Dead and Not Buried

By makeandoffer

Leah Preston was a normal 17 year old girl, until she wakes up and finds herself staring at her own lifeless... More

Dead and Not Buried
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The day i died.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- My lifeless body.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Parties, Ghosts & Ex-Lax.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'Nothing about me is pea sized'
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The boyfriend.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'You don't have to touch me'
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Feeling my presence.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Little white lies?
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Haunted Cafeteria.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Naked arguments.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The night it changed.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The morning after
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Invasion of privacy
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Laughing fits.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The ride home.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Psychic Ruth.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Talking it through.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Not playing fair.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The best friend.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- A slut, or a murdering hoe?
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Didn't know she had it in her.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Pool parties and the killer.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Denial.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Getting the plan together.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Slip of the tongue confessions.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Oakley Lake.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Watching my death.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk-To pull this off, you need to be crazy..
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Under questioning.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Final Goodbyes.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Light (FINAL CHAPTER)

I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Misleading text messages.

571K 19.3K 12K
By makeandoffer

Jared POV

After that, the party was pretty much over for me. I quickly left, not saying goodbye to anyone and went back to my house. I wasn't in the mood right now to be dealing with drunken idiots and girls who are throwing themselves, and their underwear, at me.

I didn't sleep a wink that night, everything just kept replaying in my head.

Leah was dead. And the bitch was haunting me.

I don't understand why I am the only one who can see her. I don't even know how she died, I thought she had just done a Leah and disappeared for a few days.

I kept ignoring this feeling in my stomach. It kept popping up when I thought of Leah being dead, which was basically non-stop. Did I miss her? How could I considering she wasn't actually gone. I think it was just the fact that she was dead, I mean I may hate her but I can't lie and say that I don't enjoy spending time with her, I mean who doesn't enjoy pissing other people off?

Yeah cos that's the reason why you enjoy spending time with her.

I ignored this little voice in my head, the stupid pain in the ass.

After my sleepless night, I got changed and made my way to school. The entire day went by in a daze, I vaguely remember people talking to me and me giving them sort of response, like a shrug or a grunt. It was only at lunch that I started to pay attention.

"You really are a jerk Jared!" Eve hissed, sitting down on the table I was on in the cafeteria.

I looked up, not really bothered by the comment.

"Wow, you tell me that as if I've never heard it before" I replied. "I'm hurt Clear, I may have to go home and cry soft tears"

She glared at me. "Thanks to you I'm lacking my best friend for the next few days!"

This caught my attention. Do I tell her about Leah being dead?

Of course not idiot, what are you going to say, your best friends dead and I know this because I saw her ghost last night?

Fair point annoying voice.

"It's not my fault." I mumbled. She kept whining, and rested her head on Max's shoulder.

It was me, Eve, Max, Seth and Tyler sat on the table.

"Baby, I'm bored, trip to the janitors closet?" Carmen purred in my ear, and started rubbing my arm. Oh yeah, she was sat here too.

Carmen was my latest thing. She thought we were dating, I got pretty adequate sex. It was a good arrangement.

"Baby?" it would be an even better arrangement if her voice didn't make me want to slap her every time she spoke.

"How do you know Leah took off?" I asked Eve, ignoring Carmen. She sighed and took her hand off my arm, slumping back down on her seat.

"She text me Monday night" Eve responded, taking her head off Max's shoulder, much to his disappointment. I swear them two are screwing...

"and me" Seth piped up, taking a bite out of his burger. I liked the guy and all, but sometimes I had a sudden urge to rip his pale little head off. Why, I don't know.

Leah couldn't have text them Monday night, I didn't know for definite, but I'm assuming that's the night she died. I don't think she would have really had time to stop to text?

"What did the text say exactly?" I asked them both.

Eve got her phone out of her pocket, looking slightly confused as to why I was asking so many questions about this. She pressed a few buttons, and then started reading the text.

"'Hey, taking off for a few days, need time to myself, that argument really got to me earlier. I'll text you in a few days to see when I'm coming back. Love you xoxo'" she read the text off her phone from Leah, making me wince a little when she mentioned the argument.

"I got the same text, apart from mine said Love you babe" Seth smiled sheepishly.

How was that input at all helpful? Again, I had that urge for the head ripping thing.

"What the hell happened between you two Monday?" Max asked, looking slightly amused.

"Nothing we just had an argument" I replied, a little too quickly. I swiftly recovered with something that I was more likely to say "It's not my fault that girl is so freaking sensitive is it?"

Much better, its definitely more you. Asshole-ish.

I had a sudden urge to grab the fork on the table and stab myself in the head, just so I could shut this damn voice up.

"Well you must have said something really bad for her to take off, she hasn't done that in so long" Eve scowled at me. I knew she didn't like me, I think it was because Leah hated me and she felt the need to support her best friend. Women and their loyalties.

"Nothing different to usual" I mumbled. She just rolled her eyes.

The only reason we hung out is because of Max. They've been this weird couple thing for as long as I remember. They weren't officially dating, I think they were still screwing, and whenever either of them went out with anyone else they would bicker because they were jealous.

I remember one time a few months ago Max was seeing this other girl, Eve didn't like it, so her and Leah invited her round for a 'girly night' which ended with the poor girl coming into school the next day with half of her hair shaved off. I've gotta admit, it was pretty funny.

That's why so many people were scared of them; Leah and Eve were the two girls in this school who you just don't fuck with. They were both crazy, and that teamed up with the scheming little minds it did not add up well for any other girl, or guy for that matter, in this school who got on their bad side.

Max wasn't much better though to be fair, the last guy Eve dated ended up with a broken nose.

So all in all, those two were pretty suited.

"Anyway, I rang Leah's mum the same night to make sure she knew, you know what Leah's like, and she said she got the same text. She was pretty fine with it, as usual"

Both me and Eve scoffed. One thing we did agree on, when it came to parenting, Leah's mum was about as adequate as a dead dog. It always amazed me that every time Leah pulled one of her disappearing acts, she was never bothered about it. We've lived on the same street for 10 years, so I've seen her go off many of times, and each time my parents would go over to make sure that her mum was coping okay, and each time they were amazed by how phased she actually wasn't.

"Right I'm bored talking about her" Carmen moaned next to me, saying the word her with as much venom as she could spit out. I don't know why, but she seemed to think that me and Leah had a 'thing' therefore they were never really the best of friends.

Fair enough we did, but the only 'thing' me and Leah shared now was a mutual hatred.

The next thing I knew, I heard Carmen scream and the lightshade above her head shattered, sending broken class sprinkling over our heads. I quickly lunged out of my seat; pulling Carmen out of the way as the lightshade came crashing down directly where she was sitting.

I may not actually like the girl, but I'm not going to let her die am I?

We both tumbled onto the floor, as the remaining glass from the lightshade smashed onto the seat. This automatically sent everything into chaos, and I heard a few screams around the cafeteria.

 I looked at our table, which was now empty as Max pulled Eve out of the way, and Seth and Tyler also moved pretty snappishly.

"What the hell just happened? Who ever put those bloody things on the ceiling clearly is lacking skill in the job they are doing!" Eve screamed. "Are you okay?"

I noticed she actually asked me, not Carmen. She wasn't particularly fond of Carmen either to be honest. I nodded my head and got to my feet, as did Carmen who was still letting out small screams and repeating the words 'oh my god' over and over. Eve sighed.

"Should have let the damn thing crush her..." Eve muttered under her breath. I had to stop myself from laughing.

"Oh baby, you saved my life!" Carmen cried and wrapped her arms around my neck, making me feel like I was being choked.

Maybe I should have let that thing crush the annoying bitch.

--

I was now home, it had just gone 4 and I was later home than usual considering our entire table had to be taken to the medical room to make sure we were okay. I had to stop myself from backhanding Carmen who was clinging on to my arm like leech, now I saved her life I'm thinking she might be in love with me or something?

Oh Christ, what have I done?

I was sat on my bed, with my back against the wall thinking about what happened in the cafeteria. My room wasn't big, but it had my bed in the corner, a desk with a TV and CD player/radio on it, a wardrobe and a sofa. It was a little cramped, but it would do. I only used this room for sleeping and robbing girls of their dignity.

"Your room is an actual shit heap" I literally must have jumped out of my skin as I heard that voice. I looked over at the sofa and saw Leah sat down, with her legs crossed looking around my room with a disgusted look in her eyes. It only clicked a few seconds later, but when she made me jump I let out a scream. Well, more of a shriek to be honest. Leah's face turned into one of pure amusement.

"Very butch" she said, trying to hide her grin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Wrong Time By M³

Paranormal

58K 3.4K 46
#1 in Paranormal 15/12/20 and 31/10/2021 #1 in Paranormal Love 13/04/19 and 21/10/2021 Everyone has been told at least one ghost story during their l...
45.8K 2.7K 89
|Completed | A crossover w/ @_ntsha (go to her profile for her version!) Four strangers from diverse walks of life meet on a cruise and spend an unfo...
353 24 24
17 year old Carter gray had her life turned upside down when she woke up dead one day. Crazy I know.she can no longer talk to her mother in the morni...
71 3 13
Name: Jack Phillips. Age: 17. Cause of Death: Drowning. Days Dead: 8. Jack Phillips' death was believed to be an accident. But he knows it wasn't. N...