Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)

478 3 2
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene picks up where we left off. In the Schnee Manor dining room, Jacques is sitting in a chair on the side of the room, with Winter, Ironwood, the councilmen, Robyn and Clover standing around him. Team RWBY, Penny, Arc, Sora, Mickey, Riku and Kairi are standing together at the end of the room. Clover receives contact on his communicator and exits the room.

Ironwood: I knew you'd stoop low to get what you wanted, Jacques. But this?

Jacques: this is all a great leap, James.

Ironwood: no, it's quite simple really -- now that I know Arthur Watts is alive. Working with a madman like Tyrian Callows, it would be easy for someone like him to coordinate an unthinkably heinous act like the one in that warehouse. Watts designed Mantle's entire security network. He used that access to hack the surveillance system and frame someone else for the job.

Everyone but Jacques looks at Penny, who looks away sadly. Ruby places her hand on Penny's shoulder. Ironwood looks at Jacques again.

Ironwood: all while stealing an election. (Moves closer to Jacques, who becomes nervous) and once you became a Councilman, your newly granted clearance gave him a (slamming his hands onto the chair's arms) backdoor into Atlas' secure network. But you probably hadn't even considered that, had you?

Robyn: The people that died that night, their blood is on your hands.

Sleet: Jacques Schnee must be tried, not only for treason, but as an accesory to murder.

Jacques: these are outrageous accusations! I only intended to win the election. I had nothing to do--

Arcturus finally snaps and grabs him by the throat and pushes him out of the window, dangling him like he's about to drop him. Everyone's shocked by this, and Jacques grasping for air and looking terrified. Arc, however, they saw him with a glare, his eyes filled with pure hatred, and his teeth actually razor sharp.

Arcturus: nothing to do with this? Every choice you've made had those intentions! Enslaving Faunus, abusing your family, giving a wanted man access to the entire network so you can have money, are all your intentions, because you are a selfish, cold-hearted, disgraceful FUCKING prick that doesn't deserve to represent this kingdom!

Sora: (walks over to him) Arc, bring him back, now.

Arcturus: ...

Kairi: Arc, if you kill him, we'll be following into War's plan, and that's what Xehanort wants.

He still doesn't respond, and Ironwood gets ready for one of his pistols, but Riku holds up a hand to stop him. Ruby finally walks over to him and places a hand on his shoulder and he looks at her.

Ruby: Arc, don't kill him.

Arcturus: he has to answer for his crimes.

Ruby: and he will. But, not if you kill him. Don't be the person Cronos wants you to be.

Arcturus turns back to the terrified man, and pulls him back inside and throws him to the ground. Everyone releases a breath they didn't know they were holding and Jacques coughs a bit before regaining his breath. Arc's teeth return to normal.

Sora: thanks, Ruby.

Arcturus: I didn't plan to kill him. I guess I...let my anger go. (Thoughts) I won't lie though, after seeing Weiss's memories a while back, I couldn't help but feel hatred towards him. Could the Black Dragon, maybe be feeding on those thoughts and made me act like that? If so, I'll have to keep my temper in check more than ever until I figure this out.

Camilla: what else will he be able to do with the access Jacques' given him?

Ironwood: with enough time... whatever he wants.

Jacques: you have to believe me, I-I-I didn't know he was planning this.

Riku: (sarcastic) really? A wanted man comes back form the dead, asking for access to the secure network, doesn't ring any warning bells?

Ironwood has been staring at the alert on his Scroll's screen, which says "! Emergency Alert !" and "Atlas Council Security Notification". He lowers his Scroll and turns away, while Robyn walks over to a window and places her hand on it, looking outside.

Sleet: without heat down there... people are going to die.

Penny and Ruby look at each other worriedly. Ironwood has his hand to his jaw, covering his lips. Ruby walks over to him.

Ruby: General Ironwood? How bad is it?

Ironwood types something into his Scroll and then scrolls through things, one being a screen that displays a shape similar to the Amity Communications Tower.

Ironwood: he's using Jacques' credentials. We can follow that activity on the network. If he's found his way into the Amity system...

Robyn turns her head and looks at Ironwood.

Ironwood: no, the secret is safe. For now. But if he learns about Amity, she learns about Amity.

While he speaks, Ironwood walks past Ruby and Robyn, both of whom watch him.

Weiss: can you block his access?

Ironwood: It's too late. He's already starting to lock us out.

Blake: can we trace him somehow? Find out where he's hiding?

Ironwood: he's going to be mobile. We need his access point. We need to get him out in the open.

Arcturus: Clara, can us the credentials to trace him to his location?

Clara: hold on. (Begins searching) he's somewhere in Mantel, most likely an area to get the best signal, so if I— (gets shocked) argh!

Arcturus: Clara, what's wrong?

Clara: I'm locked out of the system. Someone rigid it to make sure I don't track Watts.

Robyn: okay, so let me get this straight. (All turn to her) yep, still here everyone. (Walks over to Ironwood) how do a disgraced scientist, a disappeared serial killer, and someone claiming to be one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse find each other, General? Why would they target you? And why are you working so hard to hide the Amity Communications Tower from them?

Ironwood: (shocked) you know about that.

*MANTEL*

As a riot was breaking out, the gates were suddenly opened and everyone sees Grimm and Soulless entering the area. War lands on top of a roof, and Cronos teleports by in, dressed in his red armor.

Cronos: how was the party?

War: bored for my tastes. But, I will say, those wielders do so promise. Especially Sora and that rival of yours.

Cronos: I expect nothing less from Arc. Now then, it's time we cause some mayhem. Though, keep your eyes out for that Tyrian replica. Something tells me it's going to fail in the worse way possible.

War: still don't know why you cloned him after disintegrating the original.

Cronos: mother's orders. Plus, made a good test subject to the replica program.

They then go off to their separate ways.

*TEAM*

Robyn: I used to think you were hiding something to protect yourself. But, I can tell there's something much bigger going on here. Now, I think it's to protect something else. Us... Atlas, maybe even all of Remnant. And you're afraid of what might happen if you tell the truth.

Before Ironwood could respond, Clover and Oscar enter the room.

Kairi: (notices their expressions) what's wrong, guys?

Clover: Mantel's under attack by Grimm.

Oscar: and the Soulless are there as well.

Clover: the air fleet's doing everything they can, but they can't easily target Grimm in the city without risking casualties.

Ironwood: this... This is what I was afraid would happen.

Clover: sir, we need ground support, now.

Robyn: what we need is to start evacuating Mantle. If it's completely overrun, it's not going to be safe anywhere. Use the fleet to get--

Ironwood: if I move the fleet, then Atlas is vulnerable. I... I tried to keep the kingdom safe. And now we're losing everything.

They saw that now he was at the end of his rope, and they're worried on what might happen next. Oscar then decides to give him advice.

Oscar: General? Earlier, you asked for my advice.

Ironwood: I wanted Ozpin's advice.

Oscar: and his advice probably would've been to keep your secrets. When we first got here, you already knew that wasn't the right course. You had a new plan.

Ironwood: then it's time to give up on that plan. It's all falling apart.

Oscar: the panic you were worried about? It's already happening. The secrets you're keeping? They're about to be in the open anyway. It's time. (Ironwood looks at him) tell the truth.

Ruby: you're not alone. (Encourage smile) we can do this together.

Sora: that's right. If we all work together, then we'll save the kingdom!

Ironwood: (nods and smiles.) thank you. Oscar, I think it's time you get back to the academy.

Oscar: I think you're right. (Turns to Arc) hey Arc, could I talk to you for a moment?

He nods yes and the two leave for a bit. Ironwood then tells the council that he has something to tell them, and then informed the team to get ready for departure.

Winter: I've called a transport.

Yang: what about Watts, Tyrian and War?

Mickey: we'll handle War, while you guys deal with the other two.

Ironwood: Mickey's right. But right now, gather the others and head down below.

Ruby: alright everybody, it's time to do our jobs. All of us.

Clover: what she said. Let's make it happen, Huntsmen.

They then exit and see Arc and Oscar finishing talking. The rest of the team goes off to meet with the others before Ruby first talks with Oscar about tell the General about Salem, and Arc coming back from dropping Jacques off at prison. He then sees Ruby looking at him with a more crossed expression.

Arcturus: what's wrong?

Ruby: you tell me. You almost killed someone back there.

Arcturus: I said I didn't intended to, and that I was sorry.

Ruby: you dangling someone out the widow screams otherwise. (Beat) Arc, I'm not angry with you, I just want to understand why one of my best friends would go that far to get information. What's going on?

Clara: you can't keep hiding this from her, buddy.

Arcturus sighs as seeing he shouldn't hide this from her. He then lowers his scarf and shirt collar to show dragon scales growing more and more towards his neck.

Arcturus: my arm's changing more and more. Every time I transform, it spreads more across my body. At first I thought it was just a growth in my power, but I've been told I might have a darker power in me.

Ruby: what power?

Sora: Arc, Ruby, we gotta go!

Marrow: transport's leaving.

Arcturus: one second! (Turns to Ruby and places hands on shoulders) look, we have to go and help them, but I promise, once this is over, I'll explain everything.

Ruby: (sigh) alright, but we're not done with this.

The two then hurry to the others and everyone goes down to Mantel. There, they divided into multiple teams to deal with Soulless and Grimm. Each team helped hold the monsters off while transports helped with evacuations. However, things started to get worse when people began protesting for passage to Atlas. Luckily, Robyn and Ironwood made an announcement about the threat they're facing, and even said that Amity was ready and that the defenses there would help with evacuation.

Nearby on a building, Cronos, Azrael and Vanitas saw everything. Including Cinder and Neo's plans to get the relic and the Winter Maiden.

Cronos: quite the interesting turn of events.

Vanitas: guess the gang had an influence on the General if he's willing to put his precious tower on the line.

Azrael: even if it truly was complete, it wouldn't matter. One way or another, Atlas will fall. (Beat) so, what's your next step, Crimson Death?

Cronos: everything is going according to plan. The guardians will be busy dealing with multiple threats, that they'll have little time to prepare for what's about to come.

Vanitas: what about Cinder and Neo?

Cronos: as nice as it would be to kill them off, they'll be a good distraction for them. So long as they don't get in the way and mess things up, I'll leave them be.

Azrael: in that case, Vanitas and I will head back to the others and wait for the big show to start.

Vanitas: fair warning, though, one of them might be making an appearance here.

Cronos: as long as things go as plan, then it won't matter one bit. (Beat) well, wish me luck as I go pay a visit to my dear best friend.

The two nod and teleport away. He then runs over to Atlas police and does something unexpected. Meanwhile, Robyn, Qrow and Clover were fighting Tyrian. Even through he was insane, he was dangerous and held his own. Luckily, they were assisted by Terra and Aqua and together they defeated him. In Amity, Riku, Axel and Xion helped Ironwood secure Watts. Winter the contacts them.

Winter: the school's been secured.

Ironwood: make sure it is. Get Penny there.

Riku: (taps his coms) Roxas, Naminé, meet Penny back at the school and help Winter.

Roxas: got it!

Naminé: on our way.

Back with Ruby and the others, the Grimm and Soulless were stopped, and suddenly, they were requested back to the academy. During this, Ironwood calls Arc separately.

Arcturus: General, what is it?

Ironwood: do you know anyone named "Cronos?"

Arcturus: yes, why?

Ironwood: he's here, now.

Arcturus: what?! What's he doing?

Riku: well, that's the weird thing. He just showed up at the front door and said "I'd like to be arrested and speak with the General and Arcturus, please."

Clara: he's up to something, he would never simply surrender like that.

Arcturus: keep him there, and don't let him do anything until I get there.

He runs ahead back to Atlas, and when he arrives, he finds Cronos standing under a tractor beam with Ironwood and Riku standing by. The others soon arrived as well. However, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Kairi and Axel went back to the academy to get Oscar.

Cronos: ah! It's a pleasure to see you, Arcturus. (Sees Team RWBY) and it's good to see you again, girls.

All of them simply glare at him, and if it weren't the fact that he surrendered, they would kill him by now.

Yang: give us one good reason why we shouldn't kill you on the spot?

Blake: I use to say there's no such thing as pure evil, but you proved me wrong.

Weiss: especially after what you did to us.

Ruby: whatever you're up to, we'll stop you.

Cronos: nice to see you haven't changed since we last saw each other.

Arcturus: what are you doing? You never just surrender without a reason.

Cronos: well, I just wanted to see the grand kingdom from the inside. Plus, I see you've gotten the rest of your heroes.

Sora: this is Cronos?

Arcturus: yep.

Xion: I remember you. You're in the Organization, and working with Azrael and Vanitas.

Ventus: Vanitas?

Donald: he's a bad guy!

Cronos: duh.

Goofy: though I'm confused. If he's really a bad guy, then why did he surrender?

Cronos: because it's time for the main event. (Turns to Ironwood) go ahead, good general, tell them the news.

Harriet: what is it, sir?

Ironwood pulls out a queen chess piece made of glass.

Arcturus: a chess piece?

Ironwood: the Black Queen was the symbol Salem showed us before we lost everything. Her way of telling us she was inside. That it was too late. We stopped Watts. We stopped Callows, but someone was here. They put this in my office to tell me that--(realization and panics) what if Mantle was just a distraction? What if it was just to draw us away from the academy to, to--

Weiss: sir. I-it's going to be okay. We've got Mantle on our side now, and--

Ironwood: how do we know that wasn't part of their plan? How do we know they didn't want us to bring people into Atlas by the thousands?

Vine: in trying to save everyone, we left ourselves most vulnerable.

Ventus: that can't be it. We stopped the Grimm and Soulless, and defeated their leaders.

Mickey: but we still haven't found the Horseman.

Ironwood: Salem has been one step ahead of us this entire time!

He angrily slams his fist down on his desk, denting it. The impact bounces Watts' bag and the chess piece, and the latter falls over and rolls across the desk, emitting the characteristic noises of glass. Ruby steps forward, staring at the chess piece.

Ruby: it's... glass. Black glass. This was Cinder.

Yang: she's alive? And she's here?!

Xion: who's Cinder?

Arcturus: the Fall Maiden that tried to kill us a while back.

Ironwood: (sighs) If Cinder's here, then, for all we know, Hazel's here, too!

Cronos: no, he's not. However, dear Cinder's gone rouge and could be going after your Winter Maiden. Honestly, it's a miracle she survived this long after I took her heart.

Blake: sir, this isn't over yet. We're with you.

Sora: yeah.

Ironwood: are you with me?

Blake's cat ears fold over, and Ironwood walks around to stand next to his desk where Watts' bag is, while Vine and Marrow look confused.

Vine: sir?

Ironwood: how did Robyn know about the Global Communications Project?

The Ace Operatives look at Team RWBY. Blake and Yang look nervous. Yang looks to the side in thought for a moment, then looks at Ironwood.

Yang: we told her. The night of the ambush.

Elm: you did what?!

Yang: we were trying to help.

Marrow: by going behind our backs?

Donald: (notices the bag moving) um guys?

Harriet: wait. Does that mean you let her escape?

Yang: Robyn is on our side! She always has been.

Ironwood: we didn't know that for sure.

Donald: guys.

Mickey: everybody, just calm down.

Riku: fighting like this won't solve anything.

Weiss: (grips her head) none of this matters right now!

Ironwood: loyalty always matters!

Cronos: (exciting) this is turning out even better than I had hoped!

Donald: GUYS!

Everyone: WHAT!?

Suddenly, red tentacles spring forth beside Ironwood, who yelps and moves away, drawing and aiming his white revolver at the Seer that has emerged from Watts' bag. Everyone else in the room steps backward with widened eyes except for Cronos. Ruby gasps, Yang brings her fists up, Blake's cat ears prick straight up in alarm and the wielders get in a ready stance. The Seer rises up high in front of the desk, and Salem's voice comes from it.

Salem: General Ironwood.

The Seer's tentacles tense and curl up, and it trembles, emitting a high-pitched screech as its head cracks. Ironwood watches in fear, backing up against a wall with his gun still aimed at the Grimm. The Seer withdraws its tentacles against itself, turns over, and drops to the floor, the red smoke inside of its head fading away. It bounces down the steps, stopping in front of the team, and black smoke pours from the crack, swirling into the air and forming an apparition of Salem. Her voice echoes out from the apparition as it speaks.

Salem: The brave Huntsmen and Huntresses bested Arthur Watts. Congratulations. (Looks at Cronos) thank you for joining us, my child.

Cronos: hi mom!

Weiss, Blake and Yang stare at her in fear. Blake's cat ears are flat against her head. Arcturus, Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Riku, Ventus and Xion are intimated. Ruby speaks up, showing no fear.

Ruby: we stopped Tyrian, too. And we'll stop Cinder, and anyone else you try to send here.

Salem: dear girl, their goal was never victory. It was merely to set the stage.

Ironwood: for what?

Salem: (turns to him) for me. (Drifts to him) unlike my child, time isn't on your side, James. It's always been on mine. The people of Atlas have suffered enough. Surrender the Staff and the Lamp to me, and they needn't suffer any further.

Ironwood: (lowers his gun) that's... not going to happen.

Salem: simply accept the futility of your situatio... (soft smile) and this can all be over.

Ruby: we've seen what you're capable of. The lamp showed us.

Salem's feigned smile disappears, and she straightens up. Ruby is staring confidently at her.

Ruby: it showed us everything. (Salem turns to her) we've seen that you can't be killed. But we've also seen you fail. (Salem drifts in front of her) we don't have to kill you to stop you. And we will stop you.

Salem: your mother said those words to me.

Arcturus: (shocked) what?

Ruby loses her confident expression. An image of Summer Rose comes to Ruby's mind. In the image, Summer is standing on the cliffside on Patch. The grass is brown, the wind is blowing and there are dark gray clouds in the sky.

Ruby: my... mother?

In the image in Ruby's mind, Summer appears somewhat farther away and closes her eyes, her hands clasped together.

Salem: and she failed.

Ruby begins crying and quickly lowers her head and presses her hands to her eyes. In the image in her mind, Summer is standing even farther away, turning her back to Ruby, with the wind blowing harder. Ruby frantically wipes her tears away. Her silver eyes flicker a couple of times, and then she yelps as her eyes emit a brief flash. She whimpers, gripping her head and swaying. Salem watches as Ruby drops to her knees, sobbing and whimpering with her head in her hands. Yang and Arc hurry to Ruby's side and drops to their knees beside her, and Ruby leans over to rest her head on Yang's lap.

Cronos: her death was inevitable. Just as Xehanort's victory is assured.

Salem: and just as the legends say, "Darkness will prevail, and Light expires."

Sora: you're both wrong! (Everyone looks at him) it's true that you're both powerful, and that maybe we can't truly end you. But, that doesn't mean we won't stop trying! Their hearts are stronger, and their determination to save their world and their families and friends, are what help push them to become stronger. (Steps forward) so, go ahead and throw whatever you have at us, because no matter what, we will keep our hearts strong and keep on fighting!

Everyone was surprised by Sora's words. Even though Ironwood and the Ace Ops thought he was crazy, his friends and Team RWBY all smile at his determination at will to help others.

Salem: in that case, by all means, continue your adventure. But know your efforts are meaningless.

Cronos: it'll only make your defeat more satisfying. (Beat) you know, this reminds me of a story. You see, there was a family that was camping out at a cabin for the weekend. One day, a little boy from the family was chasing a bird and got lost in the woods. Before he could start crying out for mommy and daddy, he was met with a vixen that was yellow, pink and green. The vixen asks "why are you sad, child?" The boy replied "I'm lost and I don't know where to find my mommy and daddy." So, the vixen felt pity for him, and helped him back to the cabin and to his family. But for the vixen left, it told the boy "follow the Dandelions on your journey. They will show you your way."

As soon as he finished, Arc's eyes widen in complete and utter shock. Then from that, the gears in his head started working and he began to think back to everything his friends and family said about Cronos.

Lightning: this kind of training, only comes from the GUARDIANS.

Jaime: that was next level thinking, almost like he was there.

Vergil: you both are more alike than either of you realize.

Arcturus: the speed, the lightning, he's like me. Was he effected from the accelerator? Or is he something else?

Salem: let's just say that when you find out, you'll be in for a real surprise.

Cronos: I am your rival.

He snaps back to reality, and his expression goes back to normal and he turns to look at Cronos.

Ruby: Arc?

Arcturus: (stands up) I know who you are.

Cronos: it's about time.

Arcturus: I think I always knew who you were. I just didn't want to admit it. For so long, I kept trying to figure out how you work. How your mind could be so broken, and yet, so clever at the same time. Then, it hit me; you've always been prepared for anything. I was still missing the pieces on who you were, but I got them after that story. I know it, because I was the boy who was lost and met the vixen, and was led back home to my parents. But, here's the thing about that story... I never told anyone about it. I kept it to myself all these years thinking it was my imagination, or something my mind came up with from something different. But, the way you told it, the way you described it, was more than just time travel. You didn't just know about my history and the people from it. You were there. You lived it. You remembered it all... When you were me.

There was a long moment of silence, and to their shock, Cronos actually deactivates his armor. When the light fades, everyone but Arc looked shocked and horrified at the sight. He was in a red and black suit with black shoes, gold out lines, the Soulless symbol on a gold gear on his waist, black hair, pale white skin like Salem's, a gauntlet on his left hand, a gold left eye, and a red and black right eye. But, what scared them, was the fact that his face and voice were EXACTLY like Arcturus's.

Cronos: (sinister grin) like I told you from the beginning... I am your rival.

Author's note: the fall of Atlas continues!
This was a bit hard to write, because, since now we have a lot of main characters, it's hard to give them enough speaking lines so they're actually there. Plus, I'm not a good writer, so I'm practicing on doing more of that.
Jacques's arrested. If you're confused on how Arc knew about Weiss and her family being abused, he saw her memories when he freed her from Grimmverse in the previous story. And, thanks to Clara and some special Future City tech, it's enough evidence to ensure Mr. Schnee spends 20 years to life in prison.
The fights with Tyrian and Watts happened the same, but just add the selected characters into the fights. There'll be more of that in the next chapter.
So yes, Cronos looks like Arc. It was probably obvious with the hints I kept giving in the last story, but I've been preparing for this since I first wrote the character. Why he looks like our hero, will be explain in the next chapter.

Next chapter: with friends like these.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 137 36
One year has past since Sora and his friends defeated Marluxia in Castle Oblivion. Now there are new enemies. Who is Oragnization XIII and what are t...
957 30 26
as summer ends for Roxas and Xion, Sora and Kate wake up, ready to start their new adventure with Donald and Goofy, however, old enemies return, and...
12.9K 262 30
(Book 7) Hikari goes with Sora, Donald and Goofy to embark on a new journey to unlock her true power of the Princess of Kingdom Hearts and help Sora...
15.5K 329 13
This is a continuation of Let Your Heart Speak Volumes [Izuku x Xion] (Kingdom Hearts). All rights reserved for the original owner, I just loved that...