The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 23

4.3K 161 31
By Grimmy27

Lia

Why the fuck is he here?

Why?

Why?!

WHY?!

"Lia, babe, calm down." Blake's soothing voice brings me back to reality and I see that I've crushed my phone in my hand. There are pieces of the screen biting into my palm, but I ignore the sting. I have much more pressing issue to think about.

Blake's hand rubs my back as we both stare dumbfounded at the dickhead in front of us.

"Everyone, this is Mr. Dennis Rocher. – Mrs. Johnson announces, making me frown – He'll be working as my assistant for the whole year. Mr. Rocher, would you mind saying a few words?" She turns to the dickhead with a smile.

Declan gives her a flirty wink then turns towards the class. Disgusting. "Hey everyone. As professor Johnson has mentioned, I'll be working here as her assistant during this year. Since I'm not that much older than you guys, you can call me Dennis." He grins cheerfully at the students, getting a chorus of 'hi, Dennis' from almost everyone.

Mrs. Johnson silences the room, clearing her throat before speaking. "Silence, everyone. There's one more thing to discuss. Mr. Rocher is still unfamiliar with the campus, having only arrived this morning, so I'll appoint a guide that will help him get settled." She's cut off by a bunch of girls offering their 'help' before she can say anything else.

But I don't miss the pointed look she gives me. "Ms. Clarke, would you be so kind and show Mr. Rocher around?" I catch the jealous glares I get from almost every girl in the room, along with Blake's low growl as he tightens his hold of my thigh. I don't take my eyes off Mrs. Johnson, not at all intimidated by her.

"No." I say with finality, surprising her.

"May I ask why?" The woman is clearly displeased by my refusal, while Declan looks slightly amused. Son of a bitch.

"Because I said so. You can't force me to do anything." I lean back in my chair, folding my arms over my chest, wordlessly challenging her. I've had enough of this woman, she keeps pissing me off. She always gives me more homework than others, whenever there's a project she makes sure I have the shortest amount of time to finish it and she always questions me during class.

"Is that so? – she smirks smugly – I thought you'd like some extra credit."

"But I don't, so you should find someone else." I pick up my textbook, indicating I'm done with this conversation. Call me rude, but I'm not getting anywhere near that dickhead even if it costs me my grade.

Blake only chuckles quietly beside me, while David stays quiet. I guess he doesn't know what to say about this.

Mrs. Johnson seems to realize I don't care about her threats and sighs heavily, scowling at me in distaste. Try harder, bitch.

"Very well, then. – she snarkily says – Do I have volunteers?" A group of girls raises their hands, adjusting their blouses to show off their boobs. Unbelievable. I thought college seniors should be fucking mature! Sluts.

Mrs. Johnson nods at the girls, giving up with a sigh. I almost smirk at her defeated expression. She looks like someone fed her a rotten lemon.

I glance at Declan, only to find him already looking at me with a small smirk. I give him a glare then turn back to the textbook, concentrating on the topic.

"I have no idea what just happened." David mutters from my right, making me laugh quietly.

"You should be glad. It's more fucked up than you think." I tell him then lean my head on Blake's shoulder as I listen to Mrs. Johnson's lecture.

The class goes on forever and as soon as it's over I almost run out of the auditorium, eager to get away from the old hag and the dickhead.

But I'm not that lucky.

"Ms. Clarke, I want to talk to you for a moment." I groan when I hear Mrs. Johnson's voice.

Blake puts his arm around me, pulling me into his side then leads me to the front of the class, where Mrs. Johnson and Declan are talking quietly.

"Ms. Clarke, I don't appreciate your attitude during class. Your actions are undermining my authority. That is why you'll be helping Mr. Rocher with assignments and preparing classes for the whole semester." I gape at the woman then glare at Declan, knowing he must've had something to do with this shit.

"Starting tomorrow, you'll be assisting Mr. Rocher in preparing the lectures. I expect you to come here thirty minutes before classes then Mr. Rocher will give you your work." The old woman gives me a hard look, daring me to decline. Declan only smirks smugly and it pisses me off.

"You can't make me do that." I sneer.

"Yes, I can. Don't forget, Ms. Clarke, that I'm the one who grades your assignments. Unless you'd like to do some extra work." I huff in annoyance, knowing how vindictive this woman can be. If she gives me extra assignments, I'll never have free time to go out again.

"Fine. – I grunt – Now can I leave? I don't want to be late for my next class."

"Of course, Ms. Clarke. You're dismissed."

"See you tomorrow, Ms. Clarke." I whip my head at Declan with a glare. He better not piss me off.

"Don't talk to her, Rocher!" Blake warns lowly, pulling me tighter against him.

Declan only winks at me with a smirk, knowing goddamn well how I feel about him. I'll reconstruct his fucking face again if he makes as much as one wrong move!

"I can't fucking believe it. What the fuck is he doing here?!" I grumble as I shove my stuff into the locker. The classes are finally over, but I've barely paid any attention in them. My mind is reeling with all the possibilities as to what Declan is doing here, with a new name nonetheless.

"I know, it's suspicious. But I don't think he'll cause trouble. He already knows the consequences." Blake calmly says, taking my hand to lead me to his football practice.

"Maybe... But I don't like it. The last time he showed up, you ended up in a hospital." I frown, sighing heavily.

"Yeah... but I'm stronger now. And I won't get provoked so easily." My man presses a kiss to my head before we walk to the field outside.

While Blake and the team get ready for practice, I take out my laptop, intending to work on a project for my architecture classes. I still have few weeks to finish it, but since I have to wait for Blake to be done anyway, I might just work on it now.

I work quietly on my computer while E.S. Posthumus fills my ears. I don't bother watching coach torture the guys with different plays, maneuvers and tactics. Usually it goes on for hours, so I manage to get done with all my homework and a big part of the architecture project.

I'm so immersed in my work that I don't hear someone approaching until their shadow appears in front of me. Are they done already?

I quickly take off my headphones and glance up, only to be met with coach's face. He stares at me curiously, reminding me of Mr. Carter back from high school. He always looked at me the same way – as if he didn't understand why is someone studying during football practice. It's quite amusing when I think about it.

"Aren't you bored?"

"Not really. – I smile – I'm quite busy to be honest." I chuckle, making the coach shake his head incredulously. "What is it, Mr. Jones?" I know he didn't approach me out of boredom. He's got to have some agenda.

"I need your help for a moment."

"Sure, with what?" I close my laptop, quickly saving my files, then put it in my bag, giving the coach my undivided attention.

Coach gestures at the field and I follow him down the bleachers to his booth, setting my bag on the bench before I'm handed a clipboard and a pen. I give the coach a questioning look, to which he only smiles then blows the whistle to get the guys.

"Alright boys! You're doing good. But now we gotta check a few things. Don't ask me why you have to do that. Now, you're going to do a 2-mile run, then a two-hundred-meter sprint, and finally 200 crunches and 200 push-ups and then a cool-down. Today we're testing your stamina, but tomorrow we're going to test your strength at the gym, so don't bother taking your gears." Coach explains loudly, getting some groans and murmurs from the team. I watch the change in guys' expressions before catching Blake's eyes. He winks at me and I blow him a kiss, which he pretends to catch and press to his heart. I giggle quietly, hiding my grin behind the clipboard. We keep sending each other air smooches until coach silences everyone and mentions my name, catching my attention.

"Ms. Clarke here will note your results, so do your best. Ms. Clarke?" I turn to the coach, only to be met with a teasing smile as he tries not to laugh. Shit, he saw my exchange with Blake.

"Yeah?"

"Are we ready?" I almost blush when I realize what he's implying.

"Sure." I smile as if I wasn't caught blowing kisses to my man seconds ago.

"Okay. Guys, go and change out of your gears then huddle up here. You got 10 minutes." Coach commands and the guys run to the changing rooms like their lives depend on it.

"Why the sudden stamina check?" I sit beside Mr. Jones on the bench, dividing the guys into 5-man teams for the sprint.

"We got into the championships, so I gotta make sure they're at their best. With the data from the test, I'll be able to plan the plays better and incorporate their strengths better." I nod in understanding. It makes sense.

"Okay, then." I shrug. It's not really my business how the coach prepares the team.

"You free tomorrow? I could use your help with noting things down." I almost grin at the uncertainty in Mr. Jones's voice.

"Sure, no problem." I give him a smile then go back to the clipboard.

The guys come back within few minutes, with most of them wearing tank tops, shorts and running shoes. Holy damn! My Cakey looks so hot! His defined muscles are glistening with sweat and his hair is tousled sexily due to him running his hand through it one too many times. Fuck, I better not drool in front of everyone.

Blake, as if noticing my stare, turns to face me, throwing me a cheeky wink. I trail my gaze over his body, biting my lip, then return his wink when I finally lock my eyes with his, feeling hot at the heavy lustful look in them.

"Okay, okay, you two. Break it off." David laughs, getting in front of Blake and blocking my view. I glare at him angrily. How dare he block me from ogling my sexy man!

I huff at him in annoyance then get back to the coach, who looks like he's trying really hard not to laugh. He blows his whistle, a bit too loudly if you ask me, then takes the clipboard from me. "Huddle up, ladies! – he calls out, before glancing at me apologetically – Sorry, miss Clarke."

"Just Lia. And it's fine." I chuckle.

"Alright! Courtesy of Lia, you don't have to bother using those bird brains of yours to make teams. – I almost snort at his mocking tone – We're going to start with the sprint. You got divided into 5-man groups. Here's how it's gonna go: Lia reads a name, you step forward then get on the starting line. You start at my mark then run. I'm going to take your time and Lia will note it down so I can evaluate your performance. Then she'll read next five names and so on. Got it?"

"Yes, sir!" The guys salute.

Coach turns to me, giving me a small worried frown. "You'll be alright here with this wild horde?"

"I'll manage." I grin, getting a nod in response before he walks away to the finish line, leaving me with the whole team.

"So, you're coach's assistant today, Lia?" One of the guys, Evan, smirks with a wiggle of his brows.

"Yeah. Okay! First five: Evans, Oliver, Jefferson, Knights and Jackson. Second group: Martinez, Lewis, Walker, Moore and Brown. Be ready." I call out and the guys do what the coach told them to do with no objections.

"Wait, which Evans?" David chuckles when both he and Simon come out.

"If I meant Simon, I'd say little Evans." I joke with a chuckle, causing the guys to laugh.

The first five guys go to the starting line and I check if none of them cross it, pecking Blake's lips when I pass by him, then give an 'okay' to the coach. He shoots the starter pistol and the guys shoot out from their positions, sprinting towards the finish line. My man is so hot!

When they're done, I wait for the coach to write down the times and names and give the second group an okay to run. Once he has all records, I'll put them in the chart and the guys will start the trek.

As I read out the names for the third group, I feel Blake wrap his arms around my waist and pull me to his sweaty chest, putting his chin on my head. The guys from the team don't even bother hiding their amusement, laughing at us and teasing.

After the sprint, it's time for the 2-mile run. The guys are doing it all together and coach and I write down the times before I put them in the charts. I watch my man the whole time, entranced by his sexy muscles. Oh god, I'm gonna need a cold bath after this.

Blake is so fucking hot. I'm a lucky bitch to call him mine.

Once the guys are done with the runs, they get in pairs and lie down in one line to get ready for the crunches. Since I'm a really helpful girlfriend, I make sure no one gets paired with Blake but me. He lies on the grass while I sit on his feet and hug his legs to hold him down.

"Ready? 200 crunches. Go at your own pace, it's not a speed test. But whoever doesn't do all 200 will get a penalty. The partners will count, and no fucking cheating, got it?! Time limit – 30 minutes." Coach blows the whistle and Blake immediately begins at a quick and steady pace. Two hundred is nothing for him.

I give my man a peck every time he sits up, getting groans and grumbles from the guys beside us. "Oh knock it off! How are we supposed to do this with you two sucking faces?!"

I only give them a quick grin then turn back to Blake just in time for a kiss. Blake is one of the first three to finish, having taken barely five minutes, so we wait for the rest of the guys. Some of them are really struggling, while others go slow but steady.

Surprisingly, no one gets a penalty, even though it looked like some guys wouldn't make it. After the 30 minutes is over, the coach blows the whistle. "Change up!" Blake and I exchange amused looks before I take off my cap and hoodie and lay them on the grass beside me. I lie down in front of Blake, getting some shocked looks from the rest of the team and a laugh from the coach.

"Oooh, guys, you got competition! Don't you dare embarrass me and be slower than a girl!" I almost laugh at the threatening tone in coach's voice.

"Don't worry, coach. She won't make it to 200! She's a girl!" One of the guys scoffs, giving me a mocking look. Oh, you're gonna swallow those words, pretty boy.

Blake glares at the guy for a moment then turns to me with a glint in his eyes. "Show him what you're made of, kitten." He smirks, leaning in for a kiss.

The coach gives the signal to begin and I immediately set a pace that has others gaping at me in shock. If they only knew what my usual workout regimen looks like. This is a piece of cake.

I finish my round first, getting a shocked but impressed look from the coach. "3 minutes and 4 seconds. Damn girl, you're good. That's more than 1 crunch a second!" He exclaims in shock, checking his timer again, as if he can't believe his eyes.

I sit cross-legged on the grass, with Blake behind me with his arms around my waist and his chin on my shoulder as we wait for the rest of the guys to be finished. I catch the guy who mocked me glaring at me as he pants heavily with every crunch he does. In your face, asshole!

I keep playing with Blake's hands as they rest over my waist while the coach yells at the guys to not give up when he sees some of them just lying on the ground.

"Hey Lia. – Simon walks up to us when his partner, James, is finally done – You were awesome! Are you going to do the push-ups too?" He asks excitedly as they both sit down in front of me and Blake.

I think about it for a moment. "Don't know. I wouldn't want to embarrass you guys even more." I tease, making Blake chuckle behind me. I don't mind him being all sweaty, it's not like it's my first time seeing him like that.

"Woah, woah. I may not be the best at crunches, but I'm sure I could beat you in push-ups." James nudges my shoulder playfully.

"Hmm? You sure about that? Wanna bet?" I nudge him back.

"Alright. What's at stake?"

I think about it for a moment. "How about, if I win, you buy me a chocolate cake."

"And if I win, you do my laundry." I scowl at this.

"Okay, that's disgusting."

"Are you afraid?" James smirks.

"Of you? Not a chance."

"So, you in?"

"Oh, I'm in." I smirk.

James, being the idiot he is, tells everyone that we're having a competition to see who does the 200 push-ups first, so now the whole team watches us instead of doing the exercise. The coach doesn't seem to mind, though. He looks pretty amused, to be honest.

"Okay, you guys ready?" Mr. Jones asks.

"Ready." "Yup" James and I reply simultaneously. David and Simon, who are going to count, only nod. Simon is going to count for James and David will count for me, since, I quote: 'Blake would most likely cheat cause I'm his girl'. James's words, not mine.

The coach blows the whistle and the hell breaks loose. I push myself to the limits, enjoying the burn in my muscles as the guys cheer for James, clearly having heard our deal. Oh, I am not doing his laundry. Not a fucking chance.

"And 200!" David exclaims victoriously. "Oh yeah, girl! You're the best!" I jump up from the ground and high five my friend, laughing happily.

"Oh yeah, a free chocolate cake! In your face, loser! Ha!" I kneel beside James, slapping his back.

"Damn it! I was so close!" He falls down on the grass, panting heavily.

"As if! – Simon mocks – She got over 30 push-ups on you! You never stood a chance." He laughs, giving me a high five.

I get up from the grass, stretching out, then skip to my man, who's watching me with pure pride in his eyes. He gathers me in his arms as soon as I'm close enough and gives me a toe-curling kiss, not even minding our audience.

"You were amazing, baby." He praises with a grin. I love it when we're like this. Playful, free and affectionate.

"Thank you, babe." I press my lips to Blake's in a quick peck, then turn around to the team.

"You sure are good, girl. – coach smirks – You beat my best players in something as simple as damn push-ups and crunches." He shakes his head.

"Sorry." I shrug unapologetically.

"My girl's amazing, isn't she?" Blake kisses my head.

Mr. Jones breathes out a chuckle, giving me back my clipboard. "How would you like the position of the team's manager? You might be helpful with pushing those boys to work out more." I'm surprised at the sudden offer.

"Coach, are you for real?" The same snarky guy that mocked me earlier exclaims in shock.

"Of course. I wouldn't ask if I wasn't serious, Martinez." Coach rolls his eyes.

I turn to Blake, wordlessly asking him for his opinion. "It would be nice to have you with me during practice." He smiles adoringly, cupping my face.

I lean up to give him a quick peck then turn to the coach.

"I'll do it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 64.9K 61
What do you do when the school's biggest player asks you to be his fake girlfriend? What do you do when you start having feelings for him? Lia is ba...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
22 0 7
Blake, one of the coldest investor's in NYC, is all set to be in her dad's footsteps in taking care of his business. Misa, a college student who have...