||ON HIATUS|| Enigmatic Love...

By vibonboooooon

A Love Story of Granger and Lesley. Due to misfortunes, Lesley Vance, who always ended up into something wors... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: The Invitation
Chapter 2: Fanny, The Expert Wingman
Chapter 3: Watching Her From Afar
Chapter 4: A Fragment of Her Past
Chapter 6: That Nosebleed!
Chapter 7: Lightborn's First Anniversary [1]
Chapter 8: Lightborn's First Anniversary [2]
Chapter 9: Lightborn's First Anniversary [3]
Chapter 10: The Battle
Chapter 11: Please, Stay
Chapter 12: Back to His Old Self
Chapter 13: Where I First Met Him [1]
Chapter 14: Meet The Paxley Brothers
Chapter 15: Going Home
Chapter 16: The Dream
Chapter 17: Intertwined
Chapter 18: The Return of Prince Aurelius III
Chapter 19: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [1]
Chapter 20: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [2]
Chapter 21: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [3]
Chapter 22: The Lineal Descendant
Chapter 23: The Mission in Empire's South [1]
Chapter 24: The Mission in Empire's South [2]
Chapter 25: The Mission in Empire's South [3]
Chapter 26: The Mission in Empire's South [4]
Chapter 27: The Cure
Chapter 28: Afraid
Chapter 29: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [1]
Chapter 30: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [2]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 1K READS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 1.5K READS]
NOTICE! [THE SKETCH OF THE PAXLEY BROTHERS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 2K READS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 3K READS]

Chapter 5: The Preparation

1.1K 66 157
By vibonboooooon

Chapter 5: The Preparation

Lesley

"Let's think about the piece we're going to play," Said Tigreal as he shoved his hair, sitting on the chair, facing the grand piano.

"Hmmm, do you know La Campanella by Paganini? This song is surely hard, but I bet you know this," He added, then I looked at him with surprise.

"My all-time favorite piece!" I smiled, then I asked Fanny to borrow her violin again, and good thing she let me borrow it.

Tigreal smiled back, "Me too, let's get started."

As we started to practice our piece, everyone halted as they watched us performed, I felt something's not right, someone's staring at me. But I don't want to lose concentration, or else, they will be disappointed at me.

Still, I tried my best to ignore this feeling that keeps me bothering, and in the end, our performance turned out well. They all gave us a round of applause!

"Amazing! It's was your very first practice for the intermission, yet, you two looked like you guys already mastered the piece!" Fanny complimented as her eyes beamed.

"Well, we both knew the song, by coincidence." Said Tigreal as he scratched the back of his head.

"What you did was amazing!" The princess exclaimed as she smiled, then we smiled back.

"What song is that?" Harith asked.

"La Campanella," Tigreal answered, then I nodded.

"That song you performed was too hard to master!" Said Fanny, "I want to be good at playing violin, just as good as you, Lesley." She added as she gazed upon me with her eyes that shines brightly.

"You can do it, anything's possible. We're here to support you." I smiled.

"Thanks, Lesley. You're the coolest," Fanny complimented as Alucard butted-in and pouted.

"How about me?" He asked as he faked a frown, "Of course you are cool, but Lesley is cooler." Said Fanny that made us all chuckled.

"Oh, how I wish Granger was here with us," Fanny said as she looked at me with her evil smirk.

"So that Granger would go nuts over Lesley," She added, everyone glanced at me and grinned and laughed that made me looked down and blushed.

Darn, I feel so embarrassed!

"H-Hey, Fanny! Stop t-that!" I stammered as I hid my face from them. I looked at Tigreal who was grinning at me, desperately asking for his help. He knew what I mean, so he cut the awkward and embarrassing conversation.

"Ahem! By the way, do you want to practice again, miss?" Tigreal asked, as I looked at him and nodded.

"Just call me Lesley, sir Tigreal." I smiled.

"Okay, Lesley." He smiled back.

Geez, Tigreal! You saved me!

-

I'm at the garden, lying down the grass, feeling the fresh air as I breathe. I feel relaxed and it makes me less stressful. Courtesy of Fanny who suggested this wonderful spot!

I can feel the scent of the flowers, that made me breathe slowly, and calm. The soft grass that tickles my arm, and the sunlight greeted me like it says welcome back.

As I closed my eyes, I began to sing out of boredom:

It started out as a feeling,

Which then grew into a hope,

Which then turned into a quiet thought,

Which then turned into a quiet word.

Then, thousands of dark reveries flashed into my mind.

And then that word grew louder and louder,

'Til it was a battle cry,

I'll come back, when you call me,

No need to say goodbye.

I remembered my happy moments with my real parents, as we walked down the meadow, singing this song together.

Just because everything's changing,

Doesn't mean it's never been this way before,

All you can do is try to know who your friends are,

As you head off to the war.

I started to remember the scars from the past, one by one.

Pick a star on the dark horizon,

And follow the light,

You'll come back, when it's over,

No need to say goodbye.

The day they killed my parents, I still remember what they did to them, and what they did to me.

I slowly touched my left eye, with my left hand, caressing it softly. And I remember the day I met Gusion, we had so much fun together before, not until Guinevere showed up. And the day I met him, is also the day I saw him with Guinevere, making love.

After I sang, I can't help but to cry silently. After all, I still can't move on from the past. I'm not that strong enough to move forward.

I cried, and cried, until I drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up and sat on the grass, looking at the sky, my jaw dropped and my eyes widen. It's now dusk! Oh, dear... I slept too long. They're gonna kill me if I'm late, argh!

I can't believe the party will start tonight! Gosh, I don't even know what I'm going to wear, and I'm not that good at matching clothes. Now, I'm thinking what will be my outfit for tonight. Or I gotta ask some help from Fanny? Great idea!

I stood up from the grass and slowly walking inside the palace.

"At least I enjoyed what happened earlier," I said and chuckled as I remembered what happened earlier as I stepped inside the palace.

"Can't believe that I met new friends." I sighed in relief, it was fun, though.

"Everyone was nice, and I can't help but to feel happy," I smiled.

"Even Granger was nice too, even though he's distant, I still could feel he's a good ma-wait, whoa! Oh God! Why am I thinking him all of a sudden?" I said as I pulled my hair out of frustration.

"At least earlier, he tried to be a little bit friendly even though he's not that type of man," I gazed up the dark sky which made me fascinated.

"But the weird thing is... He quickly grabbed my waist and hugged me from behind! And he even slid his finger on my shoulder!" I cupped my face as I sighed in embarrassment.

"And that painting, I left it inside the music room, I wonder who painted that." I sighed.

"Oh, Lesley! What has gotten into you today? Argh!" I said as I slapped my forehead.

I winced in pain as I hit something, "Ow, my head." I muttered.

What the hell was that?

I opened my eyes as I saw a *gulped* toned-chest wrapped in a bandage in front of my FACE! My eyes widen and I can feel my chest tight, breathing heavily.

As I slowly looked up, and to my surprise...

Oh, dear.

It's Granger!

"I heard you're talking about me, Miss Vance," I froze as he spoke.

My palms began to sweat as I hastily fixed my posture and looked at him nervously. While Granger, still giving me his cold stare.

"S-Sir, I-I'm sorry, you must be mistaken. I was thinking about w-what happened earlier. A-And I'm sorry for bumping into you," I said as I looked away.

"Hmmm, you mean you're thinking about how I grabbed you from behind and slid my finger on your shoulder? Why can't you just admit that you're really thinking about me? Do you even know how thoughtful you may sound?" Even though I can see half of his face, I can tell that he smirked!

I can't help but to feel embarrassed, and looked down. He's right after all, but I'm not letting myself lose to him!

"A-Are you mocking me?" I widen my eyes as I looked at him.

"I don't know, I didn't do anything." He said as he shrugged his shoulders and gave me the innocent look! It's obvious that he's mocking me. I never knew that he would talk to me like this.

"Still, never in my life someone like you would think about me," He added.

I felt like my heart exploded and I answered, "You know, everyone thinks about you,"

"Miss Vance, it's not like I'm unconscious to my surroundings, or should I say numb, I'm a human too..." And he went closer to my face, leveling his shoulders with mine, making me blush harder and gulped. His sharp, crimson eyes, pierced into mine and gave me a dark vibe. And good thing that it's dark right now.

"I chose to be like this, I enjoyed being alone, and it's enough for me even if I didn't socialize with anyone," He added. We were like on a staring contest, and since I'm Lesley Vance, I stared at him too without a hint of emotion from my eyes.

But my cheeks won't stop from blushing that made him blinked, and snorted with laughter!

What the hell was that?!

Granger? Him? Laughing? Am I dreaming?!

My heart fluttered and I can feel the butterflies in my tummy after seeing him laughed in front of me, no joke. His laugh was kinda mysterious, and a little bit... sexy. Even though I met him today.

"Okay, fine, fine. You win." He raised his arms in the air as if he's surrendering, shook his head and he chuckled.

"You look cute though, you keep on staring like it was nothing, but your face says the truth. I still can see you blushing even if it's dark right now," He said as he chuckled, I didn't mind him mocking me, anyway. Not to mention, his chuckle made me insane.

Lesley, you're out of your mind! Darn it!

I was about to look away when my gaze dropped to his hands...

He was holding an art material, some oil paints, thinner, a palette and brushes, I froze.

"I-It can't be," I mumbled, and to my surprise, he heard what I said just now! I looked at him, wide-eyed.

"It can't be what?" He asked, he didn't chuckled, nor laughed. He was back to his usual old self.

I can feel my heart beating faster, the sweat rolling down from my face, I feel so tensed, and it made me shiver, well... in a good way.

Argh! I can't take it anymore!

"There's somewhere I have to be, I gotta go. Goodbye," I hurriedly bid my goodbye, I heard him talk but I didn't hear him clearly, since I'm far from him.

As I distanced from him, I sighed in relief, "Phew! That was close." I need to go back inside the palace!

Now, all I need is to find Fanny.

And I can't believe that I slept at the garden, I feel embarrassed, sigh.

As I went inside the palace, there I saw Harith at the hallway, wearing a new outfit. I called him, "Harith, nice outfit you got there." I complimented. He turned to me and smiled.

"Thank you, Lesley. It's from Princess Silvanna, only the Lightborn defenders can wear this." He said and gave me a warm smile.

I remembered Harley, they both smile like this, and it's kinda heartwarming, "I miss Harley," I mumbled.

"By the way, I'm looking for Fanny, have you seen her?" I asked.

"I saw at the backstage, outside the palace. She was doing some kind of preparations," He said as he beamed.

"Can you take me to her? I just... slept at the garden a while ago." I whispered the last words which made him laughed, and... geez, I feel embarrassed.

"It's alright, it's nice to sleep at the garden," He smiled as he took my hand, he led the way as we went outside the palace.

There I saw a large stage, and Fanny was there too, she was testing the microphone.

"Hello, hello. Mic test. Fanny at the stage y'all! Fanny, Fanny, oh yeah!" I laughed silently while looking at Fanny who was testing the mic, goofing around the stage.

I tapped Harith's shoulder, and whispered, "Thanks, Harith." I smiled and gave him a hug.

"It's a pleasure to help you," He smiled and he hugged back, which I felt relieved and comfortable.

"You know, you remind me of Harley." I said as I tilted my head.

"Harley was more than just a sibling to me, he's like my son. Since I was the one taking care of him back then," I chuckled, and patted his head.

"I envy him sometimes, whenever we meet, he loves to talk about you, Harley's lucky for having a sister like you." His smile turned into a frown, then I hugged him again, tightly.

"Don't worry, I can be your sister too." I smiled and his frown was replaced by a beam, his teeth sparkles and it's kinda cute.

"Really?" He asked, and I nodded.

I almost choked when he hugged me tightly, "Thank you, Lesley. You're awesome," He said, as I felt his soft ears on my face, "You're welcome," I answered.

"I have to go, thank you, Harith." I said as he nodded with a smile, giving me a thumbs up.

Fanny went down to the stage, and-woah! She looks different right now, then I remembered what Harith said about the outfit gave by the princess. She's a part of Lightborn, no doubt.

"Fanny!" I called her as she looked at me wide-eyed.

"Oh, Lesley! You haven't changed your outfit?" She asked as she looked at me, from head to toe, and I shyly nodded.

Before I could say a word, she quickly dragged me inside the palace, we went to the second floor, and we walked across five rooms, and the last room... must be hers.

We stopped in front of the orange door, "Come, Lesley." She said as I walked inside her room.

"Oh, my God! Where have you been earlier?" She asked, and I scratched the back of my head.

"I slept at the garden, but I never knew that I slept in the garden for too long-"

"Yeah, I know. It's just like, I think I know who painted you," She cut me off and I widened my eyes.

Then I remembered Granger holding his art material. I looked down and gulped.

"Do you know who the painter is?" I asked and I acted like I know nothing then she grinned at me.

I have an idea who the painter was, but I wanted to hear from Fanny to see if my guess was right... Even though it's kinda obvious, I don't want to assume.

"Well, it would be odd and unbelievably true if I tell you. The painter knew that I was the first one to know, the painter told me not to tell this to everyone, especially you." She said with a menacing look.

"B-But why? I just wanted to thank the painter," I asked in confusion.

"The painter wanted to keep its identity," She said and she winked at me.

W-What if he's the one who painted me? Oh, no, no, no. Who am I kidding? I think I'm being delusional right now.

"Well, I was just kidding," She hysterically laughed, as I looked away, and my cheeks were flushing, argh!

"Okay," I muttered, so it means, Fanny has no idea who the painter was.

"And by the way, Lesley. I'm not letting you perform looking like this," She said as she pointed my outfit. She has a point somehow, they look like they're warriors with glam! While me, I look like I'm wearing some kind of a casual junk, I pouted.

She took a silver boots with high heels, for about four inches. And the boots were shiny and glittery!

"There will be many guests later, so I wanted you to wear something that you'll look presentable. I'm sure most of them wears a dress, or gowns, and you'll be wearing one too." She said as she went to her closet, and starts to find something for me to wear.

"Hmm, no... not this one. This one looks more like Queen Elizabeth. Nope, too big. Too small. Oh! Too revealing, I think this would be nice. This would fit you, Lesley. We kinda have the same body measurement, but you're more curvy than me." Fanny looked at me like she was about to do something devious, and she made a grin!

I looked at the sleeveless dress she had, it was sparkling white with full of gems on the upper part of the dress, and the lower part was covered with glitter, and-oh, hell no! The v-neck reaches down to the breasts, and the slit of the dress that reaches the hips.

"T-There's no way I'm g-gonna wear that!" I exclaimed.

Then Fanny rolled her eyes, "You have to. The Paxley and the Baroque family will attend too. I bet you don't want to get wrecked by the Baroque princess," My ears rang as I heard the two royal surnames which made me shiver down to my spine.

"The Paxley and the Baroque family will attend too."

I froze and stared at her, Fanny's mid-sentence slowly sinks into my mind, that made me shocked.

"Do you want to prove to them that you're stronger than before?" Paxley and Baroque, huh.

I want to, I really, really, wanted to prove. I really want to make him regret for cheating on me.

I looked at her, still in a state of shock, "I do," I gave her a smile. "I want revenge," I added as I looked outside the window.

"I wanted to make him feel the pain that he caused me, and I want him to know that I'm better than before. And I want to see him suffer. And they'll be the ones who will get wrecked!" I yelled out of anger and confidence filled my body. Fanny patted my head with a wide smile.

"That's the spirit, Lesley! Here's the dress. I'll wait outside my room, and knock on the door if you're done, okay?" She said, and the handed me the dress and went outside her room.

"There's no turning back, Lesley. There's no turning back." I mumbled to myself as I started to change my clothes.

As I wore the dress, she was right. It suits me, but I feel uneasy because the dress she gave me was too revealing!

I glanced at the mirror, looking at the dress I wore. Well, it revealed my chest... and the tightness of the upper part of the dress gave emphasize to my chest, and the slit on my left thigh made me feel uncomfortable.

"On second thought, I-I don't think I can do this," I mumbled and I shook my head.

"No, no, no. You can do this, Lesley. Put yourself together, it's only for tonight."

I knocked on the door, and Fanny came in. "Lesley, there's something I want to give you." She said as she went to her bed, kneeled on the floor and took something underneath it.

Two white pistols.

"Do you know how to use this? I know that you preferred using rifle. But I know something's bad gonna happen. You'll be needing it, I'm sure of this."
She said as she lend me the pistols.

She was right, in case if my rifle was thrown off and too far to reach, or if I left it somewhere. My rifle was kinda heavy, and the pistols were light so it would be easy to use. "Well, I'll try my best," That's all I could say.

"Of course you can, and here... once you ran out of bullet, take this." She said as she handed me four magazines!

"It's not just a simple bullet inside the pistol, there's a magic every bullet you shot, Silvanna made an experiment and it worked. We tried it on a demon, Granger tested it out for us, he shot the demon right through his heart, and the demon grew weak and the darkness that lies beyond the demon, faded. And that demon turned into a normal person." I gasped, so it means I'm not gonna waste the bullets. I'll be using it for greater purposes.

"Then, I'll use the pistols wisely." I said as I glanced at the shining, white pistols.

Fanny went to her closet, "Here, wear this." She gave me a small, white belt bag, and a holster, but a different one. "W-What kind of holster is this?" I asked in confusion.

"It's a drop leg holster, wear this on your right thigh." Then she pointed out my right thigh, this is where you put your pistols, and a fun thing. You can put two pistols on it!

I wore the drop leg holster, and inserted the pistols, side by side. I wore the belt bag, and inserted four magazines in it, I took my grenade from my old belt bag and transferred it to the other belt bag that Fanny gave me. I sat beside her bed, and wear the shiny boots.

As I stood up from the ground, I almost lose my balance, I was used to a heels with two and a half inches high, but not this one.

I took a deep breath, I'll get used to it.

Fanny looked at my hair, "Well, I need to fix your hair," I looked at her with surprise.

"H-Hey, you're not g-gonna touch my hair, aren't y-you?" I stammered as I hid my hair behind my back.

"Come on, Lesley. This for the Lightborn's anniversary, and this is for that damn Paxley and Baroque! So please! Trust me with this," She pleaded.

Since I trust her, "Fine, do anything what you want," I said and I pouted, she beamed at me, and took some kind of hair curlers and accessories inside her drawer.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Fanny smirked.

And then, I undo the braid and let my hair down, she proceed by putting some hair curlers on my hair. And after she curled my hair, it became wavy. She put some accessories on my hair, a hairpin, and a flower clip that sparkles.

I also let her do the makeup too, she put some eyeshadows on my eyes, and mostly all the colors that she used are different shades of nude colors, then she put a lipstick which I knew the shade was dusty red.

"There, all finished," She said as she let me stood up and face the mirror.

My jaw dropped, "Wow, I almost didn't recognize myself, I looked surprisingly natural," I mumbled.

"Naturally beautiful," Said Fanny with a grin.

I looked at Fanny with a glint in my eyes, and smiled, "Thank you Fanny for your help!" I said as I gave her a hug, she smiled and hugged back.

"Anything for you, Lesley. And I'm so thankful of knowing you," She sweetly said.

"So do I," I said, as I break free from her grasp.

I'm ready, ready to face what will happen tonight, I didn't expect that he will come too.

I smiled and chuckled, it's payback time.

Then, I remembered Granger all of a sudden, "I wonder what he looks when he dressed up just like you, guys." I muttered but Fanny heard what I was muttering about. Sigh, how unfortunate.

She grinned and answered, "You'll be going nuts when you see him, hehe."

I looked at her wide-eyed, as Fanny hastily ran away. Seconds passed I realized what happened just now, as I ran away from her room too, now chasing her.

"FANNY! GET BACK HERE!" I yelled like and idiot while chasing her, while Fanny let out a hysterical laugh!

Argh! You'll pay Fanny, you'll see!

-

Hello! Good evening y'all! How are you today? Keep safe always, and let us all pray that the COVID-19 Pandemic will be over soon.

The next chapter will be a major nosebleed so ready your tissues MWAHAHAHAHA!

Lots of love! :)

-Rhealyne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...