Our Sensational Future

By chonisloves

It's been 15 years since Cheryl and Toni have graduated high school and their lives couldn't be better. Two y... More

cast descriptions
a typical day
the trouble with tayleigh
Bonus Chapter- i love you so much evabear
more kids?
the newest editions
meeting the girls
dead mother's daughter
the photo album
what the night brings
the wake
tantrums, tantrums, tantrums
suggestion page
the road trip
i just want this to last forever
the christmas spirit
what christmas means to me
terrible sister?
promises
tayleigh's birthday
"i'm happy i get to be a big brother"
i'm leaving
we do it as a family
wedding bells
goodbyes
characters
the last 3 years
the suprise!
the sorta siblings
"you'll never be alone"
one step closer to home
finally home
catching up- part one
catching up- part 2
taken
the rescue mission
recovery and aftermath
park day
"just simply because i love you"
never want to grow up
together
gotcha day!
a fun lil game
power outages and would you rather
gender reveal!
we can't change the past
bonding time
would you like to be adopted?
jealousy
keep the ones you love close
meet our 3 new kids
despite everything
morning routine
new characters? middle names?
disney trip pt.1
disney trip pt.2
i made an insta account for this book!
disney trip pt.3
disney insta posts pt.1
disney insta posts pt.2
we all cry sometimes
waiting room
noah flynn jones
gifted
easter disaster
all about avani
"i'm the lucky one"
nationals day one pt. 1
important a/n
nationals day one pt. 2
nationals day two
fights and advice
cheryl's interview
adventures in babysitting
bruno the dog
grace's family tree
the big graduation
forever family
christmas oneshot
SUPRISE

pre nationals

501 12 12
By chonisloves

A/n: i wasn't expecting to write about this but i'm a competitive dancer so i figured it would be interesting for me to write about :)

toni's pov

this weekend is going to be insane. and all about the girls. not only is there a dance competition but it's nationals which is the biggest and last competition of the year.

even though the venue, which is a hotel, is only 40 minutes away from our house we still booked hotels rooms and are staying there for the weekend.

it's friday night and we're all packing. normally we would have juniper, dagwood, and cora on fridays but betty and jughead decided to take them so we had less stress off our backs considering we have 6 kids competing this weekend and they only have 3.

"i never thought i would say this but i'm actually excited for this dance competition." brandon says to me while i'm packing a small suitcase. he's sitting on me and cheryl's bed just watching and engaging in conversation. "really? why's that?" i ask him. "well because this time it's at a hotel and everyone's families are going to watch. gianna's going to be there." he says.

"i love your relationship with her." i say honestly. "really? thanks mom." he says and smiles. "i just love seeing you happy. you are my first born after all." i say. "yea i'm pretty lucky." he says. "you definitely are." i laugh. "oh and don't forget a bathing suit. there's a pool at the hotel. tell liam too." i say. "ok i will." he says and walks out.

i finish up packing my stuff because it really wasn't a lot and now i have to iron and steam all of the costumes to make sure they are perfect without wrinkles. cheryl is helping all the girls in the living room with there dream duffles.

(that's what dream duffel is)

we've been to 3 regional competitions so far this year so we've seen all the kids compete there dances before but nationals is really important because they can win titles and scholarships. ella, tayleigh, and grace all have solos.

grace has been undefeated in her category at every regional competition this year which is amazing. ella and tayleigh have both only won once but that's simply because the age division there in is a lot harder. ella wants to win so badly at nationals though because it's been her dream forever. grace and tayleigh both don't really care if they win or not but when they do they are so proud of themselves.

angelica has been dancing her whole life but since she went to la to persue acting for 3 years that meant she had to take a break from dancing. she's still very good at it but she wasn't able to have a solo this year so she's in all the group dances.

evi has a duet with vivi that has actually never been performed on stage before. the dance teacher didn't want them to perform it at regionals because she wanted to save it for nationals. all the girls have group dances they are in along with whatever special dances they might have. on saturday is the group dances and sunday is the solos and duet.

i finish ironing and steaming all the costumes and go downstairs. i'm suprised when i see that all of the dream duffles are already by the door, just waiting for the costumes to be placed on the rack. i go into the living room and see that all the kids are sitting on the couch and grace is running her solo in front of all of them.

i take a seat on the arm of the couch and wait for her to finish. when she does everyone claps. "that was perfect gracie!" cheryl says and gives her a high five. "thanks!" she says and sits on the couch. "great job. you are definitely ready for nationals." i say. "thank you mama." she says and smiles.

"gracie you are going to kick ass at competition this weekend." liam says. "definitely." angelica nods. "grace always does good with her solo though." tayleigh. "true." i say.

"ok whose turn is it next?" cher asks. "me!" evi says. "can you run your duet for me sweetie?" i ask her. "nooo i want to do the group dance." she whines. "ok first group dance then duet." i say and she makes her way to the middle of the living room. cheryl plays the music and she starts dancing.

ev absolutely dominates her group dance no doubt about it. although it doesn't matter to five year olds she's front and center the entire dance. she knows how to work it and makes the cutest facial expressions on stage.

evi finishes her dance and falls on the floor. "that dance is so much work." she huffs. "yea well you shake your butt at least 50 times." ella laughs. "duet now ok?" i say. she nods and stands up. cheryl plays the music and she starts dancing again. about halfway through she forgets the dance and freezes. "keep going. you can do it." aiden whispers.

"i can't remember it." she says and starts crying. cheryl stops the music and pulls ev up on on her lap. "you did wonderful from what you remembered." cher says softly. "but i forgot it." ev cries. "i know it's ok. it happens. your probably just tired baby." cheryl says and kisses her head.

my main worry is that ev is going to freeze on stage which would cause vivi to freeze on stage and then it would just be a disaster. i'm really hoping that doesn't happen on competition day because that can be traumatizing for little kids.

"can i go next?" tayleigh asks. "yea go ahead tay." i say. tayleigh and ella both runs there solos with no problems and then they all start to run the production number that they all have together. (if your not a dancer productions are dances with all the competition teams at your studio and it's all different ages).

once they finish we all clap.

"ok is everyone tired now and ready to go?" i ask. "yes!" everyone says. "pajamas on and everyone meet back here." cheryl says and everyone scatters. i make sure all of the costumes get packed and put them in the dream duffles.

everyone ends up coming downstairs in a timely manner and once we all have everything we need we start filling up our car. our luggage for this weekend took up almost half of our car which is insane but we're a family of 10 right now so it makes sense. we all get into the car and i drive to the hotel.

"you guys are here finally!!!" veronica says while coming outside once we get parked. "yup. it didn't take too long." i say. "well do you need help with anything?" she asks. "we've got some sleeping kids so that'd be something you can help with." i say. "i have 2 sleeping kids in our hotel room already. archie's with them." v laughs.

"at least there already sleeping for tonight. how's avani reacting to all this weird traveling going on and stuff?" i ask. "she's fine. just kind of chilling. she's probably confused but i mean she's just happy all the time." ronnie says.

"is vivi still, well you know?" i say. "yes. she basically hates me. she is not backing down this fight and she is so stubborn to the point where i literally don't even know what to do. it sucks and i honestly just want my daughter back. but what am i supposed to do? apologize?" ronnie says. "well maybe you should. if she's going to continue this then it might be best." i say. "yea maybe your right. i'll talk to her when we get back to the room." she sighs.

"good. can you take evi? i'll get aiden. the rest are awake." i say. veronica nods and walks around the car to get to the side that ev is on. cheryl is getting all of the bags out of the trunk and the rest of the kids are all slowly getting out of the car. i unbuckle and pick up aiden hoping he doesn't wake up. kang's family walk out of the hotel lobby and over to our car.

"well well well. the choni fam has arrived." kevin says. "what are you all still doing awake? it's 1 in the morning." cheryl says. "it's not that late." kayla says. none of there kids do dance but they came to support the other kids.

brandon runs over to gia and she jumps in his arms. "hi baby." he says. "hey babe." she says and they kiss.  "i'm glad you could make it." brandon says after putting her down. "i can't wait to spend the weekend with you." gia says and they kiss again. layla makes gagging noises and i laugh a little bit.

"we'll help with bags." fangs says. "oh ronnie's here too? hey." kev says. "hi kev." veronica says with a sleeping ev in her arms. "oh that's ev i thought it was viv." fangs says. "nope she's with archie and the rest of the kids in the hotel room. i'm just helping cheryl and toni out." v says and kevin nods.

"hi lays." grace says and hugs layla. "hi gracie. i'm so excited to watch you perform tomorrow." she says. "thanks. i'm excited to perform." grace says.

"mom can we go now? i want to go to bed." tayleigh says. "yea let's get inside guys." cheryl says and we all go into the lobby. we just kind of chill for a little while cheryl is checking our rooms in.

room one is me, cheryl, evi, and aiden. room two is tayleigh, angelica, grace, and ella. and brandon and liam have there own room.

to be honest i don't even remember anything that happened after that. i completely crashed the minute my head hit the pillow and was ready for the crazy weekend ahead.

A/n: are any of you guys dancers? because if not it might be really hard for you to understand the next chapter 😂

i have specific pictures i want to use for the dance competition so the insta posts will be next chapter in case you were wondering

love you guys and i hope y'all are safe from the virus ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 801 20
Cheryl is a "broken" teen, who has been through hell and back. She is accepted by her mother but picked on at school because of her father and broth...
13K 373 41
[COMPLETED] [35,000 - 40,000 WORDS] It's been two years since Veronica and Jughead broke up. Veronica moved back to New York and has new friends and...
39.8K 638 14
Jughead and Betty are best friends. They each know each other's weakness and darkness, but their feelings change for the weird when high school start...
1.9K 95 26
A family returns to Riverdale after thirteen years. What was their reason for moving back home? Was Riverdale worth returning home to?