Dead and Not Buried

By makeandoffer

Leah Preston was a normal 17 year old girl, until she wakes up and finds herself staring at her own lifeless... More

Dead and Not Buried
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The day i died.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- My lifeless body.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Misleading text messages.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'Nothing about me is pea sized'
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The boyfriend.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'You don't have to touch me'
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Feeling my presence.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Little white lies?
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Haunted Cafeteria.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Naked arguments.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The night it changed.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The morning after
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Invasion of privacy
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Laughing fits.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The ride home.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Psychic Ruth.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Talking it through.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Not playing fair.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The best friend.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- A slut, or a murdering hoe?
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Didn't know she had it in her.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Pool parties and the killer.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Denial.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Getting the plan together.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Slip of the tongue confessions.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Oakley Lake.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Watching my death.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk-To pull this off, you need to be crazy..
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Under questioning.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Final Goodbyes.
I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- The Light (FINAL CHAPTER)

I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Parties, Ghosts & Ex-Lax.

560K 21.3K 8.5K
By makeandoffer

The next thing I knew, my head started to spin, and my surroundings were becoming blurry and distant. I gasped with shock, and to be honest the force in which I was pulled back knocked most of the air out of me. It was like I was getting sucked through a big tube, and I was suddenly in a house, surrounded by 100s of other people and music blaring all around me.

Like when I first ended up in the field, I was breathing heavily, and I leaned against the wall behind me to stop myself from collapsing.

What the hell was happening to me?

I looked around and took in where I was. It was Tyler’s house; I had been here before with Eve. I was in his living room at the minute, barely able to see anything due to the swarming amount of people dancing and drinking all their dignity away. I was in the corner of the room, still finding it difficult to catch my breath.

“What the hell is wrong with you people?!” I yelled, looking at thekids that I went to high school with, completely ignoring the fact that I was having some sort of seizure “None of you are going to help me?! You selfish bastards!”

The screaming just made me more breathless. Still people carried on with that they were doing, completely ignoring my screams.

Then I saw a group of people in front of me, clearly drunk as the guys kept pushing each other and saying ‘dude’ way too often. The tall blonde boy shoved his rather large friend violently, and by large I mean fat. This kid had clearly never heard of willpower, he was HUGEE!

Anyway, he shoved the ball of lard directly in my direction. My eyes widened as I realised I was about to be crushed by shamu, and I sucked in a breath preparing to feel the impact.

But that never happened.

What did happen is the fat kid came toppling towards me, and instead of flattening my body like a pancake against the wall, he went straight through me and smacked the wall that I was stood in front of. After he composed himself from giggling, he walked back over to his friends who then walked off to get a little more intoxicated that they already were.

They didn’t even know I was there. That boy should have crushed me, he went straight through my body, and probably shattered the foundations of Tyler’s house as he made contact with the wall, but that weren’t the point.

My mouth hung open like I was trying to catch flies.

Then the sudden realisation of what was happening to me hit like a golf club to the head.

I was dead.

I was a ghost.

JARED POV

“Dude if you carry on at this rate you will get AIDS” Max laughed as he leaned against the counter, taking another swig of his beer.

“Don’t you worry, I'm not a fool I wrap my tool” I responded, also drinking my beer and turning my head away from Max. We were in the kitchen, talking about the girl who I’d just finished with upstairs. I could not even remember her name, to be fair I could barely remember what we actually did upstairs and that only happened around half an hour ago. She really didn’t make an impression.

I was looking out of the kitchen door, at the room of people who were dancing and making complete and utter dicks of themselves. Tyler done well again, this was a decent party, not even an hour in and I’d already managed to rob some poor girl of her dignity.

As I was looking at the swarm of drunken people, I noticed a familiar figure stumbling towards the stairs, using the banister to keep her balanced. I smirked. She was drunk, what a perfect time to piss her off.

That girl amuses me way more than she should.

“Il catch up with you in a bit” I said over my shoulder, to whoever was there. I made my way upstairs, avoiding the people sprawled out on the steps basically grinding on each other. As I reached the top I saw her walk into one of the bathrooms, leaving the door ajar.

Bathroom my ass, this room was probably bigger than my living room. Tyler and his ridiculous amount of money. I saw her slumped on the floor next to the toilet. I walked in, closing the door behind me. She shot her head up and stared at me, waiting for something to happen.

That was weird; normally there would be a hateful remark from her by now.

“Preston, I'm genuinely surprised your here. You know, you really should not drink if you’re too much of a little girl to handle it” I grinned, staring at her on the floor. As I talked to her, her eyes widened in shock, she was surprised.

“Y-You can see me?” she stuttered, her eyes still popping out of her skull. I furred my eyebrows, trying to hide my amused smile. Bless her drunken soul.

“Oh no, Leah where are you? Leah you’ve disappeared, SHOW YOURSELF!” I mused, she still didn’t swear at me or hit me, she just kept staring with that surprised look on her face “Of course I can see you, you idiot” I scoffed.

What the hell was wrong with her? there’s being drunk then there’s being plain crazy.

“How?” she choked out.

“With these things I call eyes, their purpose it to allow you to see the world around you, we were all blessed with them.” I replied sarcastically.

She pushed herself to her feet. I don’t know why, but my automatic reaction was to walk over and help her up. As I went to put my hand on her, she quickly jumped back, slamming against the wall behind her.

Whoa, why did that actually hurt?

“You can’t touch me” she said, still pressed up against the wall. I scowled.

“Has Seth banned you from all human contact that doesn’t involve his penis?”

“No you don’t get it, you can’t touch me. No one can they just go straight through me, no-one apart from you can see me!” she half yelled.

I scoffed “That’s no different from a normal day, you’re a freak Leah, no-one wants to see you. And now you’re a drunk freak talking bullsh*t”

“I’M NOT DRUNK JARED, I'm DEAD!” she screamed, taking one step closer towards me.

I looked at her like she had 3 heads. Holy hell I slept with someone with mental problems.

Brain dead...” I mumbled. Her eyes glazed over in fury, and I braced myself for the screaming.

“I'm DEAD YOU DICK! Croaked, kicked the bucket, bit the dust. I CEAST TO LIVE! Is that clear enough for you moron?!”

“You seem pretty alive to me, still the same pain in the ass...” I trailed off, still finding this quite amusing.

She let out a scream of frustration, and ran a hand through her long, glossy black hair. My eyes wondered to her body. She may be a crazy drunk chick right now, but she was hot. Probably hotter than the majority of girls I've slept with, if not all of them.

“Oh you are kidding me. I tell you I'm dead and you eyes are wondering like a sweaty pervert?” she hissed. I smirked.

“Believe me sweetheart, my perving eyes are the only normal things that has taken place in the last 10 minutes of this conversation.” I laughed, still taking this whole thing as a joke. The girl was either stoned or extremely drunk. Or knowing her, both.

The door flew open, making Leah jump a little. It was a confused looking Max looking around the room, then looking at me.

“Is everything okay Jared?” he asked, still the same look of confusion on his face.

“Yeah, I'm just fighting a demon right now” I laughed, referring to Leah. He still didn’t take his eyes off me; it was like he hadn’t even notice Leah in the room.

Then I saw his confused face turn into one of realisation, like he had just figured something out.

“Ohhh I get it, you did eat them enchiladas earlier.” He said, with an amused look on his face. What the hell was he going on about?

“Huh?” I asked, noticing Leah from the corner of my eye still standing perfectly still.

“Don’t worry dude, I'm sure there’s something in the cabinet to help you get the ‘demon’ out” he laughed, quoting with his fingers as he said the word demon.

I was still confused has hell as to what was happening, so what happened next sent my mind into overdrive.

Max walked into bathroom, and made his way towards the cabinet, which was behind Leah. He still hadn’t seemed like he acknowledged her being here, and instead of dodging her and walking around her, he walked straight ahead and straight through Leah.

My jaw was basically on the floor by now. I was staring at Leah, everything she had previously said all coming together in my head, and making sense.

I still had the same expression on my face as Max found whatever he was looking for in the cabinet, turned to me and handed me a box of pills.

“There you go that should clean you right out” he grinned, trying not to laugh. I didn’t say anything, and watched him as he walked back out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him and saying something along the lines of ‘I hope there’s enough toilet paper.’

I looked down at the box in my hands.

Ex-lax.

“Max may think you’ve got a blockage in the pipes” I shot my head up to Leah, who was stood there attempting to hide a smile.

“He walked through you.” I simply stated, unable to show the emotion I was feeling, probably because it would involve me yelling in shock and Max thinking the pills worked and I shat out a kidney.

Her smile disappeared.

“This is what I'm trying to tell you Mercedes, I'm dead. No-one in this entire house can see me, except you.” She informed me. “Anyone who seems to touch me, just goes straight through me. I'm a freaking ghost.”

Her words processed in my mind, and for a split second, I thought I was dreaming. I literally pinched my arm, looked around the room and when I didn’t wake up, realised it was real.

I could still hear the music and the loud voices coming from the party downstairs, and the sounds of people screwing in the rooms next to us. But I couldn’t take any proper notice of them. I just stood there, unable to move or speak. I must have been like that for a pretty long time because I heard her huff in annoyance.

“Right Mercedes I'm bored of watching you not say anything, so go find the cat, kill him and get your tongue back because unfortunately for me, and for you, you’re the only person who can see me, therefore your the only person who can help me.” she said, with her arms crossed over her chest.

Then she disappeared. Right in front of my face, she just disappeared.

I take back what I said about this being a decent party.

 A night that involves ex-lax and the ghost of the girl who gets under your skin like a flesh eating virus can never be classed as decent.

---

hope you like it! please comment and vote, let me know what you think of it so far!

thanks for reading you stars :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 104 17
Hazel Williams was a typical 17 year old girl. She lived in a town, just outside of Toronto with her family. She had a great life, a boyfriend, a bes...
Iridescent By Ren

Mystery / Thriller

13.5K 1.9K 59
New school, new town, new friends, and a killer on the loose. * * * * Lea Winters was never the popular girl that everyone liked. Having a knack for...
1.6M 67.1K 36
Death should be calm, death should be peaceful, death should happen when you're old, but death doesn't ask for an age and death doesn't care who you...
4K 212 19
Sixteen year old Jaydin moves with his family from Gothenburg to Stockholm. He's not happy about that, and his parents won't even tell him why they'r...