Bounty & A Solo (The Mandalor...

By InkMonster1

Aria Solo takes a bounty job where she and a Mandalorian have to fight for their lives. "I saved him." "You... More

Aria Solo
The Solo Soul Snatcher
Two Assets
The Child
Jawas
Incandescence Crystal
The Egg
Payment
Breaking Code
Let's Play a Game
Soup
Matrimony
A Different Kiss
Fighting for a Village
Doubt and Choice
Meet the Solos
Meet the Solos - 2
Aria's Past Gunslinger
Friend or Foe
Past Returns to the Present
The A Team
Favor the Bold
Love is True
A Dark Pull
Old Friends
Last Heroic Act
Control
Wedding Bells
The Marshal
The Deadly Dragon
Frog in the Crest
Frozen
Brother of 3
Worsen
Your Help is Needed
Test Subject Awaiting
The Jedi
Destroy this... Sickness
Jedi Temple
The Deal is not Done
Team Up
Rescue
Fin

Heal

3.6K 89 42
By InkMonster1

"It hasn't grown much," Kuiil says looking at the child. "I think it might be a Strand-cast," Din says as we sit around. "I don't think it was engineered," Kuiil says shaking his head at the child who raises its tiny arm to him. "I've worked in the gene farms, this one looks evolved. Too ugly." I gasp patting th child's head. "Don't listen to him."

"This one, on the other hand, looks like she was farmed in the Cytocaves of Nora," Kuiil says gesturing to our special guest. "This is Cara Dune," Din introduces her, she was a shock trooper."

"You were a Dropper?" Kuiil asks, pointing at the tattoo on her arm. "Did you serve?" Cara asks in confusion. "Oh, boy."

"On the other side, I'm afraid, but I'm proud to say that I paid out my clan's debt. I serve no one but myself." I clap for him as both Cara and Din both stand up, pointing their blasters at a tall droid entering the room. Din grabs my arm, pulling me behind him. "Stay behind me."

The droid walks closer, "Would anyone care for some tea?" I peek my head out from behind Mando, notching my brows together in complete confusion. "What the fuck?"

"Please lower your blasters!" Kuiil raises his hand in an attempt to explain. "he will not harm you." "That thing is programmed to kill Aria and the baby," Din argues holding me behind him.

Kuiil shakes his head, "Not anymore." The droid sets the tray down on the table in front of us as we settle back down. The droid pushes a cup my way adding two sugars, "Just the way Dooku prefers." I tilt my head starting at the droid. "What did you say?" It stares at me then replying, "Just the way Ms. Solo prefers." I gaze down at my cup in submission. I look up at Din with a shrug as I bring the rim to my lips, but he pushes my arms down.

As Din talks with Kuiil near the Blurrgs I sit in the melting sunlight with Cara. "You two have stayed pretty close." She smirks at me sipping her tea. I look at her with a smirk. "We enjoy each other's company. Plus I couldn't leave this little guy." She nods looking off into the sandy hills. "Say if this goes to plan, and we win. What do you plan to do?" I gaze after Din in the setting sun. I couldn't leave him, but I couldn't just forget about my debt to Han. "Aria?" I shake my head focusing, "I would find a way to pay my brother back for everything he has done for me. Then if he would have me, I'd like to stay with Mando." "Make sure to invite me to the wedding." I giggle playing with the child's tiny hands.

~

Din and Cara sit across from each other in a heated arm-wrestling match. "I've got you, Mando." Cara groans pulling at his arm. "Seriously?" He scoffs. "Come on, that is such a light grip. You're almost shaking. Afraid you're gonna lose in front of your girl?"

I laugh throwing my hands over my face. As Din's arm lowes every so slightly I stand up cheering at Cara's side. "Come on! You got this Cara!"

"I thought you were on my side, Aria!" Din groans fighting for his strength. "Oh yeah... Go Mando!" I cheer switching to his side.

Mando's arm lowers another inch and Cara's actions halt. Including her breathing. Cara gasps for breath, and she reaches for her throat. I jump to her side trying to find out what's wrong. I turn around to speak to Din, but he's got the child in his arms and is scolding him. "Hey, no, no, no,"

I notice his little arm stuck out towards Cara and realize his using the force to choak her. "She's a friend. Cara is my friend!" The child pouts whimpers at his tone. "How curious," Kuiil hums, as he stares at the kid. "Curious? He almost killed me!" Cara shouts staring at everyone in disbelief.

"The story that you told me about the Mudhorn makes sense now. What did you say this was Aria?" Kuiil asks me. I lock eyes with the child feeling the overwhelming amount of power. "He's force sensitive like me, but much, much stronger."

"Kuiil, I could use your craftwork right now. Can you pad this container so the child can sleep better?" "I shall fabricate a better one," Kuiil agrees. "Then perhaps this Dropper can see how one can earn their freedom with the skill of one's hands." Kuiil jabs at Cara before getting to work.

I hold the child sitting next to Kuiil as he constructs the crate. He looks at me with narrowed eyes. "I worked in the gene farms." I nod confused. "You've stated this." Kuiil looks at me again. "I can tell you were fabricated in no such land, but within space itself." My smile drops and I stare at him blankly. I turn around making sure Mando is out of rage. "What are you talking about, Kuiil?" "Ms. Solo, let's not spend time drawing it out. You know your past. You know what this is all about." I scoff shaking my head and standing. "You have no clue what you're talking about."

As I walk his words freeze me in my spot. "I have spoken, Ms. Dukoo."

~

"We're here," Din says quietly. He grabs my hand leading me behind him.

"I'm sorry about the remote rendezvous point, Mando, but things have gotten complicated since you've left. I believe introductions are in order. It seems we both provided a security detail."

I tense as he turns towards me, "Glad to see you're still alive, Aria. You were in bad shape the last time I saw you." I smirk leaning forward. "Wish I could say the same, but I-" "Stop it." Mando pulls me back behind him cutting me off. "Feisty as always. No hard feelings?" "You set me up!" I yell over Din's shoulder.

He huffs seeing no reason for the argument. Leaving me the winning crown.

"I recommend the shock trooper guard the ship, the lava fields are lousy with Jawas." "She's coming with us," Din confirms. "The town is now run by ex-Empire, if a rebel Dropper shows up, they'll all get their hackles up." "She's coming," Din repeats firmly. "Fine, fine," Greef sighs heavily, glancing at her arm. "Then cover up that tattoo, no need to flaunt it. Now, where's the little one?"

I watch as the container holding the child glides over. My hands resting on my saber as Greef examins him. "So, this little bogwog is what all the fuss is about," Greef says as he lifts the child in his arms, and glances over him, "what a precious little creature! I can see why you didn't want anyone to lay harm on its wrinkled little head. Well, I'm glad this matter will be put to rest once and for all." I relax when Greef places the child back inside the container safe and sound. "The sun drops fast on Nevarro, we can walk for a spell, and camp out at the riverbank, and make our way into town at first light."

~

As we all sat together around a campfire I get many looks from the fellow assists. I look up meeting Greefs eyes as he looks at my lightsaber. "You know, it's not nice to stare, gentlemen." Greef hums nodding. "Would it be rude to ask for a demonstration then?" One of the fellow hunters ask. I smile at the saber and shrug lightly. I hold it up illuminating the bright blade upon the group. Many gasps looking at it. "I heard all about you long ago. I didn't believe the whispers were true." I nod as he admires my saber.

"Let's go over the plan again," Din suggests interrupting the show and tell.

"We four go, we join him at the table, show the client our bait, and you kill him."

"Tell me about the reinforcements." "They're all ex-Empire, as soon as they lose their paycheck, poof, they all scatter." "And if they don't?" I challenge myself with doubt. "They will,"

Greef is making this out to be so easy when so much damage could go into play. "That's not good enough," I say shaking my head. "If for argument's sake, a few of them don't realize that I'm their best path to alternative employment, and they elect to act impulsively, then these three fine Guild hunters, along with that battle-hardened shock trooper, and Ms. Solo will cut down anyone who bucks." "How many will there be?" "No more than four, he travels, at most, with a Fire Team. Trust me. Nothing could go wrong." I scoff losing all faith in Greef.

A horrible screech fills the air as a creature flies past. They fly around fighting everyone in sight and picking up a few of Greef's crew. I watch as one swoops down to attack Din, but I throw the saber ending its lifeline. "Saved you," I yell as I run past him. "It's an assist."

Din uses his flamethrower when the winged creature gets close to the ground near him. The creatures screech, and fly off, tails lit with a flame. I help him stand back up. "You alright?" I ask him quickly. He doesn't respond but holds me in his arms tightly.

"Greef got hurt." Cara sighs as we walk up towards her. Greef's face is scrunched up in pain, and his arm is limp beside him, completely covered in deep gashes. "How bad?" Din asks. I gasp leaning down next to him. "Really bad."

"So, this is how it happens," Greef groans in pain. "Don't be so dramatic," Cara scoffs. "I need another Medpac!" Cara glances around, but no one offers her help. I look down at the open gashes and bat my eyes. I lock eyes with Greef, "You trust me?" He laughs lowly trying to catch his breath. "Hell no." "Me too."

I glide the child over to my legs and look into his eyes. "Okay, listen to me. We have to help him." I gesture to Greef and the child looks towards him. "Look, look, I need you try to help me okay? You're strong enough to help mommy right?" His little ears twitch and he nods in my direction with a smile.

I raise my hands over Greef and explain for the child to do the same. I close my eyes taking a deep breath. "Okay. Here goes nothing."

"Must relax... reach out with my mind... reach inside... through the pain... to touch the Force! Knit bones... mend flesh... renew!"

I gasp feeling the small cuts reanimate upon my skin, and slowly fade away inch by inch.

I gasp as the cuts on my arms fade away fully and I sit back completely taken with weakness. Greef is quiet as he flexes his arm.

Kuiil comes over and assists me with the child. "You didn't even tell me you were part of the Empire when we first met, Kuiil," I said glancing up at him. He longed into my eyes with an untold story. I smile whispering lowly, "You know me, don't you?" "Long ago when you were a child, you were running around being chased by troopers. I saw you turn a corner and that was the last of it." I shake my head smiling, "Kuiil, you don't have to be scared of me." He gulps removing the child from my arms. "As much as I understand and have come to know you, Aria, you have always been a threat to the universe." He walks away placing the child in its bed. I look down at my hands feeling guilty. "And I'm going to change that."

I walk over to Din as he sits alone. "Hey." He nods to me as I take a seat. "What's wrong?" "I haven't eaten." He speaks quickly. I giggle turning his head to me. "Okay, Mr. Grumpy. I'll pick some food, you go find a hiding spot to eat, and I'll meet you. I have to tell you something anyway."

With a small plate in hand, I find Din sitting against a large rock away from our group. I sit next to him as he removes his helmet. I peek over the edge watching for anyone nearing us, suddenly Din pulls me down to him and connects out lips in a heated kiss. He pulls me flush against him throwing passion and desperation into our moment. "Whoa." I gasp pulling away shocked. "What was that for?" He shakes his head attacking my lips again. "A reminder. That I love you, Aria." I grin at him. "I love you too, Din," I whisper lightly. He grabs my hands kissing each knuckle. "I know you planned to tell me something, but let it wait, love. I want to enjoy this night before I risk your safety." "Risking our safety for our safety." Din chuckles as he begins to eat. "I'd like to stay with you when this is all over." He acts shocked as he hears my words. "If you'll have me of course." I stare at him as he looks at his food. Din grabs my chin between his fingers bringing me close. "You've always been welcome. Ever since I fell in love with you." "When was that exactly?" Din looks at me smirking. "I'll tell you one day."

~

"So this is it," Greef says. I narrow my eyes in suspicion. This isn't even near the town! I gasp internally and grab my saber as I hear blasters click from behind me. Greef whirls around and kills the two Bounty Hunter Guild members standing behind us.

I swing my saber halting it at his neck in rage. "Why did you bring us here?"

"There's something you should know," Greef says. "The plan was to kill Mando, and take Aria and the kid, but after what happened last night, I couldn't go through with it." He says looking at me. I don't lower my saber as I meet his eyes. Greef drops his blasters and raises his hands in surrender. "Go on, you can cut me down and it wouldn't violate the code, but if you do, you nor the child will ever be safe."

"We'll take our chances," Cara scoffs aiming her blaster at his head. "The client is obsessed with obtaining the assets. You tried to run, but where did that get you?" I tap my foot in thought. This is our end. What other choice do I have?

"This is ridiculous! End him, Aria!" Cara yells in anger. "Perhaps you should let him speak," Kuiil suggests as I hold his life inches away.

"We both need the client eliminated. Let me take Aria and the child to him, and then you two--" "No," Din interrupts him firmly. "He's right," Din lowers his blaster and slides it back into his belt. "What are you doing?" Cara hisses at him. Din walks over to me and pulls my arms away from Greef.

"As long as the Imp lives, he'll send hunters after them both," Din says looking at me. "It's a trap!" Cara argues. It most likely is, but what choice do we have?

"Bring me," Din suggests. "Bring you?" Greef repeats in question. "Tell him you got me, get me close to him, and I'll kill him." "That's a good idea," Greef agrees, "What about Cara?" "Say that you captured both of us," Din says nodding along.

"They can bring the child," "No, the kid goes back to the ship." "Without the child, none of this works," Greef scoffs with disbelief. "I have a plan," Din reassures him, and glances back at the Kuiil.

"Kuiil? Take the child back to the Razor Crest, and seal yourself in. When you're inside, engage ground security protocols. Nothing on this planet will breach those doors." "Here's a comlink,"

Kuiil hands him the small device which Din accepts without hesitation. "I will keep the child safe." He turns to Cara, "Don't forget to cover your stripes." Kuiil looks at me, "I hope you make the right choice, Aria."

Cara wraps up her tattoo like she's told to do, and Greef cuffs her, and Din, then walks to me.

"Wrists, Ms. Solo." "Wait." I remove the cloak tied around my waist and perch it over my shoulders, pulling the hood up. I then shove my wrists forward. "Careful. She likes those." Din mutters lowly looking at me. I smirk at him sending him a wink.

Greef tosses my hands down humming. "Should've known you entrapped him, Aria." I shrug smiling. "One of the things I do best."

As we walk I whisper to Din, "You know, I don't like this plan." "I know," Din replies. "What happens if this goes wrong?" Cara asks as we walk together. "Then we'll just have to be ready when it happens," Din replies.

"Chain code?" A stormtrooper asks as we line the town's entrance. "I have a gift for the boss," Greef points behind him to the three. "Chain code," he repeats himself. As he glances over the card Greef hands him, he looks up to Mando and I, "I'll give you Forty credits for the helmet and her." I glare at the trooper and spit near his boots. "Not a chance, that helmet is going on my wall," Greef laughs.

As we enter the town I feel several shielded eyes burn my figure. The eyes of nothing but vile Stormtroopers. I look down feeling the burning of the scars they left last time I had been here. I could end up in the same place, or even worse.

"On your wall?" Din snides at Greef dryly. "Just go with it," she hears Greef say. We reach the back of the town, back to the place where Din and I made our very first contact. "You said four," Cara hisses as we pass several troopers. "Four guarding the client, more in town. Things got heated when Aria and Mando crashed the safehouse."

"Slip him his blaster," I demanded, glaring at Greef. "Not yet," Greef says. He leads us inside the familiar building. There were four stormtroopers inside, and the client who sat at a booth.

"You see? Four," Greef says as we follow. "Look what I brought you... as promised."

Greef pushes me forward with Mando's arguments. The client catches my wrist and smirks. "Hello, Ms. Solo. Welcome back." I glare at him as he pushes me back near Greef chuckling.

He soon glances over to Din looking at his armor. "What exquisite craftsmanship." He spoke smoothly, and calmly, reaching for the beskar armor. I move to stand in front of him, but Cara holds my shirt back.

"Please sit," the client offers as we're shoved into a booth. "It is a shame that your people suffered so. Just like this situation, it was all avoidable. Why did Mandalore resist our expansion? The Empire improves every situation it touches. Judge by any metric, safety, prosperity, trade, opportunity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Look outside. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? I see nothing but death and chaos. The chaos you are responsible for, Aria. Now, I would like to see the baby."

"Uh, it is asleep," Greef says, his voice laced in nervousness as he puts his gloved hand over the pod. "We all will be quiet," He hisses and leans forward to see.

"Open the pram." Before it is opened, the tension is cut by the static from the storm trooper's radio, and one of them whispers something to the client. "I must take this call."

Din slips off his cuffs, as I do the same. "Give me the blaster," Din whispers to Greef, who passes him the weapon. "You got one shot."

"This is bad," Cara hisses as she sees more troopers in the room. "You said four!" "Well, there are more now,"

"I knew we couldn't trust him." I glare at Greef grasping my saber for a quick moment of action.

"Just like the day I got you before, Aria. We'll be fine." Din whispers at my side.

Suddenly the Client falls dead as blaster fire appears out of nowhere. Din quickly pulls me down beside a table, shielding us as stormtroopers, and the droids attack.

Once it falls deathly silent in the room, we all make way to seek the outside attack. There were stormtroopers dressed in black armor standing in a row, and behind them, an entire army.

"We'll be fine, huh?" I repeat Din's words in anger.

"Kuiil," Din says into the comlink. "Are you back to the ship yet? Are you there? Do you copy?"

"Yes!" Kuiil answers through the static.

"Are you back to the ship yet?" Din asks. "Not yet!" "Get back to the ship and bail, get the kid out of here! We're pinned down!" A man wearing dark armor and a matching cape walk gracefully through the army of stormtroopers, only stopping when he reaches the front row looking straight to us. "You have something I want," he calls out calmly. "Who's this guy?" Cara asks. I know that voice. I've heard it long ago. Long before I was saved.

"You may think you have some idea what you're in possession of, but you don't. Neither of them is what they appear to be."

"Kuiil, are you back to the ship yet?" Din asks again with panic in his voice. "They're on to us!" No answer, just static. I glance at Din in pure fear.

"In a few moments, it will be mine."

"Kuill, do you copy!?" Din hisses into the comlink. "Why isn't he answering?" "Something must have happened," he says reluctantly. "Kuiil, answer me!"

I shake my head moving to stand. "I'm going after them," Cara pulls my arms down keeping me in place. "You go out there, and they'll kill you, Aria," Din argues, and grabs my arms to prevent me from going anywhere.

"It means more to me than you'll ever know,"

Tears prick in the corners of my eyes as I can picture his voice years ago. Yelling at my childish behavior. Telling me I would be a disgrace to my fallen grandfather.

"Kuiil, are you there!?" Din shouts into the com. "Kuiil! Kuiil, come in!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 7.3K 43
asa skywalker didn't think she could be saved. din djarin wanted to show her she could be.... [rated M for violence, strong language, and one smut sc...
110K 5.2K 30
" It's just a job. " In which a failed mission has a Sith apprentice and a Mandalorian mercenary fighting to survive and salvage what's left of their...
45.3K 1K 23
when he left, she didn't just lose him, she lost her entire religon - Mando walks into a cantina on an unfamiliar planet, completely unaware that an...
45.5K 1.2K 22
din djarin x reader COMPLETED ---------- you're a force-sensitive doctor who offers aid to remote villages on planets unheard of. one day, you encoun...