Coached ➳ l.p [au]

By gymnasliam

[COMPLETED] She used to be overweight, on the verge of diabetes, and she knew it too. What made her change he... More

Coached intro
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12: part one
chapter 12: part two
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17: part one
chapter 17: part two
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23: part one
chapter 23: part two
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38: part one
chapter 38: part two
chapter 39
chapter 40 (Epilogue)
Q&A: part 1
Q&A: part 2
New Liam Story !!
chapter 41 (Additional)

chapter 26

19.3K 922 1K
By gymnasliam

what are you reading this on??? Phone? iPod? Laptop?

Audible dot com ayyyy

Jk im lame wow srry

btw the camping chapters will be kinda long so

enjoy¿?

-

"Jolissa Colleen Philips, get down here this instant and greet your friend!"

Female dog.

I grumble to myself and drag my suitcase down the stairs, not caring that it sounds like a series of bombs on the way down each step. Why did I agree on coming to this stupid trip? Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I was forced against my will.

And where the heck is Liam? I don't think I can handle being near Laura without someone getting ready to hold me back. Not that I would even do anything, but who knows. I might just accidentally swing at her and then she might accidentally hit the ground and then the ambulance will accidentally pay a visit and then-

"Hey, Jolissa," Dylan stands awkwardly with his hands in his pockets as his brown eyes meet mine.

Embarrassed with how rude I was acting with dragging my suitcase and all- since I thought it'd be Laura here instead- I shyly smile at his gorgeous looking self.

"Hi, Dylan." This is great. We're speaking and this is just great.

He nods and points his thumb towards the open door. "We just stopped by to pick you up. Are you ready to leave?"

"Yes, she's all done. Thank you so much for picking her up, Dylan. Jolissa appreciates it, and she is sure she will have so much fun with your family," my mother chimes in with that stupid fake smile on her face.

I roll my eyes, hoping nobody saw it. And when I look around to make sure, Dylan is thankfully clueless and my mother is still yapping away.

"Hello Mrs. Philips! Why, don't you look quite lovely in that color. Maroon really suits you," Liam's voice comes into the front door with a cheeky grin on his face.

My mother and Dylan's attention turn to him and her face quickly turns into a bright smile.

Nice one, Payne. Shower her with compliments why don't you.

"Liam," she beams. "It's a delight to see you again!"

Oh shut it, woman.

"And you too, ma'am. Actually, I came to see if Jo was finished packing."

This is when Dylan speaks up. "Yeah, she is. Ready to leave, Jolissa?" he turns to me.

Is this actually happening? Dylan actually wants me to join him? I never thought I would live to see this day happen. Never in the daylight did I ever think that he would talk to me, let alone willingly want me to leave somewhere with him. Even though we obviously weren't going somewhere alone. But that doesn't matter because i'm pretending it's just the two of us...and Liam.

"Funny," the familiar chuckle escapes Liam's mouth. "But Jo's coming with me."

"I don't see how that's funny at all, though. She was leaving with me because we have a camping trip to be at." Dylan says, looking annoyed by Liam. His cheeks are sort of pinkish and he looks almost...mad?

"It's funny because I say it is," Liam starts, amused by Dylan's reaction to him. "And we're going to the same trip, so don't you worry your pretty little blond-haired self."

For a second, Laura's brother looks slightly flustered before he fixes his expression to narrow his eyes. "What is funny is that you don't even call her by her real name as her boyfriend."

Liam ignores the last part- of course, because in his world, we're probably a married couple prancing into the sunset with white horses and a carriage- but responds to the name calling part.

"I call her Jo, and not Jolissa, because it's something that people who are closer than friends do! But obviously you wouldn't know the first thing, since you basically ignored her existence before she lost weight!"

Burn.

Wait, I like Dylan. Why am I acting like i'm on Liam's side?

"Boyfriend? Is there something you aren't telling me, Jolissa?" my mother's voice sounds from behind me, not minding the fact that there are two boys arguing over me in the living room. Crap, I had forgotten she was even there.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I clarify, almost angry at the two people who seem to think that Liam and I are a thing.

But are we? No. Never in a bajillion years, right?

"Let's go, yeah?" Liam says, and doesn't forget to shoot an 'Ha, I won' look at the blond boy near the door.

Dylan looks back between me, Liam and my mother before turning around and walking towards the front door quickly without saying another word, obviously angry at the situation.

In a way, it makes me kind of upset that he didn't at least fight more for taking me with him. But then again, who the heck am I kidding! This is Dylan Hernandez and even if he looks at me, I should feel lucky...right?

Strange. I don't feel anything at all.

"I strongly apologize for the misbehavior, Mrs. Philips. I just get a bit cranky when someone messes with people I care about," Liam turns to my mother, giving her an apologetic smile. Man, why does he look so cute making that face? And wait, he cares about me? Is it the way I care about double stuffed oreos- because when I say I love that stuff, I mean it.

"It's quite alright, and you two are going to be with Laura and her family this weekend, correct?"

"Yes, ma'am, we will. All weekend long."

Ugh, do not remind me.

"Alright, I trust you Liam. You two have fun."

"We will, ma'am."

And like that, we walked out the doorway with me dragging my three thousand pound suitcase behind me.

Liam shuts the front door and takes my luggage.

"How long was Dippy there, anyway?" he asks without looking at me as we walk to his car.

I almost burst out laughing. "His name is Dylan, Liam."

"I was close," he hides a laugh, tossing the suitcase into the trunk of his truck. It was the same car we put our bikes in when we rode down that hill while he was coaching me. That was actually a fun day for me, even though I was nearly passing out from pedaling so hard.

"No you weren't," I laugh and sit in the passenger's seat. How in the floating petunia does Dippy sound like Dylan? It doesn't, that's how.

"On a more serious level, how long was he there?"

I roll my eyes at his jealous behavior. "Only maybe fifteen minutes before you came. Why?"

Liam ignores the fact that I just asked him why it mattered.

"Okay good," he sighs and starts the engine. "Sorry I was late by the way. Louis and Niall broke my tent and they didn't tell me until the last minute so I had to borrow one of my old friend's, which is three times bigger. But that's a good thing because then we'd have more room to-"

I flash him a look. Knowing his perverted self, he was probably going to say something I would want to karate chop him for.

"God, Jo, I was going to say that'd we would have more room to sleep!" He bursts out laughing while backing out the driveway.

After his laughs die down- which I basically gawked at the entire time because of how happy he looks when he's smiling like that- he clears his throat and it's silent for a while.

I wonder what Dylan is doing right now? Am I really still thinking about him?! God, I'm insane. But he's just so beautiful, and perfect, and he's got those big brown eyes.

Liam's eyes are better, though.

But Dylan has that blond swept hair that looks so great when it's combed to the side covering his eyebrows.

I've always had a thing for brunettes, though. Brunettes with quiffs and thick eyebrows, and stubble- yeah the kind that sprinkles across their face. And eyes that crinkle at the sides when they smile and twinkle.

"Hey, can I ask you something Jo- I mean...Jolissa?"

My attention turns toward Liam and my gaze holds on his stubbed chin. How he could grow hair on his face so fast, the world may never know. Seriously, he should make a book that tells his secrets, Dylan may need to take notes.

"Yeah, sure. I don't think I have a choice anyway." I chuckle.

"True," he starts. "But, do you like it when I call you Jo?"

Trick question.

"At first I didn't. But, I don't know, I guess the name kind of grew on me."

He releases a small breath and holds a relieved smile, "Good to hear."

Changing the subject, my eyes trail the road in front of us. "You do knowwhere we're going right? Jesus, Liam, i'd hate to end up somewhere in Africa where we would get attacked by sea lions and be used as human bait."

"Duh, I looked up the directions a while back. It's obvious the only campsite they must be going to is the one about twenty miles away since it's the closest," he says, scratching his neck just above a birthmark. Liam cracks a smile, "And what the hell is a sea-lion?"

"Lions in the sea," I sarcastically say.

"Simba in the sea," he smiles, "I like the sound of that."

"I don't think simba can even swim," I look out the window.

"Okay this joke is gonna sound pretty weird," he tells me, almost laughing before he even reveals it. "And don't slap me for saying it."

"Oh lord, what is it?" Should I slap myself for even asking?

"Harry told it to Louis," he starts.

"Since we're making Lion King references," Liam turns to me not even looking at the road for a minute. "Can I Hakuna your ma-ta-ta's?"

"Liam!" I cover my mouth, stifling my laugh. I can't believe he just told me that.

While the both of us and the sound of our laughter loudly fill up the space in his truck, I lean my head on the window sill wiping my tears.

A smile is plastered on my face as I think to myself:

Why do I suddenly feel so happy?

-

#JIAM #JIAM #JIAM

lol hakuna your matata's im laughing whats wrong with me

anyways

So surprise!!! I finally found out who to choose for Jo's character

And tbh it was hard bc i had to find someone who ALSO had a weightloss journey. That was when I came up with the beautiful Hazal Kaya

(if you dont picture hazal as Jo, its fine just picture her however you like)

To play Jo's mother, I picked the actress Charlize Theron !!! (pic to the right)

And just imagine Dylan like the newer version of Dylan Sprouse with brown eyes and the zack and cody hair lol

I'll post a picture of these characters soon hopefully so you can visualize it

goals for this chapter are 70 votes and 75 comments

i know u can do it !!!

Also, i didnt pick anyone to dedicate this chapater too bc lots of ppl were saying they werent funny so

yeah

but QUESTION: WHAT MOVIES ARE GR8???

dedication goes to the corniest joke lol

ily all

bye

(oh and wow dylan seems a bit jealous eh)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 1.6K 34
Just a bunch of One Direction preferences
118K 5.6K 39
"The favourite food of us all, the pizza, if it's properly baked and has all the right topping on it, it contains over one thousand calories. The Ame...
819K 13.8K 47
Before you get any further, I warn you that this is not your typical spy story. You might think it is... But, it's not. Well, where do I start? I'm...
43K 320 13
Gretchen Bridges. Seventeen years old. Blonde, curly hair. Dimples. Freckles. Sounds beautiful right? But her life is far from beautiful. She was dia...