The Lone Wolf's Bride

By JshinDa

Freya was a 113 years old werewolf. She didn't have a pack and lived alone inside an abandoned castle. Her co... More

[1] Prolog
[2] Mate
[3] Encounter
[4] Date
[4.5] Date ver. 2
[5] Disappear
[6] Reveal
[7] Sleepover
[9] Surprise
[10] Truth?
[11] Story
[12] Time
[13] Meet
[14] Stay
[15] Morning
[16] Strolling
[17] Training
[18] Visit
[19] Lilith
[20] Graveyard
[21] Colors
[22] Witches
[23] Reynolds
[24] Sisters
SORRY!!!
[25] Vault
[26] Letters
[27] Past
[28] Answer
[29] Africa
[30] Village
[31] Hideout
[32] Pack
[33] Closer

[8] Nightmare

4.3K 175 6
By JshinDa

Eli was woken up by the noise from Freya's room. She quickly teleported inside and saw something she didn't wish to see. She looked at the creature, that was once Freya, trashing around the room. Her eyes were darkening. The pure white eyes that once there were barely visible.

The witch made a quick spell to seal the room. Soon the creature's attention was on her. She didn't bother to speak sense to it since she knew it won't work. Instead, she readied her staff and chanting a spell to fight off the creature.

The creature attacked. It still had Freya's body figure with a little bit of distortion. Her fingers turned into claws. Her fangs were drawn out. And mostly her face didn't have any trace of humanity left on it.

Eli dodged the attack and countered it. Eli's attack missed the beast as it dashed to the right. So Eli made multiple plasma ball and launched them at it. The creature took the hit and slid backwards. It appears Eli's magic barely did damage to it.

The witch was making a magic circle for a spell strong enough to knock it unconscious. But the creature fast charged at her and Eli didn't have time to cover herself. She fell to the ground and groaned miserably. Meanwhile the creature as if it still have mind to think, joined it fists and pounded Eli not letting her to recover.

This time Eli made a quick protection spell and a shield was casted between her and death. She tried to hold on to it, but the creature was too strong for a human like her. After the fifth hit, the shield crashed. The thing picked Eli up and tossed her across the room. Eli could barely stay awake. Her whole body felt numb. The next thing she knew, the beastly creature broke through the barrier and staggered along the hallway.

It wasn't long until a scream was heard.
"Shit," Eli cursed at herself as she steadied her wobbling legs. She paced after the creature who was about to attack Astra. Eli muttered a binding spell and thankfully she made it before the creature can touch the girl.

Eli swung the creature back to the room. She made sure she binds it tight enough so it won't wreck havoc again. After she satisfied with her handiwork, she ran back to a now passed out Astra. The witch picked up Astra with her magic and put her back to her room. She only leave after she made sure the girl is fine inside and out.

◇◇◇

The next morning, Freya wiggled on her bed as she found something restraining her. She tried to scream but she couldn't open her mouth. She went panic when she realize she couldn't even feel her other senses, leaving her to a totally vulnerable position.

"Oh, thank god you're awake," said a feminine voice which Freya barely heard.

Her head darted frantically as she tried to find the source. Her whole body tensed when she felt someone put their hand on her right arm.

"Relax, it's only me," said the same voice.

Something in that voice made Freya fells save. She slowly calmed down and focused her ears to the voice. She felt Eirlys, her inner wolf, fighting to take control, but she didn't let her. Her eyes turned back to their original white color and her body relaxed.

"Good. I'm gonna unbind you now," informed the same voice which Freya now recognizes as Eli's.

Eli canceled her binding spell and slumped down the drawer. The exhaustion from the all night fight finally came to her. She had to physically rumble with monstrous Freya for three hours before mentally push back Eirlys.

Feeling worried, Freya pulled herself up and approached the witch. "Are you okay?" Freya asked. She didn't need to ask what happen that night. She already guessed from the aftermath.

Eli managed to nod her tired head. "I'm fine. A little sleep would be nice tho," she said panting softly. Her chest moved up and down quite rapidly. "You need to check on our guest."

Freya didn't need to be told again as she left the room. She made sure she already change her tattered clothes to something more decent. She went downstairs to Astra's room.

◇◇◇

Astra woke up with a startle from her nightmare. Sweats were running down her neck and her heart beat rapidly. A knock on the door made her jump off the bed.

"Astra, are you awake?" asked a concern Freya behind the door.

Astra managed to calm herself a little before she answered, "yes, come in."

The bind wolf opened the door and found Astra leaning to her bed. "Are you okay?" she asked approaching the girl.

Astra flinched when Freya was about to touch her. "I'm fine," Astra said as she pulled her hand up.

Freya retrieved her arm as she just realized Astra hasn't looking at her eyes all this time. She smelt fear coming from Astra, but also doubt. Freya was about to ask again, but Astra shrugged it off with a smile.

"Are you calling for breakfast? What are we going to eat today?" Astra smiled as she walked past Freya.

Freya snapped out of her thought and turned around. But Astra was already gone. She followed the girl to the main hall then gestured her to the dinning room. She stopped her from walking by griping her wrist.

The girl cringed from the surprising move. That wasn't her, that wasn't her, Astra repeated in her head.

"Are you okay?" Freya just had to asked.

Astra fought with herself as she tried to look at Freya's eyes, repeating the same sentence over and over again. Trying to convince herself that the monster in her dream was not the same woman she's with right now.

"As I thought. You're scared of me, aren't you," Freya gave her a weak smile, but her face was sad.

"That's not it!" Astra said as immediately and looked at Freya. She sighed, "I just had a nightmare and it scares me." Astra was now holding both of Freya's hands. "It's okay now. Thank you for asking."

Freya had a visible sad expression on her face, fully noticing that her mate's nightmare was undoubtedly her fault. Astra didn't let the feelings brood as she pulled Freya into the dinning room. Freya sat on the head chair while Astra sat on her right.

"Where's Eli? I haven't seen her around. Do you think she's still asleep? Should we wake her up?" Astra asked lightening the mood.

Freya gave her her rare smile. "Let her be," she said. "Right, what do you want for breakfast? Let me make it," Freya said as she stood up.

Astra quickly put her hand on top of Freya's and led her back down. "No. You sit here and let me do the cooking," suggested Astra.

"You are my guest. What kind of host am I to let her guest cooks for her?"

"No!" Astra said more sternly this time, "I won't let you near a knife or fire."

"You don't believe me?" Freya asked a little bit hurt.

Astra looked back at her as she already half-way to the kitchen. "Of course not. You're so clumsy, I fear you would cut yourself."

Freya was taken by surprise. Soon a small smile creeped her face. "Excuse me? Aren't you referring to yourself?" she said as she also went to the kitchen.

As Freya and Astra were playing in the kitchen, a new voice startled them.

"Can you please not playing with your food?" begged Eli as she walked in.

"You're awake!" exclaimed Astra.

"Don't you have school today?" Eli asked looking at the girl's straight off the bed appearance.

Astra gave a guilty smile. "Let it be. Tomorrow's weekend. It will be a bother if I have to go to school and come back here after that."

"You're planning to come back?" asked Freya in surprised.

The girl looked at the older woman. "Well yeah. Aren't you glad?"

Freya smiled and nodded at her. Then her attention went back to Eli, "let her stay. It's not like we obey the law."

Eli smiled, "the place is yours. So what can I make for you two lovebirds?"

Both of the girl flushed, but Freya composed herself. "Anything on the menu," she said to Eli and took Astra back to the dinning room.

"For the record," Astra started looking at Freya, "I haven't said yes to the whole mate things. You need to earn my heart."

Freya looked at the girl beside her whose cheeks were red. She smiled knowing she has a big chance. She won't let her mate down, that was her promise. She knew she needs to build her trust. Tell her the whole story. She should probably start with her whole mess up mental situation.

◇◇◇

A/N: I will likely post a chapter every week. You can demand me personally through comments or pm if you didn't see one in a week.

- J -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505 1 63
MATURE CONTENT Kita Zena Wolfford is a beautiful young werewolf she is abused by her father and her pack because they think she is human when she is...
533K 13.3K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...
325 11 16
What do you do when you wake up naked on the streets, with no memory except your name? Freya is a confused newly made werewolf. Zayd is the ancient...
56 17 9
Asa was cursed from birth, forced to live eternity alone. She was searching for a way out, a way to rid herself of the loneliness. Her search comes t...