Occurrence

By ididntask05

When tragedy strikes and Izuku is left motherless, he runs away from home hoping to find a safe haven. He bum... More

Chapter 1: Honey I'm trash!
Chapter 2: M-m-mum?
Chapter 3: My hero!!
Chapter 4: New Home
Chapter 5: Meeting Ms Joke and Mic
Chapter 6: A Talk About Mum PT 1
Chapter 7: A Talk About Mum PT 2
Chapter 8:Kacchan
Chapter 9: Bullies
Chapter 10: Snapped
Chapter 11: Shopping Attack
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday Kat
Chapter 13: Middle School- Year 1
Chapter 14: Middle School- Year 2
Chapter 15: Middle School- Year 3
Chapter 16: So Is He My Dad As Well Now?
Chapter 17: Band Practice and Training
Chapter 18: Entrance Exam
Chapter 19: Hisashi Midoriya
Chapter 20: Good News
Chapter 21: UA! UA! UA!
Chapter 22: ALL MIGHT?!
Chapter 23: Fight!
Chapter 24: Class President
Chapter 25: Attack on the USJ
Chapter 26: You Son Of A Bitch!
Chapter 27: Please Get Better
Chapter 28: Back to School Surprise
Chapter 29: Build Up
Chapter 30: Sports Festival START!
Chapter 31: Obstacle Course
Chapter 32: Cavalry Battle
Chapter 33: Confrontation
Chapter 35: Round 2
Chapter 36: Round 3
Chapter 37: The Final Round
Chapter 38: Moving In
Chapter 39: Nightmare
Chapter 40: Hero Names
Chapter 41: Internship
Chapter 42: Endeavour
Chapter 43: Hero Killer Stain
Chapter 44: Shota & Hizashi
Chapter 45: I LEAVE YOU FOR 2 DAYS!!!
Chapter 46: Blossoming Romance
Chapter 47: Returning Class
Chapter 48: Exam Pressure
Chapter 49: Exams
Chapter 50: Exams Pt 2
Chapter 51: Stop Stressing Shithead
Chapter 52: Results
Chapter 53:Training Camp
Chapter 54: The Camp Is On Fire
Chapter 55: Kidnapped
Phenomenon Is Now Out!
I got tagged in something

Chapter 34: Round 1

8.8K 304 463
By ididntask05

A little warning here. I'm trying to fit 8 FIGHTS into one chapter. I know I could split it into multiple parts but I'd rather put all of the first round together so this is going to be long and some of the fights may not be very detailed. Furthermore, there's going to be a lot of POV changes because why not.

When an announcement blared over the speakers announcing that the fights would be starting in five minutes, I decided to head up to the viewing box. If I recall correctly, Tetsutetsu and Kirishima were the first people fighting. I didn't know a lot about Tetsutetsu's quirk but I knew it was similar to Kiri's so I was excited to see them fight.

When I arrived at the spectator's box, a majority of the class had already taken their seats. They watched as Cementos manipulated concrete into an appropriate stage for the fight. I looked around to see if Kacchan was around but he wasn't. I guessed he was in a prep room, seeing as his match against Ochako was second. "Hey Izu!" Kyoka called as she plopped into the seat beside me. "Hey, Kyoka. Nervous about your fight against Mina?" I asked. She laughed lightly and shook her head. "I'm not too nervous. I think we're even in our abilities so it's a pretty even fight." Kyoka commented, she didn't seem to be showing any emotions, but I'd known her since we were kids. I knew what the constant tapping of her shoes on the floor meant. "Keep dreaming Jiro. I'm totally going to beat you." Mina joked as she sat in the row of seats behind us. We all laughed together but were cut off by Present Mic's voice. "This is the final event of the day! I'm so excited!". Cheers rose from the crowd as they worked themselves into an excited frenzy. "The rules of the fights are simple. If somebody goes out of bounds, they are out. If you knock your opponent out, you win. Cementos and Midnight will be acting as our referees!" Papa shouted the rules with enthusiasm. "Now let's get this party started!".

*Kirishima's POV*

I walked out to the cheers of the crowd. I was a bit nervous about fighting in front of so many people. If I messed up then they would all see and everyone would know how weak I really was. I shook my head to get rid of my doubtful thoughts. Having such thoughts would only damage my self-esteem and reduce my chances of winning. "From class 1A, the indestructible, rock hard beast, Eijiro Kirishima!" Present Mic screamed. The crowd roared in approval at my introduction. The introduction made my chest swell with pride. Present Mic was really hyping me up. "And from class 1B, the metal tank who can plough through his enemies, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!". Once again the audience roared in approval as my opponent was introduced. We were stood in the centre of the ring, face to face. I could see the determination in his eyes and I'm sure he could see the determination in mine. We shook hands to demonstrate good sportsmanship before we took a step back. We were ready to fight.

The entire stadium was silent as we waited in anticipation for Midnight to start the fight. Her whip was raised, I knew once it came down, the fight would begin. "Begin!". As soon as the word left her lip I activated my quirk. I made sure that I wasn't too hard so that my mobility was restricted. I launched myself forward to meet Tetsutesu in the middle of the ring. Both of our fists landed on each other's faces at the same time. Our heads spun from the force of the punches. I was quicker to recover though. Testsutetsu was turning around to hit me once again, but I got to him first. I clasped my hands together and brought them down hard on his head, driving him into the floor. I heard a gasp run around the stadium. I couldn't pay any heed to the audience though because I had to defeat my opponent. I put Tetsutesu in a headlock and squeezed tight. He tried to escape which caused us to stumble around the stage a bit but this worked to my advantage. He managed to escape from my headlock when we were relatively close to the edge of the ring. I knew what I had to do. I didn't give him time to recover from my previous attack before I punched him square in the face so that I made him stumble backwards. "Tetsutetsu is out of bounds! Kirishima wins!" Midnight shouted. Cheers erupted around the stadium. I smiled triumphantly. I was surprised that I had managed to win. The only downside to winning was that my next opponent was most likely going to be Bakugo. But I couldn't count Uraraka out yet!

*Izuku's POV*

I had been taking notes during the entire fight and I was enamoured with both of their quirks. I watched as Kiri helped Tetsutesu up, offering him a hand and seemingly apologizing for putting him in a headlock. It seemed like a very Kirishima thing to do. "He did really well." I heard Shoji comment to Sato. Sato nodded in agreement. The two boys walked off and the crowd waited in anticipation for the next people to take the stage.

"You did really well, Kiri!" I cheered when he came up to the viewing box. Kirishima rubbed the back of his head and looked down at the floor, embarrassed. I laughed at him and looked around the box. Todoroki, Sero, Kacchan and Ochako were all missing since their fights were upcoming. "Moving onto the next match!". I settled down and watched as two of my closest friends walked into the centre of the stadium. "Bakugo will go easy on her, right?" Kaminari asked with a tint of fear in his voice. Both Kyoka and I shook our heads. "Kat never goes easy on me. He says that when we face villains they're not going to go any easier on me just because I don't have a dick." Kyoka commented offhandedly. Iida spluttered and began to chastise Kyoka whilst I laughed.

*Katsuki's POV*

"The next round is between two students from class 1A. We have a hot-headed teen who's got a face only a mother could love, it's Katsuki Bakugo!" when Hizashi introduced me I had to restrain myself from flipping him off. What kind of fucking commentary was that? "Versus a sweet girl who's determination is well placed, Ochako Uraraka!". The crowd cheered for us both. We took our places at opposite ends of the ring, surveying each other before the match could start. "Begin!" Nemuri shouted initiating the match.

As soon as the match started Round face charged at me. She stayed low to the ground which was peculiar, but I didn't have time to question it as she was getting closer. I wasn't going to dodge her advance. I could take her on. She was in my range by that point and I wasn't going to hold back on my explosion. I swung my arm down in an arc and at the highest point, I let my sweat spark up. She didn't get the chance to dodge before my explosion hit her head-on. I heard mumbles from the crowd about how aggressive I was being. I elected to ignore them. They were just a bunch of pussies. If I fight full out against a male, I'm going to fight full out against a female. It's fucking equality.

I saw something in the smoke from my explosion and assuming it was pink cheeks, I directed an explosion at it, but it turned out to just be her overshirt. I felt the hair on the back of my neck prick up, a sign that someone was going to attack me from behind. I whipped around just in time to see round face about to touch me. On instinct, I let off an explosion in her face which caused her to fly backwards and land in a pile a few metres away. I tutted and swiped my hand through the smoke to get a better look at my opponent, only to see she was up once again. I must admit that her tenacity was admirable, but I wasn't going to let her win. I told Icy-hot I was going to win. I even vowed it in my student pledge. There was no way I was letting pink cheeks beat me.

The stadium shook as I let off another explosion in Uraraka's face. She just kept charging, trying to use her quirk on me. Every time she advanced, I just blew her backwards, earning shouts of protest from the crowd. By now the boos I was receiving were getting louder and louder. It was starting to piss me off. "Is that a pro booing in the crowd? If so then you should realize that nobody is going to hold back in the field. Villains aren't going to let female heroes off because they're female. Use your brains. Bakugo is being cautious and isn't holding because he wants to win. This isn't any different than fights which occur every day between heroes and villains!" Shota's voice interrupted the crowd's shouts of disgust. The crowd shut up after that and I couldn't be more thankful. Their boos were fucking annoying.

I saw round face's lips moving, indicating that she was speaking. I strained my ears to hear what she was saying. "Thanks for letting your guard down." I made out from across the ring. I was extremely confused until I saw her put her fingers together and heard the sound of something falling through the air. I looked up and saw hundreds of chunks of concrete falling down upon me in a meteor shower. I was pleasantly surprised that she actually had a tactic, she did a really good job at disguising her intentions. However, a couple of rocks falling down on me was nothing. I raised my left hand in the air and placed my right hand around my wrist to reinforce it. I didn't really want to break my wrist from the force of my explosion. I let off a monumental explosion, which obliterated every single rock and smirked down at Uraraka. She had been blown away by the force of my explosion and was laid on the floor, struggling to stand back up again. "I have to win. I'm sorry. Need to win." I heard her muttering under her breath. It didn't look like she could fight anymore. When she finally managed to stand up again she swayed on her feet, there was no way I was fighting her in the state which she was in. It wouldn't be fair on her. Plus its boring fighting people who are weakened, they barely put up a fight. Uraraka collapsed on the floor in front of me, her fingers twitching as she tried to reach out.

"Uraraka is unable to fight! Bakugo wins!" Midnight called to the stadium ending the fight. As I walked off of the stage, I didn't receive cheers as Shitty Hair did. Barely anyone made a noise. Although, I could distinctly hear Kyoka and Izuku congratulating me. I smiled to myself as I made my way up to the viewing box.

*Izuku's POV*

I was worried about Ochako. She had taken a fair amount of hits during her fight with Kacchan. Speaking of Kacchan, he did really well in his fight. I felt the heat and wind come from the explosion which blew the concrete out of the sky. I don't doubt that his shoulders ache after that explosion.

When Kacchan finally got into the viewing box Kyoka and I congratulated him for winning but chastised him from going a bit too hard. Kaminari made a comment about Kacchan beating up a frail girl and Kacchan retaliated by saying (and I quote) "She's anything but frail, dumbass.". Kacchan saying such a thing was practically unheard of. If Kacchan said that about Ochako after their fight, it showed that he had a grudging respect for her ability to fight.

The next two fights were both over within minutes. Todoroki and Sero fought first. Sero barely had time to react to Todoroki before a huge iceberg swallowed him. I could feel the chill in the air from my seat. Sero had my deepest sympathy since he was encased in ice which was so cold it felt like it was freezing the skin off of your bones.

The second fight was between Kaminari and a boy from general studies called Hitoshi Shinso. I recognised him as the boy who confronted our class the previous day. I was curious as to what his quirk was, he seemed physically fit so he could clearly hold himself in a fight. As I've said, the fight was over nearly as soon as it started. When Auntie Nemuri initiated the match, Shinso sprung into action with his quirk. "Are you ready to fight?" He shouted over to Kaminari. "Yeah! I was born re-" Kaminari suddenly stopped talking. Confused whispers echoed around the stadium as Kaminari simply turned around and started walking away. I looked at Shinso closely. He was staring directly at Kaminari, he watched his movements very closely, his eyes narrowed in concentration. I gasped loudly as soon as I figured out what his quirk was. Brainwashing. I whipped out my quirk analysis book and started scribbling feverishly about what I could see about Shinso's quirk. Theories ran through my head at speeds which made it hard to think coherently. I looked up in time to see Kaminari walk out of the ring before he snapped out of his trance and looked around in confusion. "Kaminari walked out of bounds! Shinso wins!" Midnight shouted as the crowd cheered.

I watched as Kaminari whipped around to look at Shinso with a wide mouth. I could see him splutter but be silenced when Shinso walked beside him and said something to him. From the looks of Shinso's body language, the way leant in and smirked, he had whispered something to Kaminari which caused Kami's face to immediately turn red.

*Kaminari's POV*

I was so confused. One minute I was looking at Shinso, the next Midnight's voice shouted that the match was over and Shinso had won. I looked around and saw that I had stepped out of bounds. It occurred to me that Shinso probably had some sort of control quirk. I spun around and looked at Shinso in shock as he swaggered toward me with a slight smirk on his face. As he reached me he put his mouth by my ear and exhaled, making me shiver due to his hot breath, and whispered in my ear. "I think you're one of the cuter guys I've controlled." he flirted before he smirked at me and walked away. My face flushed a vivid red colour before I hid it in my hands and walked away from the public eye as fast as possible.

(AN: I can't flirt. That's the author's note. I don't know how to flirt.)

*Izuku's POV*

The fight after Shinso's and Kami's was Tokoyami and Yaomomo's. I wasn't sure who was going to win initially, but it was clear as soon as the fight started that Tokoyami would claim victory. I think Yaomomo must have panicked slightly when she saw Dark Shadow coming towards her because she didn't make any offensive moves. She was purely defensive and ended up getting pushed out of the ring. When Auntie Nemuri announced that Momo had lost, I felt really bad for her. The dejected look on her face made my heart ached. She looked really put out.

When she came up to the box, I was leaving to go to my prep room. "Hey! Yaomomo! You did really well." I said in an encouraging voice. She smiled at me gently as she shook her head. "I did terribly. I couldn't even come up with a plan to counteract Tokoyami," Yaomomo sighed. When she looked up at me I could see the shattered look in her eyes. I was starting to wonder if Kacchan had been right about her lack of confidence.

*Kyoka's POV*

I watched Yaomomo's fight on the TV in the prep room. When Tokoyami beat her she looked so put out. All I wanted to do was find her and hug the ever-living daylights out of her. But I couldn't. I had to concentrate on my fight with Mina. I was lying when I said I wasn't nervous. I was extremely nervous. Mina was very flexible and good on her feet due to her past in dance. Whilst I was decent at fighting, I wasn't anywhere as nimble as Mina. My thoughts were interrupted when a mechanical voice told me to head to the main stage.

I took a deep breath before I walked out of the tunnel and towards the stage, feeling the eyes of the crowd on me. "Another two students from class 1A are fighting next!" Mic announced to the stadium of spectators. " The nimble, acid-spewing queen with a flair for the dramatic! It's Mina Ashido!"Mic shouted, causing the crowd to cheer and Mina to wave and blow kisses to the crowd. As I reached the centre of the stage, Mic began to introduce me and I had to fight to keep my blush down. " And her opponent, a pop-punk girl who's rocking fighting style has yet to be seen! It's Kyoka Jiro!". The crowd cheered for me, as they did for Mina, before they settled down to wait for the fight to start.

Mina and I stared at each other, itching to leap forward. "Begin!". Neither one of us wasted a second. I ran forward and met Mina in the centre where we began to exchange blows. Mina managed to evade most of my punches but I still go quite a few hits in. Mina tried to punch me but I leaned back to avoid her acid-coated fist. I extended my earphone jack out and inserted it into Mina's arm. She realised what was happening a second too late. I sent my heartbeat through Mina's body. She shrieked slightly and swayed on her feet but she managed to not fall down. Whilst she was disorientated, I swept Mina's feet out from under her and pinned her to the ground. The position I held Mina in was meant to make her concede. I straddled her waist and pinned her face down. Whilst pinning her body, I also pinned one of Mina's arms to the floor whilst I held her other hand straight up in the air behind her back. It was a position which would make it very easy for me to dislocate Mina's shoulder, but I obviously didn't actually want to do that. "Give up." I said, pulling her arm a tiny bit which caused her to wince. She tried to squirm out of my hold but I put more of my body weight on her. This went on for a few minutes. I'd tell her to give up but she'd stubbornly say no and try even harder to squirm her way out of my hold. "Please, Mina. If I pull your arm anymore it'll dislocate!" I begged her. After saying this she finally stopped wiggling and sighed. "I give up!" she shouted loud enough for Midnight to hear. I quickly got off her and helped her up. I apologised rapidly for bending her arm back. Being around Izuku for so long must have rubbed off on me. "It's ok! You just did what you needed to win!" Mina exclaimed in a cheery voice. I chuckled slightly.

The match after mine was Iida's. He was up against a girl from the support course called Mei Hatsume. It was amusing to watch Hatsume use Iida as a walking advertisement for her inventions. The match finally ended when Hatsume decided she had shown off all of her 'babies' sufficiently and stepped out of bounds. Crowning Iida the victor of that match despite the fact that he didn't do anything.

The final match of the first round was Izuku's. I didn't doubt that he would win. But I knew Izu and I knew he would be freaking out and making a bigger deal of the entire match than necessary.

*Izuku's POV*

I was freaking out. I knew next to nothing about my opponent, Ibara, so I'd have to make a strategy along the way. I didn't want to step out into the stadium where thousands of people would be watching me, but when I heard the buzzer, I knew it was time to fight.

My knees knocked against each other as I made my way to the edge of the ring with jelly-like legs. The eyes and cameras bared down on me like learning monsters. I felt my breath catch in my throat. "From class 1B, the gentle-natured embodiment of mother nature, it's Shiozaki Ibara!" Papa introduced my opponent. The crowd cheered for her for a few seconds before silencing and waiting for my introduction. "From class 1A, a determined boy who amazes people with his quirk's vast abilities, it's Izuku Midoriya!". The crowd's cheers became background noise. I shut my eyes to get me in the zone. When Auntie Nemuri barked "Begin!" my eyes snapped open.

Ibara was a long-distance fighter so if I got in close to her, I had a better chance of taking her out. I didn't know how precise she could be with her vines, but she could most likely hit me out of the air if I was a bird. These observations and thoughts were running through my mind as I ducked and dodged Ibara's multiple attacks with her hair. I was starting to form a plan, but I wasn't sure how successful it would be. I decided to not second guess myself and just try my plan. As long as I wasn't incapacitated or thrown from the ring, I could try as many plans as I needed to.

My plan involved transforming into multiple things, and could be described as confusing, but I knew what I had to do. I leapt away from some of Ibara's vines and landed frighteningly close to the edge. When I was steady, I transformed into Auntie Nemuri and ripped the thin fabric off of both of my arms. Excessive amounts of sleeping gas hung in the air, creating a pinkish hue. Nemuri's quirk was more effective on males than females, but I knew that it would at least make Ibara woozy and uncoordinated. I could tell that Ibara was feeling the effects of the quirk. It was time for the second step.

I transformed into a fox and wound my way through Ibara's vines. One pro to being smaller than the average human was that when I transformed into animals my lack of size carried over. No matter what animal I was, I'd be smaller than average, which can be annoying at times but during the match was perfect. I snuck through the vines whilst keeping my senses alert. Ibara still seemed a bit spacey when I arrived at her feet, she was struggling to keep her eyes open and she was swaying on her feet. It took very little effort to transform back into a human and push her over the out of bounds line before she could even realise what was happening. "Midoriya wins!" Auntie Nemuri shouted to the crowd, who cheered for me. I breathed a sigh of relief. I had made it through to the second round.

"Well done Zuku." Kacchan congratulated me gruffly. He looked pissed off for some reason. It could have been the fact that people in our class kept pestering him about his fight with Ochako. Speaking of Ochako, she pulled me into a tight hug and squealed excitedly about my victory. I looked up at the board and checked to see the matchups for the following round. They were: Kacchan V Kirishima, Tokoyami V Kyoka, Shinso V Todoroki and Iida V me. I had a feeling that the next round was going to be very intense.

This is the longest chapter I've ever written at roughly 4000 words. It took quite a while to write but less time than expected.

Now to answer a question:

I've written up to chapter 43, but I've already planned what will happen at the end of the book and I know that a lot of you will hate me for what I'm going to do. I'm doing quite well, thank you for asking.

You can keep asking me questions. They can be about anything. Anyway, thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 101K 159
Aizawa watched Izuku drink his black coffee, gazing absently out the window. The underground hero couldn't help but smirk, he looked forward to the e...
43.4K 1.1K 32
Izuku Midoriya's dream of becoming a Hero was not only shattered by his Idol, but by society. What happens when his Mom receives a job offer in Ameri...
1.6K 9 50
(Cover art does not belong to me) COMPLETED Izuku Midoriya always had difficulties with trust, whenever he trusted someone they hurt him. His father...
1.7K 71 8
A deep dive into Deku's mental health. Izuku Midoriya is used to being ignored. He's used to being used and abused, but that doesn't make it hurt an...