Tattoos

By musicfreakforever

Your soulmate tattoos can only be seen by you and your soulmate. Occasionally, people reject their soulmate o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 18

776 57 7
By musicfreakforever

Hisoka grew increasingly annoyed by Machi's ringing phone. She wouldn't put it on silent, but she wouldn't pick up either. Chrollo had started calling at the same time every day for the past three days. Machi is notably doing better while Hisoka is continuing to struggle. He didn't go to class since the showcase, he knows there will be endless praise, but to him, he didn't do good enough.

None of their praise would help the way he feels.

He aggressively presses the end call on Machi's phone while they sit together in the kitchen.

"Hisoka, you're kinda starting to worry me," Machi says slowly.

"What?"

"It's been six days since you've slept or eaten properly."

Hisoka gives her a glare and storms out of the apartment. He did not need to be lectured on his heath, he has more important thoughts... Illumi. He finds himself stuck in his apartment lobby, looking out at the rain. Rainy season... He finds today he doesn't like the rain as he normally did.

His phone begins ringing and he sighs taking it out of his pocket to see an unknown caller. He answers anyway, with a half-hearted hello.

"Hisoka," Illumi's voice hiccups and Hisoka freezes in response. "I-I know you hate me right now... But I could really use a hug."

"Where are you?" Hisoka grips his phone a little too tightly.

Illumi pauses on the other end, falling silent for a moment, but Hisoka can hear his ragged breathing and sniffling along with the rain pattering roughly. "Herb street? In the telephone box."

"Stay on the line okay?" Hisoka runs out of his apartment, grabbing the spare umbrella the one kind neighbour always left at the front. Herb street isn't too far... Well, not too far with the shortcut Hisoka knew to take. Through the alley, over the fence, dash through the park.

Illumi's crying over the line made him move faster, ignoring the rain that pelted into him, seeping into his skin.

"Y-You're really coming?" Illumi's voice cracks and Hisoka winces.

"Of course," he slides out onto Herb street after a couple minutes. Both staying silent over the lines, but knowing the other is there. Hisoka pants slightly and looks up and down the street, searching for the telephone box desperately. Illumi using a payphone would have been funny to him if the situation were different but-

Hisoka catches glimpse of the box, a figure inside but completely blurred out by the heavy rain. He sprints toward it, pushing past a couple walking down the street roughly, uncaring. Illumi needs him. Illumi really needs him.

Illumi seems to spot him, although his reaction time isn't nearly as fast as he drops the phone, opening the box door to get slammed into by Hisoka. Hisoka drops his own phone, sure it's broken from water damage by now, the umbrella soon following it onto the ground, and he hugs Illumi. Their bodies colliding harshly but neither cared. Both of them wet from the rain, hugging each other as though they had been waiting to do this for a lifetime. Hisoka holds Illumi's head into the crook of his neck where Illumi starts to sob, grabbing Hisoka's shirt. Hisoka shushes him gently, whispering sweet nothings to him as they spin around a little at the force they collided with.

The rain soaks through them, but neither really feel it. Suddenly Hisoka realizes he's crying a little too. When they've stopped spinning, they stay like that for a moment, probably looking insane to anyone watching. Illumi looks up at Hisoka for a moment before kissing him.

Hisoka kisses him back needily, this is the first time Illumi initiated a kiss.

When they pull away, Illumi is still crying, just not as much. Hisoka gently pushes him away but Illumi takes hold of his sleeve.

"D-Don't leave," Illumi whispers, his face sunken.

"I'm not, don't worry," Hisoka kisses his forehead and Illumi hesitantly lets go. Hisoka picks up the phone and umbrella, placing the phone in his pocket and popping the umbrella open, holding it over Illumi. Illumi attaches himself to Hisoka again, holding onto his arm desperately, like it's his lifeline.

"You'll come home with me?" Illumi asks slowly.

Hisoka smiles and nods softly, walking them back to the hotel. He takes them into Illumi's bedroom and they both strip out of their soaking clothes, leaving themselves exposed to each other in boxers. Not that either seem to mind in the moment.

"You like getting caught in the rain, huh?" Hisoka says as he ruffles a towel through Illumi's hair.

"Maybe because I know you'll take care of me after..." Illumi whispers, leaning into Hisoka's hands through the towel. The words catch Hisoka by surprise before he smiles softly.

"Always," he gently leaves the towel on Illumi's shoulders before walking into the bathroom to clean up himself. Looking in the mirror he winces, he looks like shit. How could Illumi have wanted this to take care of him? His makeup smudged everywhere, hair awkwardly hanging back after being attacked by the rain.

"I'm just gonna shower quick," Hisoka calls to Illumi before pausing, popping his head out of the bathroom. "Unless you need me?"

"Take care of yourself," Illumi responds gently.

"Unless you wanna join me," Hisoka winks earning a disinterested look from Illumi before it fell into a softer, needier gaze.

"Just be quick... Okay?"

Hisoka nods. Showering only to allow the product out of his hair and his makeup off. Without the makeup, his eye bags were visible and he looks less... healthy. He isn't exactly interested in walking out to Illumi like this but Illumi... Illumi needed him.

Hisoka walks out with the towel wrapped around his waist. Illumi is still sitting in the same place, eagerly looking at Hisoka.

"Hey, shouldn't you have some clothes on, you'll freeze," Hisoka frowns.

"I was waiting for you," Illumi mutters. "That was a weird answer... I, um..."

"Well, go pick something out to wear... for me too."

Illumi's eyes trail over him for a moment, lingering on what Hisoka assumes is his v-line before he scampers up, going into the huge closet. He hands Hisoka a pair of joggers and then pulls on a big hoodie for himself which Hisoka realizes is one of his own. When had Illumi taken that? Hisoka finds he doesn't mind, Illumi walking back out, attaching himself back onto Hisoka.

"What's up?" Hisoka hums, running a hand through Illumi's hair as he hugs him.

"I was so scared... I was so scared you'd never want to see me again," Illumi hugs him tighter and Hisoka shakes his head.

"Illumi, even if I wanted to, I could never hate you," Hisoka says softly.

"Can you make me a hot chocolate?" Illumi says after a moment of staring into Hisoka's eyes.

"If you let go of me," Hisoka responds. Although, as he makes the hot chocolate, Illumi hugs him again. Every time he moved, Illumi would only loosen up a little, allowing him to do whatever before latching on again.

They eventually are curled up on the couch together, Illumi safely tucked away in Hisoka's arms as he sips from his mug.

"You're awfully touchy," Hisoka hums, gently playing with Illumi's hair.

"I always was," Illumi says it quietly like he's embarrassed about it. "I just held back."

Hisoka laughs lightly, unsurprised at the information. Illumi tended to get close to whoever unintentionally, he had no perception of personal space. Hisoka should have guessed it was because he is a touchy person.

"Hisoka... will you allow me to explain what happened?" Illumi whispers after a moment. Hisoka holds his breath, pausing a little. Did he want to hear it? What if what happened hurts him more? But if Illumi wanted him to...

"Okay," Hisoka lets out his breath and Illumi taps his half-empty mug for a moment.

"I called Chrollo over to help me with the costume I was making for you... He kept asking me why I liked you, and I got frustrated and I was confused. And then he approached me and he kissed me when you walked in. I didn't mean for it to happen... I didn't know he was going to do it either, I just-" Illumi sighs frustratedly, leaning his head back onto Hisoka's shoulder, eyes shut tight.

Hisoka gently places a hand on Illumi cheek, moving him so he can press a quick kiss to Illumi's lips. "It wasn't your fault," Hisoka whispers in realization. It really had been a misunderstanding. Hisoka shouldn't have taken it so roughly... He should have called, he should have let Illumi explain. He sighs frustratedly and buries his face into the crook of Illumi's neck. "I'm sorry." He says, lips brushing Illumi's skin.

"Why are you apologizing? That's what I'm doing," Illumi retorts.

Hisoka looks up, Illumi's gaze on him, returned to a blank face. "I should have been here for you."

Something flickers in Illumi's eyes and suddenly the warm mug is placed too close to his face. "Have some," Illumi demands. "You don't look so good."

Hisoka shakes his head a little. "I don't like hot chocolate."

Illumi scowls and leans back into Hisoka again. Soon, the two fall asleep, curled into each other, holding each other trying to get impossibly closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 281 28
In this AU(Alternate universe) your soulmates name will appear on wrist some people spend years waiting to find out who their soulmate is others deny...
46.4K 1.3K 15
Hisollu Fanfic [AU] where they live normally and are both humans. Illumi still doesn't have emotions though. Art cover credit to Hichi on Twitter :))...
7K 447 15
In this world, people are born with the tattoo of their soulmate on their body. You can either ignore the tattoo or find your soulmate. What happens...
106K 4.9K 13
Soulmates. The most talked about topic in the world. You can use a special pen to write on your arm. Whatever you write will appear on them. The ink...