||ON HIATUS|| Enigmatic Love...

By vibonboooooon

A Love Story of Granger and Lesley. Due to misfortunes, Lesley Vance, who always ended up into something wors... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: The Invitation
Chapter 2: Fanny, The Expert Wingman
Chapter 3: Watching Her From Afar
Chapter 4: A Fragment of Her Past
Chapter 5: The Preparation
Chapter 6: That Nosebleed!
Chapter 7: Lightborn's First Anniversary [1]
Chapter 8: Lightborn's First Anniversary [2]
Chapter 9: Lightborn's First Anniversary [3]
Chapter 11: Please, Stay
Chapter 12: Back to His Old Self
Chapter 13: Where I First Met Him [1]
Chapter 14: Meet The Paxley Brothers
Chapter 15: Going Home
Chapter 16: The Dream
Chapter 17: Intertwined
Chapter 18: The Return of Prince Aurelius III
Chapter 19: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [1]
Chapter 20: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [2]
Chapter 21: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [3]
Chapter 22: The Lineal Descendant
Chapter 23: The Mission in Empire's South [1]
Chapter 24: The Mission in Empire's South [2]
Chapter 25: The Mission in Empire's South [3]
Chapter 26: The Mission in Empire's South [4]
Chapter 27: The Cure
Chapter 28: Afraid
Chapter 29: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [1]
Chapter 30: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [2]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 1K READS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 1.5K READS]
NOTICE! [THE SKETCH OF THE PAXLEY BROTHERS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 2K READS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 3K READS]

Chapter 10: The Battle

1K 63 169
By vibonboooooon

Chapter 10: The Battle

Lesley

"YOU SON OF A DEMON!" I yelled at Dyrroth while looking at him, with a hint of rage in my eyes. And I got even more angry and annoyed as he stifle a laugh.

"That was sweet of you, Miss Vance. Thank you, milady." He mockingly said as he grinned maliciously.

"And oh, the poisoned lasagna did not took effect?" He added as he flickered closer to me.

"You know, Miss Vance, you're supposed to forget all the memories that you had, even yourself." Said Dyrroth as he held my chin up. I looked at him with disgust, which made him chuckled.

"And I would be thanking God that the poison did not took effect!" I exclaimed, I was about to take the grenade from my belt bag but unluckily, he quickly held my arms, pinning me on the wall.

"Miss Vance, you don't deserve them, but I, deserve you. And you, deserve me." He said as he looked at me sternly.

"Deserve? I don't even know you personally and I don't even like you! What made you say those horrible things? You're being delusional!" I yelled as I tried to break free from his grasps, but damn! That demon is too strong!

"You're the one being delusional here, Miss Vance. Do you ever think that Rousseau will like you back? I know what you feel for him, perhaps, infatuation." Said Dyrroth that made me froze.

Granger, yes... I admit that I developed a little infatuation on him. But why the hell does this bastard have to mention him?

"I don't even care if he doesn't like me," I said as I looked down...

"It's just..." I continued.

Dyrroth was still grinning at me, he leaned onto my face and whispered which made me shivered, and tremble in fear, "Forget him, Miss Vance. Don't you ever think about hoping that he would like you back," He said, as he sniffed my neck which made me annoyed.

"I SAID I DON'T CARE!" I yelled and slammed my forehead onto his, which made him groaned in pain. I'm a good headbanger, no joke.

I did not waste my time to kick him by jumping higher, and giving him a good, rough kick on his disgusting face. I quickly flipped backwards, and landed perfectly behind him. I took the grenade from my pocket, quickly pulled the pin, and threw it to him.

As I jumped slightly backwards, the grenade blasted and made him knocked back on the wall and it cracked slightly.

And now, it's my chance to escape! I quickly camouflaged and exited Fanny's room, good thing I had the sniper.

I ran across the doors, as I made it to the stairs, I saw Granger running upstairs, "What happened, Miss Vance?" He asked me with a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Dyrroth followed me there, but luckily, I escaped. We need to warn everyone, now!" I said while panting, as I looked at him nervously.

"Follow me, Miss Vance," Said Granger as he took my hand, and led the way. And the way he dragged made me felt goosebumps, and my heart races faster, damn.

As we went to the hallway, the guests seems to be at peace. Fanny was there, dancing, "Fanny!" I called out, she looked at me and waved her arm.

"Dyrroth's back, we need to warn them." Said Granger that made Fanny's eyes widen, her eyebrows furrowed and looked at us with a hint of disbelief in her eyes.

"I'll take care of it, garden is the most safe place to stay," Said Fanny as she nodded her head and she went at the middle of the dancefloor.

"EVERYONE, LET'S EVACUATE AT THE GARDEN IMMEDIATELY!" Fanny yelled those words, over and over again until the guests can hear her shouting, and others were getting panicked.

"DON'T WORRY EVERYONE, FOLLOW ME!" Said Fanny as she led their way to the garden. All the guests followed her, even the family of Baroque and Paxley.

To my surprise, Gusion, Guinevere and her brother appeared in front of us, "Do you mind telling us what's going on?" Guinevere asked, and I can sense worry in her eyes.

"Dyrroth, is here." I answered which made her gasped.

"You mean, the Prince of the Abyss?" Guinevere asked, and I nodded.

"By the way, this is my brother, Lancelot." Said Guinevere, and his brother Lancelot, stepped in front and kneeled in front of me, he took my hand and planted a soft kiss. Granger clicked his tongue, and rolled his eyes out of annoyance.

"I'm Lancelot Baroque, pleased to meet you, Miss Vance." Said Lancelot as he looked up at me and smiled.

I smiled back, "Lesley is fine," I said and he nodded. Gusion was about to poke my shoulders, as I quickly dodged it.

"Lesley, hear me out, please." Gusion pleaded as I looked at him with a hint of annoyance in my eyes.

"Let's talk about this some other time, Mister Paxley," I said with a hint of authoritative in my voice and gave him a stern look. He frowned and nodded.

"We're here to help," Guinevere said as she held my hands.

I looked at her, and the way she looked into my eyes was sincere. "I'm sorry for what I've done, Guinevere." I said as I looked down and frowned.

Guinevere flashed a smile, "No, it's okay Lesley. Besides, past is past." She said as she lend her hand in front of me.

Since I knew Guinevere was true to her words, I gladly accepted it and shook our hands, we both smiled.

"Let's assemble, guys!" I said as we assembled at the center of the dancefloor.

Harith, Alucard, Tigreal and Princess Silvanna came, "Guys, you told me my brother went here, right?" My eyes widen as I heard the word brother, so Dyrroth wasn't lying after all.

"Yes, Princess Silvanna. You'll never-ever like what he did to Lesley," Said Granger while giving the princess a stern look.

The princess gave me a worried look as her gaze dropped to my neck, her eyes widened and her cheeks flustered, "I-I know what you're talking about, Chevalier Granger. I will give my brother the taste of my own medicine!" Said the princess as she raised her lance, the light took over the hallway that made us closed our eyes!

As the light faded, Silvanna's lance was glowing, "We need to be prepared," Said the princess, and we all nodded as an agreement.

As we're about to spread in the hallway, the entrance of the palace exploded, and got ruined!

And to our surprise, an army of demon, came towards us, "Damn, never knew that they would be so many," I mumbled to myself as I held my rifle tighter.

All of us positioned and now we're all ready to fight anytime, a woman appeared in front of the demons. She had horns on her head, with dark wings. And her outfit that gave her the bitch vibe.

"Well, well, well... hello, Silvanna, we're back." Said the woman with a seductive voice, and winked at the princess, that made the princess rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Not you again, Alice." Said Princess Silvanna, as she gritted her teeth, while looking at the woman named Alice.

"The most beautiful blood queen," Said Alice that made me short-tempered, as I walked beside the princess, I looked at them with a hint of rage in my eyes.

"You mean, the most disgusting blood bitch?" I said as I heard them snickered at Alice, I smirked.

"Lesley's right," Guinevere commented as she stuck out her tongue and snickered.

"I couldn't agree more," Alucard also commented as he stared at Alice, rage filled his eyes, and gritted his teeth.

Tigreal nodded as a sign of agreement.

"Me either!" Said Harith as he angrily looked at Alice, and his hands were glowing. I never knew Harith would be scary when he gets mad.

"Shut up!" Said Alice as she threw a blood orb and flickered in front of me. She evilly grinned as she held my chin.

"My, my... You're the one that our prince always talk about," She whispered at me and she chuckled evilly.

"I don't even give a damn about him, bitch." I said as I scornfully looked at her. I grinned at her evilly and to everyone's surprise,

I spitted on her face.

I didn't waste my chance to throw a grenade at her, she was knocked back and fell on the floor. Everyone gasped as if I did something unexpected! Alice looked at me with a hint of annoyance in her eyes.

"My, my! What a feisty woman!" Said Alice as she laughed like a crazy woman and stood up from the floor, wiping the saliva off her face.

"No wonder why the prince wants you so bad," She said as she chuckled, that made the princess annoyed and Granger loudly clicked his tongue.

"No matter what, we'll try our best to retrieve my brother, you witch!" Said the princess, and aimed the lance at Alice. Granger also aimed his pistol at the ugly witch, Gusion took out his daggers, and Guinevere let out a magic, purple orb on her hands.

"But, our prince decided to fight against you. There's no way that you could retrieve him back to his old self," Alice said, as she laughed mockingly which made us enraged.

"There's still hope left in me, Alice. I'll do everything to bring him back, even if it costs my life," Said Princess Silvanna, still aiming her lance at Alice.

"All we need is peace. Where everyone in Land of Dawn will die in despair, is the meaning of peace for us!" Alice exclaimed as her eyes turned red and her wings spread.

"Then, if you want peace, then prepare for war!" Said Princess Silvanna as she raised her lance up in the air.

"FOR MONIYAN!" Princess Silvanna exclaimed, and also raised our weapons and shouted,

"For Moniyan!" We said in unison, the army of demons are now charging towards us.

The battle has just begun.

Princess Silvanna leaped into Alice which created a circle on where she stands, "You can never escape now, Alice." Alice looked at Princess Silvanna with horror.

While Granger, Harith, Alucard, and Tigreal were now fighting the demons. All I can hear is the sound of the pistol, the magic fission created by Harith, Alucard wielding a sword and slashes it to the demons which made the black blood splattered on their outfits, and Tigreal does a set, for an easy kill to his comrades.

I camouflaged and ran away as far as I could, so that I could hide and shot them from the distance without being seen.

I hid myself behind the pillar, and now I'm away from them... I took the magazine from the belt bag, and gouge its bullet. I smiled as I knew the bullet of the pistol was the same size of the bullet of my rifle.

I quickly replaced the magic bullets, and put my old bullets inside my belt bag.

And now, it's all set.

All I need is to target Alice, or any other superior demons... I scanned the whole army of demons, and it seemed that Alice is the only superior demon in her army.

As I readied my weapon, I camouflaged, I was planning to find a spot where I can shoot any demons even in my peripheral vision..

Then I glanced at the stairs, at the edge of the palace...

Bingo!

I camouflaged again and I sneaked past the pillars, as I reached the stairs, I smiled.

As I was about to head upstairs, when someone grabbed me by my waist, I shrieked. Someone pulled me closer on its hard chest, I can feel the hot breath on my ear, and whispered,

"You forgot about me, princess."

That voice, made me shivered and froze to my spot. He's right, I didn't know he's still here.

"Dyrroth," I muttered, that made him chuckled evilly.

"That's right, going somewhere my princess?" He whispered as he dragged me upstairs, to the second floor. He dragged me back to Fanny's room which made me surprised, and at the same time, nervous.

He harshly dropped me on the bed that made me winced in pain as my head slammed on the wooden headboard and pinned me down, both holding my wrists tightly.

"What the hell do you want from me?!" I yelled at him, trying to break free from his grasps, but my strength was no match for him. He's unbelievably strong!

"Can't you see, Miss Vance, I'm been trying to keep myself from you for too long, but now... it's about time to take you away, and live with me forever." Dyrroth explained as he laughed evilly.

"Are you that much obsessed?" I scornfully asked him, while flailing my arms helplessly.

"Hell yeah, I am. I don't care if you don't want to be with me, Miss Vance. I guess I'll just take you away by force! Why don't you just surrender yourself to me?" Said Dyrroth as he kissed my jaw roughly.

"Never! Let me go, you demon!" I yelled as I kept wriggling my body.

"No one can hear you, Miss Vance. And to think that you can escape from me? Heh, not a chance." Said Dyrroth as I felt his lips down to my neck.

I'm getting tired, and I can feel myself losing my strength, my knees were trembling and so as my hands, damn! I feel terrified!

Good thing he didn't put his weight on top of me so I arched my body upward, and slid backwards and gave him a good, hard kick on his face.

Dyrroth whimpered in pain, "Damn!" He hissed as he cupped his face.

I camouflaged and rolled down on the floor, I took my grenade, pulled the pin and threw in front of him, I quickly rolled towards the door, and it made him knocked back, again.

He quickly stood up from the bed, looking at me with rage in his eyes. I camouflaged again and made my way out of the room. I ran as fast as I could but... holy Gord!

I looked back and I can see himself from the distance, and he's gaining on me! As my camouflage starts to disappear, I quickly hid myself inside the room that was near to the stairs.

As I went inside the room, I shut the black door completely, locking the door was not enough, maybe I should make a barricade?

But this room was damn neat.

.

I sat on the bed, feeling exhausted, as I can feel myself breathing heavily, panting. And lay down on the bed just to rest only for a while.

"Damn," I muttered as I closed my eyes emphatically.

As I opened my eyes, I scanned the whole room and it gave me a gloomy vibe. The wall was painted in gray, the large cabinet was black, also the bed!

Oh Gord, whoever sleeps in this room, I must say, it's kinda a little scary to sleep here.

I glanced at the black cabinet, I wonder what's inside the cabinet? I feel like something urges me to open it...

I stood up from the bed and slowly walked closer to the cabinet. As I opened the cabinet, my eyes widen, as I saw some art materials and...

It's the two paintings from earlier.

But I just left the paintings inside the music room! How come the two paintings were here inside this dark, gloomy room?

There's something different about the painting, I wonder what that is...

I took the painting, and that was the painting of myself at the gazebo, with a flower on my hair.

And to my surprise, I noticed the signature of the painter, at the left corner of the canvas. I stared at the painter's signature wide-eyed, as I felt my heart beating faster than before, and I can feel my cheeks getting hotter, and redder.

"I-I can't... b-believe this," I mumbled to myself.

Rousseau...

-

Hello! How's quarantine? Keep safe, and have a great day, everyone!

The identity of the painter was revealed, and... Oh, Gord! I'm going insane, haha!

By the way, any thoughts of this chapter? I want to know so that I can improve. I feel like it's all messy, haha!

Dat Granger clicking his tongue tho, haha!

Lots of love! <3

-Rhealyne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...