Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

Από smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... Περισσότερα

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Collimate
Descant
Désolée
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Fortuity

3.3K 192 125
Από smolestkohai

You tried to shake those thoughts from your head as you jogged. The lovely therapy session from the night prior was still lingering on your mind. It even made your meditation a little difficult. Damn.

You took yourself up on the idea of jogging by the river to help clear your head at least a little. The sun hadn't started rising and the ground held a layer of mist that didn't pass your shins. Your path was illuminated by the yellowish tint of the lamp posts high above you. It was nice to enjoy the scenery before it began to fill with people. You adjusted the volume in your earbuds just before pushing into a sprint.

"New message from All Might." Your phone's AI spoke over your tunes. You slowed back into your original pace. "Read." You commanded after tapping the bud's touchpad.

What are you wearing?

"WHAT THE FUCK." You tripped over your feet, grabbing at the guardrail before you landed on your face. "Nah." You shook your head and stood up quickly. "I didn't hear that right." You snatched your phone from its arm band. "He didn't say that sh-"

There it was, clear as day. You blinked rapidly, your face twisting in disgust and fingers lighting up the keys in response.

CLOTHES. W H Y.

FUCKING HELL, DUDE. You stood with your hand on your hip, foot tapping impatiently while you waited on his reply. Please be joking. I'm not in the fucking mood for this.

I realize now that wasn't a good look.

I think I see you

You took a deep sigh of relief and clutched your invisible pearls.

Don't scare me like that

Purple leggings, black sweatshirt

With a gust of wind Might was at your side. "I apologize." He bowed, you nodded and clicked your tongue. "No worries, big guy." You gave his arm a reassuring pat. "What's up?" You asked as he stood straight. "I uh." The hero rubbed the back of his neck and pointed at the nearby hill. "I saw you from up there."

"Okay, stalker." You teased. "A coincidence I promise!" He held his hands up in innocence. "I was stretching after landing there."

"Uh huh." You smirked and crossed your arms. He is in joggers and a tank top. I'll let him have that. "What about you?" Might asked. "Just jogging." You answered

"Looked like running to me."

"Twenty second sprints, sir. I'm sure you know how those work." You leaned forward. "And if I didn't?" He replied. "I'd call you a liar."

"Ouch." Might chuckled. "Mind if I join you?"

"To...jog?" You lifted an eyebrow. All Might jogging? What would that even do for him? "I could keep you in time?" He offered. "That doesn't sound too bad." You nodded at the thought. "Okay."

The jogging was fine, what you didn't expecting was Might to set the pace of the sprints differently than what you were accustomed to. Ya'know, the norm for twenty second sprints. That was definitely thirty seconds. You thought slowing down. One stride for him was almost double for you and you could tell he was pushing you on purpose. Well, at least you didn't have to pay for a trainer. You distracted yourself from the burn with your music, unfortunately the song in particular just took you back to Bianca's predicament.

A hand set on your back. What? Your eyes shot to your side, Might was making sure you kept up with him. His form just a little ahead of you. "Sorry! I got lost in thought." You caught up, his palm retreating. "I'm surprised you're still going." He took a quick glance down to you. "What? How far have we gone?"

"About six kilometers."

"Ffffuuuu-" you slowed to a stop, and puffed. "Is there something wrong with that?" Might stopped and asked. "My car is that way." You pointed in the direction you came from. "It's just six back."

"No it's almost twice that." Dammit. 

"Do you want to head back now?" You took a moment to think it over, your eyes catching the sparkling sunrise on the water. "Not yet..." You strayed from the concrete path and onto the grassy bank, plopping down cross legged to rest. Might soon doing the same at your right. "Your ankles," He leaned forward. "They're swelling. Are you not feeling well?"

"Oh, no these are weights." You pulled up your leggings by the hem, showing off the smooth weighted cuffs. "Interesting."

"Mhm." You nodded and looked back over the river.

Your music stopped. Eyebrows furrowed, you moved to check your phone when Might's finger brushed your cheekbone, his gaze on yours. "D-Did you pause my music?" You asked. "You haven't moved in the last fifteen minutes." He pulled back. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing." You looked down at your hands. "Then why'd you turn away?" The hero moved to meet your eye, your head rotating just the slightest towards him. Shit. "It's been written all over your face this morning."

"Has it?"

He nodded, turning his body to face you. "Talk to me."

"Uh....okay." You looked up at the hues of orange eating away at the dark blue. "Do you have a girlfriend?" You started.

"Wh-" You looked over, your cheek lazily resting on your shoulder. Might's expression was hard to read. "Ye-"

"That's not how I should've begun that." You sighed. I heard that though. "Do you think you could love more than one person? Or love one and harbor deep feelings for the other? What do you do in a situation like that?"

"That's...you're laying it on thick this morning." He laughed nervously. "I, personally, wouldn't commit to either. If I've found myself falling for someone else, then I don't think I really loved the first."

"People change. All the time. Who you are now isn't who you were a decade ago, and not who you'll be a decade from now."

"That does hold truth." Might agreed.

"Do you think it's possible though? Not specifically you, but in general." You reclined on your palms. "For someone, I'm sure." He answered. "What makes you ask?"

"What if you were on the receiving end?" You continued. Might was quiet, reading you for a bit before he opened his mouth to speak. "That's an interesting situation to be in, I don't want to believe I'd stay."

"I see." Your focus went to the grass between your fingers. "Are you?" Might set his palm on your head. "Are you going through-"

"Pfft! Might, no!" You rolled your eyes hard. "Look at me, please." He said softly, you did so. "Find anything?" You saw something. There was a flicker, an ember of something, and then it was gone. He shook his head. "Just checking, but if not you, then who?"

"This chick I met at my job last night." You frowned. "She was so sad and drunk, but mostly sad."

"Don't worry too much about it. You...they'll figure it out, that's not your burden to bear."

"I guess." You shrugged. 

"You met her last night?" Might spoke up. 

"Yeah."

"If I recall correctly, when I stopped by for another round of duck, you weren't there."

"Duck?" You reared your head back. "Oh!" It clicked. "I got another job! I don't know how I forgot to mention that to you. Sorry about that, big guy." It's been like two months, damn I suck.

"That's good news. Do you enjoy it?" He grinned.

"Mhm! But you went to visit little ol' me?" You beamed. 

"Yes." He looked away. 

"Did ya bring your girlfriend?" Oof. Two hit combo.

"She's...we're not." He sighed, rubbing his temples in frustration. "No, I didn't."

"Daaaaamn, Might. It's like that?"

"Where do you work now?" Might changed the subject. "I dunno if I can tell you." You cooed. "Sounds illegal, ma'am." He leaned in. "Oh, it's absolutely nothing the Symbol of Peace would condone." You grinned. "I think you just like keeping me on my toes."

"Something like tha-" There was a deep, loud splash and screaming that came from your far left. Both your heads cutting in that direction.

"You should-"

"I'm sorry but I have to-" Might stood. "Never apologize for that." You said as he shot off. You couldn't really see exactly what was happening and the attention that it was grabbing didn't look too appealing. You'd see it on the news later most likely, for now you'd just text him. You pushed up off the ground and headed back towards your car. Time to wash off. Might hadn't gotten the chance to check his phone until over an hour after you left.

Hey you. I had to scoot

Coincidentally see you/ talk soon?

You know we will

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

47 Από Abigail

Fanfiction

1M 44.1K 67
MY HERO ACADEMIA IZUKU MIDORIYA BOOK ONE OF ASAMI OKUMA SERIES Asami Okuma was one of two children born quirkless in the small hometown of Musutafu...
2.5M 117K 76
❝I'M ALWAYS TIRED, BUT NEVER OF YOU.❞ [various x reader] a lazy girl with a few missing brain cells is on the path to becom...
3.8K 167 10
.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆ " 𝖦𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗎𝗍! " *・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ Started: 02.09.21
1.4K 84 26
𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒? 𝑇𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢...𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙...