was winning now. the way it crept up his throat and grasped his tongue, keeping jungkook from crying for help. the boy just sat and listened, the two voices soon drowning out to remain muffled syllables to quiet to hear over the beating of his own heart.

and then there was velvet — and there was a hand, seemingly reaching through that fog and grabbing jungkooks by the heart to pull him from his own thoughts.

he didn't even realize namjoon had excused himself, a knock on the door pulling him away to answer and welcome the man inside.
jungkook realized none of this, sitting their in a silent state of panic. until that voice made of velvet had said his name so smoothly.

"hey kook." taehyung had said, standing by the door to take off his shoes after greeting the rest of the people inside the small apartment.

it was like a light. the way he could show up whenever jungkook needed him, illuminating the room and making everything seem brighter despite the darkness the boy always found himself in. jungkook smiled, and he felt a little better knowing someone was there for him.
"hi tae."

⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

535K 19.6K 28
In which a misunderstanding make Taehyung turn Jungkook's peaceful life turn into a living hell. 11.07.20 Grammar mistakes,typo please ignore Mpreg...
539K 32.7K 37
- BOOK ONE Where the school's sunshine, Jeongguk, pins over Taehyung, the smart and quiet boy, in the most obvious of ways to win his heart. ...
160K 6.8K 34
Kim Taehyung and Kim Jungkook were married for 2 years. Jungkook always thought that marriage life would have its ups and down... But not to the poin...
22.6K 3.3K 24
Darkness. My world is filled with darkness. The last light I ever saw was my father's smile. Kim Taehyung, 25 years old. Someone who lost his sight...