I Promise {Jemi}

By holyjemi

Joe and his family just moved across the country for his father's new job. Demi is the girl across the street... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 49

728 17 6
By holyjemi

*April 26, 2014*

Demi

Today was my "anniversary" with Joe. Even though we can't spend it together on the actual date I'm glad we can make it up and do one. I got him something he hopefully would like. I'm not the greatest shopper, but I know Joe would like anything I get him which makes me feel good. I made sure my bags were packed so I could leave first thing tomorrow for my flight. I was getting anxious, being away from home for the first time and being so far from my family. I don't know how I'm gonna do this for 4 years. Meeting new people and being friends with them is gonna be tough as well. I'm not the best at making friends, but I hope I could make at least one when I get there. I've been preparing for my flight and my date all day today, making sure I had everything for each. I wrote Joe basically a letter and I wrapped up his gift. I was gonna give it to him at the end of the night to end the night off well. Someone then knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said as I was rummaging through my closet for my outfit tonight.

"Can I help you with your date tonight?" Dallas said peeking her head in.

"I guess you can." She squealed which made me laugh. We were going through my closet finding something to wear.

"What about this one?" Dallas held up an outfit. I nodded my head no.

"He said to wear something nice but not too nice." I told her imitating Joe which made Dallas laugh.

"What about this?" Dallas pulled out a floral dress. I smiled at myself. It was a dress I wore once when Joe and I went out on a date at the diner.

"I think that would be perfect. I remember wearing this on one of our first dates." I grabbed it from her and went to the bathroom and changed into it.

"Perfect." Dallas said after I showed her my dress. We then started doing my hair and make-up.

"Demi?" I heard a cute little voice and I saw it was Madison. I gave her a smile telling her it was okay for her to come in. She stepped in slowly and closed the door.

"Yes Maddie?"

"Can I help you for your date?" She asked me. I nodded and she got excited. I let Madison pick out the jewlery I was gonna wear. When Dallas finished curling my hair, I let her do my make-up as Maddie put on my bracelets.

"Demi you look pretty." Maddie said to me when we were done. It made me smile. I hugged her before she tried getting out of my grasp.

"You really do Demi. Joe's gonna get lucky tonight." Dallas winked and clicked her tongue. I rolled my eyes at her. It was almost time for the date anyways which got me pretty excited and nervous. I grabbed my bag out of my closet and put Joe's gifts in it. I grabbed my shoes and a small blue jacket with me. I placed it down by the door.

"Going out tonight Demi?" My dad said as he was flipping through the channels on the TV.

"Yeah. I'll be with Joe and i'll be back before midnight don't worry." I grabbed a glass from out of the cupboard and got some water.

"Make sure you're careful." My dad cautioned me. Maddie was pulling my arm wanting my attention so we can play together. I rolled my eyes.

"Got it dad." Maddie and I walked into the living room where my dad was and started playing for a while. I was gonna miss Maddie when I was gone. No matter how annoying sometimes she maybe I'd miss playing with her. I tried to cherish this time. After a while I sat with my dad on the couch and watched as he went through the different channels.

"Drivers.. be careful tonight for the heavy rain and thick fog that's coming from the mountains. We advise you to stay-" My dad flipped the news channel to ESPN as he watched the NBA. Ugh sports.

"Are you ready for your flight tomorrow?" He asked me. I nodded my head and I was staring out the window as the rain started to come down.

"Ready as I'll ever be. It's gonna be different being away from home, even if it's only for a few days." I made some more small talk with my dad. I was gonna miss him too when I leave for college. It's gonna be a change but I'm ready for the next chapter in my life.

Joe

I was getting ready to leave the house and I made sure I had Demi's gift. It was the Cartier bracelet I got for her before I asked her to prom but I never gave it to her. I was saving it to give it to her for this day. I knew how much she wanted one so when I saved up enough money I bought her one. I was getting pretty excited especially for the place I was gonna take her tonight. I was gonna take her to a lookout point that looks over Los Angeles as our date for the night. I made sure I had food packed in my picnic basket and a blanket. Hopefully this rain wouldn't ruin anything for us. It didn't seem heavy right now.

"Hey thanks." Nick said as he took a grape from my basket and ate it. I slapped his hand.

"That's for my date tonight. Hands off." Nick chuckled.

"Oh yeah Demi's leaving tomorrow. Are you gonna miss her?" Nick said as he looked through the pantry for some food.

"Of course I will. I don't know how we're gonna do this for the next 4 years." I let out a sigh as I put the finishing touches in my basket.

"You can do it man. You both just gotta fight for your love. You two have been through a lot together. I know this is something you two can get through together as well." He patted my back before he went back upstairs. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the car. I ran to my car before the rain could soak me and put my items in the back seat. I ran back inside after that quickly.

"Mom. Dad. I'm leaving now." They came down the steps and hugged me before I left.

"Drive safe tonight with that rain Joe." I nodded and hugged the both of them back.

"Do you need an umbrella?" My mom asked me. I took it so that way Demi wouldn't have to get wet. "Have fun Joe. Love you." My parents said. I smiled.

"I love you guys too." I opened up the umbrella and walked out to my car. I quickly got in and put the umbrella behind me. I started up the car and drove to her house. When I arrived I got the umbrella and pulled it out again to walk to her door. When I was under the small roof I put the umbrella down and rang the doorbell. She opened the door moments later looking beautiful as always. I feel like everytime I see her she just takes my breath away.

"Good evening miss Lovato. Your chariot awaits." I said bowing. She giggled before I put the umbrella over us and walked her out to my car. I opened the door for her and quickly got around to my side of the car. When I got in, I quickly leaned in and pecked her lips.

"You look beautiful tonight." I smiled at her. She blushed slightly.

"Thank you now where are we going?" She asks me. I turn on the car and turned the heater up a little bit.

"You'll have to wait and see." It was gonna take a while to get there so we talked on the way there. The more I looked at her. The more turned on I was getting. Her legs in that dress made my member in my pants a little hard. I tried to calm myself so Demi wouldn't notice.

"So should we give our gifts when we get to our location or after?" I asked her.

"I wanna give my gift to you afterwards to end the night off right." She smiled at me.

"Sounds perfect to me." I reached for her hand and held it. When we got the mountain that goes to the lookout point Demi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why are we going up a mountain?" She questioned as we drove up slowly. The rain was a little heavier here so I drove carefully up it.

"Because the view is gonna take your breath away." When we were near the top, I found a parking space that looked out to the city. There weren't many cars out here tonight which was nice. Maybe it was because it was raining a little bit. I put the car in park and took the keys out of it.

"So what do you think?" I asked her as we had the view of the whole city of Los Angeles.

"It's breathtaking. Even if it's raining." She slightly giggled at that.

"That's what I thought when I first came up here." I said looking out into the city with her.

"I'm sure gonna miss this place when I go." She looks down at her hands that were on her lap. I lifted her chin up and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't be sad tonight Demi. It's our night and we should make the most of it. You're gonna be going to New York which is a great city as well with probably an amazing view just like this. You'll come back soon don't worry." She smiles and kisses me for a little bit.

"Thanks. I'm starving what do you have packed?" She looks into the backseat and brings up the picnic basket. I started grabbing the food out and we started to eat them.

"It really is breathtaking." She said in between bites. She was almost done and so was I. "Especially the way the fog casts over the buildings." She pointed it out to me.

"Yeah it really is." I grab the grapes out of basket and I feed them to her. She does the same for me. We then threw grapes into each others mouth. We were both so terrible at it but we kept laughing and kept throwing grapes at one another. I'm pretty sure I only caught one and Demi caught none. We then picked up the rest of the grapes from the car.

"I think I saw my gift back there. I really wanna know what it is." She said.

"You said we'd give them to each other at the end of the night. So be it." I told her.

"I wanted to give you mine at the end of the night. You can give me yours now if you want.." She slightly bit her lip and gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." I gave into her after a while. I reached in the back and grabbed her gift. She read the card first out loud.

"Demi, Happy one year anniversary. Even though I can't spend the day with you, I'm glad I got to spend it with you now. You've made me the happiest I've ever been in my life. This year I spent with you is one I will never forget and will always remember. We've had our ups and down but I'm glad we stuck through it together and fought for one another. I'll never forget the time you came to my house with the batch of cookies to welcome me and my family into the neighborhood. I knew from that moment forward that there was something different about you from when I first felt your touch. I knew that we were gonna be together. It seemed as if my whole future was flashed before my eyes and my future was with you. I got you this gift as a symbol of our love." She stopped right there and unwrapped the gift. Her eyes widened when she saw what it was. I smiled seeing her so shocked. She held it in her hands as if it were the most precious thing she has ever held.

"Y-you got this f-for me?" I nodded "This must have costed you a fortune. You didn't have to do this for me Joe."

"But I wanted to Demi. You mean a lot to me Demi and I would buy and spend as much money on you as I want because that's how much you mean to me and that's how much I love you." She smiled with tears gleaming from her eyes.

"Read the rest of it there's more." She wiped the falling tears from her cheeks and read the rest of the card."

"The Cartier love bracelet is designed to be opened only using a special screwdriver that is supplied with every bracelet. It's also in the form of a necklace, allowing the bracelet to be "locked" onto the person while the key is kept around the neck of another as a symbol of commitment to their relationship. I wish you the best in New York and I'm excited to see you fullfill your dream and go after it. It's gonna be a rough 4 years but I know we can get through this together. Together forever. You and me. I'll remember my promises I made to you back to when I met you and I will still keep them and never break them. I'll keep them forever. Happy anniversary. Love Joe." By this time she was crying. She put the card down and hugged me tightly. We held onto each other for a while. She put her lips to mine and kissed me for a while as I kissed her back. She withdrew her lips and put her forehead against mine.

"I love you." She let it out softly. I kissed her again and pulled back.

"I love you. And i'll love you forever. You and me."

"You and me." She repeated after me. She crawled onto my lap as she held the bracelet wanting it to put it on.

"Do you really have the key?" I pulled the necklace out from my neck to show her that I indeed had it. I unlocked the bracelet and put it on her before I tied the screws back so it would stay secure.

"It's beautiful." She admired the gold colored bracelet. "Thank you." She kissed me again.

"You're welcome." I smiled at her. We spent another hour up here talking, cuddling, and kissing. I was sure gonna miss her and those lips.

"I just can't stop looking at it. I love it so much." She said looking down at it.

"I'm getting the feeling you love this bracelet more than you love me." She threw her head back laughing and ran her fingers through my head as I put my hands on her thighs.

"I could never love something or someone more than I love you." She pecked my lips. I slowly started to put my hand up further to her thigh. Her dress was teasing me and I wanted her bad. When it almost got to her upper thigh, she grabbed my hand and held it tightly.

"Joseph. No." She told me as if I were a kid. She let go of my hand and I did it again. This time she smacked my hand.

"Joe I said no." She said again.

"Damn. I was hoping I would get lucky tonight."

"Maybe. But if you keep this up you probably won't." She smacked my hand again and got back in her seat. The fog was getting thicker now.

"We should probably get you home since it's getting late and the fog is getting thicker." I said looking out the window as I put on my seatbelt.

"Good idea." I started up the car and went down the mountain cautiously. When we made it down the mountain, we were back on a one lane freeway. The fog down here was thick as well making it harder to see what was ahead.

"This fog is really thick." I started to speed up a little so we can get home a bit faster.

"I know it wasn't this thick when we left was it?" I asked her.

"No." There was only one lane on each side. One going one direction and another going in the opposite direction. I put one of my hands on Demi's thigh again and inched it up.

"Joe come on." She slightly bit her lip.

''I can't help it if your dress teaes me like that." I inched my hand up more to where the buckle of the seatbelt was. I ran one of my fingers to her core as the rest of my fingers massaged her thigh.

"Joe.." She let out a moan as she said my name. I wanted her to do it again. I averted my eyes to her and did it again. We both got lost in the moment.

"JOE!" As I looked up and stared at the road. A giant semi truck was going full force and I grabbed onto the wheel and swerved but it was too late. The truck hit us and since the roads were slippery, the car spun and we crashed into a pole or a tree. The windows shatterted and the front of the car was totally smashed. Everything happened so fast I didn't know what happened. My head hit the side of the window which caused it to break a while later. and I hit my head on the steering wheel pretty hard. My leg started to hurt so much I had to yell in pain. It felt as if someone just grabbed it as if it were a doll and bent it. The thumping pain was too much. My arm hurt just as much maybe even more. My vision was starting to get warry and I couldn't quite focus. When the car was crashing I saw Demi's body getting flown and tossed like a doll. I looked over at Demi and she didn't look so good either. What looked like a giant piece of glass cut her forehead. Her dress and legs were stained blood red, covering her whole body. She sat there in a pool of her own blood. Her head was crushed and she didn't look like the Demi she did minutes ago. She looked as if she wasn't breathing. Tears were quickly flooding my eyes.

"Demi!" I looked at her. I tried to stay calm and I tried to see if she was okay. She layed there silently and not responding for what seems like forever.

"Demi! Please! Wake up this isn't funny anymore!" I was screaming at her. She wasn't responding and I was starting to panic even more.

"Demi!!!" I screamed and shook her a little more. "Don't go!! Stay with me!! Open your eyes please!!" I was screaming and crying, but it was different. The cries and screams were something I've never heard come out of me before and didn't know I had in me. I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless. I felt as if I've been staying here for hours and no one came for us yet. If she dies I don't know what I'd do with myself. I can't risk losing her. We sat there for what seemed like hours. I held her in my arms.

"Demi! Wake up please!! They're gonna be here soon. Stay with me." My vision started to get fuzzy and my world then went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 901 26
Chelsea Jonas Lovato, the little girl that was kept silent. Demi Lovato watched over her baby the best she could to keep her away from Joe Jonas who...
263K 6.5K 95
Spencer Lowe, just another girl on the streets. Demi Lovato, just another popstar on a stage. Demi has a secret no one but her family and Joe Jonas k...
2.8K 117 12
This is a Jemi short story. I wrote it a few years ago. I have on my youtube channel. It is based on a song that I really like. The song is called...
175K 2.5K 200
Demi and Joe are happily married and have two beautiful little girls. A new family member on the might be on the way. Cover made by @MyRevivalXO