Spy School: Why did you leave...

By VarchasianKookie

It was just a normal day at Spy School. It was supposed to be a routine extraction. Nothing too dangerous, an... More

Authors Note
[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
Epilogue
Sequel: To be, or not to be?
Final Authors Note

[Chapter 3]

4.3K 48 211
By VarchasianKookie

CIA Academy of Espionage

May 4

0205 Hours (2:05 AM)

Erica POV

This must be a dream! I should try and wake up.

I pinched myself hard, but all that did was make me wince. If it wasn't a dream, it must be someone else who looked like Ben but wasn't Ben. But when I opened my eyes, there he was, smiling the goofy smile that made me fall for him when I first met him.

Ben POV

I smiled as I watched Erica's reaction. Her raven black hair flew in the wind, and her icy blue eyes stared at me. After a few minutes, I broke the silence.

"Am I going to get a welcome back or are you going to be staring at me the rest of the night?" I joked.

Erica realized what she was doing and then turned away and blushed. After a few minutes, she ran to me and gave me a hug. She looked so happy, an emotion I hadn't seen her express in a long time.

"Aren't you mad at me for making you think I was dead," I asked confused.

"Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me!" she said, and she punched me three times in each shoulder.

"I guess I deserved that," I muttered.

Erica just gave me an innocent smile.

Erica POV

I had previously decided that in the event that Ben was alive, I would tell him how I felt about him. I took a deep breath.

Ben noticed this, and asked, "Are you okay?"

I just replied with a simple yes.

He nodded but didn't seem to believe me.

"Let's go for a walk," Ben suggested.

We walked on the edge of campus in silence, until I decided to break it.

"How are you alive, what happened, why did you stay away for so long," I started to ask.

"One question at a time," he said.

(I AM LAZY SO I AM JUST GOING TO WRITE THE CONVERSATION IN SCRIPT FORM)

Me: How are you alive

Ben: I stood in the corner of a room behind a computer and calculated the route the energy of the thermonuclear bomb would be released in. I stood in a position that when I blew it up, the roof fell down on me, blocking the radiation of the bomb from killing me. I did get several injuries, but I healed them.

Me: How did you heal the injuries?

Ben: Using a first aid kit in Catherine's house.

Me: YOU WENT TO MY MOM'S HOUSE????? WHY???

Ben: I needed somewhere safe to stay.

Me: Oh. Oops. Anyway, Zoe, Mike, Chip, and Jawa will be so excited to find out you're alive!

Ben: Actually, about that. You can't tell anyone else I'm alive.

Me: Why?

Ben: Because (not to brag or anything) I'm the best hacker in the world, and Mr. E lowered security on his house when he found out I died. I am going to capture him once in for all.

Me: But we captured Mr. E. He's in jail.

Ben: That wasn't the real Mr. E. That was his secretary.

Ben: I normally would want you to be on my team, but I can't let you. It's too dangerous.

Me: I can handle danger. I am a spy. Wait, you care if it's dangerous? Do you care about me?

Ben: *blushes clearly*

Me: *I'll say it now* There's something I have to tell you.

Ben: Yes?

Me: *deep breath* I like you. A lot.

Ben: *Stares at Erica for next 5 minutes*

Me: Are you going to reply or are you going to keep staring at me for the rest of the night?

Ben: *chuckles* Are you on truth sedative?

Me: No, can't I tell the truth without sedative?

Ben: There's something I have to tell you. I like you too.

(END SCRIPT PLAY. SORRY BOE/ZEN FANS) (PURE BERICA MOMENT RIGHT NOW) (PLEASE DON'T HATE ON ME!!!)

Erica POV

OMG! Ben just told me he liked me! My heart skipped a beat. Or two. Or one hundred and ten. I then realized how close we were to each other. We were only a few centimeters apart. I leaned in and...

Ben POV

Oh my gosh! Erica just kissed me! Those were the best 12 seconds of my life.

As we pulled away, I asked, "Did that one actually mean something this time?"

This time it was her turn to chuckle.

"The last one (on Vail) meant something too. I was just too embarrassed to say it." Erica confided.

I grinned.

"Anyways," Erica said in business mode again, "Can I join you on your mission?"

I thought about it for a while, and then I said agreed. I told her I would send instructions on where to meet in a letter.

"Before I go, I have one last question," Erica said.

"Shoot," I said.

Erica cringed. "When you're a spy, don't say that. It could literally end your life."

"My question was if you stayed at Catherine's, does she know you're alive?" Erica asked.

"Yes, but I trust her," I replied.

"You can't trust anyone in espionage," Erica said.

"As much as that is true, sometimes you have to learn to trust people," I said.

Erica POV

"Oh, it's already 3:00 AM! I should go," Ben exclaimed.

"Oh," I said disappointed. "Okay."

"You're instructions will be on your bed on March 11 by the time you come back from your class. Goodbye for now, Erica" Ben said.

"Goodbye, Ben," I said.

He nodded his head, and then turned around and ran into the forest, and as I watched him run away, I missed his presence more than ever.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

- Cookie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 137 14
Takes place after Spy School British Invasion. Ben, Erica and their friends have defeated SPYDER once and for all, but that doesn't mean they don't s...
22.8K 192 10
Ben Ripley, Erica Hale and Mike Brezinski have all lost their friends. Whoever was closest to them no longer is. It's just them. When so many of your...
84.7K 694 30
"I sighed and put my head in my hands. I told her everything. I told her everything about my dream. I told her about how we had kissed there. I told...
36.6K 523 18
Ben and his crew are sent to another mission, this time, in New York. But will the big city of dreams only bring danger to Ben, as they begin to try...