Life After Marriage Book 3

intellectual212 által

August and Amber newly married learn to navigate the tricky waters of married life. Trilogy to If That's Wha... Több

Interruptions Part 1
Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
Spoiled Spouses
The Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 1
Puppy Love
Inappropriate Outfits/The Cake Thief
Whose Your Daddy Part 1
Whose Your Daddy Part 2
Not Again Part 1
NOT AGAIN PART 2
Making Breakfast
Alternative Plans 1
Alternative Plans Part 2
IT'S BECOMING CLEARER PART 1
It's Becoming Clearer Part 2
Hard Decisions Part 1
Hard Decisions Part 2
Missed Ship Part 1
Missed Ship Part 2
Leaving
Author's Note: Writer's Advice
When Papa's Away Part 1
Change of Heart
You Deserve
The Right One
Be Free
Drowned Memories
Author's Note: There Are Other Books Before This
Working It Out
New Car
Fight
Chest Pain
Back
Building Trust
Good Place
When in Canada Do as the Canadians Do
Sacred Ground
A/N- For those offended
The Results
R& B's New Bad Boy
Early Morning Convo
One More Author's Note
Reunited Part 1
Slippery Slope
Hypocrite
Hypocrite Repost
Thank you Sata
Make Ups
Receiving What You've Given
My Shootaz
My shootaz repost
Two Valentines Part 1
Smile Through It
I'll Take The Lizard
Celebrity Life
Bro Drama
Bro Drama Part 2
You Dont love me ?
I love my life
He's a man
Trusting Again
My Gift
Career Day Part 1
Career Day Part 2
Repost Career Day Part 2
First Day
Back to Work
Special Chapter: Still Hurts
Visiting Mommy
Chance to Save
Let It Go
Further Investigation Part 1
Further Investigation Part 2
Author's Note- Direction Of Story
Baby Eater
Story is ending soon
Prom Night Threats
Father's Day Shopping With Bobby
Father's Day
Doing Our Part
Aug's hip-hop video
Gone
Man Stuff
I'll Handle It
Achilles Heel
Safe House
God Protect My Wife
My Other Grandma Part 1
My other grandma part 2
Regrets
Prayer Virgil For Amber And Amiri
Encouragment For Writers- Troll Readers Who Demand Updates
All I Got
Death Wish
God Protect My Wife Important Repost
Colorblind
Setting An Example
My Other Prince
I promise
Doesn't he remind you of Auggie!!!
Baby For Sale
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 1 - Stopping My Shine
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 2- Favorite So.
Authors Note - Ending of Life After Marriage
Comment your confusion
Back To The Past: King For A Day
Back to the Future - Career Goals
Final chapter / thank yous
Final Chapter - Au-Revoir
August Alsina Song Cry and this Book

Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 2

53.7K 2.1K 817
intellectual212 által

**** There’s a video of behind the scenes at the URX tour in the m/m. Aug shows up looking too damn sexy with his no six pack having behind lol, at 3:00 mark. ****

August P.O.V. –

I looked over at my clock and saw it was ten minutes past the time I normally wake up. Amber nor A3 was in the bed and every single morning she usually wakes me up.

However I couldn’t worry about that right now, I needed to get washed up for work. I went in the bathroom took my shower, brushed my teeth, shaved and washed my face. I threw on my undershirt and boxers, then went down stairs to get my clothes that Amb usually irons in the morning.

“Auggie sit down and eat.” Amber opened the fridge.

“Me want more juice Mommy. ” A3 tapped Amb’s leg getting her attention.

“I heard you the first time sweetie, sit down and eat your cereal.”

A3 went to the table and sat down.

“Ma can I have another Capri Sun too?” Sata asked Amb eating her cereal.

Amber got out two Capri Sun’s and give one to Sata and one to A3.

“Goodmorning y’all.” I walked in stretching.

“Morning daddy.” Sata said sticking her straw in her juice.

“Goodmorning Pop-Pop.” Auggie got up and hugged me around my legs. I kissed his forehead.

“Sata can you do mine?” Auggie handed her, his juice.

She did it for him.

“Thank you.”

“You welcome.” She ate a spoonful of cereal.

“Babe why you ain’t wake me up this morning?” I went over to her to peck her lips, but she turned her head and just started washing the dishes in the sink.

I just fanned my hand at her. I wasn’t going to feed into any drama, especially if I hadn’t done anything. It’s probably that time of the month. I looked on the ironing board for my clothes, but nothing was there.

“Where my clothes at?”                                                   

“In your closet.”

“In my closet?” I looked at her confused.

“Yeah I didn’t feel like ironing today.”

“But you ironed Auggie and Sata’s uniforms.”

“Their kids they can’t do it themselves.” She put a plate she washed in the dish holder.

I also looked back at the stove to see there was no meal cooked and she cooks me breakfast every morning.

“Okay what’s going on?”

“I didn’t feel like cooking either. It’s plenty cereal. Fruit. Yogurt, that’s your favorite anyway.” She said smugly.

I looked over at my kids who were just eating. I hated to let them see me and Amb argue because I know I hated that shit when my mother and my step-pops argued in front of me. So I decided to just let it be and call her from work to see what the problem was.

I got my clothes ironed then and ate me some yogurt.

“Come on y’all.”

The kids got their book bags.

“Bye Mommy.” Sata hugged Amb.

“Bye Mommy.” A3 hugged Amb.

She rolled her eyes at me, then left out the kitchen. I went to the garage then dropped them off at school then headed to my office.

I sat in the parking lot for a minute debating whether I should call Amb. This shit was getting to me. I honestly didn’t do anything. I searched the pictures on my phone, nothing inappropriate was there. As it shouldn’t be.

 I searched the text on my phone, nothing was inappropriate. As it shouldn’t be. The only people I text is my wife, my fam and my friends.

I put my elbow on the window of my car and stroked my beard trying to remember had I said or done anything. Me and Sneak just chilled all day yesterday and when he left, I came up stairs and went straight to bed.

I got my phone out my pocket and called Amb. She didn’t answer. I called again. Still no answer. I sent a text.

Why are you mad at me? I didn’t do anything.

I waited for a minute to see if she would answer, she didn’t. Sneak pulled up in his car b beside me. And I hopped out of the door so I could open the office.

“Morning bruh.” Sneak said getting out of his car.

“Hey man.” I closed the door and went up to the office door. “Amb mad at me for some reason.”

“What you do?” Sneak asked me as I opened the door and we walked in. I flipped on the lights.

“That’s the thing, I ain’t do shit.”

He turned his lip up at me as we went behind the reception area.

“I’m serious Sneak. I do a lot of shit, but I didn’t do nothing this time.”

“You know you got a mouth. Y’all ain’t argue and you said something you didn’t mean?”

“Nah man. We was good. Until this morning. I’m confused.” I said putting on my lab coat.

“You think she heard us talking bout Regina yesterday?”

I thought about it.

“I don’t think so. And we was just talking, I wasn’t serious about that. You really think I’m finna leave my wife over some bitch with a fat ass? Amb is my world man.”

“I know that. But you know women sensitive. They be taking shit like that to heart.”

 “I would’ve hoped if she did hear that she would know I wasn’t that stupid.”

“Some niggas do, do that bruh.”

“I’m not a “some nigga.” I’m Aug. And me and Amb bond stronger than that.”

“Just talk about it with her later. For now, the first appointment should be here in ten.”

“Aight.” I sighed, went to the back and got to work.

**************************************

All evening Amb didn’t say anything to me. We all ate dinner together, but she just conversed with the kids asking them about their day. We shared glances every so often. I decided to just chill downstairs in the basement until the kids were sleep so she and I could talk.

When I thought they were sleep, I went upstairs to find Amb laying in the bed with the lights off. I took off my shirt and basketball shorts, leaving only my boxers and got behind her, putting my leg between hers and laying my face on hers . I softly sucked her neck.

“Get off me.” She moved her head. Causing mine to fall off.

I sat up.

“Amb what the fuck is wrong?”

“I’m trying to go to sleep.”

“I’m not gon let you go to sleep until you tell me what’s wrong.”

She got up in the darkness and left out.

I laid across the bed and sighed deeply, while rubbing my stomach. Then I got up and went after her.

She had went into one of the guest rooms downstairs, but she locked the door. I jiggled the knob.

“Really Amb?” I said through the closed door. She was being too fucking petty.

“Open the door.”

She didn’t respond. I went to the kitchen got a knife and fidgeted with the door until it opened. I flipped on the light. She was hidden underneath the covers.

“Just leave me alone.” She sniffed.

I closed the door, then sat on the edge of the bed.

“Amb what’s wrong?”

She just sniffed and blew her nose really loud. I wanted to laugh at that, but now wasn’t the time.

“I’m tired and I got work in the morning.”

“Nobody asked you to come in here.”

“But I came because I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with my wife. If I did something let me know. I can’t read your fucking mind.”

She didn’t respond.

“You upset about what me and Sneak was talking about yesterday?”

She didn’t respond.

“Baby that’s the way niggas talk. I meant nothing by it.”

“You don’t have to lie about being unhappy August.”

“What the—What are you talking about unhappy? I never said that.”

She ripped the covers off her head.

“You don’t have too. It’s in the way you were talking about her. I know I’m about to 40 and I can never compete with that. I’ll be old and ugly. And whatever attracted you to me at first, is gonna be gone.” She cried into her knees.

“Amb you are coming out of fucking left field. Like that’s crazy.” I couldn’t believe she was having break down over a fucking joke.

“Is it August? Look at me.” She lifted up her shirt to show the C-Section scar from A3. 

“You can’t tell me that, that’s beautiful. You can’t tell me that you don’t wish you had a woman with a flatter stomach and more shapely ass, who looks gorgeous even without make-up.”

I took a minute to process what she said, then proceeded to speak.

“Girl, I have never, ever, ever, in my life met someone who challenged me intellectually like Wes.” I mimicked her voice and hand movements.

“When we sat on that panel together girrrrrrl, it was like a spiritual awakening. He is such a genius. We had a conversation afterward and oooooo girrrrlllll, if I was not married.”

After I had finished my impersonation of her conversation I overheard with her and Tanya by our pool, I cleared my throat.

“Ring a bell?” I asked her.

“Why were you being nosey?”

“No why were you talking about another nigga like that?”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes and laid back on the bed.

“Now I could’ve took that conversation and said “Oh my Jesus, I’mma end my life cause my wife thinks another man is smart.” I laid out on the bed like I fainted from the holy ghost.

“Or I could’ve did what I did, which was say – okay I don’t know who this Wes nigga is, but at the end of the day. She’s my wife. Cooking my meals. Raising my kids. And when she needs it in her life she comes to me not this nigga. So I left it alone and went about my business because I know the relationship I have with my wife. I know what we been through. And I don’t care where in the world you search, you ain’t gone find another nigga like Aug. I don’t care how much money he got or how smart the nigga is.

And I know for a fact, I’m not gonna find another woman like Amb no where on this earth. I don’t care what any of these other women bring to the table. What we got, no nigga can break. And I’m not gon let no nigga or no bitch break it.

 Yeah some of the women come in the office with ulterior motives and you don’t think I know they thirsty? I know it. But it doesn’t’ matter because at the end of the day, they giving me they money. And where does my money go? Straight to you and my kids. So they thirst is only gon get you a new car. You a new house. Or whatever else you want and need.”

“Yeah.” Amb wiped her eyes.

“Baby you my world. If you left me right now, I’ll be like them people that be falling on the caskets when they family die. Like don’t leave me Amb.” I fell on her body like it was a casket. She laughed.

“Take me with you.”

“Get off me fool.” She pushed me off, chuckling.

“I’m serious. That would be me. And everybody knows it. I’m sprung and I have been since the day I met you. And that’s not gon change. Yeah our bodies might change, but my love for you will never change.”

She shook her head she understood.

“And this…” I lifted her shirt and kissed her C-Section scar. “Is not a scar, it’s a thank you gift. For giving life to my son. And if I have to kiss it a million times.” I repeatedly softly pecked her scar. “I’ll do it to show you how grateful I am. Aight?”

She shook her head with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Now can we go upstairs to our room and go to sleep?” I rubbed her thigh.

She sat up, grabbed my neck and hugged me. I kissed her neck. We didn’t have to say I love you tonight. That was understood.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

641K 18.1K 25
Rayna and August have been pushed past their breaking point more than once. Deaths, kidnappings, rape, torture, breakups, have played a big role in t...
1.3M 34.4K 56
I'm picking up the book where it left off. You seen how happy they are. Let's see what happens going down this road with August & Mariah All Rights R...
5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...
739K 45.3K 33
Set into their adult lives, Khari and Malia's marriage has its twist and turns. Can their love handle the test of time?