Epiphany

Від KelisAjanee

Trials and hardships are nothing new to Tiana, she's taken them on her entire life. Living in survival mode h... Більше

SUMMARY
CREDITS
EP:1
EP:2
EP:3
EP:4
EP:5
EP:6
EP:7
EP:8
EP:9
EP:10
EP:11
EP:12
EP:13
EP:14
Author's Note
EP:15
EP:16
EP:17
EP:18
EP:19
EP:20
Author's Note 2
EP:21
EP:22
EP:23
Story Schedule
EP:24
EP:25
EP:26
EP:27
EP:29
Author's Note 3
EP:30
EP:31
EP:32
EP:33
EP:34
EP:35
EP:36
EP:37
EP:38
EP:39
Author's Note 4
EP:40
EP:41
EP:42
EP:43
EP:44
EP:45
EP:46
EP:47
EP:48
EP:49
EP:50
CLOSING
Author's Note 5
New Book Announcement!
Novel Improvements
Exciting News

EP:28

1.2K 124 50
Від KelisAjanee

Chapter 28

Tiana's Perspective

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."-Unknown

•••••

"I don't feel cute," I said staring into the mirror as Owen tied up his white forces sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Well, you are so let's go." He got up off the bed walking over to his closet after planting a quick slap to the palm of my ass.

"Ouch"

He chuckled leaving out of the room.

    Tonight Owen was taking me to this bar that hosted an open mic every Friday night, tonight's theme was poetry. Since he and I both loved to read and found poetry relaxing we figured it was another thing we could connect on. The only problem was that my period had decided to show up on the day of, which was upsetting me because I really wanted to dress up and look extra cute for him without any disruptions, such as cramps or dumb cravings and mood swings. I slipped an earring into my ear before finger-combing my hair. I had cut my hair into a bob since summertime was near and I didn't need long hair down my neck and back irritating me.

Owen came back into the room brushing his chin hairs as I adjusted my pumps.

"Do you like my hair?"

As much as I hated to admit it his opinion mattered to me, a lot recently.

"Baby I already told you how good you look." He stepped closer to me putting one hand on my waist kissing me on the cheek.

"You're just saying that because you're ready to go."

"Part of that could be true but we gon be late if you don't hurry up."

I rolled my eyes grabbing my purse off of his bed strutting out of the room in my heels.

     We had been spending quite a lot of time together. Most of the time after work I'd drive over to his place or ride to his apartment with him if we worked the same shift. It allowed for our bond to continue to grow mentally, plus there were so many things I was learning about him as a man. His likes, dislikes, pet peeves. Ally was sad that I rarely spent as much time with her anymore, but she outgrew that phase hanging out with Kenny much more than often. Nobody knew about their little fling except for me, it was kind of funny.

"You got my phone?" Owen asked as we walked outside to his truck.

"Yea," I reached inside my purse handing it to him.

We got inside the truck heading to the downtown bar. When we arrived the place was packed, which was pretty usual for a Friday night.

Owen and I sat at the bar as the poetry session had already started.

"What you want to drink Tia?"

I couldn't take my eyes off of the person reciting poetry before us. He was so engaging and focused on his emotions along with the story he was telling.

"Damn you gon stare at that nigga all night or what?" Owen fanned a menu in my face.

I turned around looking at him smiling rolling my eyes.

"It's not even like that and you know it. He's just very...poetic."

"He aight," he looked back down at the menu ignoring me.

"Owen baby, green is not a good color on you." I poked his cheek laughing.

"Ain't nobody jealous, he can't make you weak in the knees like I do."

"Oop"

We both laughed as I looked back down at the menu scanning it once again.

"I just want a strawberry Daiquiri," I said putting my menu down.

"Trynna get fucked up tonight?"

"Off of a Daiquiri? Boy, it's gon take way more than that."

He shot up his hand for the bartender's attention.

"What can I get for you two?" The man asked walking up to us.

"Lemme get a strawberry daiquiri and a shot of quavo."

The bartender went back over to his station after taking our order.

"I think they serve food here too if you hungry."

"I'm good for right now."

I focused back on the poetry resting my elbow on the counter as other people came up to speak. Owen paid attention as well.

"This some deep shit," Owen said listening to a girl speak about how her father had done her wrong in various ways.

We had been at the bar for a good minute sipping on our alcoholic beverages and listening.

"I can relate to that on so many levels." I moved my straw around in the drink agreeing along with the girl speaking.

"You ain't never really told me much about yo folks." Owen laid back in his chair looking at me with low eyes. He was definitely buzzed after a shot of Quavo and a cup of Hennessy.

"Not too much to tell." I focused back on the poetry as he nodded.

We spent about a good two hours there before deciding to leave.

"You want anything to go?" Owen asked pulling out his wallet.

"Yeah, I just want some cheese quesadillas Faith told me they were the bomb," I said grabbing my purse off of the edge of the chair I sat in.

"Aight I'll eat somethin' at home."

"You never eat when we go out."

"I'm picky," he shrugged.

    We decided to walk along the sidewalks and make conversation after getting our food and locking it up in the truck. I wore Owen's jacket around my petite shoulders walking in heels next to him as we held hands enjoying the scenery.

"What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?" I asked giggling.

"Ah shit, it's so much I don't know." I shook my head, this clown.

"Oh, one time I locked myself out of my house in middle school. I left the damn key in my bedroom that morning before gettin' on the bus. My stupid ass thought breaking a back window with a rock was a good idea to get in. It worked too."

I covered my hands with my mouth, "Did you get caught for breaking the window?"

"Yeah, life's so fuckin funny I got caught up a few weeks after everything had happened because my pops found a rattlesnake in the house from the back window that was busted."

I laughed taking in everything he had said.

"Yeah, that really was some dumb shit." I held on to his large hand tighter basking in its warmth.

"What about you?"

I couldn't really think of anything. I had always been good and logical. Stupid and spur of the moment ideas rarely consumed me besides moving to a whole new city out of nowhere. Except for that one night, one night I decided to throw caution to the wind. I hadn't shared this information with anyone, not even Angie, but for some reason, I trusted Owen enough to tell him. He'd be free of judgment and he had been so open with me about everything in his life these past few months. Why couldn't I do the same? I took a deep breath before exposing myself, after all, I did bring up the question.

"Well one night during my college days, this girl that I was cool with had persuaded me to come to her dorm room with some other friends of hers and hang out. It was a Friday night and we were bored."

He looked at me with interest.

"What's wrong with that?"

"We ended up getting shitty drunk off a horrible bottom-shelf liquor."

"Okay"

"I'm not finished," I said cutting him off slapping his wrist.

"Long story short we played a game of Truth or Dare and I ended up giving a lap dance to the girl that I was cool with and her best friend in nothing but my bra and panties. It's a night I still regret to this day."

I exhaled the air I had been holding in for such a long time. He looked at me with a blank face as we walked in silence.

"Useful information," he smirked chuckling a little bit.

"You can't tell anyone, you're the first person I've ever even told this too."

"I didn't know you went both ways." He joked.

"Shut up it's not funny."

"Relax Tia it's not that big of a deal."

I punched him in the shoulder as he continued laughing at my embarrassment.

"I hate you sometimes." I crossed my arms walking ahead of him as he caught up to me.

"Tia I'm playin' it's cool you know I won't tell nobody."

"You promise?"

"Yeah baby I promise, but I will keep the image in my head." He kissed the back of my hand holding it in his making my cheeks heat up.

A building in the distance caught my attention as Owen continued staring at me.

"Look a record store!" I rushed out.

"So"

"So? I love records I used to collect them. Cmon let's go inside."

"Tia they're probably closed it's almost eleven."

"Lets at least see." I continued walking ahead of him holding his big jacket over my shoulders.

     He followed along mumbling incoherent words. We got in front of the record store. A few lights were still on as an older Caucasian woman walked around dusting off the records. There was a sign lit up on the door saying 'open' I walked in with Owen right on my tail.

The elderly lady looked up surprised by the noise of the door opening.

"Are you all about to close?" I asked.

"In about an hour we close at midnight."

"Oh okay well is it okay if we look around for a bit?"

"Sure sweetheart, but if you're buying anything just remember I have to pull my register twenty minutes before closing."

"Okay thanks"

She walked off heading into a back room as I looked around touching and glancing at the various records.

"You know you can pull up this same stuff on YouTube?" Owen stated distracting me.

"It doesn't sound the same, nothing beats the sound of an actual record."

"If you say so."

"Come here," I grabbed his hand pulling him over to a big record player with me.

"What you doin' Tia?"

I ignored him picking up a record that struck my interest.

"Prince, you can never go wrong with Prince." I picked up a Prince record taking it out the cover to place on the displayed record player.

"Tia, you trynna get us kicked out the store, what if these folks hear the music playing?"

     I shushed him starting to play the record lowly. Suddenly one of my favorite Prince songs of all time came on. I felt at peace sinking my ears lower to the record player as Owen watched me. I closed my eyes taking in nothing but the music.

'You must be the most beautiful girl in the world.'

'It's plain to see you're the reason why God made a girl.'

    I hummed along as a natural smile appeared on my face. Owen leaned down with me chuckling. I grabbed his handsome face looking into his eyes singing to him while we bent down closer to the record player enjoying the tune.

"What you know bout this lil girl?" Owen asked pulling a loose string of hair behind my ear.

"Shutup you're only four years older than me."

He shook his head. I stood back up turning the record player up a tad bit.

"Let's dance," I whispered smiling.

"What? No, you really trynna get thrown out now."

"Cmon it'll be fun."

     I took off my heels gently wrapping my arms around Owen's tall frame. I stood on my tippy toes looking at nothing but him starting to sway my hips. Another Prince classic came on as I twirled myself around his figure. He finally gave in putting his strong hands on my waist moving me side to side.

"You so silly you know that?" He asked spinning me around.

"You love it though."

"That I do."

     We danced in silence with nothing but the low record playing. I felt as if I was in another world, a peaceful world. It was a feeling I hadn't felt since before my mother had passed. The old tune 'Nothing Compares' played while I giggled at Owen attempting to pick me up and spin me around.

'I go out every night and sleep all day.'

'Since you took your love away.'

"You're actually a really good dancer," I said stepping back and forth with Owen.

"I'm decent. You're pretty good yourself."

"My sister taught me. We'd waltz around the living room in our princess dresses playing husband and wife. Our bond was so strong back then." I laughed thinking back to those days.

"That's cute."

"I learned the night before prom wanted to impress my date." I laughed as he picked me up swinging me around a little almost hitting a shelf of records in the process. It caught me off guard as I yelped in his firm arms.

When he put me back on the floor I was mesmerized and lost in his beautiful brown orbs.

"You're a good man Owen," I said out of nowhere.

"Takes a great woman to bring it out of me."

     Those words cut deep. Those words made me feel more than worthy. Those words meant more to me than any simple compliment such as 'beautiful' or 'gorgeous' ever could. He couldn't take his eyes off of mine as his grip loosened on my hand.

     His hand dropped from my mine clutching onto my small waist. I zoned out pausing wondering if what was taking place was real. His face inched closer towards mine as he tilted his chin giving me a soft sweet peck slowly pulling back sucking on my bottom lip. It was simple yet far from innocent, but I craved more.

He whispered a small, "come here," and took control over my lips all in one motion.

     I froze yet melted at the same time. The kiss started off slow and peaceful full of compassion and gentleness. I got used to the feel of his plump lips starting to move my lips in the same motion as best as I could. Suddenly the kiss became raw and needy. He kissed me with so much passion and authority as if he was claiming me as his. I couldn't take it, I never knew a kiss could feel this damn good. I fought back the urge to moan, but it slipped out anyway causing him to lowly groan back before inserting his tongue into my mouth.

     We were molding one another inside of a record store, but neither one of us cared. He held onto my waist with a tight grip pulling me closer and closer to him. He played with my tongue introducing me to new forms of pleasure. At that moment my body became his and so did my soul, all because of a soul snatching kiss that left me out of balance.

     In the midst of holding the back of his head as he practically ate me alive, I heard the sound of a gasp from across the room. I pulled back away from Owen as he let out a harsh groan fixing his shirt. I pulled down my dress that had rose as Owen cleared his throat trying his hardest not to watch me. The cashier looked at us in shock as I tried apologizing.

"No no it's fine, it's just that we're closing in twenty minutes." She said looking back and forth between us.

Time had slipped by within the blink of an eye.

"Right sorry," I grabbed my heels and Owen's jacket off of the floor as he turned off the record player.

     We rushed out of the record store in a hurry avoiding continuous questions from the lady about purchasing a record. After making it a block down from the record store we started laughing at the same time.

     This was the most fun I'd had in so long. Never had I'd done something so spontaneous and wild. If we hadn't stopped kissing there could have been a charge of public indecency out on us. A kiss like that made me happy I had waited so long for my first kiss. It was perfect and totally worth the while. I looked over at Owen as he continued laughing. Damn if he could kiss like that, what else was he good at doing with his mouth?

28
KelisAjanee
All Rights Reserved

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Tears of a Clown Від Kee_DaGreat

Сучасна проза

174K 13.7K 45
Is it possible to love when you've never been loved? How do you know the feeling? How can you differentiate between love and hate when the person tha...
ᴍʀ.wrongꨄ Від ✰

Романтика

486K 10.8K 45
ɪ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ⵊ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ɪᴛఌ ᴍs.ɢʟᴏᴄᴋ's ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs #2
45.9K 1.9K 35
Years after Heaven's death, her daughter is now a junior in high school and the splitting image of her. It's Kamora's world everyone is just living i...
Exposure Від Kelis Ajanee

Сучасна проза

30.6K 2.6K 60
A new life in a new city has its challenges but adding on a steamy relationship, strong friendships, and a newfound persona brews up a world wind of...