The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 32 Chores

243 14 4
By Josalen144

A/N S'up y'all! I wanted to update earlier but I was really busy. Even though it's my birthday, I wanted to give you guys the gift of an update! Sorry I've been gone for a while lol. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. LOVE YOU AND ENJOY!!!!

~*~*~

"Okay. Why don't we find something for you guys to do, since you obviously can't have any free time." Kevin said, crossing his arms.

Avi and Kirstie chuckled nervously while Mitch just rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, Kevin. I guess we got a little carried away." Avi apologized, and Kevin scoffed.

"A little?!" He asked, gesturing to the mess they made.

In the short amount of time it took him to walk into the kitchen from the living room, Avi and Kirstie had: moved several chairs out of place, gotten food all over the counters and on the floor, knocked over a flower vase that thankfully hadn't broken, and had spilled water on the table that was dripping on the floor from the vase.

"Okay, a lot carried away." Kirstie admitted.

"What should we do instead?" Avi asked.

"I'm not sure, but while you guys are figuring that out, I can start cleaning up this mess." He told them. Then he paused. "Speaking of messes, I really need to clean up around here."

"Oh! We can help you!" Kirstie exclaimed.

"We can?" Mitch asked, raising an eyebrow which earned an elbow from Kirstie. "Oof."

"Yes. We're the ones who made the messes in the first place, so we should help clean up."

"Correction. You two are the ones who made the messes. Eu não tinha parte nissot."

"No part in it?" Kevin scoffed. "What about telling Kirstie to throw different things at Avi?"

"Those were just suggestions. Kirstin didn't have to listen to me."

"Come on, Mitch." Avi piped up. "We're Kevin's guests, it's the least we could do."

"You know," Kevin interjected. "Since you guys are my guests, I don't think I'd feel comfortable making you clean up around here."

"Well, think of it this way. We're gonna be staying here for a while, right?" Kirstie questioned, and Kevin nodded. "Then don't think of it as making your guests clean for you, think of it as... giving your housemates chores that we're happy to do."

"I think 'happy' is stretching it a little." Mitch commented, making air quotes.

"Well, Kirstie and I are happy to clean up." Avi told Kevin.

"Alright, I guess I should assign you some things to clean up... I'll stick with cleaning the bedrooms. My room is pretty messy so I'm going to clean it up myself." He thought for a moment before continuing. "Kirstie, if you don't mind, you could clean the counters and the table."

"Ooh, I'll sweep too!"

"You don't have to." He tried, but Kirstie insisted.

"No, no, it's okay. If I'm cleaning off the counters and table, then I'll be knocking stuff on the floor. I might as well clean it up afterwards instead of making someone else do it."

"Well, if you insist." Kevin shrugged. "Okay, Avi you're next. You can... clean the mirrors and reflective surfaces... and maybe take out the trash?"

"Sounds simple enough." Avi shrugged.

"Um... could I maybe help with something?" Scott asked, and everyone looked at him. "I mean, if everyone else is gonna be cleaning up, I feel like I should participate too."

"Sure! But only if you're comfortable with it." Kevin told him, and Scott nodded. "Alright then. I guess you could... vacuum the carpet?"

"Okay. Do you want me to move the furniture and get underneath them too?"

"If you don't mind. But if you can't then don't bother." Then he turned to Mitch. "Mitch, you're the last one. Want to do something?"

He shrugged.

"Meh, why not?"

"Since you've already dusted, you can just do one thing."

"Now that's something I can get behind." Mitch smirked.

"Okay, so Kirstie's cleaning the counters and sweeping, Scott's vacuuming, I'll be cleaning my room, and Avi's cleaning things that reflect and taking out the trash." He listed. "With everyone else doing that, it looks like the last thing to do is... dish duty."

Mitch's smirk faltered a bit.

"...What?"

~*~*~

Mitch stood dumbfounded in front of the sink, a small pile of dirty dishes inside. He was giving Kevin a small, forced smile when he saw the dishwasher.

"Wait. You have a lava-louças."

"Great observation!" Kevin told him, and Mitch glared at him.

"No! I mean, if you have one, then why do I need to do os pratos?"

"The dishwasher isn't working, but I have someone coming over tomorrow to fix it."

"Then why don't we wait until they fix it to do this?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but personally it would feel weird to have a clean house with dirty dishes in the sink. Plus, what if they aren't able to fix it tomorrow? Then there'd still be dishes that need to be washed."

"Okay okay, I get it!" Mitch groaned. He huffed and rolled his eyes before looking down at himself. "Um... can I change clothes first? I mean, with such lovely sleepwear, I'd hate to get it dirty."

"For the last time, I DON'T SLEEP IN THAT THING!!!" Avi yelled, pausing his trip upstairs. "I've never even worn it!"

"Cale-se! No one asked you!" Mitch called back, then he looked at Kevin.

"Go ahead and do what you must. I'd better start cleaning too."

"M'kay!" Mitch told him, and ran out of the kitchen.

A few minutes went by before he came back in his regular clothes. Mitch furrowed his eyebrows as he stood in front of the dirty dishes again and scanned over the utensils. Finally grabbing the bottom of a fork with two fingers, Mitch carefully lifted it from the sink. He made a face of slight disgust as he saw food still stuck to it and quickly dropped the fork back in the sink.

"I don't think so." He said, pausing to wipe his fingers off on the dishrag.

"Coming through." Kirstie warned from behind him.

Mitch hopped out of the way as she moved along the counter with another rag, wiping crumbs to the floor. While he waited for her to finish, he started to think of a way to get out of washing the dishes. They were nasty and he wasn't planning on touching them again, even with gloves on.

'Hmm... maybe I can get someone to switch with me...' He thought, then he paused and rolled his eyes. 'Oh espere, I should probably ask that Kevin guy if it's okay, just in case someone thinks we can't switch and throws a fit.'

Mitch slipped out of the kitchen as Kirstie hummed to herself and went up the stairs to find Kevin. After opening and closing a few doors, Mitch finally found him in his room, folding clothes on his bed. Kevin glanced up at the sound of his door opening.

"Oh hey, Mitch. What's up?" He asked, pausing his folding and turning his attention to the charmer in the doorway.

"Hey, me and the others were wondering if we were allowed to trade jobs with each other?"

"Firstly, it's 'the others and I' were wondering. Not me and the others." Kevin corrected, and Mitch rolled his eyes. "Secondly, yes you can switch chores with each other. They aren't written in stone so you can do whichever one you want."

"Wait, really?"

"I mean, you can but I'm not sure if anyone would want to. But hey, as long as both parties agree to the switch then it should be fine."

"Not a problem." Mitch told him, his smirk returning. "Obrigado!"

With renewed energy, Mitch ran downstairs to decide which chore he wanted to do. As he got to the bottom of the stairs, he looked around and inspected his options.

'Now, let's see. Who should I make switch with me?' He thought, and looked over at Scott. 'Hmm... Vacuuming doesn't seem too bad.'

Mitch had only taken a step when he watched Scott vacuum near the couch Kirstie had previously been balancing on. He didn't think anything of it at first, but then he noticed that Scott was actually moving the furniture out of the way when he vacuumed and stopped in his tracks.

"Puta merda." Mitch whispered to himself.

'Maybe vacuuming isn't the best idea.' He thought as he turned away, glancing back for only a moment. 'He's a strong one...'

Mitch looked at Kirstie wiping off the counters and scrunched up his nose.

'It's better than washing dishes, but I doubt she'll want to trade after that fuss she made to Kevin.'

"Don't worry, everything's fine!" Avi's voice said, making Mitch turn around. "Yes, I'm sure... No, I'm not being rude! In fact, everyone is helping clean up around the house."

Avi was coming down the stairs, one hand had his phone and the other had a half-full garbage bag. He shooed Mitch out of the way as he passed by, still talking on the phone.

"Yeah, yeah I know... I'll-hey! No! We said one call!... Yeah but I'm busy!... Okay, what if I find some time to text you guys? Will that be okay?"

'What was his job again?' Mitch tried to remember. 'He had to get the trash and wipe off reflective surfaces? I think that means mirrors and the glass in the coffee table and stuff... Hm, that doesn't sound too bad actually.'

"Alright. I'll text you guys later... Love you too... Okay- Wait, Mom! Mom!... Tell Esther I found her little "gift", and it's not funny... Okay, thanks... Alright... Bye."

When Avi hung up his phone, Mitch hid a big, mischievous grin that was on his face and walked over to him.

"Hey, Avi~!" Mitch said, getting his attention.

"What do you want?" He asked, eyeing Mitch cautiously.

"Oh nothing, just wondering what's up."

"Well if you must know, right now I'm getting all the trash... Aren't you supposed to be washing dishes or something?"

"Technically yes. I would do them now, but I'm waiting for her to move." Mitch explained, gesturing to the kitchen.

Avi briefly glanced at Kirstie wiping off counters in the kitchen, before looking back at Mitch.

"What do you mean 'technically'?"

"Well, I asked Kevin a couple minutes ago if I could do a different job, just out of curiosity, and he said yes. So I'm actually supposed to tell you to do the dishes while I do your job."

"Really?"

"That's what Kevin said. But it's okay, I don't want you to suffer."

"How would I suffer by doing the dishes?"

"Because it's kinda hard to wash dishes when Kirstin keeps getting in your way and bumping into you. She's so focused on cleaning that she doesn't even notice."

"Huh..."

"But like I said before. It's okay, I don't want you to suffer."

"No no, I insist! I mean, as long as you don't mind doing two chores."

"Claro que não. But are you sure you want to wash the dishes? I mean, I'm pretty sure Kirstin's gonna get in your way a lot. You really don't have to."

"It's fine, Mitch. Besides, I know how annoying Kirstie can be. I've spent enough time with her to know how to tune her out." Avi told him jokingly, and Mitch snatched the garbage bag out of his hand.

"Well if you insist!" He swung the bag over his shoulder and went to get more trash. "Boa sorte!"

Avi had no idea what Mitch just said, but shrugged it off and went into the kitchen anyway. Kirstie looked at him as he turned on the water in the sink and grabbed some soap.

"Hey, I thought Mitch was washing the dishes?" She asked, confused.

"Yeah he was, but we traded chores." He explained.

"Are we allowed to do that?"

"He told me Kevin told us to trade, so I guess it's okay."

"Huh, alright then."

"Don't act so indifferent. You've got a cool new cleaning buddy to keep you company."

"Oh yes. Because you're such a card." She teased. "I'm sure you're the life of the party."

"Hey! I'll have you know that people actually enjoy it when I go to their parties."

"Let me guess. You show up and put a lampshade on your head?"

"Only if we're playing hide and seek." He joked, and that made Kirstie laugh.

Mitch didn't bother trying to hide his smirk when he passed them, taking the now full trash bag outside and throwing it in the dumpster near Kevin's house. Since Avi had already collected most of the trash for him, all he had to do now was wipe down some stuff and clean a few mirrors. Mitch chuckled as he wiped his hands on his pants and started walking back to the house. There was a slight skip to his step as he sighed and enjoyed not having to do the dishes.

"That was too easy."

~*~*~

What did you guys think? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 430 11
Mitch: "I can be mean though." Avi: "That's okay, I'll take care of you." Sailing under the radar while we obsessed over Scömìche, this is the ship t...
8.3K 373 13
What would happen if PTX were to split up? Could they end up getting back together or will one member's life altering event change that? The 1st book...
15K 366 35
Note that I wrote these before Matt joined so sorry he's not in here 😔 Other than that... just a regular one shot book and it's pg so yay for us 😂
29.2K 746 24