Kit to Fox

By devilsamist

The war is over, classes have started back accident takes place when Neville's potion goes wrong and exploded... More

Chapter 1: Rewritten
Chapter 2: Rewritten
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Big Decision
Update

Chapter 13

7.5K 302 34
By devilsamist

Draco watched in sorrow as Harry took in shallow breaths. When he was told what had happened to him, he became enraged. It took a man and a boy to hold down the beast that he had become. After he had calmed some, he refused to leave Harry's side, not even for a cot to sleep on. Sleep was the last of his worries. Harry was all that mattered at the moment. He just sat there, staring at Harry as his face became blank, thinking back to when Poppy had healed him.

-Flashback-

Poppy rushed in expecting the worse. She quickly took out her wand and ran a diagnosis spell.

"Well, he has a fractured skull and clavicle, a broken nose, and a concussion. Thankfully this is all easy to heal. Thank god Ran got there when he did." She looked down at Ran before turning back to Harry. She gave him the necessary potion and preformed the spells that would set him right once more. Ran watched on from where he lay, at the end of Harry's cot. Draco looked away, not being able to bear seeing his mate in pain, and tightened his grip on Harry's hand.

-End-

To see him in such pain was like being in pain himself.

As he was staring blankly at the wall for a few moments, there was a ruckus outside. Snapping out of his daze, Draco reluctantly let go of Harry,s hand and walked to the end of his cot, wand at hand. It became silent for a few seconds. Draco wondered if the person or thing that was at the cause of the noise had decided to go away. At the end of his naïve thought, the infirmary door slammed open, awaking the residents, namely Harry.

Harry awoke with a start, unaware of what was going on. He groggily rubbed his eyes before letting out a cat-like yawn. Glancing around the dark room, he spotted Drake immediately. Jumping up from where he was seated, he proceeded to jump on his back with glee… that was… until he saw the other occupants of in the room.

~.~.~.~.~

Draco couldn't see anything in the room, so when someone jumped on his back, he was quite startled. Feeling furry appendages on his face, he quickly relaxed before remembering the matter at hand. Draco tensed back up, ready for what ever was in the room.

The light suddenly flicked back on and the lights blinded everybody for a minute. Draco's eyes quickly adjusted to the light, so he got the advantage of being the first aware of what was happening. There standing in the door way, were his three least favorite people.

Ron, Seamus, and Ginny. All three were standing there with serious burns, panting. It seemed to have taken a great effort getting themselves here.

All Draco could see was red. He was furious that the ones who thought it fun to destroy others' lives decided it fit to come here. Growling lowly to himself, he set harry down gently on the cot before throwing a quick expelliarmus at the three. Swiftly catching the wands, he glared at the small group and called Poppy.

Poppy burst into the room, about to as what the problem was before she spotted the three imbeciles.

"To what do I owe you the displeasure of treating you for?" She asked with such disdain that it rivaled Snape.

The trio stared wide-eyed at the usually caring, mother hen Pomfrey. "B-burns…" Ginny stuttered out.

"And pray tell me why you have these burns?" She raised an elegant eyebrow at them.

They looked away sheepishly until one spotted the little ball of fluff sitting curled up in his tails on a cot.

"You!" Seamus spat. The others joined in. "You're the reason we are hurt! Wait till I get my hands on you. You will soon wish you were never born!"

Harry flinched back unconsciously and scooted back 'til he hit the wall. Shaking slightly, "It's not as if I don't already..." He said in such a soft voice no one heard him.

Draco saw Harry's actions and had decided that enough was enough. He started to position his wand and perform the spell.

Poppy saw this and quickly spell Draco to sleep and levitated him to a near by cot. Then she directed her wand to the trio and stunned them.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

She quickly sent a patronus to the headmaster. As much as she hated to do this, it had to be done for the safety of Harry. Soon enough, the hospital wing's door burst open and in the headmaster practically bounced.

"Hello, Poppy. To what do I owe the pleasure of this call." He said with his disgusting twinkle in his eyes.

"Well, your students decided it fit to beat poor Harry to the point of unconsciousness and possible brain injury. It is unfit behavior for a student of Hogwarts and any decent human being." She said with a huff.

"We can't have this happening, now can we?" He said with a smile on his face that said it all. He had planned this whole thing. They would have to keep a close eye on the headmaster to make sure he doesn't try anything with Harry. It would be surprising if he didn't.

He levitated the three and made his way on out of the office. Poppy released a sigh she didn't know she was holding. Realizing a second too late, she just remembered that she had forgotten to heal the group. Oh well, they can deal with a little pain. Glancing back at the sleeping boy on the cot, she decided it was best to let him sleep. She would wake him before breakfast. He had a long day and deserved rest, no matter what the boy said. She walked over to her potions cabinet and pulled out a sleeping draught before walking over to the other boy.

"Drink this and get some rest." She said softly. Harry gave her a small nod before downing the potion and falling into a deep sleep. She watched him sleep for a few minutes before heading back to her quarters.

The boy never deserved anything that happened to him, other than his mate of course. With the way he was treated in life, she was certain that the boy thought that he didn't deserve his mate. He was so thoughtless and yet he thought himself so selfish. To think that your mate wouldn't want you probably hurt more than she could imagine. It must have taken great will power to remain friends with his mate as well as allow him to choose who he wants to be with in life, even if it cost him his own life.

The boy deserved every good thing he got in life. She only wished that the monsters that hid and attacked him in the dark would finally meet the light and disappear for good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 754 62
Book 1/4 (Returned 2/4, Risen 3/4) My blood ran cold at her words. Everything went still. I noticed Ron and Hermione turn to look at me. Their faces...
6.3K 128 88
Draco had dealt with enough death to make peace with his own. Getting a handle on his emo angst, he assumed his life would end after Dumbledore's mur...
251K 11.7K 50
The war is over. Everyone is back to life as it used to be, but not everyone. Draco Malfoy cannot handle the guilt he feels any longer. A voice tell...
1.9K 78 73
I charged at her, watching as she didn't brace herself for the impact. Thinking I had caught her off-guard, I felt the swell of rage and pride churni...