I Promise {Jemi}

By holyjemi

Joe and his family just moved across the country for his father's new job. Demi is the girl across the street... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 48

652 17 2
By holyjemi

*April 25th, 2014*

Demi

I zipped up my bag I was taking with me to New York. I looked around my room knowing that soon I would have to pack up a majority of the things with me soon and send them to my room. I finally got the chance to talk to my roomate. Her name was Ariana and she seemed really nice. She, like me, is gonna be a music major as well. I'm glad the school paired us up together. I knew we would be good friends. I made sure I had everything I needed even though the orientation wouldn't be until the 28th. My flight leaves on Sunday so it didn't leave me much time to pack. Even if I was gonna be there for only a few days. It's crazy how fast time's moving and how soon it would be until I graduate. Just as I was getting lost into my thoughts my phone rang. I answered it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey beautiful. What are you doing today?" Joe asked me through the phone.

"Just packing for the orientation Monday." I told him.

"You don't have anything planned?"

"Nope. Why?"

"I need to go down to USC to do some paper work for the dorms and everything. You wanna come with me?" I mean why not. I didn't have anything else planned so might as well.

"Yeah. I'll go with you. I'd like to see where you're gonna be the next 4 years."

"Great. I'll come by in a bit." We then both hung up the phone. I decided to wear a sweater and leggings today with my black boots. It was still a bit wet from the rain and it was sprinkling outside. I went downstairs and told my parents I would be leaving in a few minutes.

"Did you pack your clothes for the orientation yet?" My mom reminded me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. I just got that done." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Okay. I can't believe my baby is gonna be going to NYU. Feels like just yesterday you were that little girl who told me you wanted to go to NYU." My mom got emotional and came to hug me I lightly chuckled and hugged her back.

"And now my little girl is all grown up. Almost ready to graduate high school and go onto college." My dad piped in. He seemed to be getting emotional as well as he choked up the last few words. I started to laugh.

"Dad are you crying?" My mom started to join me in the laughing.

"No.. Just allergies." He sniffled. Then the doorbell rang and I went to go get the door. Once I saw it was Joe, I hugged my parents goodbye and we both left and started to go to USC.

"Wow this campus is so nice. And huge." Joe just finished his paperwork for his dorm, which was nice and spacious. Apparently he was going to get a roomate too which he was pretty thrilled about. We were now walking around the campus. I was admiring how nice it was and how everything seemed to be out of brick. From their school buildings to the ground. Their library was also huge and looked like something out of a Harry Potter movie. Everything here was so school spirited. Even the little pedestrian bicyclist had a trojan helmet on which Joe and I found pretty funny.

"So have you changed your mind about going to NYU and coming here with me instead?" He said jokingly.

"Nope. As nice and expensive this place is, NYU is still better." He laughed at my statement. We took a picture in front of Tommy the Trojan and then started to leave the school.

"Where to now since it looks like it's starting to rain again." I looked at the windows and noticed the rain droplets hitting the windows.

"Let's just drive around." He started the car to get it heated up. He got onto the freeway and I looked out the window seeing all the business buildings of LA.

"I'm excited for tomorrow." I smiled at him. He glanced at me and smiled back.

"I am too and I hope you like where I'm taking you." He then turned the windshield wipers on because of the rain.

"Which is where?" I turned slighly towards him.

"I can't say. It's still a secret." I let out a groan and he laughed.

"Can you at least tell me if I should dress nice or not in case we are going to some fancy dinner?"

"We're not going for a fancy dinner but I still want you to dress nice. But not too nice." He exaggerated the too part. I nodded.

"Alright. Can you believe we're graduating soon? I mean we finally get to leave that hell hole." He laughed when I said that.

"Yeah. I can't wait to leave. But not leave you." He grabbed my hand and fiddled with my fingers.

"I can't wait to walk that stage with you in our cap and gowns and finally get that diploma. And at least you weren't there for all 4 years of highschool."

"True. But I'm glad you bumped into me in the hallway on my first day and I'm glad I made that decision to sit next to you in class." He smiled at me.

"I am too." Remembering his first day at my school. "Do you think it's gonna rain tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Probably the news said so at least." I looked out the window and noticed it was now windy outside as the palm trees were wildly blowing in the wind.

"Darn. I wish it didn't. It would make the day a whole lot nicer."

"It is nice knowing that I get to spend it with you." I smiled inwardly to myself. "Be safe in New York for your school orientation. And call me when you land. I wanna know you made it there safetly."

"You're saying this as if you won't say goodbye to me at the airport before I go?" I questioned him. Was he really not gonna say bye to me before I left?

"No I'll be there I just wanted to tell it to you now. Don't worry I'll be there. There's no way I'm gonna miss saying goodbye to you before you leave for your flight." We ended up driving to Joe's house and we quickly ran into his house before we could get soaked. He opened the door and we walked in. His parents greeted us at the door.

"I'll be right back." Joe said and went up to his room. Denise and I talked for a bit in the kitchen.

"So Demi, I heard you're going to NYU and you're leaving Sunday for a school orientation. You must be excited." She said while brewing some coffee in a coffee pot.

"Yeah I'm pretty excited. My parents got a bit emotional about it." I chuckled a little.

"Well I'm very happy for you. I know music is something you want to do in life. Joe's played me a couple of your songs. Your music really speaks to people and it's so inspiring." She handed me a cup of coffee. I smiled at her compliment.

"Thank you that means a lot to me and I hope it does speak to people cause I want to make a difference in people's lives and I believe I was given a voice for more than just singing."

"That's so true sweetie. And I know it's gonna be tough for you and Joe with the distance and everything but I believe you two will be just fine." She smiled at me really warming my heart.

"I hope so too. I'll miss him a lot but I know we're gonna be okay in the end." After chatting with Denise for a little while longer Joe came into the kitchen and we headed up to his room. I noticed the acoustic guitar on his bed and furrowed my eyebrows. We headed towards his bed and I picked it up inspecting it.

"This looks really nice." I told him and strummed a few cords.

"I wanted to tell you that I've been writing a few things.." He looked down at his feet. I looked up at him in shock.

"Really? I thought you didn't want to be a musician." I asked him. This surprised me a little since he told me music isn't really his thing.

"I don't. But a few words popped into my head and then this happened. I haven't picked up this guitar in ages. I guess you could say.. I got inspired." He smiled and looked at me when he said that. I handed him the guitar.

"Can I hear you play something?" I asked him in a pleading tone.

"If only you play me something afterwards." He grabbed the guitar and sat down on the bed with a piece of paper that had words on it. Probably the lyrics.

"I promise." I told him. He mellowed down and started to strum the chords as I listened to him carefully giving him my full attention.

If the heart is always searching, can you ever find a home? I've been looking for that someone, I'll never make it on my own. Dreams can't take the place of loving you, there's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.

When you look me in the eyes,and tell me that you love me. Everything's alright, when you're right here by my side. When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heaven. I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes.

How long will I be waiting to be with you again? Gonna tell you that I love you, in the best way I can. I can't take a day without you here, you're the light that makes my darkness disappear. He smiled when he sang that line for me. I couldn't help but to smile the whole time. He really was an amazing singer and those lyrics were just so beautifully written. He totally had a chance in the music industry. He finished playing the song and I felt at any moment I was ready to burst into tears.

"Joe that was so beautiful. I love it. I think you'd make a great song writer if you don't wanna be a musician some day." I told him as he wiped away a tear that went down my cheek. He kissed the tip of my nose.

"Thanks. It was written for you." My heart flutterted when he told me. I couldn't help to smile even more. He handed me the guitar.

"Your turn." He chuckled.

"Okay well I'm still working on this one. So bare with me on it if it's bad."

"I highly doubt it would be bad. Your music is amazing." He encouraged me. I got ready to play.

Our love runs deep like a chevy. If you fall I'll fall with you baby cause that's the way we like to do it. That's the way we like.

You run around open doors like a gentleman, and tell me girl, everyday you're my everything. Cause that's the way you like to do it that's the way you like.

Just a little west coast and a bit of sunshine hair blowin in the wind losing track of time just you an I. Just you and I. Woah, woah.

No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know, I want you back, and I won't have it any other way. No matter what the people say, I know that we'll never break. Cause our love was made, made in the USA, made in the USA, yeah

You're always reading my mind like a letter. When I'm cold, you're there like a sweater. Cause that's the way you like to do it. That's the way you like.

I'll never ever let the world get the best of you. Every night we're apart I'm sitll next to you cause that's the way I like to do it, that's the way I like.

We touchdown on the east coast. Dinner on the sky rise, winter is the best time for walking on the city lights you and I, you and I. Woah, woah. I continued playing the song and looked up at Joe every now then. His smile was lightened up when he saw me play and he had that sparkle in his eyes showing amazement. I finished the song and his smile got wider.

"I don't think you need to change anything. It's perfect the way it is." It made me smile when he said that.

"Thanks. I wrote that one for you." He pulled me to him and put his hands over mine that were on the guitar.

"You know maybe one day we should write and sing together." He suggested.

"I would like that very much. And maybe one day you'll have a music career." I smiled up at him.

"Maybe but I doubt it. We'll have to see about that one." He brushed my lips lightly with his.

"Promise you'll at least look into it? You're gifted Joe. That song you wrote and your voice. It would be ashame to see it go to waste. So you promise?" I held out my pinky to him. He smiled cause he finally gave in and we linked pinky's.

"I promise Demi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 771 36
{Book 1/2} Demi and her mom have just moved to Massachusetts for a new start and to help Demi move on from what happened in her past. Both of Demi's...
10K 149 12
Jemi has been happening behind all of your backs, that's right a relationship that the media hasn't even figured out. Demi dated Wilmer to stop any h...
26.2K 901 26
Chelsea Jonas Lovato, the little girl that was kept silent. Demi Lovato watched over her baby the best she could to keep her away from Joe Jonas who...
2.8K 171 45
BASED ON A TRUE STORY!!!! Demi is a young girl who's never been in love. Joe is a hopeless romantic who just got out of a toxic relationship. Watch w...