Gotta Be You [Complete]

By sheeriostyles

I know how they both feel and now all that’s left to do is to find out how I feel. And right now, my heart is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
*My next fanfic?*
*New fanfic*

Chapter 17

1.2K 36 0
By sheeriostyles

Harry’s POV

It’s been three days since Isla woke up and she was finally able to leave the hospital. The other day the girls had come to spend the day with her while the boys and I packed up Isla’s stuff from Niall’s place and moved it into mine.

We were in her room at Niall’s place and putting her stuff in boxes when I saw Niall holding a stuffed bear that he had given to Isla for Valentine’s Day. He was holding it and looking at it with sad eyes when he finally carefully placed it on the top of a box filled with her clothes.

I felt really bad for Niall for having to do this but he seemed like he was better than yesterday when Isla woke up.

We were able to get all of her stuff unpacked the day that she was supposed to be discharged from the hospital.

Me and Niall were now at the hospital helping her get ready to leave while the rest of us got my place ready to have a little party for when Isla finally gets to go home. 

“Hey, can you grab my sweater, babe?” she asked me. I walked over to the little couch where her sweater was on and grabbed her sweater and then walked over to her and helped her in it.

She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me down for a kiss. “Thank you,” she smiled at me. “Can’t wait to go home.” She kissed me again, giving me butterflies all over my stomach. 

Suddenly, we heard someone clear their throat.

I pulled away and looked over at Niall at the doorway looking at the ground. He pushed in a wheelchair and brought it by the bed.

“I can walk though,” Isla complained.

“I know but you only need to use it to bring you to the car,” Niall explained.

She sighed and said, “Alright.”

“Well, let’s go,” I said. I helped her up from the bed and she sat down on the wheelchair. I was about to grab the handles but Niall made no gesture to move. I looked up at him and saw him looking awkwardly at me. He kept looking back from me and the wheelchair, opening and closing his mouth, trying to say something. 

“You can push the wheelchair and I’ll grab her things,” I said casually, a rush of relief showing on his face. He smiled at me and nodded.

I grabbed her bags as Niall turned the wheelchair around and exited the room. We all headed to the nurse’s desk, signing papers for discharge and talking with the doctor one more time. He just told us that Isla had to come back in a month for more tests and just repeated the more important details that he’s told us already regarding keeping Isla safe. 

We said goodbye to the doctor and headed out.

Niall and Isla were being their crazy selves as Niall pushed the wheelchair like a maniac and Isla was making siren sounds and laughing her head off. 

This was the first time I’ve seen Niall this happy since before the accident. It made me a bit jealous because what they have right now is more real than what me and Isla have right now. 

We reached the entrance and saw Paul standing beside our car. He saw us and grabbed the bags from my hands and put it in the trunk. I walked over to the car and opened the door.

“Hey, Niall, can you help Isla in the car?” I asked. I was trying to be nice by letting him help her, I thought he’d be happy but when I looked at him, he was looking at me with a weird look on his face. 

“Um, yeah, sure,” he said. He walked around and helped Isla up.

“Thank you, Ni-Ni,” Isla said. 

“It’s my pleasure,” he said, smiling at her and helping her into the car. He closed the door and looked at me.

“Hey, look, you don’t have to keep doing things like this. You know, letting me do things for her, let’s just keep it real, okay? I appreciate it though but I just want things to be normal,” he said to me. 

I nodded. “Sure, I’m sorry. I just don’t know how to handle things right now,” I said.

“I understand,” he said, “let’s just not worry about it right now. Let’s go.” He hopped into the front seat beside Paul and I jumped in the back beside Isla.

It was a 15-minute ride to my place and we all hopped out when we arrived.

I helped Isla out of the car and we walked towards the house. I opened the door and walked in and we were surrounded by the boys and their girlfriends. 

“Welcome home, Isla!” 

“How are you?”

“Glad you’re finally home!” 

“Hey, hey, hey! Guys, give her some room,” I said.

“It’s okay, Harry,” she said, smiling at me. She then proceeded to give each of them a hug. El was last and they hugged longer than everyone else. They’ve been best friends since me and Isla went on a double date with El and Louis. 

That was a good night. We had gone out to dinner and then went to watch a movie. El and Isla chose the movie so we ended up watching “Crazy, Stupid, Love”. Lou and I were so bored while El and Isla kept squealing every time Ryan Gosling showed up on screen, especially when he took his shirt off. Lou and I groaned which caused El and Isla to hit us and then shushing us.

After the movie, they couldn’t stop talking about how gorgeous Ryan Gosling was and then they talked about every other thing girls talk about and they’ve been best friends since.

“I missed you so much,” El said.

“You saw her yesterday,” Lou said with a funny face.

“Yeah, so,” she replied. Lou just shook his head and sat down on the couch. The girls all went to the dining room and sat the table and starting chatting. 

I sat down beside Lou and the other boys followed.

I glanced at Niall and he looked at me. He nodded at me and I did the same. 

It was then that I knew that things would be okay.

--

Isla’s POV

“So, what happened within the year that I’ve lost my memory of?” I asked, looking at the El, Perrie and Danielle. They all looked at each other. 

“Well, we can’t tell you too much right now cause the doctor said to tell you slowly but nothing really crazy happened. The boys just went on tour, we visited them a few times, we went to many wonderful countries, and we hung out when we weren’t with the boys,” Dani said.

“Sucks that I can’t remember the places that I saw,” I said.

“Well, we took a bunch of pictures so we could look at those,” Perrie said. 

“Ooh! Yeah, can I see?” I said excitedly. 

“I have some on my phone,” El said, taking out her phone. She fiddled with her phone and then held it out for everyone to see.

I saw pictures of us at Disneyworld, Niagara Falls, and pictures at the concerts. El swiped the screen to another picture and I only got to look at it for a millisecond before El quickly pulled it away and out of sight.

“Oh, sorry, um…that’s a…a horrible picture of me,” she stuttered. She looked at the other girls and they all had worried looks on their faces and then they glanced at me but then looked away.

“Ohh…kay,” I said. I made it seem like I didn’t see the picture. But I did.

What I saw in the picture made me confused. Maybe I just imagined it. Or maybe it was the angle that I saw it so I didn’t think too much of it.

Plus, what I saw couldn’t be what I thought it was. 

What I thought I saw what a picture of all of us but I saw me and Niall kissing. 

That can’t be right.

--

Harry’s POV

“It sucks not being able to go on Twitter and Facebook, I feel so out of the loop right now,” Isla said to me.

Every one had left and we were cleaning up.

“The doctor advised not to go on those sites for a month or so cause you might read things that you don’t know about and it could overwhelm you and…you know,” I said, “it’s for the best.”

“Yeah, I understand,” she said, “I guess you’ll just have to keep me up to date on everything.” She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me from the back. I turned around and held her face in my hands. 

“Anything for you,” I said, staring deep into her eyes.

She went up on her tiptoes and kissed me. I instantly kissed her back as I held her closer. I ran my fingers through her hair and she moved one of her hands up to cup my face. The kiss lasted for about a minute, not caring about anything else around us.

I stopped the kiss and looked at her.

“I’m so glad you’re okay. I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here,” I said.

“I’ll never leave you. I can’t imagine my life without you,” she said. It was weird hearing that knowing the fact that she technically broke up with me. But that was before. This is now. 

And right now I was torn between keeping my promise with Niall and wanting to do whatever it takes to get her back.

**

Please vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 26 15
Two couples... one already set in stone and madly in love... while the other is just getting set up.... what happens when the girlfriend of Harry Sty...
51.4K 969 24
"How do you know when you have feelings for your best friend?" The one and only question that has been bothering these two inseparable friends. They...
122K 2.9K 19
Niall's absolutly in love with his best friend, and so he decided to make a book only for Liam. But there is a problem. Harry and Louis found it and...
16K 99 44
Elizabeth and Niall have been friends for years. They never wanted to be separated but when Elizabeth's dad got a new job it had to be done. When you...