Life After Marriage Book 3

By intellectual212

August and Amber newly married learn to navigate the tricky waters of married life. Trilogy to If That's Wha... More

Interruptions Part 1
Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
The Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 1
Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 2
Puppy Love
Inappropriate Outfits/The Cake Thief
Whose Your Daddy Part 1
Whose Your Daddy Part 2
Not Again Part 1
NOT AGAIN PART 2
Making Breakfast
Alternative Plans 1
Alternative Plans Part 2
IT'S BECOMING CLEARER PART 1
It's Becoming Clearer Part 2
Hard Decisions Part 1
Hard Decisions Part 2
Missed Ship Part 1
Missed Ship Part 2
Leaving
Author's Note: Writer's Advice
When Papa's Away Part 1
Change of Heart
You Deserve
The Right One
Be Free
Drowned Memories
Author's Note: There Are Other Books Before This
Working It Out
New Car
Fight
Chest Pain
Back
Building Trust
Good Place
When in Canada Do as the Canadians Do
Sacred Ground
A/N- For those offended
The Results
R& B's New Bad Boy
Early Morning Convo
One More Author's Note
Reunited Part 1
Slippery Slope
Hypocrite
Hypocrite Repost
Thank you Sata
Make Ups
Receiving What You've Given
My Shootaz
My shootaz repost
Two Valentines Part 1
Smile Through It
I'll Take The Lizard
Celebrity Life
Bro Drama
Bro Drama Part 2
You Dont love me ?
I love my life
He's a man
Trusting Again
My Gift
Career Day Part 1
Career Day Part 2
Repost Career Day Part 2
First Day
Back to Work
Special Chapter: Still Hurts
Visiting Mommy
Chance to Save
Let It Go
Further Investigation Part 1
Further Investigation Part 2
Author's Note- Direction Of Story
Baby Eater
Story is ending soon
Prom Night Threats
Father's Day Shopping With Bobby
Father's Day
Doing Our Part
Aug's hip-hop video
Gone
Man Stuff
I'll Handle It
Achilles Heel
Safe House
God Protect My Wife
My Other Grandma Part 1
My other grandma part 2
Regrets
Prayer Virgil For Amber And Amiri
Encouragment For Writers- Troll Readers Who Demand Updates
All I Got
Death Wish
God Protect My Wife Important Repost
Colorblind
Setting An Example
My Other Prince
I promise
Doesn't he remind you of Auggie!!!
Baby For Sale
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 1 - Stopping My Shine
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 2- Favorite So.
Authors Note - Ending of Life After Marriage
Comment your confusion
Back To The Past: King For A Day
Back to the Future - Career Goals
Final chapter / thank yous
Final Chapter - Au-Revoir
August Alsina Song Cry and this Book

Spoiled Spouses

67K 2K 451
By intellectual212

**** I am not one to criticize people's stories but I have read some Aug fan fic, I wanted to poke my eyes out after reading. It made me feel so dirty reading something like that. Some situations Aug should be not put in. If it's not LEGAL in real life, it shouldn't be legal in fiction. I'm just saying.****

AMBER P.O.V. –

I had just wrapped up class and I was headed back to my office when I felt my phone buzzing in the pocket of my suit jacket. I had a book the size of an encyclopedia in one arm and my Pumkin Iced Latte’ in the other. Therefore, I decided to wait until I got to my office to see who it was.

I made my way down the hall, sat my drink on the floor while I looked in my briefcase for my office key. I found it and opened the door. I picked up my drink and went in.

I closed the door behind me, sat at my desk and pulled out my phone. I returned the call.

“What’s up baby?” I said checking my work email on my office desktop.

“I need you to come to the doctor with me.”

“Babe I’m at work and I need to finish up some things before I pick up the kids.” I clicked on an email from one of my students asking for a time to meet to discuss their paper that was due in two weeks.

 “Babe please. I’m hurting and I need my wife by my side.” He whined on the other end.

“If you would’ve took your iron pills like I told you, you wouldn’t be there. You know you’re anemic. But you refuse to listen to me. This is the fifth fucking time I’ve been to the doctor with you because of this! ”

“Damn, why you getting upset?”

“Because you frustrate me August.”

“It’s not even because of my anemia it’s something else.”  

“Whatever.” I finished up the email and sent it.

“So you gon come?”

“Yeah I’ll be there. Jesus, you’re worse that than Lil Auggie.”

“Love you baby.” He said in a sweet voice.

“Good-bye August.” I hung up and logged off my computer.

He was 28 years old now and he was still spoiled rotten. But this is mainly my fault. Ever since we’d been together I had spoiled him. Aug always gets his way. Either now or later.  And still to this day, even though I have a load of shit to do, I leave it behind to cater to him.

Ladies, don’t start a pattern of something you don’t want to continue to do. It will be hard as hell to break it.

 And don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind being there for Aug, he’s my husband. I love him more than life itself. But when it comes to some things that I continually stress, like taking his pills, this is him just being a big baby.

I personally thinks he just likes me staying on his back about this type of stuff. It’s his way of knowing my attention is on him. Just like how children act out to get their parents attention, this is his way of getting mine. And this shit is exhausting.

I can see some things, but he is entirely too grown to be afraid to go to the doctor by himself.

I sighed, got my things and went to meet Aug at the doctor.

It wasn’t many people there. Maybe about five, which was good because I didn’t want to be in there all day. On top of that, the kids get out of school in a couple of hours.

He was sitting in the corner, reading a magazine. I sat in the chair next to him.

He pecked my lips and intertwined his left hand with my right, and put it on his lap.

“You’re acting like you’re dying Aug.”

“I could be and you don’t care.”

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics and looked up at the television. A commercial was on now.

“Feel my head babe. I got a real bad fever.” He rubbed my hand that was intertwined with his against his forehead.

“It doesn’t feel that way to me. You know why you’re here. Because you don’t listen.”

 “It’s not the anemia.”

“What is it then Aug?”

“It’s not that.”

“Watch what the doctor says.” I fanned him off, looking at the tv. 

He kissed my cheek still holding my hand,  then turned to the television which had MSNBC playing. 

“August Alsina.” A nurse that favored Tiny came out from behind the door.

Aug got up pulling my arm with him. I sat there.

“Come on.” He shook my hand.

I sighed and got up and followed him. 

Can you imagine if he had a life or death disease? He would want me plugged up to the machines with him.

“How you doing Mr. Alsina?” The nurse said. She had a pretty thick Georiga accent. 

“I’m alright.” He gave a slight smile and followed her to the back, his hand still connected with mine.

“Gon right in there.” She said and  pointed to the room.

We went in. I sat in a chair by the desk, Aug sat on the treatment table.

“Y’all married?” She asked smiling.

“Yeah.” I smiled back.

“Aww you got a sweet wife. You treat her real good you hear me.” She handed him a paper gown.

“I already do.” He boasted.

“That’s what they all say.” She rolled her eyes. “Take off your shirt for me. Put this on and the doctor should be here in a minute, alright?”

“Okay.” Aug said.

She left out.

Aug stood up and unbuttoned his dress shirt and handed it to me, then put on the paper gown. He sat back down and we waited in silence just looking around at the office until Dr. Gupta came in.

He was a small short Indian man, with a very thick Indian accent.

“Mr. Alsina.” He said looking at his chart. “What seems to be the problem?”

“I’ve been fatigued a lot lately and been dizzy.”

“Let’s see here.” He took August’s heart rate. Then he took his blood pressure.

He wrote some things in his chart.

“Those seem to be symptoms of your Anemia. Have you been taking your pills?”

“Sometime.”

“None of the time Dr. Gupta.”  I looked at Aug, like why are you lying.

 “You need to take them regularly Mr. Alsina for them to really get into your system and take effect.”

“Dr. Gupta I repeatedly tell him that and I even leave the pills where he can get to them.”

“I don’t want your condition to worsen Mr. Alsina. You need to listen to your wife.”

“I just forget sometimes.”

Why is he lying? He doesn’t forget. He conveniently ignores them when I sit them out.

“Forgetting can cause you some serious complications. You want to be around for your wife and children don’t you?”

“Of course.”

“Then their counting on you to be at your optimal health. Mrs. Alsina please make sure you get the tablets with Vitamin C. Those are the best.”

“Oh ok. We weren’t using those before.”

“And make sure he takes them every single day.”

“I will.”

“Mr. Alsina have you been under any stress lately?”

Aug paused for a minute then said…

“Uh…no I’m good.” He avoided looking at me, and had a weird expression on his face.

But I knew something was wrong. I know my Big Auggie and his face never lies.  I made a mental note to talk to him about that.

“Okay. You want to keep your stress levels down as much as possible.”

“Okay.”

“I think our session is complete. Remember iron pills. Iron rich foods. Mrs. Alsina if you cook the meals, make sure he’s eating properly as well.”

“Will do.”

“I don’t want to see you again Mr. Alsina, unless it’s with a clean bill of health.”

“I get it.” Aug laughed.

“See you guys.” Dr. Gupta left out.

I got up and handed Aug his shirt. I helped him button it up.

“What you been stressed about babe?” I said buttoning his cuffs.

He didn’t respond he just got up.

“August.” I looked at him with my hands on my hips. “You wanted me to come here, now tell me what’s going on.”

“Just life Amb.”

“What about it?”

“Balance. That’s all. No big deal.”

“Balancing what?”

“Amb just drop it.” He sucked his teeth and straightned the neck of his shirt.

“No, tell me.”

He sat back on the edge of the table and looked away, chewing on his bottom lip. I was standing in front of him.

“Look at me Aug.”

He looked and me and sighed.

“What’s wrong baby?” I picked a piece of lint out of his hair.

“Trying to balance everything . Making sure our bills are paid. Making sure I keep Sata and Auggie in line. Making sure I’m pleasing you. On top of trying to keep the office afloat. They say most dental offices close by the end of the fifth year, I’m about to hit that mark.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were feeling like this?”

"Man let's go."

“August I am not just your wife, I am your helpmate. I have always been that to you. It is okay to say Amb I need your help.”

He was about to say something, but I cut him off.

“And I know. I know you wanted the responsibility of taking care of everybody and everything and that’ s fine.  Because that’s what men of the house do, but you can always lean on me if it gets too much. Or at least know that you can talk to me about it. Every time I volunteer to pay for something, you shoot me down.”

“I got that part. Money’s not the problem.”

“Then what is?”

 “Just the stress of making sure I don’t fail. I’m so used to not having nothing, that I feel like at any moment I’mma lose it all. And fail like I usually do. Then our house gon go in foreclosure. Cars repossessed. My office shut-down. Then we gon be coming to Mama or yo Mama like Bobby Ray.”

I laughed at the Bobby Ray part.

“August, you know that’s not going to happen.”

“Says who? You know I’m a bad luck magnet Amb. Every time I get to a good place, shit comes falling down.”

“August, it’s not going to crash down. And stop speaking that negativity into your life. Those things in your past, God didn’t send them to destroy you. But to develop you. Had you not been in need when you were behind on rent, we…” I moved my hand to show the distance between him and me.

“Wouldn’t have been together. Had the school thing not happen, you would’nt have gotten the opportunities you got. Now look at you. You’re a Jr member on the same board that kicked you off. You’re looking at it the wrong way babe.” I stood between his legs and pecked his cheek.

“I…I just don’t wanna disappoint y’all.” I saw water fill his eyes. He took his hand and wiped it down his face. Removing any remnants of tears.

“And you’re not. And you haven’t babe.” I moved his chin to look at me.  “I just don’t understand why you didn’t tell me though. We used to talk about everything.”

“I guess I thought you’d notice that something was wrong. Like you used to do.”

I thought back and I guess I did notice something was off with him. He was a lot more uptight than usual. More on edge. Didn’t laugh or joke as much. But I guess I was so caught up in trying to figure out my own balance I didn’t notice, he was having problems with his.

I was so wrapped up in just making sure the basic day to day of the house ran smoothly like did he have his clothes, did he take his medicine, that I didn’t pay attention to his needs on a deeper level.  Aug and I never had this problem.

 “I’m sorry for not noticing baby. I’m going to be more attentive. ” I softly grabbed the sides of his face and kissed his lips.

“But remember we are in this together. We both need each other. And just like you are there for me, I am here for you. Like always. So just come to me and tell me next time babe. When I’m with the kids. When I’m at work. It’s hard for me to know things if you don’t tell me. You’ve worked so hard and you don’t deserve to be stressed. You deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labor. And anyway I can help you do that, let me know. Okay.”

 He shook his head he understood, then grabbed my waist and pecked my lips.

There was a knock on the door. 

"Sorry, we're coming."

As he got up, I gave him a hug and we walked out. I guess the days of spoiling Big Auggie will never end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 881 41
4 months after August proposed,him and Ciara focus on the wedding and their careers. When his past catches up to him will it cause their life to go d...
16.1K 605 12
This Is The Sequel To No Love Jordyn And August Are Back With Even More Drama Than Before And You Have To Read To Find Out So Start Reading! An...
7.1K 153 31
This book is about August and Monae`s after streets life. Monae is pregnant with their first child and they've been officially together for a while n...
42.3K 2K 33
Aliyah and August kids are almost grown and living life but there life is as fantastic as you think there is some struggles with love,friendship,pare...