His Majesty And I ✔️

By Sunset_vermont

To His Majesty, It is in the middle of the night and I keep tossing and turning. To relieve my mind and hope... More

♛ ♛ INTRODUCTION ♛ ♛
♛ ♛REFERENCES♛♛
Bloody Love
For Love
Silence Him
Ours, Oren
Courtesan In Red
Handkerchief Love
Lettered Cure
Blood Spoon
Cold Fragrance
The Person
Celebratory Tea
||Meet & Greet||
Dancing Red
His Woman
Dragon And I
You Need Me
His Concubine
Sneakish Love
His Favourite
After
Lady Tulip
Eyes Closed
Good News
Puppet Princess
Being a Hougong Woman
Qin, Wine, Poems
Kneels And Bows
More Than Just a Game
Tea Leaves
Mistress From Hell
Give Back
|Recap|
Pins And Needles
Noble Lady
Imperial Concubine
Very Very Cute
Incognito
Freedom
How Is He?
Say The Word
Honey On The Sore
Hidden Skeletons
Fireflies
Truth And Lies
Spilt Milk
King And I
Wingnalia
Mistress Love
Sweet Dao
Expelled Princess
Grand Surprise
||Let's Talk||
Blossoming Love
Promises, Promises.
Devil's gyrate
Lion and Weasel
Puppets And Punishment
Unlike You
Two Moons
Floating Clouds
The Aftermath
Caged Animal
The Man And I
To Win. To Lose.
||Chapter Giveaway||
Waving Good-bye
Lunatic Love
Wild Prenominition
Prodigal Son
Laws Of Nature
||Questions Answered||
After The Loss
Thread
Burying The Hatchet
Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Smelling Freedom
Black Sword Academy
New Life
Decisions
Sleeping Forever
Bloody King
Should Be There
Greener Grass
Validation
Please...
Laugh Out Loud
Secrets
Meaningless But Useful
Your Majesty

I Would Never

7.6K 295 147
By Sunset_vermont

Dear New Reader!

Thank you for deciding to try my book. I'm so honored. Just have to emphasize that you start with EMPEROR AND I, as this is a sequel. Your mind will become marshmallow if you try to read this without reading the other, first. There are so many characters, and it's essential to know their back story.

To the older readers, I know it's now the second year reading this book. So you might have forgotten some stuff. Don't be shy to ask for clarification if unsure about something or find yourself confused; I will even give a chapter reference

:)

Enjoy!
______________________

Chapter 1

Commoner Li Lian
Princess Le-anne
The palace

Is there anything in your life that you have ever taken for granted? Was it something that you didn't know you cared for until you were at the brink of losing it? These were the questions that were about to cross Li Lian's mind on this fateful night.

Li Lian couldn't catch her breath as she wrestled with the chains. She was on her third trial of having the locks broken. Here she was in front of the steel gates that would set the Furia prisoners free, yet she was there to set the people of Huticah free. It didn't make sense to her either.

She wanted to run to the next dungeon cell and have her Huticah people go. But yet, she couldn't have her feet run there. The whimpering of pain that came from the Furian prisoners was making her lose her sanity. She couldn't bear to have them locked up there any moment longer. It was like the pain of these people was hers too.

"Please, please set us free!" They all lowly mumbled looking at her with hope. "Oh, our savior has come." The place was dark, so she relied on the guard who held the lamp for her. He was part of the rescuing team she came with.

"Your Highness, sorry to intrude but we are opening the wrong gate. The people in this dungeon cell are from Furia." He tried to gently correct her.

"I know." General Feng told her time and time again before they left that she must open the back gate for the Huticah people. "I figured we could rescue them both."

"But Your Highness, time is not on our side. The Nevorian reinforcements will be here at any moment, and in that case our military won't be able to hold them back."

"Will you keep it quiet? You are distracting me."

She was almost there. One, two, three and she did it! The lock opened. Quickly, she untangled the chains and opened the gate.

"We are free!"

"Thank you for having us free. Furia women are mighty." She is not from Furia though.

"Our queen came to our rescue."

What were they saying? She was no queen of theirs. "If you don't want to find yourself back inside you better start running," she smiled shyly. Some bundled her into a hug, excited to have their freedom back.

She quickly picked her tools and ran over to the back, the escorting guard right behind. Inside the back dungeon cell was about twenty prisoners, the Furian prisoners were far less. This place reeked of human waste compared to the other. Nevoria hated Huticah than Furia, thus they were probably not allowed to relieve themselves outside their dungeon cell. Imagine having to sleep and eat by your waste. They were locked up to rot.

'Yuwen Hong, you are really the devil, aren't you?' These people did nothing to him and he had them live such inhuman lives.

"About time someone shows up," one of the people behind bars grumbled. Difference between the Huticah people and Furians? Gratitude. The latter were not self entitled idiots.

"Look at that! The Furians have been set free! Get the traitors!" Someone yelled from the dungeon entrance. The situation was not as favorable anymore, the reinforcements had arrived.

"Yes General! Get the traitors!" The military servicemen shouted in unison. Right after, feet shuffled in their direction.

Think fast Li Lian, run or keep trying to rescue these ungrateful idiots.

Snap! Someone twisted the neck of the guard that held the lamp for her. The glass sheltered lamp crushed on the concrete floor. She was in the process of looking up when she was snatched from behind. The person lifted her and tossed her onto some broad strong shoulders, still holding her tight. Her face began to gallop as the kidnapper ran.

Whoever it was, he had picked the wrong person. She indiscreetly slid her hand to her waist, reaching for her concealed sharp knife. The man carrying her, jumped and landed untidily, making her head collide with a wall.

"Ouch!" Arg, where was he taking her? Did he realise that he almost knocked her out?

He took snaking paths, sharp turns and meandered by the walls. Concrete floor became dusty roads, then stony paths. The full moon helped her make that out, at least. It was a little cold outside because it recently rained.

She was disoriented but still determined. If she took out her knife and stabbed him, she could make it alive at the agreed meeting place with General Feng.

When he slowed his pace down, she started to make out the strong minty scent surrounding him. It was coated with the musky ylang ylang that tantalised her senses, and without doubt she was convinced about the identity of the person carrying her. Now this had her think twice about stabbing him.

Li Lian was contemplating whether she could live with being the murderer of the person she once proposed to marry, when he threw her to the ground. The low cut grass provided a safe landing for her buttocks. Checking around, she recognised the imperial garden.

"I used to come here to think about you," the person who got her out had his back to her. His voice was raspy, nevertheless sexy as she remembered.

Yuwen Hong. Bai Shen Hong. Emperor Huizhong.

It was last month that she last saw him, yet he was still fit. The outline of his body was etched in her mind, could she forget him? But why was she thinking like this? She must have read too many of those romance books.

She got up, unsheathing the sword that was slung on her back. With this man, that small knife was not good enough. Weapons upfront first, and they could talk after.

"What are you doing here Elora?" He ignored the sword pointing at him. It didn't faze him any bit.

Something wasn't right. "Why did you rescue me from your men?"

"Because it makes no difference who catches you first, me or them, your destination is going to be the same."

We shall see about that. She would rather die than be Nevoria's prisoner again. It was not like this was her first time to fight for freedom.

"Answer me. Why did you come here with those low lives I just killed? Don't tell me you are from Huticah too? " There was a hint of panic in his voice.

'Yes, Yuwen Hong. You fell for a girl whose father murdered your father.'

"I came with no one. I'm the definition of independence."

"Yet you set the Furians free?" He took a step toward her. The sword nudged his chest. "Queen Elora sent you?"

Her hand was shaking. She knew how to kill, though she hadn't murdered any person yet, she knew how to kill. This was reassurance for her unsure mind.

"No one sent me." The less she said, the more questions she could get away from, unanswered.

"If you came here carelessly thinking that you would get away easily because of how I feel... how I felt for you, you are highly mistaken."

"Why would I think that? I am a woman capable of saving myself." Her hand almost buckled, making her sentence a joke. She was in big trouble.

He grinned, chuckling. "At least one of your many lies is telling."

Li Lian was in the midst of accumulating a response when he swiftly reached behind, and as reflex, without thinking afar she shoved the sword into him. His head was looking down to where he was taking out something, and at the jarring pain, he acutely snapped back at her.

She will never forget the emotions that crossed his face when he looked up at her. Surprise, shock, betrayal, and hurt. Immense hurt.

"I really hate you, but I would never... I would never... intreat you like this," he choked on blood, his knees wobbling.

"Yuwen Hong?"

His feet lost power and he fell to the ground.

She watched in terror, blood gushing from his stomach wound. "Yuwen Hong, no...  no!" She couldn't quite make out whether his eyes were still open. She went on the ground and shook him abruptly. "Yuwen Hong?"

He coughed, a pained wet cough. "This... this is yours." He held up her pendant.

Li Lian felt her ears heat up. It was like someone had just pulled a rug from beneath her feet. His intentions had never been close to hurting her. He wanted to return what belonged to her, yet she pierced him with a sword for it.

He was losing more strength, because his held up hand fell like a carcass, letting go of her pendant.

"No stay with me... Yuwen Hong. Stay with me."

She looked around. What was she to do with him? "Someone help!" She screamed into the air in frustration and pulled him to her. "You can't do this to me... no... you can't..."

Li Lian sobbed hard, fat tears sliding down her cheeks. "Don't do this to me. I didn't know. Don't do this to me...."

She fumbled for his garments, trying to stop the insistent blood with no avail. "Stay with me... please, don't leave me. Please... " At this point he was unresponsive. She fanned her finger in front of his nose, no breathing. She felt his neck for a pulse, it was faint. It can't be. It has to be a dream. Everything was happening so fast. Yuwen Hong can't be leaving her. Didn't he say he loved her? She put her head on his chest. No heartbeat.

Yuwen Hong was gone.

Author's Note

If you have been sharp, you will realise what I just did at the end. Kind of a trick. Who saw it? Nobody? Ok.

Started the book with a bang. Couldn't stop writing. Exciting beginning. I have been reading a lot of modern books, so I kind of lost my 'historical accent' when writing lol. Had to remind myself not to say 'oh my gosh' or 'damn'.

I hope you guys are excited!! Like somewhereunkown03 said, LET'S MAKE THIS BREAD!!

Yep! here we go

:)

S.V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...