Fangs & Claws (Wyatt Lykensen...

By JazzyVenecia46

Veronica Andrews is a student at Seabrook High School and a member of the cheer team. On the day she was born... More

Cast
Veronica Andrews
Chapter 1: Start of Summer
Chapter 2: Getting To Know Each Other
Chapter 3: Hanging With The Zombies
Chapter 4: Moonlight Strolls
Chapter 5: I Don't Have A Choice
Chapter 6: Talk With Elder Raven
Chapter 7: Unification
Chapter 8: We Got This
Chapter 9: Prawn Proposal Gone Wrong
Chapter 10: We Own The Night
Chapter 11: Unexpected Revelations
Chapter 12: Werewolves In Seabrook
Chapter 13: The Truth
Chapter 14: Cheer Practice
Chapter 15: Suspicions
Chapter 17: The Wolf Den
Chapter 18: Misunderstandings
Chapter 19: Flesh and Bone/True Identity
Chapter 20: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 21: Prawn
Chapter 22: The Moonstone/One For All
Chapter 23: A New Leader
SEQUEL

Chapter 16: Acceptance

7.7K 210 17
By JazzyVenecia46

Veronica's PO.V.

After my breakdown, I had passed out. Sadie left me to sleep, but came back 2 hours later to wake me up for dinner.

Once we were done, Sadie and I went to our rooms. She decided to give me some space for a while. I felt guilty for snapping at her, but I had already reached my boiling point. I couldn't control that.

I decided I would talk to Wyatt when I saw him again. I know that it probably wasn't a big deal, but it brought back so many and memories of me and Randall.

He hit on girls all the time and hit me. No one knew until Addison and Sadie saw the bruises I had on my arms. We broke up after he got in trouble.

I had changed into my pajamas and sat on the bed, going through my phone. It was then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said.

It opened and I saw it was Claire. "Hi, honey. Can I come in?"

It opened and she came and sat down next to me. "Are you okay?"

I shrugged and she placed a hand over mine."Sweetie, you can tell me what's on your mind."

Should I tell her? I mean, she is like a second mother to me.

"It's okay, you can tell me."

I decided to tell her and she ended up pulling me into her arms. It was strange, because I felt safe in her arms and I felt as if I knew this warmth from somewhere. It felt so familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

After a while of talking, she kissed my head and left the room.

I suddenly heard a tap on the window making me jump. I went to the window and opened it.

I saw him on the ground. "Wyatt?"

"Stand back." he told me.

I did what he said and he used his werewolf strength to pull himself up to the window and come into the room.

"I felt your pain. I had to come here to make sure you were okay." Wyatt explained.

"How did you-"

"It's a part of the mate bond." he cut me off.

I gave a half smile before sitting down on the bed. The werewolf sighed before kneeling down in front of me.

"Hey. Look at me." Wyatt told me as he put his fingers under my chin, making me look at him.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I should have explained everything first." he apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, Wyatt. I'm the one who has to. I'm sorry I got jealous. It's just-seeing you hold my best friend's hand and the way she reacted made me get bad memories I have fought to get rid of. That guy that you threatened at the library? That was my ex, Randall. He used to hit on girls all the time when we were together. He treated me like trash. He hit me when nobody was looking and I kept silent because he told me he'd hurt me. Eventually, Addison and Sadie found out and he got in trouble. I ended the relationship. Also, my family is keeping secrets from me and every time I ask them about it, they brush it off, scold me, and it irritates me. They claim that it's for a good reason, but whenever I have a secret, they try to pressure me to spit it out. It's just so complicated. I'm sorry for snapping, but I had no control over it." explained.

Wyatt's hands were clenched in fists and I heard him growl, his eyes flashing. He stood up and clenched his fists. Slowly getting up, I placed a hand on his back and he growled softly.

"That guy hurt you?"

"It was a long time ago, Wyatt. You don't have to worry about him now." I reassured him.

I got in front of him and cupped his face. I placed my forehead against his. "Please calm down."

I whispered ever so gently before his eyes went back to the beautiful brown they were.

"I forgive you, Veronica. I'm sorry you have to be struggling like this." he told me.

I wiped my teary eyes and he noticed it.

He pulled me into his arms, me instantly hugging back. The werewolf buried his face in my neck and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay." he told me.

I relaxed in my mate's arms and breathed in his scent, which soothed my mind.

"I'll be there for you, okay? I'll help you get through these struggles. You're my mate and it's my job to make sure you're happy. Okay? I love you." he told me.

"I love you more." I replied.

Wyatt pulled away and placed his hand on my cheek.

"I accept you as my mate." I told him.

Wyatt smiled before he kissed me and I kissed him back. It lasted for a couple minutes before I found myself laying down with him on top of me.

He licked my bottom lip and I giggled, denying him entrance. He growled possessively and bit my lip, making me gasp. He took it as his opportunity to slip his tongue in my mouth.

I pulled away before it got too heated.

"Sorry, my wolf side gets a bit carried away. It happens when we find mates." he apologized.

I laughed a bit. "It's okay."

"Veronica Andrews, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded, pulling him into another kiss. "Yes. I will."

I heard a howl and Wyatt looked at the window.

"It's Willa. We have to go find Addison so she can become the Great Alpha." he explained.

"Can I go with you? I don't want to be alone. Also, I figured Addison could use some backup, since Willa still scares her a bit."

"Wherever I go, you go. I don't want you feeling alone or sad." he told me.

I smiled before we both got up. I slipped on a pair of shoes before he jumped out the window.

Wyatt looked up. "I'll catch you."

I chuckled and shook my head before jumping off the balcony and landing in his arms.

He set me down and grabbed my hand in his as we ran off.

I smiled at him as we both laughed, running through the forest.

Happiness, content, warmth, and comfort. I felt all these things with my mate. I guess I can't be away from him anymore.

(A/N: I modified this a bit to a version I thought would fit Veronica and Wyatt)

Wyatt: I know it might be crazy But did you hear the story?

Veronica: I think I heard it vaguely

Wyatt: A girl and a werewolf

Veronica: Oh, tell me more, boy (yeah) Sounds like a fantasy

Both: Oh, what could go so wrong with a girl and a werewolf?

Wyatt: You're from the perfect paradise
And I'm living on the darker side

Veronica: Ooh, I've got a feeling
If you get to know me

Wyatt: Right from the start you caught my eye
And the wolf inside me came to life

Veronica: Ooh, I've got a feeling
If you get to know me

Both: Someday!

Veronica: This could be, this could be ordinary

Both: Someday!

Veronica: Could we be something extraordinary?

Wyatt: You and me side by side (yeah, yeah)

Both: Under the bright moonlight
If they laugh, we'll say
We're gonna be someday
Someday, someday
We're gonna be someday

Wyatt: Girl, you look flawless Oh, I mean gorgeous

Veronica: Well, now you're getting fearless

Wyatt: No, I'm just rooting for us

Veronica: If different was a super power

Both: We'd be so flawless
Yeah, we could make these two worlds ours I'm rooting for us

Wyatt: Two lonely hearts meet in the dark
Imagine it, now they start a spark

Veronica: You got my attention
What happens next, then?

Wyatt: Movies and long walks in the park Hanging out anywhere we want

Veronica: I like the way you're thinking, I can almost see it

Both: Someday!

Veronica: This could be, this could be ordinary

Both: Someday!

Veronica: Could we be something extraordinary?

Wyatt: You and me side by side

Both: Under the bright moonlight If they laugh, we'll say
We're gonna be someday
Someday, someday! 

Veronica: So let them talk if they wanna (if they wanna, if they wanna)
Let them talk if they're gonna
We're gonna do what we wanna
Let them talk, let them talk
If they wanna, they wanna

Both: Someday! This could be, this could be ordinary
Someday! Could we be something extraordinary?

Wyatt: You and me side by side

Both: Under the bright moonlight
If they laugh, we'll say
We're gonna be someday
Someday, someday! We're gonna be someday (Someday, someday)
We're gonna be someday (Someday, someday)

I laughed as I jumped on Wyatt's back and he smiled.

We made it to the middle of the forest, where I saw Willa, Wynter, and other pack members.

"You brought her?" his sister asked.

Other wolves growled at me and my mate pushed me behind him. Wyatt growled back, flashing his eyes.

"She's been through enough trouble already, Willa. Hell, she's been through enough drama for the day. Wherever I go, she goes. She's my mate and my imprint. Nobody is to hurt her for any reason. She's coming with us to find Addison." Wyatt explained.

Willa groaned before looking at her brother. "Fine, she can come."

"Wolves, lets go." She commanded before they walked off.

Wynter came to me and smiled.

'I got your back too, V.' She mouthed.

I smiled at her before she pat my shoulder and followed the pack.

I though back to cheer practice. Maybe she was right. Maybe we were going to be the best of friends sooner or later.

Wyatt looked at me. "I got you, babe. Don't worry."

I nodded as I held onto his arm, the both of us following the pack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 802 18
The hidden werewolf.. The wolves end up circling around the small town of Seabrook, sprouting fear upon most. They've spent days and nights stalking...
1.9K 50 6
When Willow Laforeze and her pack are desperate to find the moonstone, they reveal themselves to the world of Seabrook. It has been a week since Wil...
24.1K 433 19
I made this when I was 13. So read at your own risk. You have lived in Seabrook ever since you were born and only ever had 1 friend...addison. she h...
158K 3.3K 18
Sophie is the typical new girl in town. She grew up in Seabrook but had to move to another city when she was 14. Now that she's 16, she came back tot...