The Bet (Completed)

By Honesty577

When Jason and Darrelle make a bet involving Darrell's dating life, he thought it would be easy since women w... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Question(?)
BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏿‼️
END SARS✊🏿‼️
#HELPCONGO✊🏿‼️
RIPTIDE
HONDURAS#VIOLENCEAGAINSTWOMEN
WOMEN#STOPVIOLENCEAGAINSTWOMEN
NB!!!

37

15.4K 928 229
By Honesty577

One month later
Darrelle's POV
We had just returned from our doctor's appointment and Nia was officially in her second trimester, which made me happy and scared at the same time.

Nia was currently upstairs on a three way call with both our mothers, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Nia walking down stairs, in a pair of my black joggers, one of my white t-shirts and matching black socks her curls falling around her.

I placed her pancakes on the counter facing a stool and my egg sandwich beside it as she sat down.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," she replied

"Milk?"

"Grape juice," she replied and I smiled turning my back to her opening the fridge filling two glasses up before putting it back. I turned around completely shocked by the sight before me.

"Are you eating eggs?" I asked as she took another bite of my sandwich.

"I've been craving it," she mumbled cringing and I chuckled moving around the island placing down the glasses before sitting.

"Do you want the pancakes?" I asked and she nodded saying yes before taking another bite of the sandwich.

"So what am I going to eat?" I asked amused and she smiled spreading her legs slightly, I chuckled moving over to chair I began to move down when she pressed her hand against my chest stopping me.

"I'm joking," she replied laughing and I stood up, sitting back down.

"Can I have another?" She asked motioning to the egg sandwich and I stood up moving over to the stove, making enough for two sandwiches. I moved back over to her placing the plate down grabbing mine taking a bite as she finished her bacon.

"I'm fat," she mumbled frowning and I laughed putting down my sandwich pulling my stool closer to hers.

"You're beautiful," I said as she took a sip of her juice. She reached for the egg sandwich taking a bite.

"If you think this is beautiful you have a fucked up perception of beauty," she replied before taking another bite, I smiled sipping my juice.

"No matter what perception I see you from, you will always be beautiful" I said and she smiled rolling her eyes.

"You're so annoying," she whispered and I smiled pecking her lips, moving to her belly doing the same.

"I can't wait to meet my little girl,"

"How are you so sure it's a girl?" She asked amused.

"I just know,"
.
.
.
.
Four months later
I opened the door scanning the living room to find it empty, Nia was six months pregnant and I couldn't be happier. She also started painting more since she was on maternity leave, and the art gallery was up and running which I expected since she couldn't leave without working in someway or another.

She is also anonymous, and she has sold ten paintings this week only and it was only Tuesday. I pulled opened our bedroom door to see her outside on the balcony sitting on the longue chair her hair in a bun, and as usual wearing my clothes. I closed the door and she looked towards me.

I pulled off my jacket throwing it on the bed as well as my tie before making my way outside.

"Hey babygirl," I greeted sliding the door closed and she sat up, as I kissed her forehead.

"I'm bored D," she mumbled as I pulled away and I moved down pecking her lips bending before her.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked and she smiled.

"I want work from ho-"

"Nia no,"

"I can't sit and do nothing all day,"

"Why don't you paint?"

"I'm uninspired," she mumbled and I smiled running my hands up her thighs kissing her belly.

"Well, I've got a surprise for you," I said looking up at her.

"You know I don't like surprises," she groaned out and I chuckled standing up.

"You need to change, I can see your nipples through the top," I said sliding the door open.

"I thought you loved seeing my nipple Mr Williams," she replied amused as I closed the door leading her into our closet.

"I do believe me, but we're leaving the house,"

"So the surprise is outside?" She asked and I nodded watching as she searched for something to wear.

"Yes," I replied realizing she couldn't see me since her back was turned to me.

"D can't you just tell me?" She whined and I chuckled watching as she walked over to my side of the closet.

"I can't even fit those," she groaned and I laughed.

"I told you we should've bought maternity clothes but you didn't want to," I reminded her

"Can I be pissed without your comments?" She asked and I moved behind her slapping her ass.

"Stop doing that, it hurts," she said laughing and did once more resulting in her elbow meeting my side.

"My daughter is seeing your constant abuse," I whispered in her ear and she laughed pulling away.

"How do you even know it's a girl?"

"I told you, I just do, I'm having a little baby girl," I replied and she smiled pulling the white t-shirt over her head. She turned her back to me as my eyes ran over her making me smile.

"So I'm not allowed to look?" I asked

"Well not infront of our child," she replied making me laugh as she pulled on her bra, putting on one of my black v-neck t-shirts, replacing my jersey shorts with a grey joggers keeping on her black socks.

"Fancy," I joked and she rolled her eyes playfully.
.
.
.
.
"Open your eyes," I said and she laughed.

"I'm seriously tired of hearing those words" She commented and I chuckled.

"Get use to them," I said as I turned facing the gate pressing the button in the car.

"Where are we?" She asked as the gate started to open.

"We're five minutes away from the city," I replied.

"Stop being smart," she said as I drove up the driveway closing the gate behind us.

"Remember the late nights I was taking for the last eight months?" I asked and she nodded taking in our surroundings.

"Well I was designing and getting this built," I said and she looked over to me.

"For which client?" She asked as I parked the car outside of the house.

"For us," I said and she looked over to me clearly not believing me, she laughed.

"D stop playing with me," she said taking off her seatbelt.

"I'm not, I got help from Dream, your mother and Trish, I originally-"

"Why do you keep doing this to me?" She asked leaning back in her seat looking forward making me laugh.

"Because I love you Nia," I replied smiling and I heard the sound of a car pulling up behind us.

"That must be our family, I flew your grandma and your cousins in so-" I started but stopped when I saw her playing with her fingers, letting me know she was overwhelmed. I got out, moving to her side opening the door helping her out closing it behind her. She moved into me burying her head into my chest her hands around my torso.

"I really don't want my family to see me crying right now," she whispered into my chest and I chuckled kissing her forehead as I felt her tears wetting my shirt.

"I love you," she whispered pulling away her hands sliding down my chest.

"Our shirt is wet," she said and I looked down at my chest.

"Our shirt?" I asked and she nodded making me laugh.

"Come on," I said wipping her tears leading her to over to her family.

"This is even more beautiful than the pictures," Trish said the moment we emerged from behind the car and we quickly greeted everyone.

"Dream and I will show everyone around and you guys can do you," Trish said sending me a reassuring smile walking off with our family, as nervousness took me over.

"I think Trish is warming up to me," I said and Nia laughed walking over to me, pecking my lips.

"No more surprises please," she mumbled her head against my chest.

"How about one more?" I asked softly pulling away from her, kneeling on one knee.

"Darrelle Please get up," she said and I chuckled.

"Nia...I don't even know how to express how much you mean to me, but I'm going devote my life trying to show you..I wanna spend all days and nights next to you, I wanna be able to sit and tell our daughter how much of woman her mother is. I wanna spend my days appreciating everything about you, Nia I need you in my life and I...I love you," I said reaching into my pants pocket to come up empty.

"Shit," I mumbled

"What?" She asked smiling tears running down her cheek.

"Trish has the ring," I replied and she laughed.

"You're really bad at this," she said amused and I laughed.

"It's my first time," I said standing up to see Trish walking towards us, she handed me the ring amused before walking away.

"Okay let's do this again," I said getting ready to kneel down once again making her laugh.

"Nia Akilah Graham, will you make me the happiest man in the universe and marry me?" I asked and she smiled nodding.

"Yes I'll marry you," she replied as I stood up pulling her into a hug a tear falling from my eye as I kissed her forehead.

"I imagined the proposal a lot different in my head," I mumbled and she laughed.

"I loved it," she replied kissing my chest and I looked up to see our family looking down at us from the balcony.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 4.2K 6
Butterfly gets her heartbroken but finds romance again, with Isaiah who lives on the wrong side of the tracks. --- Twenty-three years old, Butterfly...
102K 3.3K 22
" vicious. " I whisper, he smirks and looks at me , " hello princess , long time no see." as he says that he gets out of his seat and walks towards...
5.9K 397 24
"Nia." Her name softly fell from his lips and she soaked in his sweet breath like a pancake to syrup. Her eyes were low and she was watching his ches...
140K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...