Delicate

By Tippy446

Book 2: The Fated Chronicles Will doesn't trust anyone. Doesn't let them in because he doesn't want to get hu... More

Author's Note
Grammar Nazis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Extra
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Patreon
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Extra
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Extra
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
PLEASE READ
Chapter 80
Writing Delicate
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Delicate Extra 1

Chapter 50

73K 3.4K 5.5K
By Tippy446

Picture of Will😫💛😤

Guys..... this is chapter 50...... WHAT THE FUCK. This is going so fast, slow and long at the same time lol.

Also, I have no clue why everyone was hating on Amelia. She didn't really do anything big enough to warrant the amount of hatred people were showing to her last chapters. And I get it if you just don't like her character, but if we're judging based off her actions - cut the girl some slack.

She found her mate, knew Damon was in love with her for years and had violent tendencies - I don't think any one of you in her position would've gone to Damon and introduced her literal soulmate to his face. He probably would've done something violent - let's just be honest here.

Yeah, I know he's a whole sweetheart, I LOVE DAMON, but he wasn't like that with anyone but Will, he wasn't even like that with her who he loved so I mean... can you really blame the girl? Like can you really????

Personally, I love Amelia. She was great in Beta Mates but I guess I should expect the hatred since most readers still hate Emitt for reasons I can't comprehend. I love Emitt and I love Amelia, period.

Okay, that's it for my rant - enjoy the chapter.

-------------

Will's P.O.V

Ice-cream. I was supposed to be on my way to have ice-cream with my boyfriend, not staring at his ex and her partner.

It seemed like every time things started to go well in life, it seemed like something or someone always appeared to jeopardise it all. It was the circle of life and I, being someone who'd experience the loop several times, should've seen it coming. But I didn't.

I knew inside that it was wrong to compare Amelia, a person I didn't know, to the toxins I'd encountered in this world but that was exactly what my mind projected her as in my thoughts, a poison that would somehow kill what was between Damon and me.

Amelia just put me on edge.

I'd only met her once and her interaction with Damon had been less than pleasant for me. They had a history together, a lot of history, and not knowing any of it was hard for me. I was never one to leave things in the background, especially when my heart was involved, but at the time leaving the subject of Damon's past with Amelia seemed like the best thing for him, for our relationship.

And I knew it was, I knew it was... but I couldn't help but wish that I'd asked him for a bit more detail so I wasn't standing here so annoying oblivious.

I only knew three things about Amelia; she was Damon's best friend, their friendship went beyond the usual parameters of friendship for him and she'd done something to hurt him deeply.

That was it.

While Damon was telling me about his deepest darkest secrets, he hadn't said a single word about his best friend until she showed up and he had to. He'd hidden her existence and their relationship, and it honestly rose up some red flags that took a lot of work to pull down.

I didn't want to let his past affect our present but knowing anything about it was terrifying.

So far, no one had said a single word as we all stood just outside of the armoury. Damon and I were standing opposite Amelia and a man I didn't think I knew.

I couldn't see either of their faces or the expressions on them, which was annoying given the circumstances. The only reason I knew it was Amelia was because of the way Damon stiffened beside me the moment he saw them, the hurt inside of him quickly flooding my veins.

The two of them were holding hands just like we were, a clear symbol of unison and love. I suppose the four of us probably looked like two walls facing off, waiting for someone on the other side to fire first.

I could only hope that our foundations were built well.

"Hi," Amelia says biting the metaphorical bullet for the four of us.

"Hey," Damon replies, his voice just as stiff and awkward as hers.

Silence. I look between the pair of friends that were having a little stare down and then the guy opposite me. He was tall like Damon but slightly more muscular, his body large and opposing in the way that usually sent alarm bells ringing in my head as panic took over my system.

But it didn't, because Damon was next to me and all of me, fears and anxiety included, knew now that I never had anything to fear when he was near.

When more silence ensues, I sneeak a glance up at Damon and blink in surprise when I find his expression void of any anger or sadness. He actually looked pretty... chill? Relaxed. He looked at the pair before us with neutral blue eyes that didn't show any jealousy or annoyance I could catch, all I saw was a sliver of hurt that he was trying to hide.

But I could see it, feel it.

"How are you, Damon?" Amelia asks, once again trying to bridge the ocean between the two of them.

"Better," Damon answers honestly, giving my hand a small squeeze as he glances down at me. "Much better."

I bite back my smile while my heart tries to perform a fucking Circus du Soleil routine with my chest.

"That's good Damon," She replies and there wasn't a spec of sarcasm or jealousy I could hear in her words. "That's really good. I'm happy for you," She says before looking over to me, a small line of white stretches across her blurred face, "and your mate."

"Thanks," Damon says as he pulls me a little closer.

More silence.

"It's nice to see you again Will," Amelia says, her attention on me now so I offer her a small smile.

"You too," I reply as smoothly as I can.

I struggle to hold back a snort at the realisation that I was doing exactly what I hated most about my parents - being fake.

Truthfully, it wasn't nice to see her. It was confusing and brought up worries I didn't want to face, plus this entire interaction had been painfully awkward.

"This is my mate, Tristan," She introduces with a slightly bigger smile as she looks at the guy, her voice tremored slightly when she spoke, carrying obvious hesitance but it also held an undeniable air of fondness to it.

And just like that, my worries flew out the window carved of anxiety in my head and died instantly on the pavement of fruitless worries.

They were mates, she had a mate.

I'd been with Damon for over six months now and what I felt for him was overwhelming and addictive, we shared a love out of this world and that was what I felt as a human. If Amelia and her mate experienced even a fraction of what we did, then there shouldn't be any reason for me to worry, at least about her actions in the present.

"Hi," Damon replies with his attempt at a pleasant smile... it was something, but it wasn't pleasant.

"It's good to meet you properly, Damon," Tristan replies with more confidence than his partner had. Damon stiffens slightly at that, his fingers tightening between mine, but Tristan continues unaware, "Amelia's told me a lot about you."

A lot like what?

"All bad things I hope," Damon replies sarcastically after a moment and it works to ease the tension a bit because the pair laugh a little. "Well we were on our way out, so we'll let you guys get on with whatever you came here for."

Damon takes a step to move around them but stops when Amelia puts out a hesitant hand to stop him. I couldn't see her face well but I could see the way her outstretched hand shook a little between us.

When Damon stays put, she takes in a shaky breath and looks to her mate before she redirects her full attention at Damon. "I know when I came before, y-you weren't ready to talk to me or didn't want to, which I understand. I do. And if you're still not or don't, I'll continue to stay away but if you are...." Her voice cracks a little at the end but she pushes through it. "If you are, I'd really love to talk to you Damon, about everything."

I look to Damon when he looks down at me, the silent question so apparent to me it was comforting - are you okay with this? I may not know what happened between Damon and Amelia, but I knew Damon and I knew I could trust him always. He always took my feelings into account and that was all I could really ask of him.

So with a new mental goal of working towards talking about the Amelia situation, I give Damon a small smile, barely managing to control myself enough to not attack his mouth with a loving kiss. Instead, I just nod.

"Right now, with the way things are, it's not the best time, Amelia," Damon says honestly as he looks back at his friend, his words clipped and serious. "But when I am ready, I'll call you."

Amelia releases the breath she kept prisoner in her lungs at Damon's answer that was apparently more than enough for the young girl. Her green eyes almost glowed as she nodded vigorously at Damon, a nervous smile pulling at her lips, "Okay, that's fine with me," She says gratefully before adding, "thank you, Damon."

Damon nods once and then leads me away from the pair of mates without another word. He was walking calmly, his steps not rushed and his body relaxing the further we got from Amelia until we were almost to our suite.

He was fine, maybe that run-in had been a good thing.

"You okay?" I ask just to be sure even though I could tell that he was.

"Yeah," He replies with a genuine smile, "I'm really good Will."

"Still want that ice-cream?" I ask trying to hide how much I still wanted to go on an impromptu date with Damon while he was still so cheery. "If not, we can go for a run? But when I say run, I hope you know that I don't mean me running. I mean, you do all the work and I sit on your fluffy, wolf back."

"Typical," Damon says rolling his eyes while he shakes his head. Before I can respond, he tugs me away from the sidewalk suddenly and pulls me into the outer edges of the woods. "How about," Damon starts with a deliciously mischievous grin, "I run to the ice-cream shop with you on my 'fluffy, wolf back'?"

I try but fail to hold in my highly embarrassing squeal of excitement as I jump into his waiting arms. "Have I told you lately how much I love you?" I ask against his lips.

"Yes," Damon says with a small frown, "It's all you tell me, you're fucking obsessed with me."

"I hate you," I reply with my version of a growl and he laughs heartily before he presses his lips to mine in a scorching kiss that leaves me slightly dazed by the time he sets me back on my feet.

"We can deal with that when we get back," Damon says with a slight nod of his head before he begins to shift. I look down at my pants and feel my ears heat up when I find myself half hard.

"Asshole," I accuse while looking around frantically to see if anyone was nearby to catch me sporting wood.

Ha... wood... in the woods...

When I find the coast clear, I look back to my mate and find him standing on all fours as his enormous white wolf that seemed like something out of a fairytale as he stood before me.

Damon comes to me immediately, circling me over and over while rubbing his coat against me wherever he could. He stops in front of me to swipe his tongue across my neck making me jump back with a giggle, but he follows me quickly. He doesn't let up until I'm begging for mercy, and only then does he tucks his head under my arm making me laugh as I pet him down happily.

"I love that you're a werewolf," I admit to him as he bends down to let me climb onto his back. "It's fucking awesome." Damon chuffs lightly making me laugh as I get adjusted.

When I've got two fistfuls of his fur and I'm comfortable, I give Damon a light tap with my foot and he takes off into the woods.

My entire body fills with the familiar rippling sensation that came when we were like this, that gentle caress of freedom that coaxed me out of all my fears and worries. That out of body feeling that made me think I was flying through the world like a lone spirt, except I wasn't alone.

I smile to myself and soak it all, grateful for all I had with Damon.

-------

Damon stretches his arm out and pushes the door for me making my already present smile grown in it's a place as I slip under his arm to enter the shop with him following close behind. Damon rests his hand gently on the small of my back and leads me through the cute, ice-cream shop that thankfully wasn't too busy, it was only hosting a few people here and there.

The place had a purple theme that worked well in all things, from the linings of the white cushions that were placed on each seat that surrounded the many tables, to the pastel walls that made it feel weirdly safe.

There were a few more tables that rested outside on an empty patio, and opposite the ice cream bar was a countertop with high stools for people who either wanted to sit alone or look outside while they enjoyed their cold treat.

It was cute.

When we reach the counter, Damon tells the employee to give us a second before he starts listing all the different types of ice-cream that were on offer, taking his time to read each name that rested above each tub in small print.

"You like chocolate right, there's chocolate and double chocolate," Damon says while pointing his fingers at each, he kept his tone low knowing how I hated to bring unnecessary attention to my condition.

As Damon continues, I find myself unable to look away from him or focus on anything he was saying, too stunned to do anything other than stare at him as he continues listing them all without a second thought.

It wasn't that I was surprised, it was that I was touched...

We hadn't even been here for more than two minutes and Damon had already started attending to all my ridiculous needs without a spec of annoyance to his name. It was like this was now natural for him and the thought brought immediate tears to my eyes.

Everyone eventually got tired of looking after me, trying to accommodate my eyesight everywhere we went but not Damon, Damon never complained.

I blink the tears away before he can see them, not wanting to let myself get emotional now. I wanted today to be a happy day for us, with nothing but smiles and even more smiles.

"What type of ice-cream do you like?" I ask while we survey the many different flavours that were on display beneath the thick, curved glass. He'd already listed my favourites; caramel, double chocolate and strawberry, but this place had so many different types I'd never heard of that I felt inclined to try something new.

"I like sorbets," Damon admits as he looks down at the luscious yellow tub with clear want written all over his face. "Mango is my favourite."

"Damon, come on, don't drool on the glass," I warn and he shoots me a glare, I offer him a look of innocent confusion. "What? I'm looking out for you."

"Uh-huh," He replies before looking back at the icy delights.

"Mango sorbet does sound yummy though," I admit as I tap my index finger to my chin in thought. "I think I'm going to mix a few, I'll go all sorbets this time."

"I'll stick with the mango," He replies with a chuckle before he gestures for the waiting employee to come back over.

He comes over with a practised smile I recognised from my time working for Blue. If that customer smile wasn't a painful bitch to keep on after hours on the job, I didn't know what was. "Hello and welcome to Jupiter's Cone, what would you like today?" He says kindly, his hands already working to open his side to get to the ice-cream.

"Hey, in a cup, can I get one scoop of strawberry sorbet, another of mango and one more of raspberry," I list off before while I watch him grab a thick styrofoam cup from the stack on the opposite side.

Damon waits for the man to finish making my order before he gives him his, "And for me, two scoops of mango sorbet in a waffle cone," He says before quickly adding a "please".

I smile proudly when he glances down at me as if checking in that he did the right thing. I nod and press a kiss to his cheek, he blushes softly when I settle back on my toes but looks away before I can comment on it.

"Can I get a waffle cone too? Like just an empty one for me to eat," I say and the guy laughs but nods. When our orders are all complete, he hands them to us before moving over to the register.

"Shit," Damon says mid-way through a lick of his mango. "I didn't bring my wallet."

"Fuck," I say as I look up from my cupful to the cashier who's smile was long gone.

"Uhhh," Damon says as he looks down at the cone he'd already licked. "I can go back and-"

"I'm just fucking with you, I have mine," I say making the guy release a breath while Damon glowers angrily at me. I ignore his grown, barely biting back my laughter as I hand him my cup to hold while I dig in my back pocket from my thin wallet.

Damon rarely remembered to get his keys let alone his wallet, it was never an issue when we were in our apartments, but things worked differently in the pack and he operated accordingly. In the pack, it seemed like if you needed to buy something but couldn't at the moment, you could just find the person later and pay for it.

It was nice that there was so much trust between so many people, comforting.

But I wasn't a wolf and even as I slowly adjusted to how things worked in Damon's home, I couldn't physically leave our suite without my wallet ever. It was like leaving the house without clothes, it felt wrong.

I pay for our desert and make sure to give the guy a big tip that makes his customer smile not only return but morph into a genuine one while he pockets it with a word of thanks.

"Nothing here has shellfish right?" Damon asks the guy making both him and I frown deeply as we look at the big guy I called my soulmate. "What?"

"You're asking if any of the ice-cream has shellfish in it?" He asks slowly before I can, his eyes narrowing a bit more with every passing second.

"He's allergic," Damon answers innocently and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing in the face of his adorable worry.

"No Sir," The man answers with a chuckle, "The mango, strawberry and raspberry sorbet does not have any shellfish in them, neither do any of the other ice-creams in this store."

"Thank you," I reply quickly to the guy as I turn Damon around and push him towards the window seats.

"I was just checking," Damon says after we both slide onto our individual stools and turn in them to face one other, he hands me my large cup with the cone sticking out the top and I smile.

"I know babe, it was sweet of you," I promise and lead forward for a quick kiss he delivers without hesitation.

When we part, I survey my options for a moment before deciding to try to mango first, since it was Damon's favourite. I moan around my first spoonful of mango, it was perfectly sweet and tasted fantastic, I could see why Damon loved it, it tasted just like the real thing. I eagerly try the rest of the sorbets I'd chosen and find myself just as satisfied with each of them as I was with the mango.

"That good?" Damon teases but I nod anyway. "I'm glad you like it,"

"I love it," I correct before giving him a jab back, "I think more than I do you."

"You're walking back to the pack," He deadpans and my laughter comes out from my chest before I can stop it. It fills the store and I have to stuff my mouth with ice-cream to silence it, but Damon just chuckles beside me as he looks at me with those gorgeous blue eyes.

"If you leave me here, I'll sue," I reply making it Damon's turn to laugh as he body shakes in his seat at the force of it.

I could never tire of seeing him so happy.

"You're such an idiot," He comments as he reaches his free hand down to pull my stool closer to his, once my legs are between his, he rests a hand on my knee and rubs it gently. "I have a question, Will," Damon says before licking at his ice cream.

"And what's that?"

"Did you know that you're extremely gorgeous," Damon asks casually while my heart flutters at the sudden compliment. I had no clue how to respond to that but Damon continues before I can even try to. "Because you are, you're fucking gorgeous Will."

Damon was never short of compliments but they rarely focused on my looks, so this took me by surprise. I knew that I was the first guy Damon was ever with and kind of put it up to that, but now that he'd said it... it felt like something new, something to cherish.

Damon leads forward and kisses me quickly again, he tasted like mango and I had to lick my lips over to savour the taste that mixed perfectly with his natural one.

"Do you know you always say the sweetest things?" I ask in response but he just squeezes my knee with a smile. "I don't even know what to do with you."

"Keep me," He answers and I snort before taking another spoonful of my ice-cream.

"I'm staying with you all the way to the grave Damon," I tell him because it wasn't a want of mine, it was a fucking accurate prediction of the future. "I want a double casket, you're not getting rid of me."

"That's kind of scary," He says honestly but laughs when I hit him. "Abuse!" He accuses making someone glance over with worry.

"I can't take you anywhere, can I?!" I whisper aggressively to him after apologizing silently to the person who'd turned. "I should just keep you in the suite."

"I wouldn't mind," Damon says while running his hand further up my leg, "I like what we do in the suite."

"Damon," I warn.

He slips his hand back down to my knee, but didn't hesitate to make his eyes glow for a moment while he smirked at me. When I was sneered in his gaze, he lets his tongue out to slowly lick a path up his large scoop of mango, and I could only wish he was licking something else that was circular just like that.

"Fuck..." I whisper softly as he stops with a chuckle.

"You always get so 'excited' in public, maybe you're the one who should be kept inside, William," Damon says with a suggestive hum as he looks at me.

"Because you're always doing shit like this," I accuse before redirecting my attention to my neglected ice-cream. "Spawn of satan you are."

"Well, my dad is Aiden," He replies with a shrug and I smile at the unconscious comment of his family that didn't bring sadness to him as he continued to eat his ice-cream happily.

Deciding to do the same, I let myself focus on eating up all my ice cream same as Damon does, laughing at his foolish antics to not waste a single drop when it started to melt over his hands. He kept twisting his head in the weirdest ways instead of just raising the cone higher, but the show it made was far too entertaining for me to stop it.

I wish I could record it.

Damon and I spend almost an hour talking and laughing in the ice-cream shop, even going for another cone of mango that we shared and a few macaroons that they sold as one of their side treats. Since Damon said he'd never tried one before, it became an instead must for him to try some.

He loved it.

"Ready to go home?" Damon asks as he looks at me.

"Yeah, this was a lot of fun," I say as I slip off the stool and slip between his legs to hug him tightly. "Thanks for bringing me here."

"No problem," He replies before pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

It was only then that I realised that through this entire date, I'd not once felt scared or panicked even though we were in a public space with other people. My heart wasn't trying to jump out of my chest and I wasn't mentally chanting my mantra, because I hadn't needed it.

On our first date, I'd barely made it from the car to the restaurant and even then, I couldn't fully relax until we were in a room of our own. But here, there were more people than I should've been comfortable with but I was, I was completely fine, happy even.

I wasn't scared anymore.

"It's raining," Damon comments while still holding me, I turn my head to look out the window to find that the sky was pouring its emotions out of the world.

It was soothing and almost beautiful to watch as everything because wet and just a tint darker, the world moving through it all as cars' wipers fought it viscously and pedestrians ran around, trying to find the nearest shelter.

Damon and I just watched it all unfold, my arms around his neck and his around my waist - peaceful and happy.

"We can wait," I offer as we look out the window, faces pressed gently together.

"If you want to we can, but I can run through it," He says with a small shrug, "It's not room far, we can be back in ten minutes if I push it. But since the clearing for the woods is a little far, we'll have to run for a bit before you can get on."

"I don't mind getting wet," I admit as I pull back to look at him, only to find a smirk on his lips.

"Of course you don't," He replies making me giggle because for once, I didn't mean it in a sexual light. "But won't you get sick if we do?"

"Not if we take a warm shower when we get back," I answer slowly, a smile stretching against my lips at the thought, "and especially now if you make sure I stay warm after," I bite my lip and Damon's eyes immediately dart down at the action before he swallows.

We throw away our rubbish and clean up our spot as best as we can before heading for the door. I beat Damon to the door and pull it open for him, I beam up at him while he walks out with a chuckle.

"It's nice to finally be treated like the catch that I am," Damon says as he waits just under the outside covering of the shop.

"I'm sorry I took so long your highness," I reply sarcastically as he holds my hand tightly.

"Ready?" Damon asks as he looks down at me.

I smile at him and answer, "Always," before we run off into the rain hand in hand.

-----------------------

When I tell you I love this couple..... I love this couple.

Thoughts??????

I planned for this chapter to end with the smut, so that the next chapter can start anew, BUT I thought that would be too much for one chapter since it started with Amelia and all that and I want to write a nice long chapter of smut for them loool.

I know some people were talking about how they need more Theo and Will scenes, I promise it's coming soon. I wanted to add it in earlier but it just wouldn't have worked well with all of Damon's shit.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter - vote and comment thoughts if you did.

Voting for May Patreon Extras close tomorrow night, so if you haven't vote, please do so while you can.

Until next time,
Byeeeeeee Humansssssssss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.5K 33
Ever since Adam came out as gay his been bullied by the pack especially by his brother Mark. The only reason why he stays in the pack is because of h...
17.7K 644 42
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
123K 3.8K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...
80.1K 2.7K 50
The Badger Series (Book 2) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Mason Badger is a teenage werewolf, he's living in the pack that his adoptive fa...