Hometown| Mike Wheeler

By tvdxst

Elizabeth Tate isn't that well known in Hawkins Middle School, but it is known that it wasn't likely she talk... More

SEASON ONE CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
SEASON TWO CAST
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
SEASON THREE CAST
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

213 3 2
By tvdxst

I spray on my perfume, before hurrying out of my room.

"No costume?" My mom asks, "I thought Mike said to wear a costume?"

"Mike's dumb," I reply, putting butter on my bread, "Nobody's wearing a costume to school except them."

"And you're not gonna tell them not to?" My mom questions, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Tried," I shrug, "They don't listen to me. They think I just don't want to be seen with them while they're wearing those outfits."

Mom only shakes her head, smiling a bit as she walks away, most likely to her room.

After eating, I jog outside and hop on my bike, riding it down to school.

I pass by the Wheeler residence, at the perfect time, just when Mike was waving goodbye to his mom from the sidewalk.

"Liz!" He cheers, waving excitedly over to me. His mouth immediately drops to a frown and he sighs, "Where's your costume?"

"In my room." I answer with a smug grin.

"Why aren't you wearing it? You're gonna mess up the whole coordination!" Mike exclaims.

"I'll be wearing it tonight, no need to worry, Venkman." I chuckle, just as Lucas joins us, and soon Dustin as well.

The whole ride consisted of the boys either humming or belting out the lyrics to the Ghostbusters theme song, and at some parts I would sing too.

"Who you gonna call?" The boys chorused as we all stuffed our bikes on the bike rack.

"Ghostbusters!" Will finishes, and we all turn to see the beaming boy.

We all greet each other, and I give Will a small look of pity, remembering the paper that was left in his locker.

"Venkman!" Will greeted Lucas.

"Woah! Woah!" Mike stepped in, making us all look at him in confusion, waiting for him to elaborate.

"What?" Lucas asks.

"Why are you Venkman?" Mike questions Lucas.

"Because I'm Venkman." Lucas states in a obvious tone.

"No, I'm Venkman." Mike replies sternly.

"Why can't there just be two Venkman's?" Will compromises.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life. We planned this months ago," Mike starts to explain, "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, Elizabeth is Dana," He points to Will, then Lucas, "you're Egon, and you're Winston."

The two start to bicker about how Lucas didn't want to be Winston, and Mike was trying to convince him.

"Yeah, but he's still cool." Mike reasons.

"If he's cool, than you be Winston." Lucas argues.

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

"B-because..."

Lucas begins to mock Mike, "'B-b-because' you're not black?"

"No!" Mike denies.

"It's 'cause you're jealous than, right? Because Venkman's dating Dana, and Lizzie is Dana." Lucas assumes.

"What!?" I cut in, my nostrils flaring a bit. I was just scared that Lucas was gonna blabber my secret out to the whole party. To Mike.

Mike looks flustered, but quickly regains composure, "What? No."

"Then it is because I'm black!" Lucas sneers, "You think I can't be Venkman because I'm black!"

"I didn't say that!" Mike shouts.

"You thought it." Lucas counters.

"Come on, guys, please," I groan, "If you guys don't stop I'm gonna have to be Venkman."

The two only start to argue again, and I look to Will, rolling my eyes.

He stifles a laugh.

"Guys!" I hear Dustin shout, making my ears perk up, "Guys!"

Lucas and Mike stop, all of us looking over to our friend who was staring out at the parking lot.

"What's wrong?" I ask as we all join his side.

"Why is no one else wearing costumes?" Dustin questions, and I fight to hold back a smile.

"Crap." Lucas mutters.

The bell rings, and we walk inside. I was basically skipping beside Lucas, singing out, "I told you so, I told you so!" Lucas whacks me in the arm, cursing at me, which only makes me grin wider, "How's it feel to be wrong?"

"Stop rubbing it in." Mike grumbles from the other side of the hallway.

"I'm not. I'm simply showing you guys that you should have listened to me; the only sane one in the group." I snicker.

But I wasn't the only one. Kids were laughing and ridiculing my friends. My face falls, and I glance over to them, seeing they looked very embarrassed, and I was only making it worse.

"When do people make these decisions?" Dustin utters.

"Everyone dressed up last year." Will mentions.

"It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you." Dustin claims.

"Just be cool." Mike says.

We all divide to go to our lockers, and I stuff my sweatshirt inside, sighing as I begin to reach up and grab my notebook. My mood instantly perks up as I see Max riding towards me on her skateboard, "Hi, Max."

"Hey," She greets, hopping off the board. She stores it in the locker, grabbing her binder from the top part, "Oh, uh, I hope i'm not taking up to much space."

I peer in, seeing her skateboard was pushed all the way to the side. I chuckle, shaking my head, "No, not at all."

"Cool," She nods, "Walk with me to Mr. Clark's?"

I nod eagerly, grabbing the rest of my things from the locker before shutting the door, the two of us conversing as we walk to first period.

|

"Yeah, it was so gross," Max laughs, "He was like on-top of her and..." Max fake gags.

I shudder, "That is nasty. I would have gone blind if I witnessed that."

"I'm surprised I didn't," Max looks over at me, fixing her bag strap, "How about you? You have any siblings?"

"Well, I did," I state, quickly realizing my mistake, "Uh, she moved away. We weren't, like, real sisters but, we were so close it felt like we were."

Max nods slowly, "Oh. I'm sorry."

I weakly smile, shrugging as we approach the locker. Max puts in the combination before opening it, both of us putting in our things.

"Hi, Max," I hear a voice beside us, and immediately recognize it as Dustin, "I'm Dustin, and this is-"

"Lucas." Lucas finishes with a wide smile.

"Yeah, I know. Elizabeth told me," She glances at me, "The stalkers."

The two boys start to stutter, looking at each other before Lucas finds his words, "Uh, no. Actually...we weren't stalking you."

I look at Lucas with my eyebrows raised, and he immediately wipes his brow.

"No, we-we were just concerned because, you know, you're new and all." Dustin lies.

"Y-Y-Yeah. Yeah, for your safety." Lucas adds.

"Mhm. There are a lot of bully's here." Dustin starts.

"So many bullies, it's crazy." Lucas speaks up.

"Yeah." Dustin nods.

"I have Elizabeth, I think I'll be okay." Max leans against the locker.

"W-w-well, Liz could be a bully too." Dustin replies.

I widen my eyes, crossing my arms as I give Dustin an intense glare, "Is that so?"

"What he means is...uh, Lizzie can sometimes be mean to new people. Like, this one time she almost punched someone in the face because they were-" Lucas begins.

"It doesn't matter." I cut him off.

"She seems pretty nice to me." Max shrugs.

"That's...good." Lucas says slowly.

"Yeah, really good," Dustin nods, "We were just looking out for you, to make sure that she was being nice and all."

Max looks at the boys weirdly, "Is that why you're wearing proton packs?"

"Well, these don't function. But..." Dustin reaches down, grabbing his little box that 'catches ghosts', "I do have this handy-dandy little trap here. And look, it even opens and closes. Look, look, look..." With a wide smile, he opens the box, chuckling, "Voilà! It's cool right?" Max only stares back at them, "No? Okay. But, um...so, we were talking last night, and you're new here, so you probably have no one to take you trick-or-treating, and you're scared of bullies, so we were thinking that it would be okay if you come with us. It's perfect because Liz is also trick-or-treating with us, so you won't feel awkward!"

"'It'd be okay'?" Max questions as I begin hitting my head against the locker door.

"Yeah. Our parties a democracy, the majority voted you could come." Dustin responds.

"I didn't know it was such an honor to go trick-or-treating with you." Max sarcastically states.

"We know where to get the full-sized candy bars," Dustin boasts, "We figured you'd want in."

"That's presumptuous of you." Max states.

"Yeah. Totally," Dustin smiles as Lucas looked a bit shocked, "Uh, so, um...you'll come?"

Max scoffs, grabbing her skateboard, walking away, "Catch you later, Elizabeth."

"We're meeting at the Maple Street cul-de-sac at 7:00!" Dustin calls as I close the locker, making eye contact with Lucas, both of us shaking our heads, "That's 7:00 on the dot! 'Presumptuous'. That's a good thing, right?" Lucas sighs, and I link arms with him, both of us walking away from the oblivious boy, "Is it bad? Guys, is it bad? Lucas? Liz? Son of a bitch, guys. Is it bad?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1.1K 40
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...
132K 3.5K 28
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. Sequel to Hold On. ************************* °Retrouvailles- the joy that you fee...
547K 19.5K 63
[#201 in FanFiction November 3rd 2017] [This is Book I; Book II is "Shatter": https://www.wattpad.com/story/127653346-shatter-jonathan-byers-stranger...
239K 4.9K 15
{book one of three} Marilee Hopper lives with her uncle, the chief of Hawkins, Indiana. She moved to Hawkins after her parents died, she now has a jo...