I Promise {Jemi}

By holyjemi

Joe and his family just moved across the country for his father's new job. Demi is the girl across the street... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 34

666 20 3
By holyjemi

*Winter break*

Joe

It was winter break so we had a couple weeks off. I wanted to make these couple weeks special for Demi and I. And I knew exactly what I was going to do. My family today wanted to pick a tree for Christmas and do all the decorations and stuff so I asked Demi to join me. I wanted to make the most of this for the both of us before... she leaves. I put on a clean shirt, jeans, and sneakers. I put on a black beanie and my glasses and grabbed my jacket. Someone then knocked on my door.

"It's open." I said while I grabbed my phone and wallet. Nick came in.

"Your girlfriend is here and she's been waiting for you. Mom's showing her the baby album. It was my idea." I backhanded Nick in the head.

"You idiot I'll get you back." I quickly went downstairs to the living room where I heard Demi's infectious laughter and I went behind them and saw the photo of me in the bathtub. My eyes instantly widened.

"I think that's enough, Mom you've embarrased me enough." I grabbed the book from them and shut it.

"Okay we should get going." My dad said and we all started walking to the car to go and get our tree.

"Those were some pretty adorable pictures of you and your bowl haircut." Demi teased while she got in the backseat. I climbed in with her.

"Shut up." I playfully shoved her.

We got to the tents with all the trees and tried picking some out. I held onto Demi's hand when we were looking at trees.

"What about this one?" Frankie pointed out.

"Frank, it's too big to fit in our house." I told him. He frowned and we kept looking.

"I love the smell of these trees. It's like being in the forest." Demi took in a whisk of the air.

"Yeah it does feel like it." We kept looking at trees and Nick was in front of us walking backwards.

"I personally don't like this. Too many spiders and spiderwebs." Nick said sounding grossed out.

"Like that one behind you?" I said jokingly. Nick screamed like a girl and ran away from the tree until he realized it was joke. Demi threw her head back laughing.

"Not cool man. You know I hate spiders and shit like that." Nick slapped Joe in the back. Demi was still laughing.

"That's what you get for bringing the baby album. Now we're even." I said. I looked at Demi as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Boys..." She let go of my hand and went to go look at the trees. I then tried catching up to her and put my arm around her once I got next to her.

"I love picking out trees I mean it's just so fun." Demi said cheerfully. I chuckled.

"Maybe one day when we get our own place we can pick one out." I told her.

"You mean when we get married?" Demi said somewhat worryingly.

"Yeah. I don't want to scare you and push you to get ready for the future, but I can't imagine myself with anyone but you. I can't imagine myself having kids with anyone but you. You and only you." Demi seemed a little worried after what I just told her. She seemed almost panicked.

"Y-you want to have kids with me?" She stuttered out.

"Only when you're ready but yes. I honestly can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone but you Demi. You and me. I promise." I told her holding out my pinky. She put her pinky up and locked it with mine.

"You and me." She repeated with a grin.

Demi

We're now back at Joe's house with the tree and everything. When he told me all of that I was scared and worried to be honest. I was also surprised when he said he couldn't imagine himself with anyone else but me. He said he also wanted to have kids with me. I mean I guess it would be nice to have a little Joe or a little Demi around, but right now I just wanted to focus on now and on college before any of this even happens. I tried to push the thought to the back of my head. Joe, his brothers, and his dad brought the tree inside and put it by the fireplace. It was perfect.

"Demi, would you like to help Joe set up the tree?" Denise offered as I was just sitting on the couch.

"Yeah sure I would love to." I got up and went towards Joe and the box by the tree with all the ornaments and lights.

"You wanna help?" Joe asked. I nodded my head grabbing the lights as they were tangled up.

"This is going to take forever. The lights are all tangled." Joe then helped me untangle the lights. We ended up wrapping ourselves together.

"I don't think this worked." Joe chuckled. We were a centimeter a part. I could feel the warmth of his body.

"You don't say?" I said sarcastically trying to unwrap ourselves.

"Stop unwrapping it's no use. I guess we have to stay like this forever." Joe sat down on the floor and being tangled with him, I was forced to sit down too. He still managed however to pull me up onto his lap.

"Well I wouldn't really mind." I said chuckling wrapping my arms around his neck. He lightly brushed his lips onto mine. I smiled through the kiss and he did too.

"What happened to you guys? Did you get tangled together now when you tried untanging it?" We pulled away and I nodded. "Hold on let me get my camera and take a picture of this. You guys look adorable." Joe groaned and I lightly laughed. We then took the picture and Denise helped us untangle ourselves. She made it seem a lot easier. Joe and I then started decorating the tree and once we were done he put the star up. We turned off the lights and the tree glowed many colors.

"Good job you two the tree looks great!" Denise complimented us. "Now come help me make the cookies." We followed her into the kitchen. Joe and I were frosting the cookies.

"This is pretty fun." I said smiling frosting my cookies.

"Yeah hey Demi look." I turned my head and the next thing I knew I got red frosting on my face.

"Joe!" I grabbed some of my green frosting and wiped it on his face as he tried to fight back. I got some on his face and neck. He then put more frosting on me.

"This seems like the time we got icecream on one another." Joe said. I remember that day well.

We got to the counter and ordered our icecream. We went to go take a seat in the booth. Joe and I on one side and Maddie on the other. I got cookie dough and Joe got chocolate.

"Hey Joe try some." I said to him. He turned his head and the next thing he knew he got icecream on his cheek. Maddie and I both started laughing.

"Well here Demi I think you would like mine more." He whipped his chocolate icecream and put in on my nose and face.

"You guys are like kids. First getting tangled in the lights and now this." Denise said to us.

"Sorry Mrs. Jonas." I replied. She gave us some towels to wipe the frosting off of us.

"Well it looks like we're even now from last time." Joe smirked. I hit him playfully and went back to frosting the cookies.

Joe

Demi and I were cuddled up in the living room with a blanket on us watching a movie. She was slowly falling asleep. I softly played with her hair.

"Are you tired?" I asked her. She sleepily nodded. I helped her sit up.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I asked her wrapping the blanket around her.

"My parents said I could stay. I asked them earlier." I nodded.

"Well lets get to bed." I stood up from the sofa and started walking.

"Joe carry me." She whined. I went back to her and carried her bridal style. She wrapped her arms around my neck. When we got to my room she already fell asleep. I chuckled lightly. I layed her down on my bed and I changed into my pajama pants and a white shirt. I climbed into bed next to her and kissed her lightly on the forehead. I pulled her closer to me and I soon fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 5.1K 63
A story about two brothers, Joe and Nick Jonas and a girl, named Demi, who comes into their lives. Everyone wants to be somebody to someone.
19K 663 10
Demi Lovato was kicked out of her house when she was eighteen and now Joe has found her living her life on the streets. So to keep her safe he offers...
26.1K 901 26
Chelsea Jonas Lovato, the little girl that was kept silent. Demi Lovato watched over her baby the best she could to keep her away from Joe Jonas who...
Dear Nick By J

Fanfiction

102K 5.1K 45
Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato have known each other since they were six years old, having grown up next door to each other their entire lives. They were...