Mafia Amor

By karolwrites

An influential and powerful figure, a strong-headed and stubborn lawyer, and a rocky start that binds them to... More

Characters of Mafia Amor
1: New Horizons
2: Escaping Reality
3: Accomplice in Training
4: Unfolding the Truth
5: Slow Down Baby
6: Confidential
7: Preparation 101
8: Bounding Consequences
9: Oh Father
10: The Solace Family
11: Discovery
12: Christopher Solace
13: A Friend of the Past
14: Explaining the Mess
15: Mommy Dearest
17: There Was Five
18: Past Demons
19: The Return of Killian Keller
20: Truth Revelation
21: Loving You
22: The Rain Upon Us
23: Turning a New Leaf Over
Bonus 1: Feast of Events (Part 1)
Bonus 1: Feast of Events (Part 2)
Bonus 2: Truth Bomb Ignited (Part 1)
Bonus 2: Truth Bomb Ignited (Part 2)
Bonus 2: Truth Bomb Ignited (Part 3)

16: The Big Apple

8.7K 184 8
By karolwrites

- LEILA MARTINELLI -

Since I could understand the concept of good and bad, I knew which side my family was on.

Maybe I was the black sheep of my family, but I wanted nothing to do with the Martinelli business.

It's why I tend to be closer to my mom and her side of the family.

Can't say the same for my brother.

I love my brother, don't get me wrong. However, this life wasn't cut out for me, and I knew that early on. Unfortunately, my dad and brother tried hard to convince me otherwise, but as you can see, that didn't work.

Luca and I were close when I was younger, but this job fucked it up. With his newly found responsibilities and my uninterested ass, life pulled us apart.

It's the very reason why I left with my parents to move to Portugal and I've been content ever since.

My relationship with my brother has strained quite a bit, not to mention with our cousins, Penelope and Nathan. They're tight knit, I, on the other hand, have always been left out because of my age and interests. It's why I am closer to our other cousins, Emilio and Vanessa.

So when Luca told our parents and I that he had a girlfriend, we were shocked to say the very least. He's never been in many relationships because of his work, which is why I was even more shocked to hear that he wanted me to hang out with her and get to know her.

This girl must have him wrapped around her finger for him to be taken.

I guess his bachelor days are over, hopefully.

Honestly, I was expecting some rich, famous model or something of that sort, but I was in for a surprise.

A good surprise.

Not saying that she wasn't beautiful, but she didn't seem like the typical type my brother would go after, which did intrigue me in some way.
Even her personality was genuine. Most of the girls he would bring over were entitled brats.

It was refreshing.

Luca wanted me to have a 'girls day' as he liked to call it with Penelope and his girlfriend, who's name I've learned is Catalina. This little outing was so Catalina and I could bond and get to know each other.

Apparently, he had an urgent business meeting with Damien who is his assistant that helps him run the casinos to make sure everything is up and running smoothly. The casinos are only to cover up his shit with the mafia he's running.

Not to mention I've always disliked Damien. He has always made me feel uncomfortable. I've met him a couple of times when I would visit from Portugal and see him at events Luca would host or be invited to.

From what I know he has a fiancé named Lorein in which they have been together for about four to five years.

They share three teenage girls by the names of Adalyn, Brittany, and Peyton.
Brittany and Peyton are Damien's daughters from his previous marriage and Adalyn is from Lorein's previous marriage.

I've met Brittany and Peyton a couple of times since they always seem to accompany their parents, but I can't say the same thing for Adalyn.

I only know about her existence because the fiancé, Lorein, seems to bring her up at times, but aside from that, they never mention her, like ever. It's like she doesn't exist in their picture perfect family.

Maybe she doesn't like to go out? That I can understand because I don't even like attending these things.

"Look at you, cous! Looking all cute." Penelope cooed as she pinched my cheeks.

"Hands off or I swear I'll break your damn hands." I hissed.

"Gosh, what got your panties all in a bunch?"

"Don't touch my cheeks," I shot back. "Oh that sounded so wrong."

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Lei. I know what you meant."

"No, but in all seriousness, is this girl actually nice or is she some two faced bitch who only acts nice in front of my brother?"

"Hey! Don't say that."

"Um, sorry? If I must remind you all of his past disposables haven't had the best track record."

"She's genuinely nice. Give her a chance, she'll surprise you."

"Fine, but the minute I see her acting sketchy I'm calling her out."

Penelope simply rolled her eyes at my statement as Catalina made her way towards us.

"Leila, it's so nice to meet you!" Catalina said with a smile.

I didn't really speak to Catalina during the Christmas party. The only time I even remotely spoke with her was when we entered the house and her and my brother greeted us.

It was quick and brief.
Like my past hookups.

"Catalina, hi!" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic.

I didn't know how to keep conversation going and I think Penelope took notice in that because the next thing I knew, we were in the car driving to the mall.

Bless Penelope and her ability to sense awkward silence.

•••••

We walked for hours on end because of Penelope. That woman can shop till she drops and I'm not even kidding.

We only stopped because she was hungry, even after hearing the complaints Catalina and I made about being tired and hungry.

She still kept going until she was hungry.

While Penelope waited on some pizza she ordered from the dinning pavilion I tried my best to ignore the awkward silence shared between Catalina and I.

I scrolled through my phone and even fake texted so it looked like I was busy.

I avoided conversation like the damn plague.

It was a blur as to how we even started talking, but by the time Penelope came back with our pizza Catalina had explained the whole fiasco as to how she ended up meeting my brother.

"You told her, didn't you, Cat?" Penelope nonchalantly asked as she pointed her finger at me.

"Yeah, I think I broke her," Catalina mumbled. "She's starting to scare me, Pen. Why isn't she talking?!"

I looked like a fish with its mouth wide open.

How in the world did she end up staying with my brother after everything? Either she's head over heals in love with him or crazy like him.

Well I mean she sound just as crazy as my brother, so they're probably meant to be.

"React, dumbass!" Penelope said, slightly slapping my face till I closed my mouth.

- CATALINA E. SOLACE -

Returning home from our shopping trip, I heavily blamed Penelope and her shopping addiction for my exhaustion.

While unpacking everything I had bought at the mall, Nathan walked in. "Luca wants to talk to us."

"Where?" I asked, still packing my things away.

"Same as usual. In his office."

"Okay." I said, followed by a nod as he left.

•••••

Arriving at his office, everyone was huddled in a circle, hovering over Luca's desk.
Penelope, Jaxon, Nathan, and Leila were all here.

Nathan wasn't kidding.

"What's going on?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"We are going to New York!" Leila beamed.

.

.

.

.

Heyyo! I know this is out of context, but I've been rewatching Criminal Minds and I'm in absolute awe.

I am still obsessed with the show!!

Fun fact, this show and two other telenovelas I grew up watching on the network Telemundo called "Señora Acero" & "Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso" are the reason I wrote Mafia Amor in the first place.

Quick question, if you do watch Criminal Minds, who is your favorite?

My favorites are Reid, Prentiss, and Garcia.
I just love them!

- Karol <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 82 16
Jen is the college badass. She rides a motorcycle, has her own house, has killer fighting skills and don't let me forget she's the daughter of the bo...
6.2K 360 54
• Mature Audience ~ (Trigger Warning) It will contain strong language, physical, mental trauma, smut and smoking. • A fatal attraction between a da...
945K 33.6K 30
Catalina and Diego never got over each other after high school, but years later they meet by chance, and multi-millionaire Diego sweeps her off of he...
9.4M 234K 32
[WARNING: This book has mature content in it, such as sexual content, violence and substance abuse. I suggest reading if you are 18 or older.] ▪•▪•▪ ...