Alpha Klayton | ✔️

By sunxmoon__

"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed... More

1 |
2 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
6 |
7 |
8 |
9 |
10 |
11 |
12 |
13 |
14 |
15 |
16 |
17 |
18 |
19 |
20 |
21 |
22 |
23 |
24 |
25 |
26 |
27 |
28 |
29 |
30 |
31 |
32 |
33 |
34 |
35 |
36 |
37 |
38 |
39 |
41 |
42 |
43 |
44 |
45 |
B O O K T W O

40 |

34.9K 1.4K 278
By sunxmoon__

I had thrown on another turtleneck and jeans, additionally sporting a black hat. In fact, my entire outfits was black, unintentionally. Right now I look like Kim Possible —except the fact that I'm trying to become the rightful Moon Goddess. So I guess if Kim Possible was an heir to a God, we would have a lot more in common.

Klayton had to leave to attend to some small pack business, nothing important, is what he told me. In the meantime, I had leisurely taken my time and was now walking back to my apartment. As I make my way up to the my door, I hear whispering. Coming from inside my own apartment. I quickly thrust open the door, ready to confront the assailant when I notice it's just Isaac and Lenna. I still scrunch my eyes in confusion.

"How the hell did you guys get in here? It was locked," My eyes dance between the two of them, back and forth. The culprits don't look surprised and are both just lounging on my couch —Isaac's arm slung across Lenna's shoulders while they watch a movie on my TV.

"Shhh," Lenna whispers distractedly. She's clearly really engrossed into the film in front of her. They both ignore me so I huff and make my way over and stand in front of my own TV, blocking their view from seeing anymore.

"Ah man!" Isaac shouts and gets up from my couch. "We literally just missed the best part, thanks a lot."

"You're joking right?" I ask the two of them. "You're in my goddamn apartment. Why couldn't you use your own TV?" I pointedly ask Lenna. She pouts and before she can respond, Isaac butts in.

"It uh, got broken. During one of our sexual encounters," He winks at me. I recoil from the two of them in disgust and they both burst out laughing, smiling ear to ear at one another. These goofs, I roll my eyes at the thought. They are pretty cute together though.

"You're both so annoying. And Isaac —why aren't you at the pack meeting? Klayton is," I shoot at him.

"It isn't that urgent, so I kind of just ditched it," He shrugs. Lenna nods in agreement.

"So you guys decided to hangout here? Fine, what are we watching?" I joke. "Lenna, go get the popcorn."

Lenna gets up and when she does I watch Isaac gaze at her with a small smile. As long as they're happy, I'm happy, I thought to myself. Issac makes himself more comfortably on the couch while I sit down.

"So, you smell like sex."

"Wow," I say sarcastically and lightly shoving him. "You don't beat around the bush, eh? I'm sure if I had supernatural smelling I could say the same about you," I lightly tease. He hums in response and a small laugh exits him.

"You're right. Well sex, cuddling, kissing —the works." I knew they did couple things, but had they really considered one another a couple? The train of thought leaves my mind as Issac cocks his head slightly, listening to something.

"What is it?" I ask.

He shakes his head in response. "Nothing I guess," A couple of minutes easily pass by, both of us just watching the film in front of us in a comfortable silence. Best friend goals.

"Lenna is taking forever," I huff. "How hard is it to microwave some popcorn?" I shake my head with a small chuckle. I get off the couch and start walking to the kitchen. "Hey Lenna! I'm going to be one-hundred years old by the time you finish cooking that popcorn," I joke as I round the corner into my kitchen. Lenna is facing away from me, toward my kitchen sink —completely silent. My eyebrows furrow in confusion and just before I reach for her, she turns around, staggering.

Red.

Blood.

Seeping from the front of her shirt, right under her breast bone. The shirt is soaked, and before I know it  Lenna falls onto both her knees gasping for breath. A spurt of blood comes dripping out of her mouth and she looks like she's choking. My lips trembles and I scream, so loud that I think the heavens can hear it. I drop to my own knees, soaking myself in her seeping blood and bring her to my own body.

"One-hundred?" A voice whispers from behind me. "You won't live nearly long enough,"

My vision is blurred through my tears and seconds later Isaac bursts his way into the kitchen. His eyes are wide and as soon as they lay on Lenna, a strangled cry comes from him. As I look to him, I see Artemis smiling with a long and sharp blade in her hand. Her fingers are running down the blade of it, Lenna's blood all over her hands the the knife. Issac is screaming, and Lenna tries to speak but more blood comes out of her mouth. My whole body is trembling as I tenderly hand Lenna over to Issac and I stand to face Artemis. His eyes are wild as he nods and then looks back down to Lenna. I grab another knife off my counter and hold it up to her, trembling. My entire body was covered in Lenna's blood, which was still warm. I can hear Issac mumbling "You're going to be okay," over and over to Lenna.

"I'm going to kill you!" I scream with tears down my face to Artemis.

"No you aren't," Artemis tells me with a mocking solemn look. "And I know what you have done. You shouldn't have done that Adira, and now you will suffer!" I don't wait for her to finish her sentence as I bring the knife forward, aiming to plunge her with it. I run forward and like magic, she avoids my efforts and is on the opposite side of the room where I once was.

My eyes quickly glance to the Lenna and Issac on the floor —Lenna's blood masking every surface of my small kitchen. Issac is frantically attempting to close her wound and before I know it, Artemis rapidly makes her way over to Issac, hovering over his body. He lays on the floor covering Lenna's body, and in a matter of seconds, Artemis plunged the knife into his back.

"No!" I scream and run over. Artemis vanished into thin air, and leaves me with my two best friends. Issac screams in agony, letting go of Lenna's body but still holding onto her hand. I reach for them and look at Lenna, pulling her face into my hands. Her eyes are open, yet completely void of any life.

She was dead.

The blood had pooled out of her stomach and some still out of her mouth, I turned from the sight and vomited on the floor. Heaving, I crawl over to Issac who lays screaming with his own blood oozing out of his back wounds.

"Wolfsbane! It's Wolfsbane!" He screams. "The blade was laced —It's poisonous,"

I leave the blade inside his back, hoping my decision is best so he will not bleed out. "Issac don't move," I sob as he wiggles and continues to screams in pain. I feel foreign arms begin to pull me up and I grab onto Isaacs hand —not letting go. The hands around me felt unfamiliar, and I swirl my head around to see who it is.

Pack members.

Isaac must have pack mind-linked them, or they may have even heard our screams from inside my apartment. Myersdale was crawling with wolves and a few were now in my apartment, surrounding the few of us. I'm hyperventilating as the situation is overwhelming me greatly, and I look to the wolves in panic. My dead best friend lays on the floor and Isaac as well, who now has passed out.

"I don't think he's breathing," one of the wolves lowly gasp, although I still hear it. However, those few words were the last I could hear before my eyes roll to the back of my head and I faint into darkness.

~

"Adira? Baby?" I hear faintly, my mind all groggy. "Can you hear me?" They ask. I groan in response, and tiredly peel open my eyes. I'm met with a bright light which makes me automatically tense and squeeze my eyes shut briefly once more.

"What the f—" I begin to say before my memories come flooding back. I gasp loudly and clutch my chest as I remember the pain of watching Lenna die, and Isaac also laying on the ground. Frantically, my eyes look up to those of Klayton's and he immediately knows what I'm saying without me having to communicate it through words.

"He's stable, and in another room. We're at the pack hospital; a small urgent care centre. We don't use it often due to the fact that Myersdale is mostly werewolves, but Isaac was poisoned with wolfsbane. He isn't healing as well as hoped, but right now he is responding well."

"So he's okay?" My eyes are searching Klaytons.

"I wouldn't say he's okay," he whispers back to me. Just now, I'm realizing the toll this has also taken on Klayton. He must have been called home immediately following this incident, but pack business is the least of my concerns. His red eyes that are slightly swollen indicate to me that he had been crying recently, and I bring my hand and put it in his.

"And Lenna?" I ask, although I know the answer. Klayton doesn't reply, and instead solemnly shakes his head. My lower lip trembles in despair, and I fight back another sob. This had to be some sort of dream.

My best friend —gone. Lenna was a spit fire, a ball of light amidst the darkness that ensued. She had been one of the first people to truly befriend me here, despite our differences. She invited me everywhere with open arms and a contagious smile, the one that always made you smile back. She was the type of girl to have wishful dreams about her mate and her uniting one day; their house full of kids that she chases around while laughing.

I end my trail of thought as hot tears spill down my cheeks. Klayton uses his thumb to gently wipe them away as his own eyes begin to well up. We both just hold eachother, and he gently slides into the bed with me. He positions himself behind me so he's spooning me, and we both just sniffle in our own thoughts,

But we still had each other.

~

"Isaac," I whisper as I walk into his room. He's laying on one of the beds, his upper torso completely bare and the rest under the blankets. I can see a sheen of sweat coating him as his head lazily turns to me. He cracks a half smile, but I see the pain lingering in his eyes. It probably mirrors my own.

"Hey Addy," he says lowly as he blinks really slowly. "Remember when we met? How crazy has our adventure been eh?" I stalk closer to him and grab one of his hands, squeezing it warmly. He's trembling.

"Our adventure has only just begun," I declare.

"D-Do you remember when we first met —at that store? I told you to be careful; how some of us bite," I nod, remembering. "I guess some of us get stabbed too," he winces and sweat pools at his brows.

A mixture of a sob and a laugh comes from me. Only he would try to make a joke out of such a horrendous situation.

"Where is she?" Isaac asks, his eyes boring into mine with a scrutiny. We both knew who he was talking about —we both knew she was dead.

"H-Her body is at the morgue," I whisper as tears spill. His face twists in agony and a sob releases form him. He clutched onto his chest in pain, taking quick breathes and hyperventilating. "Isaac! Stop! Your body can't handle this!" I shout, tears spilling down my own face as I try to hold onto him. My hands leave his and I grab his face, turning him to look at me. His hands cradle up to his chest as he sobs, and I let his head rest on my chest; pulling him to me as I now lay beside him. I start to stroke his head gently as he cries, and I'm releasing my own shaky breath.

"I loved her," he lowly whispers after a while. His body is trembling from the poison still, and his own grief. "She wasn't mine —but I loved her."

"Not everything is black and white," I whisper back. Fresh tears coat his face as he looks up to me and blinks.

"Addy, you mean a lot to me. I know you've really just come into our lives this past year but you've changed things —Myersdale. Klayton. The pack. Me," I squeeze him tighter; I never want to let him go.

"Don't —just don't. I can't sit here and listen to you say these things. You aren't saying goodbye," I whisper to him. "We can talk about this when you're all healed. Have the doctors given you anything? Some sort of medicine to stop this?" I ask as my eyebrows crease in concern. He slowly nods in understanding, yet when his eyes meet mine I see that he is also withdrawing something from me.

"They gave me something for the pain," is all he replies.

"And the cure?" I press, my puffy red eyes staring deep into his.

"There isn't one," a voice calls from the door of the room we were in. My head snaps towards the pink hair she bore, and her uncanny black outfit. I immediately look back toward Isaac who seems relaxed —he knew.

"There's no cure?" I whisper in horror. "Destiny, you have to do something."

"Even some things are out of my control. This was his destiny. He was poisoned by wolfsbane..." She says lowly, shaking her head in sympathy towards the two of us.

"Do something!" I scream. Destiny purses her lips and a harsh sigh comes out. She glides to where I was leaning over Isaac and puts her hands on his face.

"Isaac," she starts. "Ask me anything. Whatever you want to know, I will tell you." My mouth drops open at her insinuation. She was giving him a final death wish. His eyes shoot to mine, before darting back to her. I stand up, walking to the door to give him some privacy. I slightly close the door, but leave just enough of an opening to be able to see inside. She hold his face, caressing it, however she held no emotion; she's seen too much death before. Her face remains stoic as he releases a shaky breath.

"My mate," he breathes quiet and slow. "Who is she? Tell me about her,"

I hold in my startled gasp and my blurred eyes danced between the two of them. Destiny sighs with a sadness I hadn't anticipated. Isaac's eyes close as he shuffles around on the bed in pain, a low groan emitting from him.

"Her name is Everleigh," she whispers. Isaac keeps his eyes closed —envisioning her every words as she continues. "She has long curly wisps of strawberry blonde hair. Stands at about 5'6 —a bit shorter than you," He smiles and lowly laughs. "She's about two-years younger than you as well, and she's been dreaming about meeting you for the longest time. Her favourite thing to do is go for runs, and to hunt. She has the most beautiful white wolf."

"Our wolves could run together," he mumbles with his eyes still closed. A smile dances on his face, and I see a single hot tear slide down his cheek. "Thank you," he whispers. Everything is silent for a moment; which turns into minutes.

Destiny is now standing beside the bed, and turns directly to face me through the small crack; remorse and shame etched onto her expression.

"You can stop hiding from us," she whispers. "He stopped breathing."

PLEASE VOTE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 8.7K 64
⭐Highest rank: #194 in Werewolf on 20/06/2020 ⭐#1 in projectwerwolves ⭐Featured in the @Werewolf profile under Werewolf Romance [Completed on: 13 Jul...
1.9M 77.8K 60
"I call bullshit." Digging my finger into his broad chest, I met his intense stare without an ounce of fright, "I've been calling bullshit for the pa...
314K 12.8K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
124K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...